Mind benders and quizzes:

Blob

Old Alpha
Society
Midnight Agents
Blobius Blob Meisterus
Thought it would be cool to have a place where people could ask and answer, for example, mindbenders, logic puzzles etc.

Here's my first one:

There are 10 balls, 9 are red and 1 is white. Your friend picks one and you have to guess what colour he picked. What are the chances that he picked a red one?

BTW shouldn't be too hard but it should get the ball rolling ;)

can my friend see the color of the balls before deciding which to pick?
if my friend is an ass he would most likely go for the white (lets say 90%) and if hes one of those guys who just doenst care he would most likely pick a red one (90% aswell).
if he cant see them... would all the balls feel the same?

its all about the details. :wise:

Hehe I think you've found the key to this question. The friend CAN see the balls

The odds are 50/50. There are only two colours to choose from.

Donald

Yes that is the answer I was looking for... anyone else want to post a question? :D

That clever actually, i wud say 99% he will not pick red, as most people are gona be ass holes and pick the one colour that is on its own, as they feel it is getting bullied by the others for being different, and they feel sorry for it and want to remove it from the misery it is being subjected too.

Hardish puzzle

OK, here is quite a hardish one asked of me by a friend a couple of weeks ago:

You are one of three wise advisors to a king, but you can never agree with the other two wise advisors as to what advice you should give the king. The king is very upset that important questions of state, such as which half of the kingdom he should offer to the knight who saves the princess from the dragon or if he should allow his son to marry a peasent girl just because he has a thing for her shoe size, go unanswered because his wise advisers are constantly disagreeing.

So, being a tyrannical ruler, the king decides to only keep one of his wise advisors and feed the other two to the ogre. However, the king wishes to keep the wisest of his three advisors and so he devises a test to determine which of you are to be killed and who is to be spared.

The king summons you, the other wise advisors and the court wizard to him and has the wizard enchant five pieces of cloth so that once applied to somesone's skin the cloth will stick there and cannot be removed. Of the five cloths 3 are green and 2 are red. The king orders you and his other advisors to take off your robes and applies one of the five magic cloths to each of your backs and gives the remaining cloths to the magician who promptly vanishes in a puff of smoke without anyone seeing what colour cloths he had. The magic cloths are positioned so that the person to whome it is stuck can't see what colour their own cloth is (and there are no mirrors, magic or otherwise, in the room!) but you can see that the other two advisors cloths are both green.

The king now declairs that the first wise advisor who can tell him what colour the cloth on their own back is will be spared and the others killed. The other two wise advisors stand around looking compleatly confused and more than a little worried.

The question then is: what colour is the cloth on your back, and how can you work it out?

OK tough one... I would say green just because the test would have to be fair to each wise advisor... if that's not the correct reason feel free to wait for the correct one cos I'm still thinking about it

Actually I think I've got it... :)

Your's is Green because if it was red Wise Adviser #1 would know that his was green because otherwise Wise Adviser #2 would see both our's as red and would know that his had to be green. So as neither of them say anything, your's must be Green also. :D

Blob said:
Actually I think I've got it... :)

Your's is Green because if it was red Wise Adviser #1 would know that his was green because otherwise Wise Adviser #2 would see both our's as red and would know that his had to be green. So as neither of them say anything, your's must be Green also. :D

Correct, and I must say in very quick time too!

Yay! Thanks! OK I'll transplant this one across from another thread:

The man who made it didn't want it, the man who bought it didn't use it, the man who used it never saw it. What is it?

easy, a coffin :p

Yes! Well done. :cheer:

OK well it seems no one is posting any puzzles, so here's an old one:

A man is looking at a picture on a wall and says: "Brothers and sisters I have none, but that man's father is my fathers son". Who is in the picture? :tongue2:

Blob said:
OK well it seems no one is posting any puzzles, so here's an old one:

A man is looking at a picture on a wall and says: "Brothers and sisters I have none, but that man's father is my fathers son". Who is in the picture? :tongue2:

His kid ;)

Edit:

To explain: Seeing he has no siblings, the only son his father had is the man himself. If the man in the picture is he, the picture must be of his son.

C'mon people post some puzzles! :tongue2: OK: If a plane carrying 200 people crashes exactly on the border between England and Scotland, Where do they bury the survivors? :confused:

Blob said:
C'mon people post some puzzles! :tongue2: OK: If a plane carrying 200 people crashes exactly on the border between England and Scotland, Where do they bury the survivors? :confused:

Hopefully they don't bury people alive in GB. ;)

edit: I changed my mind and say Scotland. It's commonly known to mankind they're savages and do bury people alive up there in the highlands. ;)

Last edited:
:d

Yes lol. You don't bury the survivors.
Here's a stupid one:
What do cows drink?

Water.
Why did the punk rocker cross the road?

Dunno. :confused: To rock some punks? :p

because Nancy was hording all the really good drugs on the other side of the road ;)

how do you upload pictures onto a post? i have a very hard mind bender to give to you. So hard i do not know the answer but i know how to check it and i have been trying to crack it for 3 days!

A man puts a bear trap on the ground. He then decides to go for a walk.

He walks 5 miles south, 3 miles east and 5 miles North. He arrives back at where he started and sees a bear has been caught by the trap he left. He kills and skins it. He turns the skin into a new coat for his wife.

What colour is the coat? :tongue2:

Depends on what kind of bear it was
Panda Bear
Polar Bear
Black Bear
Grizzly Bear
Grin and Bare It
I cant stand to bare anymore
etc etc ect

White, cos to end up at the same place you would have to start at the north pole :D :p Edit: (Therefore it's a Polar Bear)

Maybe you could send a link to the picture Mohsinali410?

Last edited:
Blob said:
White, cos to end up at the same place you would have to start at the north pole :D :p Edit: (Therefore it's a Polar Bear)

Maybe you could send a link to the picture Mohsinali410?

Correct! :D North Pole is the only place on earth you could travel that route and end up at the same place!

OK try this one Pinky; and everyone else :p I made it up myself (I think :p):

This sequence of numbers is a common sight, but which number comes next and why?:

10111212 ?

:tongue2:

ok i know the picture looks boring because i drew it in paint! it's just a box here's the link for it:
showimage.php

ok this is what you've got to do. you have to get only 1 line through all of those lines once! and no fat lines (you will understand what i mean if you look up the definition of a line)

happy puzzling! ;)

Blob said:
OK try this one Pinky; and everyone else :p I made it up myself (I think :p):

This sequence of numbers is a common sight, but which number comes next and why?:

10111212 ?

:tongue2:

10111213????? :dunce:

Back