Mindforce still behind?

Rave

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
RP Rave Prospector
I've been waiting and waiting to see some changes to MF to bring it up to par with hunting gear, but still nothing? Sure we've seen a surge of new chips... the highest attack chip still maxing at level 37? 68.9 old school DPS. No amps, no tiers...

Sure, you can use ignite chips to add DPS... good luck finding one though. And this doesn't share profession types with the best attack chips. So you have to be skilled in several separate professions to have any sort of competition with weapon hunters.

Sure MF has regen chips, tp chips, metabolic chips, sync chips; but none of these are going to help me hunt at a higher level.

Maybe it's me but I still feel like MF has gotten the short end of the stick. Any thoughts on this?

I've been waiting and waiting to see some changes to MF to bring it up to par with hunting gear, but still nothing? Sure we've seen a surge of new chips... the highest attack chip still maxing at level 37? 68.9 old school DPS. No amps, no tiers...

Sure, you can use ignite chips to add DPS... good luck finding one though. And this doesn't share profession types with the best attack chips. So you have to be skilled in several separate professions to have any sort of competition with weapon hunters.

Sure MF has regen chips, tp chips, metabolic chips, sync chips; but none of these are going to help me hunt at a higher level.

Maybe it's me but I still feel like MF has gotten the short end of the stick. Any thoughts on this?

very true.. atleast meta chips are good for speeding you up so you can pretty much back up fast enough to take down many mobs even if you lack the dps you might get with other weapns

only see the bad, what about regen chip req vs L faps?

this morning noticed an item on auction with the stream listed in item info screen, lol.

1) The ignite chips works very well as a type of "amp", altho you are correct in that they are hard to find since they drop only from beacons.

2) While lower health gains makes MindForce bad defensively, things like metabolic acceleration (only I exists atm but higher lvls have been shown) makes you able to outrun mobs instead of getting hit.

3) The new nanochips that just dropped are (in my opinion) better than guns since they now last as long as many (L) guns while still having very low TT value.

4) Slightly higher level chips than used to exist has come, but even higher level are probably (and hopefully) not that far into the future.

5) Other buffs like regeneration speed increase/decrease, health augmentation, etc has started appearing.

only see the bad, what about regen chip req vs L faps?

Oh yeah, the regen chips are nice don't get wrong. A lot of the support chips are useful. My concern is more about the DPS side of MF. I mean, they should at least have tiers just like guns and melee. Melee doesn't have amps either, but they get tiers.

1) The ignite chips works very well as a type of "amp", altho you are correct in that they are hard to find since they drop only from beacons.
2) While lower health gains makes MindForce bad defensively, things like metabolic acceleration (only I exists atm but higher lvls have been shown) makes you able to outrun mobs instead of getting hit.
3) The new nanochips that just dropped are (in my opinion) better than guns since they now last as long as many (L) guns while still having very low TT value.
4) Slightly higher level chips than used to exist has come, but even higher level are probably (and hopefully) not that far into the future.

All good points of course, but same applies as my other response, would love to see tiers so high level hunters can also choose to use MF at an appropriate level.

Maybe DOT chips like Ignite that work within electric or cryo professions also.

Maybe DOT chips like Ignite that work within electric or cryo professions also.

Yes, that would be nice... One other thing also about the Ignite chips, as they can work as amps. They do not have the "add only 50% of dmg" limitation that gun amps have. I can ignite a mob so it takes 30 dmg/sec for 10 seconds and then attack it with 30 dps for 8 of those 10 seconds, making the total dps ~54

Yes, that would be nice... One other thing also about the Ignite chips, as they can work as amps. They do not have the "add only 50% of dmg" limitation that gun amps have. I can ignite a mob so it takes 30 dmg/sec for 10 seconds and then attack it with 30 dps for 8 of those 10 seconds, making the total dps ~54

Ah, very true - that is definitely a limitation of guns that that MF won't worry about. I'm not particulary concerned about actual amps for this fact. But imagine being able to tier a high level UL ignite and attack chip... that would be fantastic :laugh:

Someone will have to make a MF-oriented planet before any major changes to MF will occur IMHO.

MF hunters need some kind of amp.

Melee hunters need some kind of amp.

Yeah I've been waiting for level 35+ mindforce chips for a while... my mindforce hit levels have been sitting at 41/42 for a while now, no reason to raise it any higher atm.

MF may not be there yet but the future looks bright, and those of us who are using it now will be ready for those bigger chips :)

I also think MF has a bonus in speed of skilling due to the fact that the main skill is used for hit and dam.

MF may not be there yet but the future looks bright, and those of us who are using it now will be ready for those bigger chips :)

I also think MF has a bonus in speed of skilling due to the fact that the main skill is used for hit and dam.

Yeah I'm at level 51 electro (just hit Harmony!), so I'm ready for the big chips!

Mindforce appeared for what I know as a novative aspect in the game in the early vu 5.x,
but saddly Mindforce always stood in the back of the race.
Notice that sweating (mindforce) is the only way to start in the game for free since now 8 years, and still is, so I feel strange that it has not been developped and improved more in this same direction to bring new accounts.
Yes, some ... new.... chips borned, and so what ?...

Players like Dan and myself have been a lot promoting Mindforce in the game for years, but you can also greet the work done by players like NightHawk, if that's to name him only.

May be mindark could realise that the community also have very good ideas to promote and improve the game, than only focalise on what will be the new MISS feature... and the new MISS feature, and ..... hmmmm, the new MISS feature.

It seems that priorities are elsewhere.... again.

