Mindforce Attack Chips can now gain tier levels.

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Thoughts on this?

My initial reaction was this new development could potentially slow down the introduction of new more powerful chips.

Personally I've always liked Mindforce in a pure state, no added extras to complicate the issue. This opens up a whole new area of debate.

Are enhancers good or are they bad? do they give good value for money?
Is this a method of actually helping to trigger globals, was it neceassary to make this happen on eco chips?

I think I would've probably preferred an amp option, rather than the unknown life use of enhancers.

The fact it could add value to unlimited chips is not my main concern, its how the chips might perform with or without chosing to use enchancers that concerns me right now.

Do you not adopt and possibly die, or embrace and test?

A little speechless right now, will investigate when home and online.

Rick

I think this is a Great steap foward in MF.
Would like to see Range & Speed Enhancers..

For those that use enhancers alot and understand how it works much more than me.

Is enchancer loss directly related to the decay of the weapon, or more towards the number of shots use of the weapon?

In other words if your chip is ultra slow decay will enhancers last longer?

Thanks

Rich.

Really, crap I wonder what crappy TIRs I have been offered?

Many people have been skilling mindforce with small level chips on mobs like caraboks or RT Thieves.
Skill gains on such mobs have been removed in the vu 14.0 making not worth anymore to use those chips.
So decide to give tiers to mindforce chips is to remotivate people to use them ?...

At least the 2013 roadmap is talking about mindforce improvements and new effects.

Thoughts on this?

If I had had any good, repairable mindforce chip I would have appreciated this.

Now I'm using higher level (L) chips, which well kind'a works generally, except that long time use won't give any permanent Award when it comes to tiering possibility.

My biggest repairable attack chip is the old "Good Electric chip" (V), and highest heal chip VII chip (which was an improvement from my old V chip but not that "wow" feeling, the chip being for level 9 and my skills enough to practically max XI healchip).

Edit: Only attack chips have tiering possibility.

Last edited:
If I had had any good, repairable mindforce chip I would have appreciated this.

Maybe MA are attempting to lift the MU of unlimited chips, or maybe they have plans to introduce more unlimited.

Well; I'll be interested if some decent unlmited chips do come on the market at a reasonable price.

I think if you have really keen interest with MF: it might be worth pushing the boat out, and investing at higher levels.

XI heals for around TT+4500 is not bad considering how good that heal chip is.

X heals are coming down in price, didn't one sell for TT+3700 yesterday

ok no tiers on heals chips yet, but I imagine it will come.

Rick

Damage enhancers on combu chips :yay:
With VIII ones, we already could crit at 300+ dmg !

Feith

Feith

This sounds like a highest crit challenge, I like it !!!!! :yay:

Lets do it!!!

Rick

Imagine an Ignite or Arsonistic V with full dmg enhancers critting :eyecrazy:

I think this is nice. However it's not nice the official response before (not long ago) was MF was not going to get tiers because then it would be just like other weapons. Someone mentioned there's also the former ignite option to add damage to MF already. Kinda misleading to add tiers after all. Not really anything new though.

Amplifier!

Tier level ? really.. I'd rather see they added amps to attack mindforce chips.

Call them ectasy pill or whatever :yup:

I'd be more positive if they'd not put so crappy rates on my ul chips :silly2:

ok I tested it, and I like it !!!!!!

Thank you MA

ok got some Tier HOFs to post

Rick

Will take me a little while at 5 shots per minute but I can't wait to get my arson chip up to to tier X :wtg:

I gave a wish in Soc chat last night before signing off for the evening for MA to give me tier rates on my MF chips.

I should have asked for a ATH too .. damn.

Bones

Well the majority of TIRs on my chips were ok, but one scored 10/10 in the TIR 50-60 range :( Going to be fun selling that one :(

I'm very disappointed in this change. MindArk mentioned would not add tiering to the Mindforce system, instead opting to develop Mindforce in its own way. I feel like they caved due to the whims of some players.

Well, I really gave up trying to understand how tiers work. Was hunting for 6 hours non-stop with T1:124 corrosive ul chip and it didn't move past 0.2, while Nighthawk managed to tier up his electric chip faster with lesser T1 rate. Dynamic? More like random :)

Cost to tier my arson chip is 1420ped :( I knew it was a great chip but obviously MA think it's the best weapon ingame (higher than mod merc or imk2)

I've sent a support in hope that it's a bug.

Well, I really gave up trying to understand how tiers work. Was hunting for 6 hours non-stop with T1:124 corrosive ul chip and it didn't move past 0.2, while Nighthawk managed to tier up his electric chip faster with lesser T1 rate. Dynamic? More like random :)

My guess is that the number indicates likelyhood of tiering rather than some static meaning :dunno:

At least one of each of the First Gen Electric chips have reached Tier 1 by now, and someone even got a VII to Tier 2 while I couldn't even get from 1.1 to 1.2 with my IV (that has rather nice TIR) in a few 1000 shots :laugh:

Its hard and sloooow but possible.

Massive Gratz on your T4 Dan

Rick

Gratz!

Can't wait for when tiering comes for MF heals too!!! (if that should come)

Cost to tier my arson chip is 1420ped :( I knew it was a great chip but obviously MA think it's the best weapon ingame (higher than mod merc or imk2)

I've sent a support in hope that it's a bug.

Any response from support on this issue?

Falagor
:bandit:

Back