Mindark Infos (2001) - Employee List - Shares Ownership...

McCormick

Deactivated Account
Society
La Faction Beta -LFB-
The concept design of Project Entropia was initiated in 1995 and was performed by one group of engineers in Switzerland, lead by Benny Iggland, and by one group in Sweden headed by Jan Welter Timkrans. In 1997, it was decided that a new company should be founded with the purpose of implementing the concept designed by the two groups. The company, MindArk AB, was started in 1999, with the purpose of bringing the work of the two groups together, and to finalize the development of Project Entropia.

original link:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010528050145/http://www.mindark.se/default.asp?page=concept

Old share info :
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Todays business canvasser of the "Value Venture Capital AG" is Benny Iggland. (see list of employees at end of post)

link:
Value Venture Capital AG, 8032 Zürich - finanzinstitut - swissguide.ch

Link to company :
Value Venture Capital AG

An old link to the company had a link to Project Entropia, calling it "our online commerce system"

----------------------------------------------------------------
Link to old developer forum :
http://web.archive.org/web/20010406025414/boards.xrgaming.net/forums/list.php?f=138

Some threads work, others dont, still interesting :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The old Entropia Headquarter site :

Old link to it :
http://web.archive.org/web/20010418225538/www.projectentropiahq.com/

Old Employee List:

Infos about employees, shareholders, developer forum, old Entropia HQ site...

Programmers

Patrik Holmsten

Patrik is the coordinator of the technology group. His main duty is the overall design and co-ordination of the implementation of the game engine. He also works with the detail design and implementation of some subsystems, e.g. the 3D and script systems.

Andreas Funksj�

Andreas works in the technology group as an engineer and senior programmer. His main responsibility is the design and implementation of the character subsystem. This is the part of the content engine used to render and animate characters.

Jonas Bystr�m

Jonas is a lower-level programmer, involved with databases and communication solutions.

Magnus Eriksson

Magnus is the one who makes the creatures think. The question is, does the hormone system of a lobster have something in common with a robot mind? Anyhow, that is what Magnus believes. Some people call it artificial intelligence.

Bj�rn Olsson

"Bornie" is a pure hardcore server side programmer.

Tom Edlund

Tom implements various solutions in our 3D engine.

Christian Holmqvist

Christian is working with the 3D-graphics engine, where he implements various solutions.

Christian Bucanac

Christian is responsible for the Database Engine and for the corresponding connections & communication solutions.

Habil Kantur

Habil is working with script tools, databases and communication solutions.

David Nielsen

David is working with logic- & rules- programming on both the server- & the client- side of the game engine

Jonas Collberg

Jonas is involved with various 3D-engine related tasks.

David Larsson

David is a low level programmer implementing various systems in the game engine.

Magnus Martinsson

Magnus is implementing visual systems on the client �side.

Game Designers

John - Anders Pettersson

Lead Game Designer

John-Anders, a former magazine editor, works as a designer and is creating rule systems for the different aspects of Project Entropia.

Sarbasst Hassanpour

Sarbasst is the Lead designer of the user interaction interface.

Anders Berg

Anders is a Rule systems designer.

Per Edman

Per is a game rules designer and quest scriptwriter with experience from other companies in the business.

Computer Graphics Artists

Daniel Sevo

Daniel is responsible for the 3D modeling and for the making of texture maps.

Jimmy Johansson

Jimmy is our lead animator and responsible for all the characters in the game.

Niklas Bergsten

Niklas with his graphics skills make him a top choice for texture mapping assignments.

Peter Alfredsson

Peter has been an illustrator/graphic designer since 1981.

Kajsa H�gberg

Kajsa, a seasoned artist, is part of the computer graphic artists team. Her main task is to use her creativity and natural artistic skills to create artwork that visually illustrate the different environments of Project Entropia. She also works with classification and illustration of surroundings, buildings, interior design and objects in general.

Fredrik Andersson

Fredrik is a talented illustrator.

Alf Svensson

Alf is working with 3D modelling, animations and texture maps.

Daniel Molin

Daniel is working with 3D modelling, animations and textures.

Michael Palm

Michael is working with textures and level design.

Music & Sound

Lars Falk

Lars composes all music and sound effects needed for our game and for our websites.

Project Manager

Bernt W�hlin

Bernt is the Project Entropia project manager and co-ordinator between the technology, design and marketing groups.

Marketing

Patric Sundstr�m

Patric works with marketing of MindArk products as well as taking care of press and media-related issues.

Web Administration

Thommie Astorson

Thommie develops and administrates the web sites for MindArk as well as for Project Entropia.

Patrik Rydberg

Patrik developes the web sites for MindArk as well as for Project Entropia.

Administration

Hanna Friberg

Hanna is responsible for the administration.

Engineering

Lars Hammarstr�m

Lars is an experienced hardware engineer with documented network and security skills. His main task is to make sure that the office runs smoothly, and that the software and hardware is fully functional with the latest updates on servers and workstations.

Management

Jan Welter Timkrans

Jan has greatly contributed to the original Project Entropia idea. He has been involved in a large number of projects in vastly different fields. Jan is the chief virtual universe architect and our keeper of the vision.

Benny Iggland

Benny is responsible for our long-term development, shareholder contacts, and investor relations.

Anders Stenlund

Anders, with a long and varied background in accounting, financial reports and business control, is our Controller of the Exchequer

Steve Shannon

Steve is an experienced marketer, with extensive experience in mass market communication. Steve Shannon is Executive Director, Marketing Services, for GM North America.

