MindArk should take control of Entropia economy

Majid63

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Majid AMG 63
Allow me to explain, I should warn you though, this is a loooong read 😁

There’s no denying that weapons are way too expensive in this Game, while few would disagree for obvious reasons, it remains a fact! And that’s the main issue, other MMO Games make it very easy and affordable to get the main tool to play the game, but here, it’s the exact opposite! The tool to play the Game costs way too much.

Based on current market, here’s the experience that the majority of new players go through when joining (and my experience indeed)

Once the avatar creation process is over, and you get to calypso gate or training grounds I can’t remember, you get fascinated by the detailing around you! Everything looks great, the tutorials are enjoyable, and you notice other new players running around which makes it feel lively (not so much now ☹)

Once out of the training grounds, Calypso is amazing, beautiful and massive with so many places to see and visit and you get to meet interesting people. However, this enjoyment is short lived, once you do all the missions and get ready to hunt bigger mobs, you shop around for weapons and you get hit with the hard reality, the prices of the weapons!

At this point, new players can’t move beyond the fact that this game requires too much money to play! No matter how hard some people try to sell it, new players will not see a reason to spend too much money in a game they played for few hours! People are more likely to spend money once they played a game for a while, but not at the start.

Things even get worse as they speak to other players for advice and learn about high efficiency weapons, so they check the auction for those and get shocked by the outrageous prices, here are examples of what they see,

Mayhem Azuro Adjusted – 5k

Opalo Twen – 5k

Mayhem LR-20 Adjusted – 15k

ArMatrix SB-10, Fen – 15k

ArMatrix SB-10, TWEN – 30k

ArMatrix BP-20, Fen – 25k

ArMatrix BP-20, TWEN – 50k!!!!

Looking at the above prices, how do we expect new players to stick around! And to make matters worse, price isn’t the only issue, there are only handful of these in-game which fuels the disappointment. These 2 factors not only drive most players away, it’s even hard to have an objective in this game! It seems to me that the only objective I hear about here is, get Uber gear, hunt for MU and make profit! Not everyone joining this Game want to make profit! Most of us just want to login, shoot things for an hour or so and logout, we’re just looking for fun! And those who say, study, research experiment, etc. well, I graduated school long time ago and not interested to get back! If I have to study and do all these boring activities, I’d rather invest my time and money in an online course learning new skills which would certainly yield better results in RL…

I know people will say that I’m complaining, but I’m not, I actually wanted to suggest something that have the potential to bring more players, give new players and existing players like myself an Objective to pursue.

I am aware that MA won’t listen, but I am interested to know what you guys think

When I said in the title that MA should take control of Entropia economy, I was referring mainly to weapons from Level 0 to Level 50, this could be easily done by utilizing old weapons which are becoming obsolete, and certainly made many owners of those items quit or go inactive!

What I am suggesting, MA introducing a new Planet related Token, let’s call it Calypso Token. This can be looted from any creature (yes including Punies) with decent drop rates to keep players engaged. But alongside this Token, there should be another Token introduced in the Webshop, let’s call it Entropia Platinum Token, this token could be priced at $10 and be limited to one Token per account per week, both of these tokens should be account bound to cut resellers out completely.

To use those tokens, MA would need to obviously introduce a vendor that sells old weapons, and here’s how it works, let’s use Isis HL-8 as an example since I like it 😊

The cost to buy Isis HL-8 base weapon is – 1 Entropia Platinum Token + 5k Calypso Token + TT value of item (surely MA need to adjust the Max TT value and decay for those old items, not DPP, for now)

Of course, you’re now wondering what’s the point? No one will buy these old weapons! Of course, no one would if that’s the only thing they can do, but adding the ability to upgrade these weapons to perfected level from the same vendor will surely attract a lot of people, so to keep people hooked, we can have the following upgrades

