Mindforce and Tiering

sledgehammer

Elite
Society
BlackAngels HQ
Sledge Hammer
I think most people would agree that the new mindforce changes are fantastic, and I'm certainly happy to be able to use the system the way it is now, rather than pre-10.0. But now that most of us have had a chance to experiment and settle in with MF, I can't help but wonder, why can't we tier these chips? The healing chips work like faps. The attack chips work like guns. I don't see why we can't also tier them the same way. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun and that is part of the next expansion of the system, hopefully coming to us from MA soon, but it seems like tiering would be a natural fit for these chips.

hmmm... wonder if they won't make it so you can use multiple chips at once instead of tiering... would be interesting to have like two attack chips in use at the same time, or one attack and one team fap one so you are healing at the same mouse click you are attacking - decay would be fairly high as well as ME use, but it might be worth it?

If there is a way MA can milk more money out of something people do, they will do it.

So you can probably count on tiering or something that "enhances" our chips that eat up more of our resources more quickly which results in lining their pockets.

Reactions: Mac
Tiering will probably be added to MF soon :)D), since they've already split the mind essence 1:100, it is all ready to be implemented properly.

Yeah, it looks like it's setup to introduce tiering but I suspect they're going to wait until L chips are dropping more regular and people skill up a little.

People with the big first gen chips already have a nice advantage in skilling, if they could tier those chips now they would be able to get a huge advantage over other players.

I would say MF will definitely NOT become tierable using the current enhancers

Facts favouring this opinion:

Mindforce Chips use non-deca amounts of Mind Essence, for example FGEACVI uses 888 mindessence

Mindforce decay comprises NeoPsion and Chip decay - a damage enhancer chip would need to increase both of these (I doubt MA would be interested in increasing chip decay but ignoring NP decay - which would make the chips more eco, not less)

What kind of enhancers do you think could be introduced? Would they be attached to the NP or the chip?

If they were attached to the NP, this would mean removal and reinsertion every time you wanted to play with enhancers

I could sure get used to a speed enhancer on MF cooldown though :)

I would think any enhancer that doesn't mess with item decay would be perfectly acceptable - if they are introduced they will be MF-specific

I think most people would agree that the new mindforce changes are fantastic, and I'm certainly happy to be able to use the system the way it is now, rather than pre-10.0. But now that most of us have had a chance to experiment and settle in with MF, I can't help but wonder, why can't we tier these chips? The healing chips work like faps. The attack chips work like guns. I don't see why we can't also tier them the same way. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun and that is part of the next expansion of the system, hopefully coming to us from MA soon, but it seems like tiering would be a natural fit for these chips.

I think this is probably in our future. What excites me is that mindforce seems tailor-made for tiering now! Imagine a teir 5 or 6 chip with range and damage enhancers - suddenly using MF in combat isn't laughable, or at the very least you have a very eco tagger with a better fire rate than the bravo. Plus with the new L chips, you can do bigger, faster damage with better efficiency anyway - throw a tir rate on it like all the other L weps!

If they were attached to the NP, this would mean removal and reinsertion every time you wanted to play with enhancers

Not necessarily - you would probably have different enhancer types for the chip or the implant - you would have the standard weapon type enhancers for the chip and tool type enhancements (economy, speed) for the implant. Hopefully, you'll be able to attach/detach enhancements to the implant without insertion - otherwise you're right, that would suck bad.

Last edited:
Given that the NP decays at the same rate whether u have a lvl I chip or lvl X chip inserted, I don't think this will be a factor if enhancers are added.

I most certainly am prepared for any MF tiering systems that may or may not come to say the least.

Would be very interesting.

Given that the NP decays at the same rate whether u have a lvl I chip or lvl X chip inserted, I don't think this will be a factor if enhancers are added.

It would make using dmg enhancers more eco, not less

Back