MindArk financials

Pe-nerd said:
Hehe only a poor job on the GD guys :laugh: on the picture. From left to right Loke - Kemp - Marco - Camelman. I think they drank to much tuborg i think.

Loke looks like Stone Cold Steve Austin:

200pxStoneColdSteveAustinPortrait.jpg

mrproper said:
Bad hair day?!

Yes, not the greatest of pics - the day it was taken was a traumatic one, as my dog was at the vet and was near death. Hard to bring a smile.

(The dog survived. =)

Marco|MindArk said:
Yes, not the greatest of pics - the day it was taken was a traumatic one, as my dog was at the vet and was near death. Hard to bring a smile.

(The dog survived. =)
Gratz to your doggy!!:D

Epictetus said:
Loke looks like Stone Cold Steve Austin:

lol epictus :laugh:

Marco said:
(The dog survived. =)

Nice to hear he did, hope he still does ok?

p.s. dont show him this picture otherwise ............... :D :D :D

interesting stuff, thanks marco : )

Marco|MindArk said:

(The dog survived. =)

I know such days :)
Hope your dog is ok , not only survived.

I have never seen a year financial report with pictures and promotional material in before :laugh: Figure wise the past year looks awesome, it's nice to end a year beeing $460.000 USD ahead rather then $10.000 behind. But please marco, tell your financial department not to have promotional material in the report :D

mrproper said:
I really like the fonts and designs on the document, very proffesional... but....

Bad hair day?! >>
marco.png

This one looks better:)
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Keep up the posting Marco ;)

I agree on the bad hair day though, and don't look so grimm :D

e-lite said:
I have never seen a year financial report with pictures and promotional material in before :laugh: Figure wise the past year looks awesome, it's nice to end a year beeing $460.000 USD ahead rather then $10.000 behind. But please marco, tell your financial department not to have promotional material in the report :D
It would be better taxwise to end the year in $0.0 tho...
MA need better accountants :p

Marco|MindArk said:
For those interested in Mindark's financials, new info is up on www.mindark.com

Marco, even in the Financial Report you make reference to the official (old) storyline of PE. However, the new players don't even know what the storyline is in EU. When I start a new MMORPG the first thing I want to know is if I like the storyline... You once told me that there was gonna be an update on this soon. I don't want to come across as being very impatient but I just think there is a very important part missing in EU ... ;)

e-lite said:

Looks great to me. I've read quite a few financial reports from gaming companies, and this is what they look like. I think you just have to get used to it. :)

Anyway, thanks for the info Marco. :thumbup:

Tigerman said:
Dino said:
I could have sworn I saw this picture at the post office! :laugh:
EDIT: Never mind, that joke could be missinterpreted...
Really? I just meant that at least in the USA they post the "10 most wanted" criminals in the post office. Or at least I think they do, I've never acutally looked. :laugh:

Dino said:
Really? I just meant that at least in the USA they post the "10 most wanted" criminals in the post office. Or at least I think they do, I've never acutally looked. :laugh:
Well, i took mine more into the western style and realized that it could be misinterpreted as a threat.. I wouldnt want that..

Marco|MindArk said:

(The dog survived. =)

Aaahh, you should have told us Marco, we would have bought you a beer later the day.
But it indeed explains why you weren't that entertaining that day. Was nice to meet Hunden though :)

AJack10600 said:
I agree on the bad hair day though, and don't look so grimm :D

Ahum, yeah you indeed looked like some kinda "stiff upper lip" dude. No offense, now I know why :)

e-lite said:

It's actually very common. Investors like to look at branding and pretty pictures. A flashy and well designed year-end report inspires confidence.

Ok well look at it like this:

Yes according to the finacials they have only grossed out at about $370,000 USD for the end of 2005. But, look at the amount of money within EU that is changing hands and being depositied into the EU.

Like CND: $100,000 Spent
as opposed to Leeloo's find $15,000

Once again, on the surface it may not look like the company is thriving, but when you look at the cost of running a company like theirs, as opposed to the cost of running just a website and or regular company out here in the real world (which they are as well), they are doing quite well.

Granted, on paper, everything looks great. But in material assets and actually dollar amount they are doing well.

I would like to see some of that go back into the EU though. I did not see any mention of how much they were paying out though. Or did I miss that? All I saw was a number representing 'Reimbursement'. I don't know though.

Epictetus said:
It's actually very common. Investors like to look at branding and pretty pictures. A flashy and well designed year-end report inspires confidence.
Exactly. Financial statements are by definition marketing materials. They are trying to market the company to investors while satisfying whatever financial regulatory bodies require them. I mean, have you ever heard of anyone faking their financials to make them look bad?

Dino said:
Exactly. Financial statements are by definition marketing materials. They are trying to market the company to investors while satisfying whatever financial regulatory bodies require them. I mean, have you ever heard of anyone faking their financials to make them look bad?
Ummm... yes..
Its called making the numbers look more beneficial in order to pay less tax..
Or as the IRS would call it.. Tax Evasion Fraud

Epictetus said:

Eyes candies are often used to hide things and make you bind.
Its how magicien do the trick , wile you looks the shiny picture , you got something that go snlownly but surelly in a place where vaselin should be used.

Clear and neat , well presented and understandable dont mean autoblowing trumpet ....

Etopia said:
Eyes candies are often used to hide things and make you bind.
Its how magicien do the trick , wile you looks the shiny picture , you got something that go snlownly but surelly in a place where vaselin should be used.

Clear and neat , well presented and understandable dont mean autoblowing trumpet ....
Oh, you mean like the script kiddies use flash animations to cover up crappy designed webpages? :p

Tigerman said:
Oh, you mean like the script kiddies use flash animations to cover up crappy designed webpages? :p

yeah :)
Or society that paint full rusty super tanker boat , so they got agreement to go in sea ....
For som it turn not bad or still havent , som is now used as fish house , for a fish that know how to swim in oil ...

Marco|MindArk said:

(The dog survived. =)

My sister's friend lost her kitten two days ago after having it about one year. It got droven over.

And at the same time their dog that they have had for 4 years had to go to hospital. Today it was put to sleep due to the disease being too malignant.

Two pets in three days. :(

Silver said:
Uber grats to all the people at Mindark! You are getting nice little hofs for yourselves now :)

I wonder if you get swirling lights and trumpets playing when you go to the bank each month ;p

Well, considering the they pay 8 mill SEK in salery to 29 people is suggesting they don't make more money than the seasonal worker on Wall Mart...

Back