Mining Event until March 22nd

We are all glad you get a good tasty bid of the cake, but damnit.. Do we have to leave the room for you to finish it? You watched us eat!
lol my favourite quote of the week, possibly year! :D

I quite like a bit of mining now and then so im sure ill try my luck and drop some bombs. Is CND included in this event, its a bit vague? Would be nice if FPC can clarify that!

You didn't hear any miner/crafter complaining about all the loot h anded out to hunters? hmm, better go get those ears checked :laugh:

Sure it's nice to get skills, but it just means I unlock miner 10days earlier than without it, so that's no biggy. Those land areas on the other hand are very much a biggy ;)

Haha ...amusing to imagine someone swapping ANY of these items for POE or LA or shadow etc previously given to hunters only.

I do craft, hunt and mine...mainly hunting though. I'm very pleased to see something for miners (not so much crafters wice the uber ones get a lot of discoveries which are limited to a very few high skilled guys)...the skill bonus should be a nice boost to all crafters, and matter more than to hunters or miners.

Whining will kill this short lived reverse nerf seem a poor idea and it may not happen again...FFS it's not a nerf, it's a bonus...and anyone can hit a crafting machine and get involved...ulike most of the hunting events which are won by the same fucking people almost every time due to uber gear, masses of peds, and some being full time EU players.

GL to all, one click can win something here...regardless of skills. There are no dangerous crafting machines. ;)

Buzz Slither or Auktuma may be required to craft any BP you loot if you have no skills worth talking about...so wisdom would suggest being polite just in case. :laugh:

t

Its about the fact that there was something for everyone in these hunting events,Yes the hunters had the bulk of it but everyone got the skills.

This time there is just nothing at all for the hunters.

:scratch: Its not like MA just came up with this idea to have profession specific events out of the blue including the skill gain portion of it this week. :confused:

I am pretty sure Marco told us this a while ago. So this time the crafters and miners get a little boost and some interesting items next time it just might be hunters only or some other combo. Geez when they announce a beautification event of some sort with 2X skills will everyone gripe then as well? lol.

Just like any event, participate or not its up to you. If you want to take advantage of the skill gains pick up some mining gear or craft some filters or something. If not then hunt as normal until the next hunting focused event or crafting focused event.

So far I have yet to see any Carramone like mining equipment or Lord Kraster mining un(L) mining amps. From the scope of things this is just a small "Re-introducing Genesis Star" event with some interesting items to kick it off. Give me a quest to find Frontier ExcaPro Ventures secret stash of mining goods or the lost mine of Bubba Backhammer or the Illuminox secret hidey hole of items that make you go "Whhhhhhooooaaaa!" and I will be dropping so many probes/bombs no hunter will ever want to be near me lol.

Sometimes we get an event that encompassed all professions, sometimes just a couple like now, everyone will get their chance all in good time.

If you dabble a little into everything then you can take advantage of any event FPC implements.

this is one event I shall let pass :)

It'd kill all my cash in about... 20 minutes.

Just another even to dry out our pedcards and screw up the MU of items.
eMine armours looks awful and lack of creativity.
(C) Armours should be introduced if the MA designteam cant come up with any new concepts.
Less Dry-out-ourped events and more uses those expensive colour/texture skillings
Less arguements between hunters and miners : )
MA is very creative in making our players flying to eachother throats and make peds out of it.

:scratch: Its not like MA just came up with this idea to have profession specific events out of the blue including the skill gain portion of it this week. :confused:

I am pretty sure Marco told us this a while ago. So this time the crafters and miners get a little boost and some interesting items next time it just might be hunters only or some other combo. Geez when they announce a beautification event of some sort with 2X skills will everyone gripe then as well? lol.

Just like any event, participate or not its up to you. If you want to take advantage of the skill gains pick up some mining gear or craft some filters or something. If not then hunt as normal until the next hunting focused event or crafting focused event.

