MindArk's net sales and profit after financial items increase significantly in Q4 2023

ChronicDeadEye

Guardian
Chronic DeadEye Jay
MindArk PE AB (publ) ("MindArk" or the "Company") expects to report results for the fourth quarter of 2023 that are higher than current market expectations. The Company estimates that net sales for the fourth quarter of 2023 will amount to approximately 45-47 MSEK. This represents an increase of approximately 55-61 percent compared to the same period last year. Operating profit for Q4 2023 is estimated to amount to approximately 25-27 MSEK, which corresponds to an increase of approximately 140-160 percent compared to the same period last year. Profit after financial items is estimated at approximately 25-27 MSEK, which is an increase of approximately 95-111 percent compared to the same period last year. The company emphasizes that the information is preliminary and that minor deviations may occur in the final report.

For the full year 2023, net sales are expected to amount to approximately 121-123 MSEK, an increase of approximately 30-33 percent compared to the full year 2022. Operating profit is estimated to amount to approximately 19-21 MSEK, which corresponds to a decrease of approximately 1-11 percent compared to the full year 2022. Profit after financial items is estimated to amount to 18-20 MSEK, which is an increase of approximately 50-67 percent compared to the full year 2022.
Reasons for the increase in revenue and profit in Q4 include the following:
  • Usage in Entropia Universe has increased by 27.5%.
    • Usage is a measure of user activity and also the main driver of MindArk's net sales.
  • MindArk has adopted a new policy on how to account for allocation for unconsumed user holdings:
    • Previous methodology - Historically, the Company has calculated the allocation for unconsumed user holdings by looking at all previous years since the game's launch 20 years ago and taking into account the years when withdrawals were high. This methodology has given the Company a comprehensive overview of user behavior over time.
    • New policy - With the new policy, the company now focuses on the last five years of data to better reflect current user behavior and economic trends. This change aims to provide a more timely and relevant picture of the company's allocation needs for the unconsumed user holdings in Entropia Universe.
  • Personnel costs are estimated to have decreased to 10.7 MSEK, a decrease of approximately 5 MSEK compared to Q4 2022 which amounted to 15.7 MSEK.
MindArk expects to publish the Q4 2023 report on February 28, 2024.
This disclosure contains information that Mindark PE AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 08-02-2024 08:00 CET.
Contact person
Henrik Nel Jerkrot
CEO, MindArk PE AB (publ)

Very interesting....

Thoughts on this, anyone? My curiosity sure is piqued.

Last edited:
So theyre making 50% more profit this year than last year? Sounds great!

Usage in Entropia Universe has increased by 27.5%
I keep hearing same clowns yelling since 2014 that the game is dying.I wonder why the data is always against them.It must not be true I suppose since they play since then but I wonder why there are the same ones.

I keep hearing same clowns yelling since 2014 that the game is dying.I wonder why the data is always against them.It must not be true I suppose since they play since then but I wonder why there are the same ones.
Population seemingly continues to decrease but per user cycle seemingly continues to increase.

This is cause and effect of adding higher cost/min items to the game and those items being used.
They require less players to generate the same revenues, then they have cut costs in order to inflate profits.

The game is dying because once that plays out to the extreme all that will be left are a few high level players grinding without any lower level players to sell to.

The biggest threat to Entropia is the lack of population. There needs to be more than 5000 total monthly active players within the Universe. There needs to be 5000 monthly active players PER PLANET at minimum.

Company was EXTREMELY bloat... now we experience the first effect of
- leaning the workforce (i beg pardon for who lst their income, but for company its good, i pose no moral question, just numbers)
- the reduction on time-span of withdrawal for calculation of "reserves for withdrawal" accounting (policy i recall was to save 30% of ISSUED PED (yes, issued this is again PURE SENIORAGE PROFIT, MA is MINTING PED and is making 70% profit on the sale of new ped on average).
- useage profit is a slice of player acrivity, it is 27% higher, so all in all TWEN (that is the only diference against 2022) lead to more cycling. the "plate refinement" ongoing on PP i feel lead to less farming of serpent and incision, being cyrene and arkadia more interesting.

