• Total voters
Large Scale Mob Density Reduction Completed

Dome 1 Ambulimax - 50%
Dome 2 Fungoid -50%
Dome 3 all - 50%
Dome 4 Atrox young - 50%
DOme 5 same

Dome 6 - Caperon - 75%
Dome 7 - exterminated 1 EXO spawn (youngs)
Dome 8 - All - 65%
Dome 9 Same (Event Dome)
Dome 10 Same

Dome 11 - Molusk maturity - 30%
Dome 12-15 Event Domes (same)

Dome 16 - Daspletor -25%
Dome 17 Dasp - 50%
Dome 18 - Cornotorain -50% Argos - 90%
Dome 19 - Corno and Atrox -80%
Dome 20 - Corno andAtrox - 50%

This has greatly thinned out the herds... Although I have left maturities the same, so I easily can boost the mobs for events if needed. Hopefully should make CND much more accesible to miners... i will of course be watching the numbers carefully to see if it impacts the turnover positively. Good Luck!

Also mobs may not reduce until they have been killed first and do not respawn, So drag them to the Turrets if u want to get rid of them

Nice! :D

Thanks ND, can't wait to get home and run some domes. I'll do my best to hit a tower or an ATH and help the bottom line! :laugh: :cool:

If there are less mobs. More people will be able to mine. That sounds awesome. BUT this will in turn create less finds per miner. Its not uncommon to drop 100 bombs and find 2 or 3 claims. So with more miners its possible it will turn into 200 bombs with 2 or 3 claims.

Would I like to see less mobs. Yes. But in reality No. I think the toughness of some of the domes is what makes them so profitable. The less people that mine a dome means a better chance someone will profit.

PS: mine with of-105 and mf-211. both maxed.

If there are less mobs. More people will be able to mine. That sounds awesome. BUT this will in turn create less finds per miner. Its not uncommon to drop 100 bombs and find 2 or 3 claims. So with more miners its possible it will turn into 200 bombs with 2 or 3 claims.

Would I like to see less mobs. Yes. But in reality No. I think the toughness of some of the domes is what makes them so profitable. The less people that mine a dome means a better chance someone will profit.

PS: mine with of-105 and mf-211. both maxed.

Sorry man

I have to disagree. Dome 4 was totally empty of mobs for weeks, and I pulled some nice finds out of it....and I know I wasn't the only one. It was also being mined very very heavily. ;)

Plus, ND isn't emptying out the domes, just reducing some of the really thick spawns....still gonna be some good mobs...just a few less in some domes.

Last edited:
Sorry man

I have to disagree. Dome 4 was totally empty of mobs for weeks, and I pulled some nice finds out of it....and I know I wasn't the only one. It was also being mined very very heavily. ;)

Plus, ND isn't emptying out the domes, just reducing some of the really thick spawns....still gonna be some good mobs...just a few less in some domes.

I know I don't have enough CND experience to really make a judgment call. Thats the reason I didn't do a detail dome by dome analysis. Thats just what ran through my head.;)

I don't go to hunt and can only kill a few of the smaller mobs BUT I like the domes with the big uber mobs the best. Something about mining amongst mobs 10x your size that can take you down in 1 hit. A decrease in the spawn will definately allow me to mine more of the domes which is a plus. I will be heading back up tonight or tomorrow and can't wait to check domes I avoided before. :D

If u feel that any of the Domes are now to Sparse post here.. Also dont forget the mobs have to be killed so they dont respawn, so take some ammo with you.

Am I too late?

Too bad I didnt see this thread yesterday. Oh well, here is my two pec on the matter.

I am a miner mostly, but I have been known to take my ghost and 5b for a hunt or gremlin and 2c plating into dome 2. Hunting is not my thing at CND, I fly up there for the big risk mining.

Dome #1 A decent dome to mine in, the ambulimax are only a problem if you try to mine in the swarm or near it.

Dome #2 A decent dome also, but it seems sometimes the fungoid can be a little too thick in areas for hunting and mining.

Dome #3 This is a good mining dome, but it seems to be always empty of resources. People carpet bomb the crap out of this dome. If there was some kind of mob in there it might change.

Dome #4 I don’t bother to mine this dome, but I did while the atrox were gone. I haven’t been in here since they were returned to check the density though.

Dome #5 I enjoy mining this dome, the snablesnots are not aggressive at all. Though when the exarosaur start spawning in here I hope it doesn’t ruin the dome if they are too thick.

Dome #6 This dome is almost alright, I get some decent deposits in here but there caperons never seem to be hunted and are a bit out of control. Perhaps lower the spawn density.