So far I have yet to see any Carramone like mining equipment or Lord Kraster mining un(L) mining amps. From the scope of things this is just a small "Re-introducing Genesis Star" event with some interesting items to kick it off. Give me a quest to find Frontier ExcaPro Ventures secret stash of mining goods or the lost mine of Bubba Backhammer or the Illuminox secret hidey hole of items that make you go "Whhhhhhooooaaaa!" and I will be dropping so many probes/bombs no hunter will ever want to be near me lol.

Sometimes we get an event that encompassed all professions, sometimes just a couple like now, everyone will get their chance all in good time.

If you dabble a little into everything then you can take advantage of any event FPC implements.

I also remember someone saying something about profession specific events and tbh i dont see a problem with that.

I'm not sure why you quoted me as i was just clarifying others points perhaps i wasn't clear enough.

For the record i have no problem with how they are running this one apart from the fact that these items are found in "unusual finds" and considering you need 6 unusual finds i don't see anyone getting that lucky and looting all pieces so it's likely the items will go to who ever has the last bid ie: battle of the ped cards.

Personally I think it makes perfect sense to include crafting in a mining event,Someone has to use the mats or the MU will fall through the floor.

As i said I'm not even sure another bonus skill event in all professions is a good idea anyway.Sure it be nice but it'd be nice to sit on my butt all day eating crap and smoking but its probably not the smartest thing to do. :D

From what I understand (apologies if I've lost the plot), this event is very much open to everyone, and is far from profession specific because it doesn't favour the higher skilled, nor the users of uber turf blasters in any way.

Do I have this right?

1. Amps won't boost one's chances at finding a dusty Genesis Star buried treasure?

2. Uber hunters at level 2 Prospecting can pick up a TT finder and 300 bombs and have just as good a shot at scoring a prize as Squall would up in Dome 14 with his Vrx3K?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an advocate of events that reward only the players at the upper echelons, cause MA really needs to keep the low to mid level Avs hungry to keep at it, but I think we'd all be outraged if someone with a Korss 350 had scored a Jenny helmet off a low level drone in that last war against the toaster ovens.

I'm happy to see innovations of nearly any kind from MA considering the ever glacial rate of EU development over the last few years. However, as a miner primarily, this event, both in terms of prize incentive (no Jenny helmets on offer here, not by a longshot) and the lack of any reward for accumulated mining skills whatsoever (again, if I'm wrong about this plz correct me) leaves me largely uninspired.

I'll take the 2X skillgain though (oh, wait a sec... after looking at the markup on Valurite atm I guess Red Herrings are the new mob swimming in Calypso waters? Hope they don't bite :)

Last edited:
I want a pony.:yay:

PS- I think that the x2 should be extended to all professions, but to be fair FPC did say that future skill bonus events would be targeted at professions. For me the Banana-Armour isn't enough of a temptation to look for 6 needles in a haystack, so i'll just do as i have been doing. Good luck to those who do go for it. :)

Does the skillgain affect the skills only by mining activity, or does the skills that is used for mining/crafting AND hunting (intelligence, serendipity, perception etc.) also gain twice as fast through for example fapping thus affecting intelligence and serendipity or hunting, thus affecting even more skills?

Is it just that the hunting skills aint gained with 2x speed?

lol dual skills

if ther skills cut be youst as toilet paper ther wod be good for sumthing

for ma haw killt more and more of ther goals in skills becures you rely dont ned skills eny more only chip up so you got high hp and then all is fin

so i dont giv much for dual skill gain its only killing ther market for skills to so ma can take more in ther pockets

just my vison of what happens in ma her

just se ming lol you haw MAX ther ubber ubber tools when you ar level 61 proc lol that tortly crazy and can find all in game if you take hunt you ned to haw level 100 to max enything ther so rely hop ma wakes up and do sumthing her so pepols can haw a goal in game + ma starts to make skills work agin in sted of just drop easy and easy tools and guns so no one ned skills

i am just a litel pist off sory

I'm sure there will be skill bonus events for hunters only so why are they complaining now?

