MindArk Q&A Session LAN 2023 Summary Transcript

"Not really" need not necessarily mean "No" or "Never happened"...

:dunno:

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

fapping question was dumb, ue5 questions were already answered.
Looting question was dumb.

cool twen is changing.

there’s the sum of it. Can’t have things too organized right?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be so nice to have something like this in the USA. You bet your ass I would save up all year to attend!
I am working on putting together a LAN event in Florida. I know of at least 10 people that live in the area, and its a great place for other people to travel to as a time off with all the theme parks and beaches if you wanted to bring family or something while you play games lol.

Q6. Haven’t there been some players allowed to stay with sold avatars?
Not really.

I can say that Q6 is false, 100%.

100% not true, multiple accounts have been sold through the years....

It has happened as long as I remember, and it is still happening today.

As said before, I'd like MA to take a stance on this,

EITHER:
- make it possible to sell your avatar with: personal info whipe and for instance 20% skill loss (must be more skill loss then when using esi's)

OR
- prohibit it and figure out how to lock sold accounts.

Letting it happen and ignoring it is... imho the same as letting exploits happen and ignoring them.

Loved the rest of the Q&A tho :), now lot's focus on migration!

Anything like this this year ?

Part 2 Q&A: MA -->Players
Q1. What would make you invite more gamers into Entropia Universe?
A1. Delivery of previously promised gameplay features

Q7. Being allowed to fap others in the game devalues other skills, avatars with only 250HP are allowed use a Fapper to kill mobs much higher than his own level and get HOFs meant for other players. Removing that would increase the values of both skills & faps?
No, fapping is a core mechanic of the game, but we can change the content to make it suitable for people with higher skills and gear.
Yeah, let’s just remove one of the most basic social/team mechanics and destroy an entire industry surrounding it. What a crap question, does this guy even Entropia?

Q7. Being allowed to fap others in the game devalues other skills, avatars with only 250HP are allowed use a Fapper to kill mobs much higher than his own level and get HOFs meant for other players. Removing that would increase the values of both skills & faps?
No, fapping is a core mechanic of the game, but we can change the content to make it suitable for people with higher skills and gear.

See, this is one of those classic "Now that I worked hard and climbed the ladder, we need to pull it up so no one else can come up after me" kinds of things that is meant to hold others down. Rude.

Regarding mentoring i mentored 9 people just 2 graduated. i got twice a pair of hunter gaunts value 3 ped. not worth my time.
so i see 2 problems: disciples that are disappointed of game, and quit (time invested with no reward)
and lame reward for time spent to explain (apart the validity of the teacher)
a mentor is probably already owner of a pixie or a vigilante or some mid level gears (viceroy, jaguar, imperium being gaming from a longer time)
so
- reward are worse than owned items
- weapon rewards are superrare and "low end of old school stats"
- referral program needs a "prepayment" to MA (it is a joke ... i pay YOU TO BIRNG YOU CUSTOMERS? referral code should be free and each time an introduced player deposits i should receive 1...3% uniammo as a referral program part.
- retainer program? pay to each avatar each year 2% on the NET BALANCE of his deposits and withdrawals as a "fidelity dividend" (ONCE YOU HAVE WITHDRAW MORE THAN DEPOSITED NOTHING ANYMORE)
these are simple thing that a first year marketing employee could suggest and cancel all player disappointment

A4. Getting stuck in terrain.
MA Reply: Include both photos & coordinates when this occurs.
Getting stuck in the terrain occurs all over the place and getting stuck in the geometry, Buildings ect occurs occasionally also, Particularly at PA mall and other places of high player traffic and item density. Not much can be done about this as it's caused by a combination of factors, But most importantly how the Cryengine2 loads assets into the game environment, Thought this issue dose create some hilarious and frustrating moments, I'm sure Unreal Engine5 wouldn't have many of the same issues that are inherent within the Cryengine2. EU is running under a modified development game engine that is over a decade old and most of the issues found within the Cryengine2 found their way into the EUPDK during its development and obviously most of them have not been fixed.

A3. MA support needs improvement, many advanced players haven’t sent a support case in years since they often receive the same copy & paste responses or ignored. It would be helpful if MA would give updates on the status of support cases showing that it’s being worked on.
MA Reply: This kind of feedback is helpful.
MA could improve their support case submission massively by moving it back in game, adding an option to auto include the last screenshot taken, and some sort of recent state/log that includes time and position data.

However this wouldn't be helpful without a company policy where support have a voice and some clout at the table to see things fixed. Otherwise MA are just paying people for useless platitudes which has often been the status quo.

There's a saying that an informed customer is a happy customer, even if the news isn't good.

It can be exploited too easily.
Easy solution

Base mentoring rewards are as now

A second round of improved mentoring rewards triggers after a mentored player reaches a certain amount of lifetime deposit. whatever mentor they graduate under.

yes that means not every mentorship opportunity will trigger the secondary rewards. however it also provides some balance

Easy solution

Base mentoring rewards are as now

A second round of improved mentoring rewards triggers after a mentored player reaches a certain amount of lifetime deposit. whatever mentor they graduate under.

yes that means not every mentorship opportunity will trigger the secondary rewards. however it also provides some balance
only mentor reward that should exist should be exclusively non-tradeable items, cool clothes and similar.

only mentor reward that should exist should be exclusively non-tradeable items, cool clothes and similar.
that would make it so that only people would do it for the love of the game and to be helpful rather than for direct ped gain, which eliminates a part of why people would exploit it. though to be fair it also cuts down on supply of mentors

Back