Mining Amp Efficiency.

Dorsai

Elite
Society
Supremacy Reign.
I have been thinking.....

According to the Wiki, an Oreamp OA-101 (L) has an efficiency of 2.5

Now I will assume that means 2.5%.

It can't mean every deposit is 2.5 times larger, as I don't experiance that.

Efficiency is the ability to turn one thing into something else.

So a machine that turns wood into paper with 50% efficiency will take 50 units of wood, and make 25 units of paper, and waste 25 units of wood.

If the efficiency is calculated on weight, 50Kg of wood gives 25kg of paper and 25Kg waste.

If the efficiancy is calculted on vlaue, $50 wood will result in $25 in paper.

ETC.

An OA-101 has 2.5 efficiency.

Is that 2.5%? I think so.

The best amp (109) is 100 efficient.

So, that leads me to believe that the efficiency is not the amount the size is increased, but the chance of it being increased.

So when using an amp with 100 efficincy 100% of your finds will be bigger.

when using an amp with 2.5, 2.5% of your finds will be bigger.

The next question is how much bigger?

Who knows?

As i already posted in the "Is this even possible ? " thread, IMO the efficiency means the 1/10 of the % it will add to the deposit (Again... sounds stupid but mobs have the same pattern with Stamina = 1/10 of health)

This way a OA101 with 2.5 efficiency would add 25%, OA102 would add 50%, OA103 100% etc etc...

This way it would be possible to find for example Medium deposits with OA105 in CND (see the other thread) or Tiny deposits with MA103 in calypso ?

EDIT: Altough i do like your idea aswell, +rep. Lets see what others have to say about this :)

Rick-Chi said:
As i already posted in the "Is this even possible ? " thread, IMO the efficiency means the 1/10 of the % it will add to the deposit (Again... sounds stupid but mobs have the same pattern with Stamina = 1/10 of health)

This way a OA101 with 2.5 efficiency would add 25%, OA102 would add 50%, OA103 100% etc etc...

This way it would be possible to find for example Medium deposits with OA105 in CND (see the other thread) or Tiny deposits with MA103 in calypso ?

EDIT: Altough i do like your idea aswell, +rep. Lets see what others have to say about this :)

Well, after comparing your conclusions with my own observations (which are quite thorough, as i write down every find), i came to conclusion, that you are very close to the truth.

Let me state the facts that i have observed.
The usual find for me while using unamped is V (Small). [By "usual" i mean occuring the most in good area. To put in other words, it's "average" find.]
The usual find with OA-101 is VI (Modest).

So, if we take average value of V class deposit - 3.75 [(3+4.5)/2] and multiply it by 1.25 (125%), we get 4.68, that is class VI deposit. If we take max value of V, 4.5, then we get 5.62... and it is again VI class deposit. But i find VII class with oa-101 quite often as well... so that's why i say that you are close to the truth...

the same calculations with OA-103. Average value of V turns into 7.5 (class VII), max value turns into 9.00 (class VIII). And VIII is usual find with OA-103 for me. So, quite close to the truth again.

I have already discussed smallest possible finds with amps in other thread ("Is this even possible?"). And concerning that, i think that it is the case when class I is affected by amp. Using your theory, and taking max value of class I deposit, it all seems correct. [oa-101 case: 1*1.25=1.25(class III), oa-103: 1*2.00=4.00 (class IV).

Well, i just hope it doesn't sound too confused.

What's the decay per click with the amp?

I believe amps with 1 ped decay makes ur find 2x larger than it should have been (1 ped TT bomb + 1 ped TT amp spent). 2x cost = 2x find.
Amps decaying 2 and 3 peds gives 3x and 4x the deposit size accordingly.

Anything else would pretty much ruin the economy since then high lvl amps would make you come back with more TT than you go out with. Markup is prices traded between players, so the way MA looks at the economy TT is all that matters. TT got to stay the same .. well thats my 2 pecs.

Btw Rick-Chi: WTF is my axe doing in your signature? :confused:

Hi.
I´m thinking that I culd be so if and amp got 2,5 in effectivity It means that the loot increase by 25% so the loot will be 125% instead of 100% as usually. (same as u there)

An OreAmp OA-101 (L) (acording to pe-wiki) has 50 pec decay so if u wuld go after that the loot shuld be 50% bigger then a usual loot. But when MA is getting more and more greedy, I´m gonna go with the 125% theory.

But I wuld strongly recomend that u got the skills before using an amp because some miners said that it´s harder to find loots when u got an amp on if u don´t got the skills. ;)

Akoz said:
Btw Rick-Chi: WTF is my axe doing in your signature? :confused:

Uh oh Busted! :laugh:

I took some screenies months ago, when we took our "noob beacon trip". I believe Nicole was with us with your Wonderful weapon :p. Just thought i looked coolish behind behind the axe, so i just did my best windows paint act, and added it to my sig.

Hope you dont mind? :)

Rick-Chi said:
Uh oh Busted! :laugh:

I took some screenies months ago, when we took our "noob beacon trip". I believe Nicole was with us with your Wonderful weapon :p. Just thought i looked coolish behind behind the axe, so i just did my best windows paint act, and added it to my sig.

Hope you dont mind? :)

If u pays monthly fee for using the screen of his axe then....no he doesnt mind ;)

Akoz said:

Decay on ANY amp is its efficiency# x .20ped ...or Eff% of 20ped.

That is the best, consistant, and only use I have found for the effeciency # on amps. This info is consistant for any/every mining amp made.

As far as how much an amp increases a deposit....lvl1's = 1 level, lvl3's = 3 levels....etc. Meaning a V size with a 103 then becomes a VIII....and so on. When you find a "tiny" with an amp, then if you had no amp then the deposit would not of been detectable...and would of been a "no resource found".

This may be incorrect, but it seems most consistant to my own and others findings thus far...although not very "scientific" or detailed, the results seem reasonably close to the same....for me anyway :)

Morg said:
As far as how much an amp increases a deposit....lvl1's = 1 level, lvl3's = 3 levels....etc. Meaning a V size with a 103 then becomes a VIII....and so on. When you find a "tiny" with an amp, then if you had no amp then the deposit would not of been detectable...and would of been a "no resource found".

No I think Akoz must be right ;)

The +3 levels for a 103 may be a good approximation due to the way the levels go up in size early on. But there'd be something seriously amiss if a tool that only triples the cost per bomb/probe could turn a 1200 Vast (XXI) into a 26000 Gigantic (XXIV).

Akoz said:

I believe amps with 1 ped decay makes ur find 2x larger than it should have been (1 ped TT bomb + 1 ped TT amp spent). 2x cost = 2x find.
Amps decaying 2 and 3 peds gives 3x and 4x the deposit size accordingly.

Anything else would pretty much ruin the economy since then high lvl amps would make you come back with more TT than you go out with. Markup is prices traded between players, so the way MA looks at the economy TT is all that matters. TT got to stay the same .. well thats my 2 pecs.

Your presumptions are quite correct as well. I won't post detailed calculations, all i can say that with your method results seems as close as possible to what i get in the field myself.

And it's definetely not levels, as Jimmy B pointed out. :wise:

Back