News: MindArk Signs Deal for Unreal Engine 5 - PRNewswire

This is incorrect actually. UE5's major thing is how efficient it will be able to push out "good looking" graphics.

I promise you a potato will still be able to play entropia as long as MA has an ability in programming/coding/design/ etc.

This is not what I've seen from multiple reviewers. Granted, they are mostly AAA games.

Couple more nice looking resources MA may want to consider...

Forest Environment

Rainforest Environment

About the most realistic Unreal Engine 5 scenes I've seen yet, but will prob have to add an extra gfx card come the time.

Some extremely interesting news about Unreal Engine 5 as a development tool.

So many great changes, watch around minute 6:35 to 7 if you want a quick view of what Mindark and Entropia will be able to do with this amazing game engine.

Some extremely interesting news about Unreal Engine 5 as a development tool.

So many great changes, watch around minute 6:35 to 7 if you want a quick view of what Mindark and Entropia will be able to do with this amazing game engine.
If U see crisis 1 and cryengine 2 that this game have, U will understand what could be done if good hands was on project

THATS HOW THIS GAME COULD LOOK

P.S.
What they do now is just way overt date

This is incorrect actually. UE5's major thing is how efficient it will be able to push out "good looking" graphics.

I promise you a potato will still be able to play entropia as long as MA has an ability in programming/coding/design/ etc.
as long as.... oh dear we screwed then ;)

If U see crisis 1 and cryengine 2 that this game have, U will understand what could be done if good hands was on project

P.S.
If and Could* hit me so hard 😁

Edit* Clothing part could be exciting but they would need hire degsiner and someone with passion/creativity.

I dont have much hope in that regard sadly considering current armour update...

Last edited:

P.S.
I see what you mean,

However, it is not a fair comparison. Crysis 1 was released almost two decades ago.

Comparing their game engine, and what is required to make it look good, to Unreal Engine 5 is like comparing a scalextrics car to an actual car.

The whole point of the video I linked was to showcase a handful of the latest features implemented to Unreal Engine 5, and what makes it so good. It does not require all the work, it's literally made to be simple for the developers. Do you believe the CryEngine 2 is simple to work with? lol

I also have to wonder, do you think the video you just sent "look good" ? Did you see the features regarding realistic humans in Unreal Engine? The clothing? The PCG? About the animations? absolutely amazing tools for creating games! And Mindark is going to use these tools. Imagine all the possible developers who can work on Entropia, instead of the chosen few that know and can use CryEngine..... with all the spaghetti code currently in Entropia.

The FPS can be counted on one hand,
the environment looks like shit, being 2024.

Afaik, CryEngine was never meant for MMORPG's either.

I wish people could look forward towards the new amazing engine that Mindark has chosen to work with, instead of looking back at some decade old video shouting "MA could have done this!"

no, they could never have done that.... :p

Last edited:
I see what you mean,

However, it is not a fair comparison. Crysis 1 was released almost two decades ago.

Comparing their game engine, and what is required to make it look good, to Unreal Engine 5 is like comparing a scalextrics car to an actual car.

The whole point of the video I linked was to showcase a handful of the latest features implemented to Unreal Engine 5, and what makes it so good. It does not require all the work, it's literally made to be simple for the developers. Do you believe the CryEngine 2 is simple to work with? lol

I also have to wonder, do you think the video you just sent "look good" ? Did you see the features regarding realistic humans in Unreal Engine? The clothing? The PCG? About the animations? absolutely amazing tools for creating games! And Mindark is going to use these tools. Imagine all the possible developers who can work on Entropia, instead of the chosen few that know and can use CryEngine..... with all the spaghetti code currently in Entropia.

The FPS can be counted on one hand,
the environment looks like shit, being 2024.

Afaik, CryEngine was never meant for MMORPG's either.

I wish people could look forward towards the new amazing engine that Mindark has chosen to work with, instead of looking back at some decade old video shouting "MA could have done this!"

no, they could never have done that.... :p
My Point is that that They got tool, but no one in office that can use it, since 2007 that engine was used in lot of productions.

But funny You mentioned that Cryengine was not made for MMORPG's. If You look up web there is even tone of tutorials how to use it to create MMORPG's.
Maybe You know game AION? Just for example.

The mains switch from CE to UE5 is based only on company budget, instead of paying for licence, and even what would be smarter before for engine upgrade to current version. We will have UE5 that is based on % pay from yearly income made by game. So Yeah be preppered to add this -5% to your returns, up to other maintance%, company%, share holders% deeds holders%, land % and what ever % they will try to create.

Back