• Isis HL-8 Adjusted
    • Cost: 2 Entropia Platinum Token + 5k Calypso Token + Full TT Isis HL-8
    • Stats: Efficiency: 70% - 74.9%, with better DPP and DPS (increasing fire rate by 3)
  • Isis HL-8 Improved
    • Cost: 3 Entropia Platinum Token + 5k Calypso Token + Full TT Isis HL-8 Adjusted
    • Stats: Efficiency: 75% - 79.9%, with better DPP and DPS (increasing fire rate by 3)
  • Isis HL-8 Modified
    • Cost: 4 Entropia Platinum Token + 5k Calypso Token + Full TT Isis HL-8 Improved
    • Stats: Efficiency: 80% - 84.9%, with better DPP and DPS (increasing fire rate by 3)
  • Isis HL-8 Augmented
    • Cost: 5 Entropia Platinum Token + 5k Calypso Token + Full TT Isis HL-8 Modified
    • Stats: Efficiency: 85% - 89.9%, with better DPP and DPS (increasing fire rate by 3)
  • Isis HL-8 Perfected
    • Cost: 6 Entropia Platinum Token + 5k Calypso Token + Full TT Isis HL-8 Augmented
    • Stats: Efficiency: 90% - 95%, with better DPP and DPS (increasing fire rate by 3)
I believe those weapons should be unlimited in quantity, yes, I mean that as this will not impact MA whatsoever, if anything, it should bring them more money and new revenue stream, and will help new players set an objective, and most importantly, be guaranteed they can achieve it.

I thought of possible questions that people might ask and I will list them with answers,
  • If vendor is always stocked, current owners will lose their item’s value?
    • Not at all, remember that many people, for some reason, like to chase discovery HOFs, so I am certain the prices of those existing weapons will rocket in the first month or so as people will race to be the first to pull each upgrade! If current owners actually sell them knowing that they can upgrade them.
  • Why limit Entropia Platinum Token?
    • If this is offered at unlimited amount, players wouldn’t have a reason to buy these unless they need them, but if they’re limited, I know that I would buy one every week even if I take a break of the game just so when I return, I have enough tokens to buy and upgrade the weapon I want. This means steady income stream for MA.
  • But hey, once I buy a weapon, I cannot sell it as players can just buy from vendor?
    • Not really, there will still be players who will surely buy whatever version you have to take a shortcut, remember, they need a total of 21 weeks just to buy enough tokens to upgrade to perfected, and surely even Ubers will want to buy them for those dry days or fun and save the limited tokens for something better. And of course, I don’t need to mention why players would buy a tiered version!
Now the above format should only apply to weapons up to level 50, and to make sure we don’t piss off our beloved Top Hunters 😉, everything should be kept the same for them with a slight adjustment, a separate Vendor, to feel the VIP treatment 😁, with upgrade only options for high end old weapons like Isis HL-18, Herman CAP-50 Smuggler, Isis BL1800, Isis BL1950 and so on… Mayhem and anniversary events vendors should only offer level 50+ weapons, and attachments for us of course should we, the casuals, get lucky and loot a rare 😂

The above approach will change players' behaviours dramatically, in the current economy, I would wait to become rich in real life, which could take 1,2,6,10 years who knows! In the meantime, I will deposit casually, hunt punies, and never refer anyone to the game, yes I tried but people weren’t interested when they heard about the prices!

But with the above suggested approach, I will have an objective to pursue, I will certainly be buying that token every week, increase my deposits to $100/month, and actively refer people!

Bottom line is, MA needs to create steady income streams, taking a cut of Loot pool is not what I call sustainable! I don’t mind if I have to buy a token from the Webshop where I Know the money will go entirely to MA, and it really shouldn’t be added to loot pool! As a matter of fact, I’d love to know that I am directly supporting them by buying this Token, the more profit MA turns, surely the better the experience we will get, and hopefully enough budget for them to spend on advertisement! And most importantly, the survival of this game.

Thank you for your time and apologies for the long read, but I would appreciate your thoughts even if MA wouldn’t listen 😊

I'm not reading all this. BUT Mindark does control the markets(sort of, but not entirely), they can control how much of each item comes into the game as well as resources.

Bottom line is, MA needs to create steady income streams, taking a cut of Loot pool is not what I call sustainable!

Interesting proposal and well presented argument. However a little shocked when I got to the end with what you said above.

However you can do something similar to what you mention and that is competing in Mayhems and collecting the tokens to pull a lower end weapons up to level 50 as well as once get get above level 50? I haven't checked mayhem vendor but surely there must be weapons at lower end. The only difference between your idea and what MA already have in game is the question of rare tokens. I guess MA put that in there to get you to work hard and not make it too easy i.e. buying token from webshop as you suggest :)

Another one of these threads…

There’s plenty of options for all budgets and bankrolls. It seems like you just want the good, high efficiency weapons for cheaper. Unfortunately better items cost more money. The irony is 2.0 weapons are as cheap as they have ever been lol.
I like ideas of being able to have upgrade missions for some older obsolete weapons, but the stats increase would have to reflect fairly on the time and cost of doing it. Maybe make them soulbound for balancing. I don’t have a problem with soulbound items, although many dislike the concept. A nice mid level soulbound weapon to go with my viceroy would be a nice carrot. But its stats shouldn’t be OP.

