Mindark Semi Annual Financials 2013

Facts has been checked! Sensitive information, i dont think so.
This is nothing new and/or secret. This is public information that you can find at www.bolagsverket.se.
"MindArk AB
Orgnr556559-2960
Företagsform AKTIEBOLAG
Ort Göteborg
Län Västra Götalands län
Firma Status Konkurs avslutad"
It doesnt mean anything really, just that they got another name or registrered somewhere else than Sweden.
No need to jump the ship just yet.
Oh yeah forgot to tell you who dont speak Swedish. Konkurs avslutad means Bancrupcy finalised.

Thanks for posting, but can you post link to information? I tried looking for 'mindark' on this website and get nothing....

I said sensitive topic not information ;)

Facts has been checked! Sensitive information, i dont think so.
This is nothing new and/or secret. This is public information that you can find at www.bolagsverket.se.

"Nothing new" is a quite underestimation :) That's Mindark AB, not Mindark PE AB. Mindark AB went through bankruptcy in 2003 and was transformed into Mindark PE AB.

"Nothing new" is a quite underestimation :) That's Mindark AB, not Mindark PE AB. Mindark AB went through bankruptcy in 2003 and was transformed into Mindark PE AB.

Although there are no dates, it must be this ;)

Ah you are correct sir.

I wrote a page of bitching and whining. I deleted it.
I used to deposit a lot, now MindArk needs to give me some reasons to deposit. Spending more time having sex instead of grinding for losses.
Kim|Calypso and Bjorn|MindArk are supposed to talk to us. Instead they remain silent...go figure

Well the fact that withdrawals are now taking 518903513895 business days can't be a good sign... :eyecrazy:

Well, thanks for the hyperbole. You might want to look at a couple things.... and extrapolate those impacts to this game: "impacts of chargebacks", "warranty and timelapses for chargebacks". 3 months is acceptable to anyone who has ever been stung much later with Paypal chargebacks for virtual items.

Well, thanks for the hyperbole. You might want to look at a couple things.... and extrapolate those impacts to this game: "impacts of chargebacks", "warranty and timelapses for chargebacks". 3 months is acceptable to anyone who has ever been stung much later with Paypal chargebacks for virtual items.

The thing is not the 3 month payback; it is that it was used to be 30 days. If MA stated a 90day process time from the beginning no'one would have complained.
It is the mixed message of having to wait longer for your money and the fear that this is due to bad finances that stresses people who have alot of markup ingame.

In another thread Serica stated that EU players are the only playerbase so interested in the financial well being of MA; but that is because many of them have alot of "assets" in game, so they actually hold a part of the universe. If that universe inflates into a big crunch so to speak; people will lose their "investments".

And I can agree to that, if I would hold significant items ingame; I would be kinda worried too. Like when you invested in any company, you would be worried if it did bad.

No sweat
MindArk PE Aktiebolag (publ)
Organisationsnr:556640-4769
Företagsform:AKTIEBOLAG

company info

The thing is not the 3 month payback; it is that it was used to be 30 days. If MA stated a 90day process time from the beginning no'one would have complained.
It is the mixed message of having to wait longer for your money and the fear that this is due to bad finances that stresses people who have alot of markup ingame.

In another thread Serica stated that EU players are the only playerbase so interested in the financial well being of MA; but that is because many of them have alot of "assets" in game, so they actually hold a part of the universe. If that universe inflates into a big crunch so to speak; people will lose their "investments".

And I can agree to that, if I would hold significant items ingame; I would be kinda worried too. Like when you invested in any company, you would be worried if it did bad.

What he said. :wise:

Lets say that Mr X and Mr Y and Mr Z own MA. Now MA makes 10 millions USD this month. Than it pays 5 millions to Mr X, 5 to Mr Y and 2 to Mr Z. Now in the ballans it will show as in + 10, out -12, total loss of 2 million dollars. So is that mean the company is doing bad. Or just some accounting stuff. Meybe the will never go on profit and still run the game for te next 50-100 years.
And if banks are behind the game maybe their goal is not the profit, but the virtual curency. Waiting for the next era of virtual money to begin.

Companies paying their owners, that is called dividends, and that is only possible when you have a positive equity. To maintain a positive equity, you need profits.

Only other way, would be through salaries, but that *should* be listed in the financial statements.