Nobody is forced to be hunter only, you can always grab some bombs and go blast away for bonus :laugh:

lol i am a miner to

i am maxt on all tools in ming in game so its not hunter ther complains her

its ther way ma is doing things and ther suck

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an advocate of events that reward only the players at the upper echelons, cause MA really needs to keep the low to mid level Avs hungry to keep at it, but I think we'd all be outraged if someone with a Korss 350 had scored a Jenny helmet off a low level drone in that last war against the toaster ovens.

Ehm... i guess you missed what mobs the carramone parts and red bananas actually dropped from during the botwars... Which was pretty much the full range incl attacker and a lowlvl droka etc up through SEG, bigbulk and The Eviscerator. Iirc one "bananabp" dropped to someone skilling ek1000 which is hardly "higher lvl" stuff either.
So no, it mostly took pure blind luck like usual, being in the right place/right time etc mattered a f*ckload more than time spent, what skills you had or what equipment you were using thats for sure.
---
Regarding the 2x i strongly dislike any sort of "skillbonus" events by now, mostly since the amount and frequency of them is so insanely high. 1-2 times a year maybe ok, but 10 or more time per year if you keep this pace up? bad idea... Mostly since it devaluates everyones avatars.

Dont forget since were all pretty much getting the same bonus there really isnt any advantage in it since its the same for all, at worst it even leaves people behind that cant play during certain periods or simply cant afford to "skill hard" during same.
If the average skill-lvl ingame increases 5 lvls it wont help you being 55 instead of 50 when its over since MA wont magically get more loot to pass out to its now higher average skilled playerbase now will they... (hope that makes sense lol, not sure how to write it any other way).

On top of that it can totally destroy the efforts some made in the "expensive side professions" since its suddenly very fast and easy to get to for instance robotology in scanning, lvl30 in taming or whatever that has taken the people that achieved it with "normal" skillgain considerably more time and money.
"But they can just get further ahead by skilling hard during 3X" you say? Again who says they have the money and/or time to do that in the specific period these events are planned for...?

Besides that i cant really see what peoples problem is with the 2x only being for miners and crafters this time around. FPC clearly stated there would be events with additional gains for only some professions. So yeah it might be crafting and mining only this time, next time it might be hunting or taming only, who knows?
Let time show if they balance it decently instead of acting like "all events should be the same for everyone every time".
It would hardly even be a mining/crafting event at all if those professions werent affected more than hunting would it? especially considering the prizes are hardly that "special" (its a regular low/medium lvl armor, only 10 sets given out and you need insane luck to find one of the 10 "rare" parts needed to claim one.)

Again cudos to FPC for listening to miners and crafters and deciding to focus a bit more on making events that arent 100% hunter driven, however i really hope this is just a "testphase" and sort of a start of better things to come since you really seem to have missed a bit with the end result this time...

Well this event certainly does lack the luster one would come to think we deserve... however at least it is something for us noob miners who dont have maxed skills (or the peds to get us there) and would like to rise up to the next level of skills to use a better finder :D

It will however hopefully help the prices rise on MV for some of the ore/materials as ppl start clikin like crazy to hopefully loot something... but over all :rolleyes:

gl to all whom decides to participate :wtg:

The robo wars was at 4/5 different places and I think one banana dropped between Troy and Ithica, close to half dropped from SEG's alone, that is not random, that is selective placement.

As far as skill bonuses go, I thought most were unhappy with the skill nerf or was that just the group not at or near the top already?

There is a big advantage for those who play hard during the skill bonuses and that is what bothers a few high level players, who for the most part got to that point under a completely different set of rules.

The adavntage is that those who are active and play are rewarded vs those who don't play. Also since it is very likely at some point high end content will be added and the skill system un-nerfed up to the new standard, lower players do indeed catch up somewhat during these events and it seems that is part of MA's plan.

