MindArk, time for a formal comment to the playerbase please!

Status
Does it actually say someplace that mob bosses are guaranteed 100% of the time to drop loot? I don't know but I have never read anything to that extent about mob bosses.

That should be the first question to ask, if that is not a guarantee I don't see what the issue is with a no looter, it is just a bad deal just like any other big mob that you waste ammo and decay killing and get no loot, it is just a bigger instance of the same ol shiot.

Not saying to stop complaining though, heck I would complain like crazy if I was there and spent that much for a no looter, but in the end unless I was guaranteed I'd not expect much to come from any complaining.

No creature that takes 1 mil + PED to kill should EVER no loot. Who cares about guarantees? It is just bad game design!
This was a rare creature in general due to the spawning effort. It was the biggest creature ever known to Calypso (or any planet). Making it a no looter is VERY bad business.

No creature that takes 1 mil + PED to kill should EVER no loot. Who cares about guarantees? It is just bad game design!
This was a rare creature in general due to the spawning effort. It was the biggest creature ever known to Calypso (or any planet). Making it a no looter is VERY bad business.

No disagree with you there Red

But is it a game randomizer engine after all and unless there is specific instructions to always generate some loot the game has likely odd's to generate a no looter just as well as any other mob. That is just the way a game runs it has no feeling or business sense it is just a machine generating random numbers.

So yes bad business by MA and not the games fault it is game designers fault and unless you have a guarnateed statement etc you really can't expect one aspect of the game to be different then the other. I am just saying I am doubting MA will do anything for reimbursment because they have no guarantee. They may however feel sorry for the ones that lost and compensate but who knows this is MA I am starting to think they have the heart of a computer as well.

hmm after reading some replys here, i wasnt present on the hussk killing, but one thing i now for sure, No one, i mean no one working on Game industry release something whitout apropriated testing to it..
so im no doubt that this is a problem that MA should coment and refund all the people present at least the the peds they spend on ammo.

Can you guys PLEASE stop making comments of the possibility of no loot, etc. It's a FACT there are already mobs that don't no loot, in fact most mobs considered to b fairly uber don't. Even Frescoquda do not ever no loot, it's not a valid argument. Hoggies didn't ever no loot since i began playing for example, the price of which was u had to b a nearly lvl 40 hunter before the mob began missing u at all. I think the price of admission on this one was fairly high and i believe it's pretty much obvious it should not have no looted, never-mind the fact kim stated it already, AND that it would be a shared loot mob. Why are we arguing these points still with all this evidence, are people really that eager to play devil's advocate that they can suspend all logic and common sense? Instead of arguing over or not it was ok, i believe the old idiom of "customer's always right" works quite well if the customer isn't asking anything ridiculous. We are just in fact asking what any reasonable person would, something for the money we payed.

Can you guys PLEASE stop making comments of the possibility of no loot, etc. It's a FACT there are already mobs that don't no loot, in fact most mobs considered to b fairly uber don't. Even Frescoquda do not ever no loot, it's not a valid argument. Hoggies didn't ever no loot since i began playing for example, the price of which was u had to b a nearly lvl 40 hunter before the mob began missing u at all. I think the price of admission on this one was fairly high and i believe it's pretty much obvious it should not have no looted, never-mind the fact kim stated it already, AND that it would be a shared loot mob. Why are we arguing these points still with all this evidence, are people really that eager to play devil's advocate that they can suspend all logic and common sense? Instead of arguing over or not it was ok, i believe the old idiom of "customer's always right" works quite well if the customer isn't asking anything ridiculous. We are just in fact asking what any reasonable person would, something for the money we payed.

Ohmmmm Ohmmmm, lead us all knowing one..... I was just asking a question and clarifying that a randomizing engine as what games mostly are built out of sometimes do randomize the worst and you should not always expect the best, don't have to be a prick about bashing others.

What will they find in the logs?

It was spawned, took a tickling for 3 or 4 hours, got a bashing by 100 plus and had no loot.

What is there to investigate :)

Still, a big disapointment from MA though, ah well.

Well, while I sympathise with the frustration of no loot, there has never been a mob in EU that guarantees loot.

When the high-regen mobs came out, we were told that they would practically always have loot, but they do indeed sometimes have no loot. Anyone who's killed 4 big Trox in a row for 4 yellow texts knows this ( or maybe I'm just spectacularly unlucky :ahh: ).

Now while the resources, time and effort put into killing this beast are much greater than normal, in the code the random number generator just did its thing and rolled low. Can't call that a bug and therefore very unlikely to get any recompense ( except perhaps as some sort of PR exercise :wtg: )

they dont refund their customer base if they do mistakes?

I figured you have been here longer than I, Sil. So you prolly know or at least been through more MA verified glitches that have screwed players out of ped tham me. (not to mention other examples that MA just brushed away and people made themselves forget about - apparently Sand Kings were almost forgotton, but MA FUBAR'd too soon)

Nobody there has been refunded/compensated, if players do here then it is completely unfair to all those before.

Well, while I sympathise with the frustration of no loot, there has never been a mob in EU that guarantees loot.
Someone told me White Gorillas on NI were guaranteed loot?
The way it was phrased was that MA fuxored that a couple times as well....

Tippin'

Last edited:

When the high-regen mobs came out, we were told that they would practically always have loot, but they do indeed sometimes have no loot. Anyone who's killed 4 big Trox in a row for 4 yellow texts knows this ( or maybe I'm just spectacularly unlucky :ahh: ).

Now while the resources, time and effort put into killing this beast are much greater than normal, in the code the random number generator just did its thing and rolled low. Can't call that a bug and therefore very unlikely to get any recompense ( except perhaps as some sort of PR exercise :wtg: )

bullshit,most mediumnoob mobs always loot..aurli/krelt...osseo..trox 0a + scip dom+
al those people that say here that its possibe the husk has no loot just never have hunted problably anything higher then argos

no way you killed big trox and had an nolooter..and i mean trox oa+

so clearly the sandking and the husk nolooters were bugs

We are just in fact asking what any reasonable person would, something for the money we payed.

PLEASE stop implying that people got nothing for the money they paid...

They got "entertained", nothing more is EVER guaranteed.

Here here sloe, u will drill it into them keep trying. And MA what "you have" done is appauling. Whether it is MA or whoever i dont know, i tend not to take much notice of who's in control of what , to my own downfall. But this should never have happened, and some kind of effort from he or those who are responsibe, should be swift and equal to the losses of those who spent time and money filling their pockets. I was not present and to certain extent rather annoyed that i wasnt at least able to share some of the losses with u faithful, true Entropians!!

Forget about the hussk bug, thats nothing...
Athena spaceport is getting redesigned!!! WOW!!! I can't wait to deposit more:yay:

An official response has been posted by the Calypso Dev team:

Hussk Update

In order to prevent splintered simultaneous discussions in several similar threads, please continue discussion in that thread.

:locked:

Status
Back