A company is only as good as its management, how would you rate the state of that as a paying customer? Are they effective at communication and deadlines? Are policies adhered to consistently? Is the community of the product in general happy? Have they had any outstanding legal issues in recent years? judgements against them? assets with significant loss in value?

These are the factors that determine the real future of a company, anyone can move numbers around on paper, or fall into/out of a trend. Sadly, MA fails on all points. Which is why I no longer support the company with deposits.

Most of oldschool players left already, and newcomers don't know/ remeber how it used to be:

1. MA used to have profit in finacials
2. Numbers of players used to be growing ( CND boom etc, that used to be growth ! )
3. Withdrawals used to be on your account within 10 days not 90 days as it is now.
4. There were ATH's in each profession every weekend
5. MM and IMK2 were certain moneymakers ( on very begining even in TT count )
6. Bugs makes playerbase laugh and play with rather than iritate
7. Support used to help participants sometimes personally rather than copypasting same answer to few cases in a row
8. With growing playerbase skils and gear were rising in value
9....and so on

Basicaly MA is failing at most important thing company exist for - making profit. As such it has problems with gaining capital not only for growth and investments (CE2 must have been last worth mentioning ) but for basic operations and stuff salaries.

I am 100 % sure MA can't get money from any bank via credit with such financial results. Therefore stuff is minimised ,and lack of comunication, poor support, failed promises and bugs are only result of that. There is no problem in such company like MA money couldn't solve :) No money = lot of problems

CLD's were great idea to get 6 M $ banks were affraid to loan, but those money are running out. Last years losses + already paid dividend on CLD's will force MA to think out something crazy new or close.

/mod note/

I'm getting a bit tired of new threads being created over and over about the same issues, because someone finally got around to reading something, and doesn't check if there is an existing forum thread.

The latest MindArk financials were released in September 2013. I'll be merging all the threads I can find on them.

Last edited:
Most of oldschool players left already, and newcomers don't know/ remeber how it used to be:

The profits of the earlier days and the lose of the last years is a bit artificial. Before 2010 they used to convert some of their development expenditures for the EU platform to intangible assets and by that way improving the profit. When they stopped doing this at 2009 the EU platform had a value of 24,8 MSEK in the balance sheet. This value have and will be depreciated over the years of 2010-2014 with about 5MSEK/year. So the earlier years was not so good as they looked, and the later years are not so bad as they look.

2. Numbers of players used to be growing ( CND boom etc, that used to be growth ! )
3. Withdrawals used to be on your account within 10 days not 90 days as it is now.
4. There were ATH's in each profession every weekend
5. MM and IMK2 were certain moneymakers ( on very begining even in TT count )
6. Bugs makes playerbase laugh and play with rather than iritate
7. Support used to help participants sometimes personally rather than copypasting same answer to few cases in a row
8. With growing playerbase skils and gear were rising in value
9....and so on

Basicaly MA is failing at most important thing company exist for - making profit. As such it has problems with gaining capital not only for growth and investments (CE2 must have been last worth mentioning ) but for basic operations and stuff salaries.

I am 100 % sure MA can't get money from any bank via credit with such financial results. Therefore stuff is minimised ,and lack of comunication, poor support, failed promises and bugs are only result of that. There is no problem in such company like MA money couldn't solve :) No money = lot of problems

CLD's were great idea to get 6 M $ banks were affraid to loan, but those money are running out. Last years losses + already paid dividend on CLD's will force MA to think out something crazy new or close.

I dunno about 1) but I concur with everything else shoti said here.

I remember that bug where you could /sit and /autorun at the same time and your character would slide. LOL. My favorite bug ever. Feels like the great depression of EU right now (and I'm not just talking about the economy)

I dunno about 1) but I concur with everything else shoti said here.

I remember that bug where you could /sit and /autorun at the same time and your character would slide. LOL. My favorite bug ever. Feels like the great depression of EU right now (and I'm not just talking about the economy)

I feel sometimes there is only one guy at a desk at MA trying to do everything himself. Even the front page of this forum is still showing Merry Mayhem as its current event in February 2014. We have had no communication from MA nor the Calypso dev team other than a brief comment weeks ago about a state of the EU address that never appeared. Silence from MA is nothing new, I just hope they get their shit together this year.

Back