Other MindArk Associates

Translator
Frank Campbell

p.s.
Found by using the way back machine with Home

Still gathering more infos

Last edited:
Hmmm i thought Thommie left ?
Very cool find man...

:laugh: why theese guys are called PROgrammers? :laugh:

BUt this was 2001?
I guess they have quite some more people at work now.
Especially administration/support. I don't think they can handle it with so few people.
And i wonder, do they have a legal adviser full time hired, or have the only once hired an agency and just disregard all question/problems in the legal department's line of business?

:rolleyes: all those people and they still find it difficult to get anything done . . .

Thanks for posting, that's interesting. :)

More people than I expected.

Is Lars Falk still doing the music? If yes, he does a great job! :)

Yes hes still the musician.

well, he needs someone with him b/c we need more styles...i dont wanna shoot monsters and hear the start of the oxford commercial (which drives me crazy)

solo view = boring

dual view = possibility of fun

David Simmonds, nice guy and i can confirm he exists.

Last edited:
There was a page with cartoon style pictures of most of the employees.

I remember seeing it in the archived version of MA's website too, going to take a look and post a link.

About two people there:

Thommie, the web programmer, back then MA had an awesome forum and websites.

Benny Iggland, the ex-boss, until he and a few investors decided to leave MA, and MA went bankrupt.

*edit*

The page at MA's website with the info McCormick posted:
http://web.archive.org/web/20000817234750/www.mindark.com/associates.html

Last edited:

Business Development Director David Simmonds

not on your list and i can confrim he exists. nice guy, also.

:laugh: sry, but you got the wrong guy, that's our dear evangelist John Bates.

Simmonds is this one:

Last edited:

oh, no. this guy is bates?

hahaha. apologies to mr. simmonds, then.

mmmm, bates does exist.

i was told mind ark has 50 employees now, btw.

I think I've looked for that picture before and had no luck, but i will look at it again.

Btw, this is a good page from MA's website, helps understand what was their vision and plans back then, and their income calculations (although based on the far far fetched 1M users number) help gaining a better understanding of the whole EU businesses model.
http://web.archive.org/web/20021206001904/www.mindark.com/default.asp?page=32

Also on EU as a game:
We promote Project Entropia as a "game" - which is true - this is to be able to introduce our vision onto the market. The game users are used to virtual thinking, and accepting new ideas. This is necessary for us to insure a quick spread of Project Entropia. When the gaming community (being the most discriminating) has been convinced, we shall be able to also convince more regular users to enter the new universe.

Last edited:
I didn't see Loot Balancer listed is that job open? :D

some cool things i found in ideas

Today Patrik Holmsten posted on the PE Idea Board. He states:

* Text To Speech

Try it at CyberTown created by MindArk staff [Patrik Holmsten]

Adding text-to-speech on the clients would require very little work from us if we licensed a third-party product. We haven�t looked at the performance hit this would incur.

If you want to try such a system in action, take a look at http://www.cybertown.com (former Colony City). To their 3D chat world, they have added a pretty cool text-to-speech system where each user can define her/his voice characteristics. From that, I have made the following observations:

Advantages:
+ You can focus on other game aspects, e.g. combat, without missing anything.
+ You don�t have to read all the text that is scrolling by.
+ You can identify the speaker by the voice characteristics.
+ You can look away from the screen, even go get some food, without missing anything.
+ It�s cool.

Problems:
- Many words, names, abbreviations and misspellings sound incomprehensible.
- Only one voice at a time makes some speech come a long time after the text.
- When many people are talking, the ears never get a break. :)

I suppose there are other relevant issues as well.

I would kill for that :)

Love the pics here http://web.archive.org/web/20010303.../content/gallery/screenshots/screenshot.shtml

We all miss the old MA website and forums, a moment of silence for both the site and 24X7 support in IRC...:wave:

i liked this most: :D

Hardware: our server system is easily scalable. In fact, when the server system shows tendencies of slowing down, due to the sudden influx of a few hundred thousand additional users entering our universe, all one needs to do is to remotely activate a few extra processors to increase the computing capacity adequately.

so c'mon mindark, remotely activate a few extra processors :laugh: :yay:

so c'mon mindark, remotely activate a few extra processors :laugh: :yay:

They speak about :
the sudden influx of a few hundred thousand additional users

There is now 6 hundred thousand acouth , so far from that in player...Seems we still under the few hundred thousand barier ... :D

Infos about employees, shareholders, developer forum, old Entropia HQ site...

Marketing

Management

Jan Welter Timkrans

Jan has greatly contributed to the original Project Entropia idea. He has been involved in a large number of projects in vastly different fields. Jan is the chief virtual universe architect and our keeper of the vision.

Benny Iggland

Benny is responsible for our long-term development, shareholder contacts, and investor relations.

Anders Stenlund

Anders, with a long and varied background in accounting, financial reports and business control, is our Controller of the Exchequer

Steve Shannon

Steve is an experienced marketer, with extensive experience in mass market communication. Steve Shannon is Executive Director, Marketing Services, for GM North America.

Nice find!

hmmm The management...

so the pple above are the ones that we need to Flame concerning the loot :D

Wow, History in Making :D

Really nice finds!

Here's an ö for you to edit in the names ;)

Since you bumbed it you should maybe also mention that latest statements have said there is plans to list on Nasdaq 2. quarter of 2012 - this would change a lot in ownership.

Back