News: MindArk Signs Deal for Unreal Engine 5 - PRNewswire

Not to mention cryengine is so inefficient that if anything can run the game currently it can run UE5 with 3x the graphics they are currently running on cryengine version of the game

You will be able to sell your pc and buy a WORSE one at a DOWNGRADE and still be able to play with BETTER GRAPHICS AND PERFORMANCE than you did on cryengine.

No one will need an upgrade. UE5 is far more effective at rendering graphics with low process requirements compared to prior engines

Not to mention cryengine is so inefficient that if anything can run the game currently it can run UE5 with 3x the graphics they are currently running on cryengine version of the game

You will be able to sell your pc and buy a WORSE one at a DOWNGRADE and still be able to play with BETTER GRAPHICS AND PERFORMANCE than you did on cryengine.

No one will need an upgrade. UE5 is far more effective at rendering graphics with low process requirements compared to prior engines

I might... I'm still clinging to windows 7. =D

DON'T MAKE ME USE WIN 10 IT HORRIBLE I'D RATHER USE LINUX XD

Whatever you do, MA, don't lean too hard on nostalgics and romantics. I remember Old PE, with oil rig, Jason's mask under a cointainer in Jason, Umbra village etc. THey were cool, but I don't miss them much - it had its time in 2005-2010, we're soon in 2023.

What I DO miss, and what the game really needs, is a serious revamp to inventory management, Auction House interface and operability, open information about items in circulation, more variety of events, more long quest lines, customisable HUD, improvement OR discontinuance of useless projects like gardens and pets, real 3D space(!), and most of all: make the system easy for programmers and designers to implement new professesion and content along the way.

Unreal Engine 5 supports linux clients.
Will the new Entropi!a run on linux natively?
Good question. I have no idea how UE launches/includes/wraps a game. Depending on that a binary dedicated to a different OS is somewhere between easy or hard to do.

Imagine playing EU on a coffee machine, wrist watch or printer display (someone did that with Doom)... :D

Windows 11 (yes we’re on 11 now, 10 is old) is pretty good you might like it. It feels more like a mac
I used a mac once.... I had to open a command prompt in order to work out how to check the network settings... didn't have a clue about the UI

I used a mac once.... I had to open a command prompt in order to work out how to check the network settings... didn't have a clue about the UI
Sounds like the same thing would happen even if you were a mac user but only used windows once.

It’s almost as if we like things that we are used to.

i use both mac and windows 10 and 11 daily. They all do the same shit and get the job done.

Sounds like the same thing would happen even if you were a mac user but only used windows once.

It’s almost as if we like things that we are used to.

i use both mac and windows 10 and 11 daily. They all do the same shit and get the job done.
mad skillz

Taking bets if MA will introduce UE5 to PE, when the engine is already outdated since 3 years.

Taking bets if MA will introduce UE5 to PE, when the engine is already outdated since 3 years.
between UE4 release and UE5 release was just over 8 years, so as long as they don't take more than 2 more years to finish the conversion and release for entropia, should get a solid 5 years of "this is the best engine" out of it. and possibly the upgrade path to UE6 won't be as arduous as a conversion from cryengine

between UE4 release and UE5 release was just over 8 years, so as long as they don't take more than 2 more years to finish the conversion and release for entropia, should get a solid 5 years of "this is the best engine" out of it. and possibly the upgrade path to UE6 won't be as arduous as a conversion from cryengine
Unreal 4 to 5 is pretty simple from what I’ve seen so I would imagine 5 to 6 would be even more smooth

From the looks of all the dev posts.. The Entropia universe world as we know will be deleted entirely. If you have been here for years like I have you are going to be missing not the features, but the entire world you used to roam. We have witnessed it not once but twice already.
For example in the early days there were traders in hadesheim city and an umbranoid village.. and poof. It was all gone with an update.
Then Hadesheim city was removed entirely to make room for a crater filled with robots.
With the Cryengine update, entire cities got lost. Minopolis used to be a maze of small houses packed together. Now its just some empty space, with a house here and there.
Her are some examples what was lost forever:

