MindArk Q&A Session LAN 2023 Summary Transcript

Mike Masters

Alpha
Society
Guess Who
Michael Mike Masters
I've made a summary of the Q&A session with MindArk at LAN 2023.

Much thanks to the LAN 2023 organizers, the players who asked the questions, and MindArk.

The raw stream is here: Twitch Entropia LAN 2023 Stream.

Keep in mind some parts have been summarized not verbatim.

Hopefully Mindark can start to fix some of those bugs players deal with constantly but they just learned about.

Enjoy!
Part 1 Q&A: Players -->MA
Q1. Will there be early access/beta testing for unreal 5?
There will be a closed beta for selected players in the beginning & opened further later.

Q2. Are there any plans to tap into the creativity of the player base to create custom content for Unreal5?
Yes, there are plans.

Q3. Can we change the auction fee calculation so that it’s applied when an item is sold and not losing the fee when listing an item over and over again?
Revising the auction will be looked at.

Q4. Are most of these changes going to happen after Unreal Engine?
Not necessarily.

Q5. Will you ever be able to sell your avatar?
Not possible due to the fact that accounts contain personal information that must be protected. You can still sell your skills using skill chips.

Q6. Haven’t there been some players allowed to stay with sold avatars?
Not really.

Q7. Being allowed to fap others in the game devalues other skills, avatars with only 250HP are allowed use a Fapper to kill mobs much higher than his own level and get HOFs meant for other players. Removing that would increase the values of both skills & faps?
No, fapping is a core mechanic of the game, but we can change the content to make it suitable for people with higher skills and gear.

Q8. Do you have any plans to allow players to use the stats of one item while using the visuals of a different item, like is allowed in other games.
No current plans.

Q9. How long will the mayhem program continue?
Indefinitely, but can change depending on feedback.

Q10. Can we have one universal auction instead of separate auctions?
No.

Q11. Will Entropia Universe be on the Epic Storepage?
Yes.

Q12. Will the Umbranoids ever come back?
They are lost but may come back.

Q13. Any planned Landgrab changes?
Not in the near future.

Q14. Any crafting changes planned?
Nothing specific, we are still analyzing the effects of nanocube changes.

Q15. Can we get a better spawn of warlocks after they were removed from the center of Hadesheim, in particular gen 07s?
We will certainly look into this.

Q16. Why are TWEN drops being removed during events such as mayhem?
We can’t answer loot related questions.

Q17. TWEN has been disappointing since miners & crafters have been excluded from TWEN, and also there is a lack of low & mid level TWEN item drops.
The TWEN event will take on a new format after the summer.

Q18. In the future, can we have a way of ridding ourselves of the increasing amount of untradeable items in storages that we can’t TT or get rid of?
We are looking into this.

Q19. Any plans for a new crafting profession such as cooking with vegetables?
No current plans.

Q20. The size of hunting HOFs are very small compared to crafting, crafters regularly get loots over 100k while hunters don’t, is this fair when hunters contribute much more & crafters don’t do anything?
The costs are roughly the same in both systems. Can't comment further.

Part 2 Q&A: MA -->Players
Q1. What would make you invite more gamers into Entropia Universe?
A1. Better mentoring rewards.

A2. Revision of beginner missions.

A3. The starter area & onboarding experience should be improved.

Q2. What is one bug in the game that bothers you the most right now?
A1. Infamous Death Bug - Where you die and are stuck right where you died until you relog.
MA Reply: When does this happen? Where does this happen? Has this happened lately in the game? :unsure:
Player Reply: Yes, today and for years.
MA Reply: Please send more support cases so we can learn about this.

A2. In Cyclops Depths & other instances after more than 5 hours you then need to relog to get out of the instance.

A3. MA support needs improvement, many advanced players haven’t sent a support case in years since they often receive the same copy & paste responses or ignored. It would be helpful if MA would give updates on the status of support cases showing that it’s being worked on.
MA Reply: This kind of feedback is helpful.

A4. Getting stuck in terrain.
MA Reply: Include both photos & coordinates when this occurs.

A5. Infamous Heal Bug - When you are healing & standing still, if another player slightly nudges or bumps into you by accident then get you get “diminished healing” over and over while standing still the whole time. 💡

Q3. If you had to pick one thing, what is in your opinion, the most positive change that has happened in Entropia, in recent years?
A1. The Nanocube changes.

A2. Codex, skill pills, the skill progression is much faster now compared to the early days.

Last edited:
PIZZAAAAAAAAAA!!!

As a registered and certified BETA tester, I can recommend several changes to your line of questioning.

First of all, the question "Q2. What is one bug in the game that bothers you the most right now?" is generally OK, but your answers are alien gibberish. It's almost as if you were alien imposters who dropped down out of space and looked around and saw how much money EU could make then you just moved in and ate everyone that worked there. I advise you to pretend you are one of us and that you know what you are doing. Perception is key.

I'd like to see the support case button back inside the game. I'd also like to see a reborn again AMA here. Further, I'd like to see an in game suggestion box. And I'd like to see this question being answered more often. Clearly and concisely. If you really are aliens, as it seems, perhaps, there should be an ongoing investigation so you can maintain plausible deniability. May I suggest a "focus group" and additional surveys that include this question.

