Mindark fix this!! (Hogglo Diablo event)

In fairness I also noticed a major disparity between what seemed to be dropping at Argus compared to 'somewhere' else.

After about the 5th or 6th 5 digit HoF with nothing over 1k at Argus I actually gave up and joined those in the sky,which is a shame because I love shared loot mobs.

I'm not bringing out the tin foil hat or anything,Right place right time,swings and roundabouts and all that but it was just really deflating at the time.

Yeah tbh, I dont think I will ever do shared where it is all split up at different locations again. Not just me, but the heartache of the others there with me when the other spots are ATH's or way more hoffing, is just too much to bear. This was the last time I will bother when it is split up.

Yeah tbh, I dont think I will ever do shared where it is all split up at different locations again. Not just me, but the heartache of the others there with me when the other spots are ATH's or way more hoffing, is just too much to bear. This was the last time I will bother when it is split up.

it sucks to be at the wrong spot,but if there was just 1 spot it would be unplayable due to lag/serverstress
it was already tough at 3 spots
and at arkadia its also usually spread out between 2 bases

I watched this thread go from 9am to 9pm (12 hours) Mindark didn't seem to think there was a problem.

I decided to check it out, as if there was a problem they would have done something about it.

now_thats_what_i_call_a_server_test2.jpg

In 3 hours I gained 2hp approximately and I didnt disconnect once. If that's a server test - it passed!

For the most part the hunters could do their thing and those who wanted to skill a 'hard to acquire skill' in the air above them (space is a really, really unpleasant place to be for most of us)

Win / win I think. Especially those who sell Oil and replacement Sleipnir's. I need a new one, its burnt to a crisp.

it sucks to be at the wrong spot,but if there was just 1 spot it would be unplayable due to lag/serverstress
it was already tough at 3 spots
and at arkadia its also usually spread out between 2 bases

yeah but kong isn't...the smugglers were always focused at one spot at a time, cyrene bosses, that fat feffoid guy, cyclops cave...there is plenty of the single loc shared around to occupy me...this multiple site stuff is done for me :)

Its not about money its about valueating people game time - there is many players who have spent months and years in space to aquire an amount of pilot skills which gets handed out to others for free over the time of one weekend.
Imagine you had spent years to build up a shopping chain and mindark hands out dozends of shops for free to other players who happen to be at a certain mindark event - how would you feel ?

that's how people felt that invested in items like slugstorm only to have like 1oo given out as prizes or looted, ruined the mu. people who invested in rarity armors like Viking, sala, etc., people who were daily crafters of OLD BPS that all got ruined upon the loot changes. I could go on and on. adapt and overcome.

What I like about this particular situation. ANYONE can participate in one or both parts of whats going on, despite there skill lv or peds. don't have to be rich ms owner, don't have to be super uber killer,

people other than afkers are working together and mu of things going up... seems good to me.

LB out..

indeed several mus going up
but people still going skilling util dont have anymore sleipnir in market ;P and none going craft one

well said dude. It's always crazy - you feel like you are missing out already and then it's even worse when you pick the wrong spot or - worse you get D/C and can't get back in.

I really appreciate that you say you won't do it because you don't like seeing the community upset. It's not as great as a community event if we are divided.

Best I really think of is Atrox Queen - and before the feffox crap. :)

Stop giving them (MA) ideas. :laugh:

He's referring to a bug after a vu many years ago. You could attack auctioneers with melee weapons and get skills but there was no decay. Everywhere you went there were people assaulting auctioneers.

In the same vu I think, there was a new bp for sale for 1 pec as usual, but it came with 100 qr. You can imagine what happened.

Why they should fix it? Ppl decay their Vtol, price of skills goes down, is that not good for MA? :wise:

Why they should fix it? Ppl decay their Vtol, price of skills goes down, is that not good for MA? :wise:

VTOL demand surge. Crafters happy.
Since Hogglo Diablo does AoE damage, the more people there, the less damage each individual receives. Hunters should be slightly happy. Some are pissed of mob being blocked. lol

VTOL demand surge. Crafters happy.
Since Hogglo Diablo does AoE damage, the more people there, the less damage each individual receives. Hunters should be slightly happy. Some are pissed of mob being blocked. lol

We were pissed because idiots tried to assfuck the hogglo so we couldn't reach it. Made it stuck, parked in our line of sight.

And to everyone who thinks ma made a fortune; due to the lag, I spent only half the ammo yesterday, despite shooting constantly for the same time. That's 1.5k+ PED just from me that MA didn't get. That's 50 fricking sleipnirs worth of decay they missed out from me.