- Hadesheim city, with its traders with better guns and armor and black pants (punisher mk1, ewe ep-13, laughable now, but better than tt-weapons)
- Minopolis
- Port Atlantis with its yellow walls and spaceport with spaceships (selling jester-d1 at boxes)
- Abandoned Umbranoid villages
- Giant mushrooms
- Spiral Shaped mountain (with spiders!)
- Robot factory
- Jason's mask
- Sunbathing skeleton
- Twin peaks mine
- Rock Monuments
- Feffoid traders (ewe ep-16, some shortblade) , hard to get to because of big monsters in the neighborhood.
- The old rig, differently shaped and dangerous atrox oas (we're all too skilled now, so the mobs are peanuts)
- Abandoned tent camps
- The weird abandoned tower in the desert south of fort pandora
- The pulsating spheres
- The blue purple forest filled with faucerfix, south of port atlantis
- The huge tree forest filled with phasm on amethera, now an empty icy environment. The trees were so huge you couldnt see their tops
- The closed mine entrance at Twin peaks

And most recently, the entire redesign of Treasure Island. It might be better, but the old island is gone forever.

The list could go on for a long time but I think my point was made. Be prepared to get a hole in your heart of places you hold dearly, to be lost forever.
index.php
A little OT... but looking at all these... and seeing all those windows from Hades... then thinking about similar at PA or indeed minopolis or Nympthtown,... it again makes me feel that there is real scope/potential for assigning every player a small property in game. OK maybe EVERY player is a little too much, perhaps every player who graduates might be more possible i.e. so people can't simply create a lot of avatars to claim space.

If things are done sensibly, there's no reason for small single room dwellings in every large building like this to present any kind of performance hit. Geometry wise it would just be a cuboid with a window that doesn't allow view in from the outside. After that you just need a corridor and and some doors. It should be a super easy cut'n paste job.

So why on Calypso would MA want to give everyone a little room for free? Well first off wouldn't be free as you need to graduate to get it, and you already get some stuff on graduation so this would just be one extra thing. One benefit here would be bringing traffic to unused/unpopular areas, this in turn could see more traders popping up in those areas, and indeed improve popularity of shops etc that might be located near by. I don't believe it would kill the existing property market either as the properties previously available will still have desirability over the proposed one room jobs. The key benefit would be that all the non wearable/holdable items in game (furniture etc) would suddenly have a market on a scale never before seen. This would in turn lead to greater turn over, more liquidity in the market, less hoarding, more interest in home making (decorating) and would probably get more people into home making enough that they'd consider getting a bigger place.

I dunno... maybe it's a terrible idea but it feels to me like it might have a lot of benefits/potential for relatively little effort. Especially as MA remaking everything (or at least converting/doing it up) anyhow.

Wistrel

PS people would inevitably be assigned stuff in a location they are not keen on, or simply wish to apply personal preference to where their little home is. For this reason, the ability to swap or trade the box rooms would be needed but I'd advise some sort of intervention to avoid profiteering. This could take many forms, and indeed it may even be sensible to simply allocate a property "token" to each graduated avatar. They could then tour the available properties and claim the one they want using the token with its estate terminal. There might be an initial rush on to claim the popular spots but this could be easily way laid by just making box rooms claimable in reduced numbers at at different times. So everyone gets a chance to grab one in an area they want.

Last edited:

An iteresting one on how to deal with some of the landscaping issues Entropia has long suffered from in regard to the large areas and repeating textures. It looks like it is solvable relatively easily in unreal.

Similarly, it looks like there are good ways now of avoiding what I would call "plonked syndrome" i.e. having stuff added to a landscape that looks like it has simply been plonked there and doesn't look in any way shape or form that it belongs there because it doesn't blend in just simply cuts into the landscape at its edge.

A potentially useful asset pack for @NEVERDIE (Hell) or even MA for their volcano areas for UE5.
Vid uploaded 6 hours ago.
This post is almost 6 hours old.
Are you sub'd to that artist? You put this out hella quick :jawdrop:

Vid uploaded 6 hours ago.
This post is almost 6 hours old.
Are you sub'd to that artist? You put this out hella quick :jawdrop:
Checked... apparently so. I guess I must have liked his stuff or something

Another useful looking one MA may want to consider... maybe this time we can get the eccentric waterfalls on Next Island going down instead of up? ;)

While I know I post a lot of videos about some of the tools and nice graphics available in Unreal. I feel I should repost this one from the last engine replacement as it still seems relevant today.

index.php

ah didn't realize it was 2 years ago. Well that makes it all even worse.

ah didn't realize it was 2 years ago. Well that makes it all even worse.
oh yes 2 years end of this month. Good spot. I'd hazard we're looking at another 3 before release.

Back