As Messi pointed, the sky is not falling.

MINDARK STOCK

market cap is 9.77M Eur, nothing special.....
BUT
with 20m Sek revenue 1.77m eur

is it priced at a 5.5x multiplier... i would say it is 30% undervalued on stock market based on my professional experience
(this is not a financial advice to buy MA stocks)

Maybe we all died in 2014 and are just zombies playing a zombie game...that would explain some of the troll posts ppl are posting.

I hate to cool down the optimism but Christmas mayhem is the best possible MU event during the year, and especially with TWEN.

- Christmas strongbox
- Mayhem tokens
- TWEN Tokens

-Event is the longest of all mayhems.
-More and more players autoclick full-on 20-24 hours during the events since it's encouraged.

For MA this is great and they have at least more time to think of other carrots to keep going 🙂

Token are a perfect meaning to keep grinding....
all player know CDF Tokens
Cyrene mission token (yes the weapon are small but not all use 150 dps)
Vanity token from Mayhem ...
Twen can be just an "experiment"
let's see....
"adjust token" "imp toekn" "mod token" "aug token" "perf token" that is diferent amount can be traded in to an npc to upgrade armor and weapons?
make them just like twen token as drops with different chances in loot tables, there we go another 10 year upgrading gears...
Perfected Pixie ? perfected Opalo? perfected "aggressio" perfected D-1 ? just a few million ped cycled away... and being this scalable there we go another 5 year circus is ready

Game is in best shape ever, will last at least another 10 years

• MindArk has adopted a new policy on how to account for allocation for unconsumed user holdings:
    • Previous methodology - Historically, the Company has calculated the allocation for unconsumed user holdings by looking at all previous years since the game's launch 20 years ago and taking into account the years when withdrawals were high. This methodology has given the Company a comprehensive overview of user behavior over time.
    • New policy - With the new policy, the company now focuses on the last five years of data to better reflect current user behavior and economic trends. This change aims to provide a more timely and relevant picture of the company's allocation needs for the unconsumed user holdings in Entropia Universe.

I'm actually more interested in this small snippet.

More specifically, how this information affects a single-day change in a stock price as shown here:

I'm not a financial expert - and I would love someone to explain what an "unconsumed user holding" is, and as well, the statement about only using recent data to come to these numbers.

Last edited:
I'm not a financial expert - and I would love someone to explain what an "unconsumed user holding" is, and as well, the statement about only using recent data to come to these numbers.
unconsumed.... = PEDs in game
5 year .... old times there were higher than actual withdrawals per year (being it any cause) now ped PERSIST in game more (NTI and other deed sales prevented withdrawals, as an example) so.. now MA will SAVE TO PAY FOR WITHDRAWALS LESS THAN BEFORE to this lead to less "liabilities" in the balance account and for this reason the net result is rising...
- less wages,
- less debits toward gamers
+ development cost of UE5 (amortizing cost
+ immaterial assets (amortizing) for developed software
= more profit

I hate to cool down the optimism but Christmas mayhem is the best possible MU event during the year, and especially with TWEN.

- Christmas strongbox
- Mayhem tokens
- TWEN Tokens

-Event is the longest of all mayhems.
-More and more players autoclick full-on 20-24 hours during the events since it's encouraged.

For MA this is great and they have at least more time to think of other carrots to keep going 🙂
People forgot what was going on during Q4 2023. It wasn't just 2 mayhems....

I'm actually more interested in this small snippet.

More specifically, how this information affects a single-day change in a stock price as shown here:

I would say that "unconsumed user holding" is the peds you have on your ped card + the TT value of the stuff you own.

I would say that "unconsumed user holding" is the peds you have on your ped card + the TT value of the stuff you own.

Just as a thought experiment - could an "unconsumed user holding" be an account they've closed for any number of reasons including inactivity? If they were deciding the money on our card or item value is now their 'income' that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but again, not a financial expert.