Dome #7 The exarosaur in here wouldn’t be a problem to mine around if there weren’t so many of them. Several times I’ve had to put on my ghost mid hunt and suffer decay because my claim was near a bunch of exarosaur and I do not bring ammo out with me most of the time.

Dome #8 What can I say about this dome? I don’t even look at it or think about it when I start mining for the day. This dome is just insane and way out of hand for miners. Four types of DNA seems like too much.

Dome #9 I try to mine this dome every now and then, but the Atrax are a little thick at times.

Dome #10 This dome has a nice rare ore, Maganite, but it is over mined half the time. The birds are not very aggressive which makes this one of the more heavily mined domes.

Dome #11 Dome 11 was my second favorite dome before the molisk moved in. Now I find myself mining there less and less often.

Dome #12 The neconu in this dome were too thick for months, but they seem to be a little under control now. I added this dome to my usually mining routine and it is one my new favorites.

Dome #13 I hunt this dome pretty often since the merp DNA has been added. The berycled still seem a little thick which didn’t help when the merp were added. I don’t try to mine this dome, but like I said I do hunt it.

Dome #14 This dome is also good for mining, I find lots of narcanism in here which makes it a definite choice for me to mine every day. I have noticed that there are more and more cornacauda matures spawning in this dome. If there are two DNA for them maybe remove one. I like the snarksnots that have made a comeback in this dome.

Dome #15 An excellent choice for mining, the allophyl make this dome a paradise for mining. Too bad atrax seem to keep spawning in here. Also since the allophyl have had increased health and regen, I didn’t notice the numbers of them drop in the dome. I think they should be lowered a bit.

Dome #16 This dome is pretty decent for mining also. The daspletor are not a problem unless the miner wants to make them one.

Dome #17 The daspletor in this dome are not a nuisance either. I’ve pulled some good claims out of the daspletor domes.

Dome #18 The Argonaut in this dome are ruining it, the Argonaut leaders are over aggressive and there is a lot of them. But that is my opinion. I hunted this dome quite often just for the cornoanterion before the Argonaut were added, now I don’t even bother to hunt or mine it at all.

Dome #19 This is my favorite dome of all time, but getting XXIII and XXI (x2) in there unamped will do that to you. I’d like to see the amount of atrox in here reduced. The oil rig is more than adequate for people who want to hunt atrox of this size.

Dome #20 This dome is good for mining aswell and unlike dome 19, the atrox do not make much of a problem for me here.

Thanks for listening to us ND and +rep from me aswell.

seems like most of the issues have been addressed. Will be great to see if you are enjoying things more, once the spawn Levels adjust... Feel Free to Drag the Mobs to the turrets, they wont respawn

The domes I ran were nice to navigate through now, bad run though lol.

equipment used= binky the welsh mining hampster (5th generation...3rd son of 4th generation Binky,unfortunately other 2 were eaten by there mother)... love the mining idea,binky is getting tired of playing inside his little run around ball that is calypso,keeps banging off the skirting boards,and making himself dizzy...keep high lvl mobs,couple domes,and let the other domes ring with the KABLOOM of bombs,and SWOOSHPIFFFFFfffft of probes,and maybe a few squeek squeeks too...gl with your research....i have already launched Binky into space,expect his arrival soon,but dont blame me if he leaves little brown pellet surprises all over the place...WARNING do not eat these as they are not raisins and may induce vomiting and loss of appetite.:bomb:

Armor - ghost+4A plates (5B in plans) usually mine without armor
Weapon - ewe-ep40 (+amp 104 or 103); katsushi determination
HP close to 120 and growing :D

Addicted miner :D
I don't hunt, I kill in self defense or when I have a mob on my claim.

#1 - good and easy
#2 - personally I don't like them, but this dome is ok
#3 - marvelous dome
#4 - good (my armor loved it empty :rolleyes:)
#5 - marvelous dome
#6 - this is wired dome, sometimes I have no problems with passing, sometimes there is a red wall on radar
#7 - excellent
#8 - "swamp dome" is hard, it is mineable as long as you don't get a respawn on you or claim by a mob, than even fast fap may not help...
#9 - been there today, I like it now, and liked it before
# 10 - very good dome
# 11 - after reduction of molisk maturity it is good for mining, sometimes there is too many mobs there but I can kill then (unless they crit me)
# 12 - this mobs are too hard for me, all I can do is mine around them, which is impossible sometimes
# 13 - I admit I haven't been there after the brake I had from CND, but last visit was hard... too big spawn
# 14 - very good one
# 15 - after last update this allo are out of my range, but they are peaceful enough to pass them without problems
# 16 & 17 - unique mobs.... they are too hard for most of players, but they can be avoided, so it is ok
# 18 - been there today, loved it
# 19 & 20 - ok

Maybe not too much of a help for you, but this is my conclusion.
Most of this domes can be mined without ammo or armor (I do it often), but some are hard to get into like this. I don't expect you to make CND miners only place and I think that this is absolutely right that I can't go everywhere without armor. And it would be boring to mine without mobs getting in our way...
As for the hard domes, which I personally love to mine in (number six and twelve) I'd reduce the spawn a bit.