Last edited:
I switched to mainly miner/crafter a while ago.

When this event started I upped my ante and looted a com unit and crafted like a madman trying to get a bp.

Now another skill gain event announced. As you can see from my last paragraph the event was enough.

Following the topic you can clearly see many people who flamed those that suggested that skill events should be restricted to special events once or twice a year to being heavy advocates of that view now themselves. The more this continues the harder it will be for the economy to bounce back.

Following the topic you can clearly see many people who flamed those that suggested that skill events should be restricted to special events once or twice a year to being heavy advocates of that view now themselves. The more this continues the harder it will be for the economy to bounce back.

Counting you there are three posters who don't seem to like the skill bonus in this thread. Perhaps a couple dozen who do like skill events.

The biggest complaint seems to be that hunters are not included.

In fact I think the vast majority of players would like the old skill nerf completely undone and lots of skill events leading up to that date.

Maybe I am missing something but I don't clearly see people suggesting limiting skill events at all.

Maybe I am missing something but I don't clearly see people suggesting limiting skill events at all.

I said if you follow the topic not the thread. There are many threads on skill events pros and cons. Look through the threads and you will find many.

CE2 will save us and MA as well.
I guess MA isnt in best situation. CE2 is probably costly as hell, delayed for more than half of year(at least) and expenses growing but income not. So, MA came with events(one shortly after other).
To motivate players spend more they also came with multiple skill gains.
As it is in minners event now.

There were huge expectations about this event.
Its main goal - to introduce new minning armor and possibility to loot its unique unL version while minning, wasnt as apreciated as MA expected. First - they choose bad type of reward. Minning Armor isnt somethig that are minners missing. There is lot of armors on the market and everyone can easy buy what he needs or what he can.
But, if we were looking for few unL amps int his days, that - in my opinion - will really change it and ppl should depo more. Having unL amp is huge advantege and chance of having one is worth making multiple depos.

This is in tight corelation with second important thing - bad loots. As I said - I think ppl should accept worst loot if the reward was something what is really usefull (unL for example).

Results now are bad not only for us(lowered loot for nothing) but mainly for MA(not as many depoes as they expected).
Adding multiple skill gain was only way how to save this event and keep ppl making depos.

Last thing i have on my mind is that MA should listen to miners more carefully after introducing miners armor. They had chance to come up with some changes on it before opening ceremony, but they dont use it.

So main problem is still here - we are looking for something what we dont need and that is why have many miners minimal will to depo more while accepting the fact, that minnig is turning into NRF show.

Btw, when Im talking about unL amps i dont mean 109s or so.
Marco should refresh his crew. This should be good event and MA should profit on it.
But minning armor...why?

Last edited:
*Walks in an sees Bertha Bot*

Oh another event, hmmm mining and crafting this time ?

Oh well had enough events for my hunting already.
Still trying to recover from those. :D

*Hears a rumbling noise behind her and looks.*

Ooops ! :eek:

*Sees an angry crowd running to her, glup.*

Pitchforks, shovels, hammers. ??
I’m out off here... you’re on your own this one Bertha !

*Runs to the door and disappears.*

No skill bonus for hunters this time ?
Good, the last 2 bonus events have been more then enough for me. :rolleyes:

CE2 will save us and MA as well.
I guess MA isnt in best situation. CE2 is probably costly as hell, delayed for more than half of year(at least) and expenses growing but income not. So, MA came with events(one shortly after other).
To motivate players spend more they also came with multiple skill gains.
As it is in minners event now.

There were huge expectations about this event.
Its main goal - to introduce new minning armor and possibility to loot its unique unL version while minning, wasnt as apreciated as MA expected. First - they choose bad type of reward. Minning Armor isnt somethig that are minners missing. There is lot of armors on the market and everyone can easy buy what he needs or what he can.
But, if we were looking for few unL amps int his days, that - in my opinion - will really change it and ppl should depo more. Having unL amp is huge advantege and chance of having one is worth making multiple depos.