There’s no denying that weapons are way too expensive in this Game, while few would disagree for obvious reasons, it remains a fact! And that’s the main issue, other MMO Games make it very easy and affordable to get the main tool to play the game, but here, it’s the exact opposite! The tool to play the Game costs way too much.
Here is source of flawed logic.
EU is Real Cash Economy Game, not some MMO, where you pay for game and not for every activity.
Here you pay for everything, and your access to items cost as well, both in terms of skills needed and player imposed markup.

I did not read any further.

The idea could work - I would however not like to see a decent dps weapon with 95EFF to be some people could just get without much effort.

Up to 80EFF and maybe make them soulbound, else you will see alot if new accounts with strange sounding names created to get these weapons without shooting a single shot.

Hello.

I read through that entire post.

(n)

Please submit your apology in PED.

You give it the title "MindArk should take control of Entropia economy" and then go full rant mode exclusively over sticker shock that nooblets feel when they encounter UL weapon prices for the first time. But you don't stop there. You then take it over the edge by suggesting this elaborate token-based monstrosity to "fix" the problem "without pissing off our beloved Top Hunters".

:poop:

Apology. PED. No silver coins either.

I'm not at all fond of this token idea of yours either. IMO, there's already too many damned tokens in the world to be adding another.

:mad:

As for the cost of UL weapons? Dare I say...calculate the cost that goes into acquiring one instead of buying it from someone else. The whole cost. Decay, weapons, net ammo used, armor, nutrio if run a pet for buffs, heals, and most importantly, time spent. It is the reason why a Dhampyre pet can be as expensive as they are. I can speak from personal experience on this because I woke up and tamed the one that I have. When you burn through a dozen rifles & spend the ammo killing off ten thousand of those werewolves in the span of five days and then feed her about 6k Nutrio to keep her happy while she grows to level 7, you will understand the expense of things too...and not just where it pertains to UL weapons.

:cool:

And so...

Apology. PED. No silver coins either. In fact, just give me your PED card and I'll give it back when I'm done. :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I'm not reading all this. BUT Mindark does control the markets(sort of, but not entirely), they can control how much of each item comes into the game as well as resources.
As you mentioned, not entirely, and very little control to be precise. Summer Ring 2020 is a good example, it’s the most common seasonal ring ever with more than 200 dropped, yet the price of it hasn’t gone down hell! And while I consider 18k reasonable price, a lot would still find it expensive, needless to say not many would sell at this price, I still see people asking 25k for it and I believe most of those rings are sitting in resellers inventory.

As you mentioned, not entirely, and very little control to be precise. Summer Ring 2020 is a good example, it’s the most common seasonal ring ever with more than 200 dropped, yet the price of it hasn’t gone down hell! And while I consider 18k reasonable price, a lot would still find it expensive, needless to say not many would sell at this price, I still see people asking 25k for it and I believe most of those rings are sitting in resellers inventory.

Keep in mind that this ring actually had a pricetag close to 70k for quite some time ☺️

Interesting proposal and well presented argument. However a little shocked when I got to the end with what you said above.

However you can do something similar to what you mention and that is competing in Mayhems and collecting the tokens to pull a lower end weapons up to level 50 as well as once get get above level 50? I haven't checked mayhem vendor but surely there must be weapons at lower end. The only difference between your idea and what MA already have in game is the question of rare tokens. I guess MA put that in there to get you to work hard and not make it too easy i.e. buying token from webshop as you suggest :)
Yes, the idea I presented is not new for sure, the system already exists, I’m just suggesting another approach. And yes there are weapons below lvl50 indeed, but not good enough selection.

The rare token is the issue, it’s hard for me to set and objective when the results are unknown! It’s pure luck to get a rare and who knows how long it’ll take! To me this is not work hard to get it, it’s more like see if you get lucky. That’s my issue with current system for players with limited time.