People forgot what was going on during Q4 2023. It wasn't just 2 mayhems....
2 mayhems, Twen tokens(most profitable event since FEN)

A VU for multiple planets to progress towards some new plates, Gold Rush(success for company specifically)

Many many new items to grind towards, on top of the fact December is generally the most cycled month anyway with more people having time and more income (bonuses at work, personal Christmas gift etc.)

Q4 2024 quite possibly was the most ped EVER cycled in this game in a single quarter.

Accounting for so many 20-24 hr macro/bots, eay more people having higher cycle weapons.

Just look at entropia life even 3 years ago vs December. The top 100 players cycle so much more now even versus then.

So many things to take into account with these numbers shown. As is always the case.

one thing i wish we could see in those reports is total revenue from decay/ammo/mats vs total returns given back to players from said decay

a bit more transparency regarding loot returns would be cool

one thing i wish we could see in those reports is total revenue from decay/ammo/mats vs total returns given back to players from said decay

a bit more transparency regarding loot returns would be cool
It would still be heavily skewed as the top 100 players account for Id guess about 90% of the games cycle amount. And 90% might be low.

Once you deposit, they own that $.
If that were true they would not report it as the user's assets, even locked accounts is the users assets, if an account is locked for fraud i guess the user will loose the account with the assets on the account, but that is probably different from case to case also.

If that were true they would not report it as the user's assets, even locked accounts is the users assets, if an account is locked for fraud i guess the user will loose the account with the assets on the account, but that is probably different from case to case also.
TGA is not totally correct....
they OWN your MONEY after day 183 (actual/365) SIX MONTHS after yo uhave deposited.
in case of bankrupt of the company all credits of the customers are void if older than 180 days.
in this sense he is correct.

BUT
every player can apply for withdrawal and receive payment in 50 WORKDAYS (Some people lament buyt i got a mate that withdraws each month and those are the times, sometime also faster thatn that).
MA Accounts for the withdrawals an amount as DEBIT TOWARD PLAYERS in its annual report based on 30% of the accumulated PED in game (or so it was before)
as an example old school MA sell 100m ped accounts 30% or 30m ped as 2024 debit toward players
(this means that 70% of the deposited ped area ccounted as THIS YEAR profit) IT IS CALLED SENIORAGE, TEH GAIN OF MINTINH A CURRENCY, THE PED.

locked accounts are probably part of some special category, if are under review probably are accounted, same as a dead player waiting for his Heirs to take control and liquidate account (if it is all in all allowed, i dont know if EULA say that service ends with players's death, if not, heirs have right to continue the avatar or enter into hiits possessions (some avatar are worth a small house or a villa)

banned account probably are zeroed in value and not accounted (this is by logic, i am not to into their balance account, but numbers as an aggregate show clearly the ped in game that MA considers.... take the total amount of debit, multiply by 3.3 and you know how many PED value is the game

Some good analysis here.

So what is the factor that drove a jump of stock price from 2.5 to 3.9, with half a million turnover in a single day that then resulted in multiple days of selling?

People just getting out while ahead? Something further we don't have the full data on?

Some good analysis here.

So what is the factor that drove a jump of stock price from 2.5 to 3.9, with half a million turnover in a single day that then resulted in multiple days of selling?

People just getting out while ahead? Something further we don't have the full data on?
Does Swedish markets, or wherever this is listed, have insider disclosure laws?

Might be worth a review.

Next year when we annualised on this year… That’s when shit hits the fan..

I don't think it's anything nefarious. It simply jumped on the announcement you quoted in the opening post. If you look at the release time of that announcement it's 8 am like all their announcements. When markets open and hence good news will cause a surge up of value.

I don't think it's anything nefarious. It simply jumped on the announcement you quoted in the opening post. If you look at the release time of that announcement it's 8 am like all their announcements. When markets open and hence good news will cause a surge up of value.
It wasn't my intention to imply anything other than that of curiosity for such a massive, sudden change.

Does Swedish markets, or wherever this is listed, have insider disclosure laws?

Might be worth a review.
Yes, we have laws for that.
Like in every other case with good news the professional traders are there to make money, that drives up the price on the stock temporarily.

Last edited:
Back