MindArk should take control of Entropia economy

You cant profit the same with cheap gear and expensive gear.
correct, in fact, cheap gear makes it nearly imposible to profit with hutning, you need alot of knowledge to comepensate
But you still can find ways to profit even with cheaper equipement.
nearly imposible, the reason UL gear is worth that much, is becouse L gear is horrible, it is uncompetitive
Better have 1 player buy 20k$ gun than having 500 players at 20$ a pop. Thats how whaling works in RCE.
it will be your job to explain why games that have microtrasactions are so successfull
it will also be your job to exlain, when a microtrasaction offers a huge boost to somebodys power, why the majority of players create an uproar

imbalance of power, that is bought with money, is frowned upon in any game, becouse it displays the oposite of skill
but becouse this is an RCE, you expect people to be ok with beeing put into a position of loss by default, untill they make a huge investment
could you explain to me, if creating an account in entropia requiered 500$, why that would be a good/bad idea ?

I find this whole conversation redundant. Entropia is a niche market game. The value of a weapon is what a player is prepared to pay for it. They will pay this price because they believe it will give them an advantage in the game. This is really only useful to dedicated players who are here for the RCE. No casual player would ever get the benefits of an expensive weapon because a. they dont play enough and b. they would not know how to eek a profit out of any small advantage the weapon gave them. I play daily 4 - 5 hours and I could not justify an expensive weapon. I try to get my missing 4-8 % from players by doing other things that any player can do. You have to have knowledge and pay attention. As an example over the last week the MU on Robot Weapon Grip has been high, prossibly due to the manufacturing of Armatrix weapons for Mayhem. I spent a lot of the last 7 days hunting Troopers just for this reason. This wont last so I am always on the look out for the next item where the MU has gone up, either raw materials or manufactured items. It changes constantly and unless you are paying attention all the time, the gun you have wont make a blind bit of difference to your ability to get back your missing MU

nearly imposible, the reason UL gear is worth that much, is becouse L gear is horrible, it is uncompetitive
Exactly. You need to fix the shitty UL meta. But, unfortunately, it justifies the prices rn.

it will be your job to explain why games that have microtrasactions are so successfull
Because whales exist. Not because they sell a lot to small players. Do your research.

but becouse this is an RCE, you expect people to be ok with beeing put into a position of loss by default, untill they make a huge investment
Yes. Time or money. Or both.

could you explain to me, if creating an account in entropia requiered 500$, why that would be a good/bad idea ?
Bad. All tho the game profits the most from 1 group of players it requires from all of them in order to function.
And before you ask, yes, its discriminatory. But thats the nature of RCE. Dont like it? Play something else.

There are cheap UL alternatives like MF and melee, not super high efficiency, buy you can make it a little better with amps and other gear.

same of all weapon lv 100 with 5-50 efficiency. 2-50 dps lol. better way are mission upgrade for the circle of economy. The only way for a world efficient are armor weapon... crafted = mining utility ATK craft and mining are DEAD since some years and hunter using stuff can sell at good MU loot same of mining. Craft are too fast and too much CLICK need to change it totaly

Maybe not only MA should, but we should: look more at new entry to the game after 20 years of 'advances' with skills and the professions overall?

Briefly reading the OP, my impression is wanting to get to good stats stuff too fast in the overall scheme of things.

But what should player expectations be from various styles ranging from 'free to play' all the way to 'buy myself to uber' options?

My take is that armatrix is a good line in player hands of craftmanship, whilst skinning etc. is the MA side of higher costs whilst growing an avatar.
Should MA reevaluate the taking of peds per hour at various turnovers in various professions, in return for mu-giving elements? That is the crux for me. I no longer loot ESIs, for example, so I don't even know what level I need to be at with what setup in order to get at that mu. What chance does a new player have of feeling good about progressing = staying with the game?

Last edited:
this game is 20 years old.

i kinda agree that some things could be better. but what they adressed for EU5 is changes in weapons and if i'm not mistaken they gonna remove some items of the loot ( aka TT food ).

also thinking as a relative new player you will hit lvl 100+ in a couple of months with dropping woohping 10 bucks a month. ( progession is relative )
Maybe ask those Ubers how much they pumped in this game , and yes there are people making profit but there's also tons that dont blink an eye that drop 5k dollar a month just for the hell of it.

as far as to expensive goes, its all relative. for one its 1k ped for the other 100k ped.

either your playstile doesnt fit your bankrole or your bankrole doesnt fit your playstile. eather way take a look at that, EU is a marathon not a sprint ( hate to say it again , this is not WoW ) .

As you mentioned, not entirely, and very little control to be precise. Summer Ring 2020 is a good example, it’s the most common seasonal ring ever with more than 200 dropped, yet the price of it hasn’t gone down hell! And while I consider 18k reasonable price, a lot would still find it expensive, needless to say not many would sell at this price, I still see people asking 25k for it and I believe most of those rings are sitting in resellers inventory.
Yes it has gone down. You don’t pay attention to the economy. Which is okay. Not everyone does. But please understand the economy before making suggestions of things you have zero understanding of.