I don't know if this is possible. But can you reduce the spawn and make it bigger again on the hunting events? I understand that hunters at CND need mobs to kill, and sometimes it is lots of hunters there. But if this is possible, I think it is good solution - weeks weak spawn, weekends strong spawn.

Regards ;)

Boosting Spawn at the Weekends for events is possible but Quite expensive....

I may have gone Overboard Please let me know if I have left some of the Domes to Sparse now

I just hunted domes 11 and 18 tonight, the spawns seem fine for hunting.

thanks guys this is very help helpful, due to the accounting system its very difficult to measure the activity in any particular Dome , but this is truly revealing...

I'm starting to see a pattern that Except for the Unique Mobs very few come to hunt exclusively at CND, except during events... IS that really true?
I will be watching this Poll very carefully, if this is the case, the miners can expect Quite an Overhaul in their favor

My 2 pec's worth ...

I went to CND when i first started the game to mine only. Then I got into hunting/events so would now say I go to do both.

Interestingly though (perhaps), I will hunt CND or surface and switch between the two for a bit of variety and change of scenery. If I get the urge to mine however I will always fly up. I would say 95% of all mining I do is on CND and has been since my first trip there soon after I started.

I think it's true that few go to exclusively hunt, apart from the events, and I fall into that camp. That said the balance between how much time I would spend doing each is important. probably 75% - 25% in favour of hunting. So too big an overhaul would improve 25% of my time there and worsen 75% of my time there. One way of looking at it.

I would bet that a lot of people come with the first thought to hunt but switch to mine for a break or change. I would doubt there are so many who do it the other way around.

Hope thats useful.

Level 30 Prospector, angel/shad, adj v1, urban

for Hunters Like Queeg, which Domes do you actually hunt in? Which Domes is THICK SPawn Critical? OR is it not critical? For example, I rarely see anyone hunting the Ambulimax in DOme 1, So what happens if I Minimize the Spawn completely but max Maturity to Stalker or at least high end? Would that make it work for both the miners and fun for hunting trips?

That would be excellent (maybe not quite stalker) but yes a boost in the maturity in dome 1 with less density would be much better imo.

Ohh I got all excited then.

(impact on events might not be as positive though)

Large Scale Mob Density Reduction Completed

Dome 1 Ambulimax - 50%
Dome 2 Fungoid -50%
Dome 3 all - 50%
Dome 4 Atrox young - 50%
DOme 5 same

Dome 6 - Caperon - 75%
Dome 7 - exterminated 1 EXO spawn (youngs)
Dome 8 - All - 65%
Dome 9 Same (Event Dome)
Dome 10 Same

Dome 11 - Molusk maturity - 30%
Dome 12-15 Event Domes (same)

Dome 16 - Daspletor -25%
Dome 17 Dasp - 50%
Dome 18 - Cornotorain -50% Argos - 90%
Dome 19 - Corno and Atrox -80%
Dome 20 - Corno andAtrox - 50%

This has greatly thinned out the herds... Although I have left maturities the same, so I easily can boost the mobs for events if needed. Hopefully should make CND much more accesible to miners... i will of course be watching the numbers carefully to see if it impacts the turnover positively. Good Luck!

Also mobs may not reduce until they have been killed first and do not respawn, So drag them to the Turrets if u want to get rid of them

Sorry was posting as I read through ... and just got to this. I will try it of course but this looks pretty extreme. I thought you were tweeking it (i.e. 5 or 10%) to adjust the balance a bit, not trying to fix something that wasn't broken!! Will post proper feedback once I've tried it.

In the last few days, I decided to go to CND. When I got there, i was there for a few hours, got my first hof, but decided the big-but-not-as-many-claims mining wasn't that great. Went down to Calypso, realised how shit it was mining there, went to CND, lost loads of money, came back to Calypso, currently losing money here on Eudoria..

Maybe I should just craft:D

Hey ND

Was in the CR the other night when you asked about the domes, but I was pretty slow spitting out a response and you were already gone.

I think the reduction looks more extreme in print than it actually is.

1 and 2 seem to be a bit more reasonable now imo. There are still a lot of Ambuli, and shrooms, but more reasonable numbers and navigating is a bit easier. Actually made it towards the centre of dome 2 for the first time ever! Still surrounded and had to kill a few off, but that's reasonable imo.