Seems like its a simple solution.

1) Higher level chips
2) Tiers

Easy day.

edit: as noted to me by NH, tiers are already out of the question as per MA. However, they really need to get moving in terms of finding a complimentary addition to MF.

Last edited:
I like that MF is different to guns. I don't want to see amps or tiering, I just want MA to continue and expand on what they've already started.

Bigger chips ofc, including bigger health argumentation etc. Also a range of ignite chips from the other proffessions (freeze and shock chips :D).

I guess i'm just an old D&D guy. Wizards have a large variety of spells but low health and useless with weapons, the fighters of massive health and big swords :)

Mindforce shouldn't be on par with physical weapons in every way. Mindforce has its own niches. If you don't think the benefits of Mindforce outweigh the drawbacks, don't make Mindforce your primary focus in EU.

I think the Implant decay change was the last necessary step to fixing the Mindforce system. Now it's up to the planet partners to simply create new chips (higher level attack chips, UL Ignite and personal effect chips, etc.).

Imo, as it stands, MF is a relatively "young" profession. Yes, it's been around a while, but until recent years, it's not really been a viable profession. This was largely due to the fact that if you used any chip, a hit from a mob stopped the chip charge-up process, causing you to have to start over.

I think MindArk has taken MF from a profession that people rarely used, to one that could compete with many other professions. At the same time, as it is unique in it's own way, I don't see tiering or amping as a way to go.

However, what I would love to see, and I feel this would boost MF in many ways, would be to have craftable MF chips. MF is the only hunting/healing profession that relies SOLELY on looted "tools". This tends to leave chips lacking in availablity. Craftable MF would not only allow the MF profession to progress, but it could potentially create a new skillset for crafters. Additionally, craftable MF could, in theory, create a greater market for vibrant sweat, increasing potential income for new players. This, ofc, would only be possible if the BP's for MF included vibrant sweat as an ingredient (the amount of sweat dependent upon the chip level... with more sweat required for higher level chips).

I like that MF is different to guns. I don't want to see amps or tiering, I just want MA to continue and expand on what they've already started.

Bigger chips ofc, including bigger health argumentation etc. Also a range of ignite chips from the other proffessions (freeze and shock chips :D).

I guess i'm just an old D&D guy. Wizards have a large variety of spells but low health and useless with weapons, the fighters of massive health and big swords :)

Yes I agree, I think it would be a sad day if tiering and amps were added to MF chips. MF should remain pure, and continue on the basis of mind skill.

I can feel Rave's frustration with wanting amps, although I feel it would damage the purity and respect big fans of MF feel about MF professions.

We do need bigger chips though, I'm maxed on all MF chips even the strike chips.

I've always dreamed of MF taking on special natural powers. The ability to fly for example using the mind (even if this burns SME). Such skills though should need very high 'hit' level of skill to unlock. The only natural MF unlock is ESL although this is pretty lame there is only one for bio skill and none for attack.

I find the new nano chips pretty powerful. Quite easy to hunt on CP with X or XI electric/lacerating/corrosive chips against high regain mobs. Shame the stats are so low to use these chips, I dont feel I've achieved anything skill wise, need some fat chips with say 50+ or 60+ level 'hit' to aim for.

Lets see what comes in, high end nanochips was a good start.

Rick.

ps: Hey Mindark. "Flight chip I" please...say level 50 'hit' electric to use. Come on tease us with something new and exciting. Tickle our taste buds.

Last edited:

I think it's you.
Yes, you cant compare it with regular guns yet, but look at the trend and you'll see where it's going.
Stronger chips drop with every update. Just be patient.

I've been using a lvl 3 electric chip for ages, so i think so far the progress is awesome. Just to bad that so many people are using it now.

It used to be special once,...

....... Just to bad that so many people are using it now.

It used to be special once,...

It's a double edge sword though, more interest will promote more development.

It still takes some peds and commitment to develop MF skills to high levels. I'm on a mission to uber all the attack skills. It's good to see more interest, I feel it pushes me harder to extend a decent gap in skill levels.

Also a lot of these high end chips (X or XI) are close range, alot of people are not keen on that. I like it becasue more hits mean I develop defensive and general skills. It's challenging in many ways, I do worry for returns at times high end chips eat peds very fast even if the chips are eco.

MF will never be for everyone, and if MA bring in high profession level chips with some cool uses that is where it will be "special".

Imagine, Strike Chip XII, imagine with 800+ hit (say level 70 hit to use)....hee,hee will be funny in the ring.

I'd like new MF style chips that unlock for use at say Levels 80-100 cyro/pyro/elec profession to use, but have new visuals. Personally that would drive my skilling forward fast, and also sends a message to the community that you are one very skilled person.

Rick

I'd like new MF style chips that unlock for use at say Levels 80-100 cyro/pyro/elec profession to use, but have new visuals. Personally that would drive my skilling forward fast, and also sends a message to the community that you are one very skilled person.

Maybe I've been playing too much Skyrim, but how about summoning/necro type chips :laugh: if I could just kill an Atrox Stalker and revive it to attack my foes... :lolup:

Other than the introduction of newer and high end chips, I'm happy with MindForce the way it is.

I do not feel amps or tiers, etc., need to be added to the current system.

Maybe I've been playing too much Skyrim, but how about summoning/necro type chips :laugh: if I could just kill an Atrox Stalker and revive it to attack my foes...

That would be awesome
:laugh:

Maybe sync chips could be used as enhancers/amps for mindforce? MA needs to make sync useful for something.
Yes, I own a big sync chip

Back