As you've correctly titled the thread, this proposal involves MindArk exerting quite a bit of added control over Entropia's economic affairs, everything from more untradeable items, to webshop paywalls, to manipulating the rate at which Entropia Platinum Tokens are available, and so on. These sorts of intrusions into the Entropian's sphere of agency inflict heavy vision-alignment costs on Entropia as a whole, as they run contrary to the fundamental value proposition of the Entropia concept, which is committed to a decentralized economy and the free exploration and orientation of the Entropian toward cultivating his or her own user experience.

The issue with this suggestion is that nearly identical benefit could be attained by MindArk just dropping more copies of items, without any of the costs to our broader vision. That's really the right answer here. Greater circulating supply does have a price-lowering effect in the long run. Pointing to one (or a few) item's Market Value doesn't negate this principle. And if we focus our models on circulating supply rather than total supply (which is what affects price anyhow), we don't have to try to figure out what items resellers are holding (with some edge case exceptions).

As for your hypothetical newcomer who says, "Most of us just want to login, shoot things for an hour or so and logout, we’re just looking for fun! And those who say, study, research experiment, etc. well, I graduated school long time ago and not interested to get back! If I have to study and do all these boring activities, I’d rather invest my time and money in an online course learning new skills which would certainly yield better results in RL," I think we should try first to nudge them away from this mindset, but if that is sadly impossible, we should straightforwardly admit to them that they may not be a good fit for Entropia. This does not apply to your point about playing Entropia for profit VS entertainment; it is entirely the individual's prerogative where they lie on that spectrum, but in any case, one thing absolutely essential to positive engagement with Entropia is a growth mindset, and if someone is ideologically opposed to cultivating that, there are literally thousands of games available whose vision would serve them better than Entropia's, and to try to obfuscate this fact from them would seem cruel. No product is a good fit for absolutely every potential customer.

Rubbish as usual, open eyes, buy cheap 1.0 weapon and grind/level up , if you like the game invest further in your avatar, if not sell n uninstall. Last i checked there is bulk weapons and ample mobs to keep all the boreas plebs busy for decades, if your bored of them open the wallet and setup your macro like the rest of us instead of waiting for the easy way in.

Ma set the prices these guns by vendor stock and token drop rate with maybe some markup done by the player.

If they allowed such scheme you suggested what would happen to the mark up which is none existent anyways for hunting especially lower levels as everyone has already got twen gear / hand me down gear.

Little low down ma wouldn't need a steady revenue stream if they didn't sell it as shares for quick cash boosts for vanity projects / alternative forms revenue which ultimately failed.

I am totally out of this reasoning or OP situation.

I did not even attempt any mayhems until 10 years in where I thought I could even compete and a goal I worked towards and then felt very accomplished when I could finally.

So, your issue flies over my head and seems entitled as a player and issue..I am sorry for your problem. ( is easy these days )

In my opinion you have zero idea to what early players tried and achieved properly.

Carry on and Good Luck

The rares are a huge bottleneck. Im lvl 50 and would have enough reg tokens to buy a wep but never looted a single rare, so my tokens have been going towards PED.

Here is source of flawed logic.
EU is Real Cash Economy Game, not some MMO, where you pay for game and not for every activity.
Here you pay for everything, and your access to items cost as well, both in terms of skills needed and player imposed markup.

I did not read any further.
Why do people get defensive when we call EU MMO game is beyond me? The fact that me and you have different views of the game doesn’t make my logic flawed!

If anything, you would benefit from that, if I look at this as a game, and don’t care about the RCE side of it, this means I’m prepared to lose money to keep playing, which should naturally mean you profiting more.

Another one of these threads…

There’s plenty of options for all budgets and bankrolls. It seems like you just want the good, high efficiency weapons for cheaper. Unfortunately better items cost more money. The irony is 2.0 weapons are as cheap as they have ever been lol.
I like ideas of being able to have upgrade missions for some older obsolete weapons, but the stats increase would have to reflect fairly on the time and cost of doing it. Maybe make them soulbound for balancing. I don’t have a problem with soulbound items, although many dislike the concept. A nice mid level soulbound weapon to go with my viceroy would be a nice carrot. But its stats shouldn’t be OP.
Maybe there’s a reason these keep popping up 😉

Not just cheaper, but easier to obtain as well. Take the example I put on my OP with a grain of salt, I am not looking for overly powered stats, I just want to see accessible gear with good Efficiency for the casual players like myself that will at least allow my PEDs to last longer.

I am like you, totally onboard with Account Bound items, but I know that a lot of players here are opposed the idea, Mod Viceroy is good example of how things went.