Haven't done every dome yet, but from what I’ve seen so far, the numbers seem reasonable to me in the domes I have visited. The only one I have not checked out yet, is dome 8 , but I’ll try it out tonight.

so far, i think the DOmes are working out too, please keep the feedback coming..

so far, i think the DOmes are working out too, please keep the feedback coming..

Domes seem great currently, though Dome 3 is still keraaaazy dense.

The mobs are weak in there, and I haven't hunted, so I can't really comment on how good / bad the density is for anybody shooting them.

I don't really mine much, so no comments.

Just one point though, apologies if someone else has already said it - the poll results are possibly a bit biased - given the title of the thread, its more likely a miner will look at this thread than a hunter.

I have been able to make it through a few domes I was not able to before. Can't comment on dome 4, I went in there last night and saw NO mobs. I was all "WTF"? Not until I made it to the other side of the dome did I see every single Trox in one big mass...lol

Anyhow, I am still exploring domes I used to avoid. So far mining as far as how much of a dome I can mine is much better. The spawns also seem resonable for hunters as well. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of big ass Trox, Corns and Dasps.

Only one thing to add to my vote ...

Too high argo maturity in dome #18.
Armor and weapon setup don't really matter ... what matters most to me is ped spent defending a claim (or myself for that matter) while mining.

Argo Spawn in 18 has been minimized? You guys prefer exisitng Spawn to be lower maturity... not many in there as is

Argo Spawn in 18 has been minimized? You guys prefer exisitng Spawn to be lower maturity... not many in there as is

I am yet to do a hunting run through the domes... but the max maturity argos are the perfect match for the space bulls..there were'nt enough in there to begin with ... i'm dreading what it's like now :p

Will post comments...soon

Last edited:
for Hunters Like Queeg, which Domes do you actually hunt in? Which Domes is THICK SPawn Critical? OR is it not critical? For example, I rarely see anyone hunting the Ambulimax in DOme 1, So what happens if I Minimize the Spawn completely but max Maturity to Stalker or at least high end? Would that make it work for both the miners and fun for hunting trips?

Everytime i got to CND i always spend most of my time there hunting in DOME 1. i also do i little minning in all domes. If your going to max the Maturity stop at around old/provider, most averagre hunters wont be able to go much higher.

thanks guys this is very help helpful, due to the accounting system its very difficult to measure the activity in any particular Dome , but this is truly revealing...

I'm starting to see a pattern that Except for the Unique Mobs very few come to hunt exclusively at CND, except during events... IS that really true?
I will be watching this Poll very carefully, if this is the case, the miners can expect Quite an Overhaul in their favor

Good initiative ND, and sry for not reading all posts, but a comment on the above:
I think you are right. I am only hunter, have an apt on CND, and enjoy going up every now and then - but yes, I go there 90% for dome 18, 5% for dome 10, 5% for dome 16. Dome 18 just became the best ever hunting ground on EU after you added the big argos. I know many who think so (and some who disagree).

I do occasional runs in other domes, but, honestly, I would be just as happy if they were weighted towards miners (which is why I reply here).

However, you have a unique! event system up there for hunting events because events encompass multiple domes (mobs). Utilise that. No easy choice I guess :)

+rep to ND for taking such a democratic approach to running his business :)

Very Brief Comments on hunting (only the ones i hunt in regularly)

Dome 19. Went on a team hunt a week ago (after dasps stopped paying). we cleared the entire dome in about 30 minutes, respawn wasn't fast enough. Now there are 20% of the mobs in there before.

Dome 18 - run the entire dome without seeing a mob.

Dome 20 - much better (not insane spawn) for old-provider space bulls. Wish there were bigger trox though (alpha, occasional OA) as the trox are actually annoyingly small in comparison. for reference an alpha trox is easier than a cornoanterion young (dmg distribution). I wouldn't mind 18 the way it is if 20 was traded with mob density.

Dome 13 think this is going to take a long time to clear out the 300 strong cloud of merp+berycled :p

dome 6 - perfect balance. dome is runnable (no wall of caps) and i can clear a group of caps and get nice hits :)
Dome 15 - as with 13, a legion of allophyll that can't be cleared
Dome 14 - this is ok, but if there was more than one hunter in this dome... spawn is too sparse to hunt (though my usual mining tactics worked i.e run through the thickest spawn)
dome 12 - no walls of neconu -this is fine.
dome 11 - maturity spot on for longu, but if i actually want to hunt them i would need a map compass and packed lunch to find any. Don't really understand why spawn was reduced here you can drop a probe at a longu's feet and it won't aggro.

I guess CL tonite might clear up some issues...needless to say i can;t hunt here anymore :\

Back