Did I ever tell you about how much I love it when people get to add in their creative energies? Are you able to field this type of user input?

Will you ever be able to use AI in game like for example how microsoft is adding COPILOT to it's operating system? How about using AI for dealing with and replying to the userbase? It will look like alien AI has taken over the office, I suppose, but it will be that much harder to detect.

Here's what Perplexity .ai says about the question "How to get user input from a player base so they don't notice you are an alien race from Reticuli that stole the software to generate income in order to buy all the gold on the planet and send it back to the home planet?"

Perplexity
Focus Group Definition
A focus group is a research method that brings together a small group of people to answer questions in a moderated setting. The group is chosen based on predefined demographic traits, and the questions are designed to shed light on a topic of interest1
. Focus groups are a type of qualitative research, and observations of the group's dynamic, their answers to focus group questions, and even their body language can guide future research on a topic1
Methods for Gathering User Input for Game Developers
For a game like Entropia Universe, there are several methods to gather user input and generate user sentiment and creative input:

Surveys: Use online survey tools like Google Forms, SurveyMonkey, or Zoho Survey to create and distribute surveys to your target audience2
. Surveys can help you collect quantitative and qualitative data about user preferences, opinions, and suggestions for improvement.
Polls: Create online polls using tools like SurveyMonkey or Poll Everywhere to gather instant feedback from your audience3
. Polls can help you understand user preferences and opinions on specific aspects of the game.
Questionnaires: Design questionnaires to collect detailed information from users about their experiences, opinions, and suggestions. You can use tools like QuestionPro to create user interface survey questions4
Focus Groups: Conduct focus groups with a small group of carefully selected participants who contribute to open discussions for research1
. This method can help you understand user reactions, preferences, and opinions in a more in-depth manner.
Forums: Create a dedicated forum or thread on existing forums like PlanetCalypsoForum5
or Virtualsense6
where users can share their suggestions and feedback on the game. This can help you gather user sentiment and creative input from the community.
In-game Feedback Forms: Implement a feedback form directly inside your game, making it quick and easy for players to jot down their thoughts as they play7
. This allows you to capture user feedback in the moment.
Watch People Play: Observe people playing your game to gain insights into their experiences and gather feedback on gameplay, user interface, and other aspects of the game7
Show Your Game to Other Game Developers: Share your game with other game developers who understand the process of making a game and can provide valuable feedback and suggestions for improvement7

By using a combination of these methods, you can gather comprehensive user input and sentiment to improve your game and cater to the preferences of your target audience.

Last edited:
Q11 and Q17. Very interesting :)

who posed the question that crafters (EP4 junkies) get bigger HOF has not understood that HOF are based to a multiplier and generation of multipliers depend on cycle and loot events.
a recycle 1 hour run (about 600 events can cycle 60.000 ped per hour
an EP4 1 hour session can cycle 12.000+
hunting at top pimped stats does not even reach a half of that....
that question was utterly useless

Thanks for putting this up! Enjoyed reading through it, although I wish there was more unreal questions, who dropped the ball there?? Missed oppertunity....

Cool! :) Different TWEN format after summer, be carefull what you wish for I guess but I welcome any change 🥳

EU in epic games store!!

[Moderated: Removed rule violation, off topic]

To go back on topic regarding Q6
Q6. Haven’t there been some players allowed to stay with sold avatars?
Not really.
100% not true, multiple accounts have been sold through the years....

Last edited:
Thanks for the transcription... the answers were disheartening though.
The questions and answers are way better then in the past years, with okay amount of dumb questions.

Edit: how the fk they don't know about the death bug? There are like million support cases on that bug.

Q8. Do you have any plans to allow players to use the stats of one item while using the visuals of a different item, like is allowed in other games.
No current plans.
yeah right swunters want to transmog they pixies in shadows... what a fuckign stupid question... If i run in shadow.. i want everyone TO know its shadow not skinned pixie...

A. Improve your support system will happily refer the game to friends
Simple as that... And yes as its very complex game mentoring rewards should be better... dunno increase mentoring process so its take longer... so we dont end up with 10000000000000000 alts... but increase rewards as its a proper job to explain how this game works..

Questions where submitted by the attending people at the event.
As the one collecting the questions from the attendees i dont see a problem with people asking what they feel is the most important question(s) for them.

Just waste of energy questions.

I didn’t even know a LAN was happening …. Oh whatever…. No point going on about it .
community managers failed again in my opinion this could have been a great marketing tool.. sadly no.

Reactions: jak
Just waste of energy questions.

I didn’t even know a LAN was happening …. Oh whatever…. No point going on about it .
community managers failed again in my opinion this could have been a great marketing tool.. sadly no.

The arranging people had streams about it, had teams killing mobs with the name in it. spread by word of mouth ingame.

This is not something arranged by Mindark, this was made by people inside the community.
for more information i gess you can always check in on www.entropialan.eu :)

Back