Maybe there’s a reason these keep popping up 😉

Not just cheaper, but easier to obtain as well. Take the example I put on my OP with a grain of salt, I am not looking for overly powered stats, I just want to see accessible gear with good Efficiency for the casual players like myself that will at least allow my PEDs to last longer.

I am like you, totally onboard with Account Bound items, but I know that a lot of players here are opposed the idea, Mod Viceroy is good example of how things went.

Items with good efficiency are not supposed to come easy.

Main appeal of RCE is money.
Less money involved, less appeal.

If you want to play MMO you have plenty of options. Dont need to turn this game into another one.

If you cant profit now, you wont profit when all weapons go down either. Thats because you are losing not to a system, but vs other players.
If you accept the loss and just want to lose less, scale down in gear. There are options for everybody.

There are more options these days than ever to get initial starter weaps for a mission chain, bukins rifle and the sword from ancient greece on NI can keep people going through early ranks. The daily mission token guns on calypso are a nice way to get higher guns on a budget, Cyrene also has stuff for mission tokens you can get doing daily sweat quest and other dailies.

Low mid range UL there are more options these days, the UL akadian blades, ul MF chips, xentech x2 and x3, adj military, and the adj rifle on caly at higher price point.

A lot of limited weaps now for 55+ efficiency are hardly any mark up in most cases.

Armatrix better efficiency but some more mark up, alternativly craft own if able.

Back at start of all this you would cry at the efficiencies we used :D. Opalo +A106 was the king lol.

If you cant profit now, you wont profit when all weapons go down either. Thats because you are losing not to a system, but vs other players.
If you accept the loss and just want to lose less, scale down in gear. There are options for everybody.
how big of a diffrence in TT returns is there between 60 eff and 90 eff weapon, and how big of a diffrence do you suspect will exist on a 3 eco vs 3.8 eco weapon

how big of a diffrence in TT returns is there between 60 eff and 90 eff weapon, and how big of a diffrence do you suspect will exist on a 3 eco vs 3.8 eco weapon

Why do people get defensive when we call EU MMO game is beyond me? The fact that me and you have different views of the game doesn’t make my logic flawed!

If anything, you would benefit from that, if I look at this as a game, and don’t care about the RCE side of it, this means I’m prepared to lose money to keep playing, which should naturally mean you profiting more.
Of course EU is MMO, but you missing the point.
You just can't compare RCE MMO to just another MMO. Apples and oranges.

There you said it, you don't care about RCE... then why you want to play EU?
RCE is thing that drew most of us here.
Plenty better MMOs without RCE aspect, why not play them instead trying to change EU?

Who cares how big is the difference between good/bad gear if you are not willing to compete with others on a gearing race. Be it at 20$ or 20k$. Its the same for everybody.
If the only solution for you is BiS gear at 20$ a piece, then whats the point of RCE? What should people dream about? A 20 buck gun?

Last edited:
your first comment was about skill makes the diffrence, thats why you said, if you cant profit now with shit, you cant profit later with something good

your second comment is about gear, confessing in some sense, the diffrence between profit and loss is in the gear

and then you conclude, the good gear, should be put really far away from new players, so they can always chase the dream of profit, while youre selling them the lie, that the reason they are currently failing is not becouse they lack the gear, but becouse they lack the skill

based on playernumbers in EU, this is working out really great (this is sarcasm, i know some people on these forums dont understand humor)

your first comment was about skill makes the diffrence, thats why you said, if you cant profit now with shit, you cant profit later with something good

your second comment is about gear, confessing in some sense, the diffrence between profit and loss is in the gear

and then you conclude, the good gear, should be put really far away from new players, so they can always chase the dream of profit, while youre selling them the lie, that the reason they are currently failing is not becouse they lack the gear, but becouse they lack the skill

based on playernumbers in EU, this is working out really great (this is sarcasm, i know some people on these forums dont understand humor)
You cant profit the same with cheap gear and expensive gear. Thats the whole point of different price tags. And doesnt matter from where to where it ranges. From 20$ to 50$ or from 20k$ to 50k$. But you still can find ways to profit even with cheaper equipement. How much? You get what you pay for.

Yes. Good gear should be far away from new players in a game where people skill in a way that entropia works.

Better have 1 player buy 20k$ gun than having 500 players at 20$ a pop. Thats how whaling works in RCE.

Back