I believe that MA should be happy with the result. In one day was sold two Equus (for skilling only!), and I think that this is not the end, was burned a huge pile of Vehicles and oil, and was made a huge turnover, so I believe that all your arguments and whining is useless. This is very beneficial for them.

Hmmm i take my words back i guess...

MA DONT FIX THIS!!

The decay will be good for income :)

You should not have whine, what happened - is only benefit. I'm sure of it

My problems are:

1. I want that skill to, I was in a quad for five minutes but it felt like I was cheating. Today I will try again since I don't see that ma will take any action, hence I am stupid if I don't.

2. People should listen to the hunters. They would get more skills and we could get more Hogglos dead. People we're crashing the mobs and us on purpose and didn't listen.

3. Hunting went at half pace because of that. We could have doubled the decay and ammo spent. For that reason I think that MA actually loses money on this.

i accept the fact, but would be much happier if everyone was not so greedy for skills that they repeatedly crash the mobs and hunters.

My problems are:

1. I want that skill to, I was in a quad for five minutes but it felt like I was cheating. Today I will try again since I don't see that ma will take any action, hence I am stupid if I don't.

2. People should listen to the hunters. They would get more skills and we could get more Hogglos dead. People we're crashing the mobs and us on purpose and didn't listen.

3. Hunting went at half pace because of that. We could have doubled the decay and ammo spent. For that reason I think that MA actually loses money on this.

i accept the fact, but would be much happier if everyone was not so greedy for skills that they repeatedly crash the mobs and hunters.

If you really want to shoot go to PvP spawn,very clean and good :)

Am happy to see that the majority of the pilots stay in the air now.

About turnover you are wrong. Saturday Turnover in 5 times greater than any of days (close to 1b PED), so the MA earn over 5 times more money than usual. This completely breaks your arguments. Check EL

About turnover you are wrong. Saturday Turnover in 5 times greater than any of days (close to 1b PED), so the MA earn over 5 times more money than usual. This completely breaks your arguments. Check EL

No it doesn't:)

Turnover is bigger than usual due to the event. However, the turnover could be going at twice the pace of there was no lag. The lag didn't show up until people realized you could get pilot skills. However, MA could have better servers.

It is good for the market though. Sleipnirs and quads went up in price, hopefully some materials did so as well. Would be interesting to know how much total decay of spacecrafts would add up to after the event.

Turnover is bigger than usual due to the event. However, the turnover could be going at twice the pace of there was no lag. The lag didn't show up until people realized you could get pilot skills. However, MA could have better servers.

It is good for the market though. Sleipnirs and quads went up in price, hopefully some materials did so as well. Would be interesting to know how much total decay of spacecrafts would add up to after the event.

If there was no decay of vehicles maybe was not ATH. You did not think about it this aspect? :laugh:

Last edited:
Another Picture:

(I didn't participate in it, after looking around I Went to the spot in PVP1 and hunted there.)

Decay is really low, less than 20 ped per hour, agreed there are a lot of sleips there decaying, but if most were on crafting or hunting their decay would be 10 times and more higher.

So i am not convinced MA is getting much out of this. (I reserve the right to be completely wrong though.)

I also think MA should disable vehicles in these mob events, as i am sure the hunters are NOT impressed with the lag caused.

Yes i am also skilling in a sleip, those easy health points are just to easy to miss, but also i will not be taken aback if hunters abused me. Cause if i was a hunter i wouldn't be impressed.

So i will accept criticism until MA say it is an exploit, which it kind of is, or MA ban vehicles. Until then i apologize for the lag caused by my sleip....

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: it would help if the idiots got their vehicles off the damn ground though so hunters can see!!! Then they wouldnt be moving about constantly......but PE seems to bring 1 idiot per 10 people, so no chance there

Decay is really low, less than 20 ped per hour, agreed there are a lot of sleips there decaying, but if most were on crafting or hunting their decay would be 10 times and more higher.

So i am not convinced MA is getting much out of this. (I reserve the right to be completely wrong though.)

I also think MA should disable vehicles in these mob events, as i am sure the hunters are NOT impressed with the lag caused.

Yes i am also skilling in a sleip, those easy health points are just to easy to miss, but also i will not be taken aback if hunters abused me. Cause if i was a hunter i wouldn't be impressed.

So i will accept criticism until MA say it is an exploit, which it kind of is, or MA ban vehicles. Until then i apologize for the lag caused by my sleip....

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: it would help if the idiots got their vehicles off the damn ground though so hunters can see!!! Then they wouldnt be moving about constantly......but PE seems to bring 1 idiot per 10 people, so no chance there

The bolded part is true yes.
The only annoyance atm is people landing the vehicles on top of the mob or hunters and therefor blocking their shots... :)

Back