This is in tight corelation with second important thing - bad loots. As I said - I think ppl should accept worst loot if the reward was something what is really usefull (unL for example).

Results now are bad not only for us(lowered loot for nothing) but mainly for MA(not as many depoes as they expected).
Adding multiple skill gain was only way how to save this event and keep ppl making depos.

Last thing i have on my mind is that MA should listen to miners more carefully after introducing miners armor. They had chance to come up with some changes on it before opening ceremony, but they dont use it.

So main problem is still here - we are looking for something what we dont need and that is why have many miners minimal will to depo more while accepting the fact, that minnig is turning into NRF show.

Btw, when Im talking about unL amps i dont mean 109s or so.
Marco should refresh his crew. This should be good event and MA should profit on it.
But minning armor...why?

This is spot on what I and most people I talked to thinks ! This event doesnt reward being skilled and I cant understand why MA thinks we need a new set of armor !? My main complaint tho is the lack of carrots to make us go on, with markups as well as return, going down.
Most of RELICS either craft or dont play ( or play less) atm and I think that clearly shows this event lacks something :scratch2:

Last edited:
only point in it i can se is to chras skill prices lik hell
ther sum of us ther haw workt yers to gain ther skills we got now ma givs them out for free and tortlu destroy ther market that mens ma put a lot of mony direkt in ther pocket when ther prices drops meny 1000%

dosent matter if it was a coloring event its skills ther stil get crasht in prices wild ther last haf yer haw coast me lik 500k peds in loos just on skill prices becures of ma and ther stupit iders

its not very bright of ma to do to fuck up all oconomi in entropia it will hit you all ther day you wont to sel sum out you will get a lot less you things you got and payt a lot higher amout for so cant se why sum pepols find it grat i se it as a failer lik hell

ther drain you mony whit this

I am mainly a Hunter but i like mining a lot as it allows me to increase my HP for a decent cost (not taking into account that 80% of the time i do profit from the mining runs :D).

So to all whining hunters...
Just grab those damn finders for the next 10 days, increase your HP 2X faster and stop flaming.

:twocents:

Arkonen

lol if you ar saying i am whining you most be stupit look at my tracker

i am lik nr 20 miner in game right now so
what haw that whit hunter to do

Arkonen

lol if you ar saying i am whining you most be stupit look at my tracker

i am lik nr 20 miner in game right now so
what haw that whit hunter to do

This was not directed to you, it was just a general remark.

Skill bonus is only for Mining & Crafting ? So what ?
MA is "giving" a skill bonus in certain professions, it is up to you to take advantage of it ... or not.

I'm with Cobra on this.

Hunters should be relieved they aren't going to be suckered into depositing into another black hole.

I hunt and mine, and my loot from both has crashed since the new year, both during and outside the previous events.

Events like this are self-defeating, skill prices fall, people deposit less between events, and it makes MA look desperate for cash.

If MA want people to deposit, they need to reset the loot.

If MA want players to enjoy Events, they need to reform the in-game Events mechanics.

In any case, Hunters will benefit because the prices of L weapons will fall. And if they haven't any mining skills, they can get some cheap HP if they do some mining.

Last edited:
If anyone at MA are actually reading this thread....

For the love of Mining.... :)

Please please add mining in space with spaceships already! I've been waiting for years and years, since hangars were first introduced! Make me a happy bunny please? :)

Oh and while you're at it, add space hunting as well! Got to make use of those nice guns on the spaceships =)

Best Regards

If anyone at MA are actually reading this thread....

For the love of Mining.... :)

Please please add mining in space with spaceships already! I've been waiting for years and years, since hangars were first introduced! Make me a happy bunny please? :)

Oh and while you're at it, add space hunting as well! Got to make use of those nice guns on the spaceships =)

Best Regards

http://www.eveonline.com/

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

^ this....

LOL best space mining around, till a gang of interceptors and HAC's find you.

Back