Keep in mind that this ring actually had a pricetag close to 70k for quite some time ☺️
I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the info, I usually check Auction history and there there was only one that sold for 45k, but it was normal for rings to go for crazy prices when they first drop and stabilise shortly after.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the info, I usually check Auction history and there there was only one that sold for 45k, but it was normal for rings to go for crazy prices when they first drop and stabilise shortly after.

Most of these sales was done privately and on forum - Example:

Not quite 70K - But didn't wanna search around to much :)

As for your hypothetical newcomer who says, "Most of us just want to login, shoot things for an hour or so and logout, we’re just looking for fun! And those who say, study, research experiment, etc. well, I graduated school long time ago and not interested to get back! If I have to study and do all these boring activities, I’d rather invest my time and money in an online course learning new skills which would certainly yield better results in RL," I think we should try first to nudge them away from this mindset, but if that is sadly impossible, we should straightforwardly admit to them that they may not be a good fit for Entropia. This does not apply to your point about playing Entropia for profit VS entertainment; it is entirely the individual's prerogative where they lie on that spectrum, but in any case, one thing absolutely essential to positive engagement with Entropia is a growth mindset, and if someone is ideologically opposed to cultivating that, there are literally thousands of games available whose vision would serve them better than Entropia's, and to try to obfuscate this fact from them would seem cruel. No product is a good fit for absolutely every potential customer.

Well said and nicely presented response.

In regards to the above, I agree that there are thousands of games to choose from, but nothing even compare to this! yea game play itself is nothing special, but the combination of multiple planets, space (even though it's useless, for now) and the beautiful landscape is truly amazing and nothing come even close.

In regards to "No product is good fit for every potential customer" I agree on that, but it seems the potential customers here are really small! and it doesn't seem that MA are doing much to increase it, I wish I'm wrong.

I do see great potential for Entropia Universe in the VR segment and I honestly think that it should be the dominating world in that area which could potentially bring more players to the Game. I don't see any mention of VR in the Dev Blog released on 10 May 2022, but I hope it's something on the pipeline. I am not a big fan of VR goggles, but I would certainly buy one to explore Entropia landscapes with it.

Main appeal of RCE is money.
Less money involved, less appeal.

If you want to play MMO you have plenty of options. Dont need to turn this game into another one.

If you cant profit now, you wont profit when all weapons go down either. Thats because you are losing not to a system, but vs other players.
If you accept the loss and just want to lose less, scale down in gear. There are options for everybody.

quick correction, I don't remember mentioning that I wanted to profit! I specifically said "not everyone here want to make profit", and I am aware that I'm losing to other players, which I don't mind, at the end of the day, those players who invested heavily in the game deserve to profit.

Most of these sales was done privately and on forum - Example:

Not quite 70K - But didn't wanna search around to much :)
no need for further research and thanks for finding the sale post 🙂, I have no doubt that it'd of sold at that price.

My take is that armatrix is a good line in player hands of craftmanship, whilst skinning etc. is the MA side of higher costs whilst growing an avatar.
Should MA reevaluate the taking of peds per hour at various turnovers in various professions, in return for mu-giving elements? That is the crux for me. I no longer loot ESIs, for example, so I don't even know what level I need to be at with what setup in order to get at that mu. What chance does a new player have of feeling good about progressing = staying with the game?

While I got optimistic when I saw the ArMatrix line thinking great, now these can be crafted they'll get cheaper with time and be available, but that didn't happen! The MU on them is high "which is understandable" , and sometimes no stock! and just like you, I grab ArMatrix setup and chase MU and hardly loot any to justify the MU cost.

AS for new players, probably no chance to feel any progress or have a goal to achieve, unless of course that new player joined the game knowing what they're getting into.

Go back 15 years or more, the pound against the dollar was a lot stronger back then and your PEDS did go a lot further... but we all had to adapt, play smarter and invest in the gear you mention or what we could afford. It can take years to get back your investment with lots of hard graft. Why are items are so expensive today... because they are worth it imo.

While I got optimistic when I saw the ArMatrix line thinking great, now these can be crafted they'll get cheaper with time and be available, but that didn't happen! The MU on them is high "which is understandable" , and sometimes no stock! and just like you, I grab ArMatrix setup and chase MU and hardly loot any to justify the MU cost.

AS for new players, probably no chance to feel any progress or have a goal to achieve, unless of course that new player joined the game knowing what they're getting into.
Its because people rushing everything. They are willing to risk their money on something they didnt put an effort to learn. This is RCE. Information, in here, worth as much as a good equipement. And you can have it for free or very cheap. Most dont even bother. And those who do, are doing much better, than those who dont.

P.S. i also love the landsscape (but not the navigation).

MA is already taking steps to reduce the premium of these rare items by gradually increasing the supply of them in a way that won't make the current owners livid.

But if they make UL guns too common, it collapses the Limited market. Unless they want to completely reimagine how weapons are integrated into the crafting profession, it can only go so far.

If we all had UL guns then there would need to be some other item to strive for. and then we'd all want that.

best just not to get too hung up on what you can't reach. or work towards it over time.

Back