Mining Event Update

just got another one, but no item :(

Only had one SOOTO , second one ever, and no part.
looking in auction it seems that there are quite a few parts found, especially if one looks at how fast the prices drop.

Still, even though the parts seem to be very rare, I would assume they drop as often as the parts during the invasion.Just not that easy to cycle the same PEDS in probes and bombs as in ammo :D

Why would i get any anyway :rolleyes:

Well, Francois, u get all the ores, tilted the game, ofc you have found just one "out of the ordinary". :laugh:
Ok, sarcastic mode off, i`d like to see the income sheet for this event...bet "the house" won bigtime on this one :D

Ok, sarcastic mode off, i`d like to see the income sheet for this event...bet "the house" won bigtime on this one

but not as well as they had hoped otherwise it wouldn't have been extended indefinitely and the number of sets of armour doubled.

but not as well as they had hoped otherwise it wouldn't have been extended indefinitely and the number of sets of armour doubled.

If your interpretation is correct, then they're some greedy assholes. And I don't doubt that.

If your interpretation is correct, then they're some greedy assholes. And I don't doubt that.

no, how can you say that, they`re nice people kidnaped by an alien race who likes moneyz :D

I have been using this 'event' :D to skill up big time... Overall 6 lvls in 10 days... I have had no special finds, no parts and no robot space craft... :yay:

Also only 4 globals:rolleyes:

Cheers, Nobleone :beerchug:

Do you get out of the ordinarys on CND ?

yeh, ive hit a couple on cnd..while back now, but it happens :)
Regretably it also seems to happen that the event has found me with much less a hit rate than normal :(. and NO I am not trying to 'blame' 'others' for the poor hit rate I am experiencing. Have been minning far too long not to notice that durring the last three 'events' my skills ahve increased alot...BUT the finds are truely worse, for me. Am not suggesting that MA have turned the hit button off, nor that it is intentinal. However the hits are worse. Possibly due to the larger amoutn of minning going on? or more people going through the areas that I mine...and maybe not through the areas you mine...who knows..
gl and all the best,

Indica

The hit rate for me been very bad too. been had 50% TT ack from the last 2 runs.. :mad::mad::mad:

Hunting is great fun but I actually like mining more so PLEASE MINDARK....END IT !!! ;)

yeh, ive hit a couple on cnd..while back now, but it happens :)
Regretably it also seems to happen that the event has found me with much less a hit rate than normal :(. and NO I am not trying to 'blame' 'others' for the poor hit rate I am experiencing. Have been minning far too long not to notice that durring the last three 'events' my skills ahve increased alot...BUT the finds are truely worse, for me. Am not suggesting that MA have turned the hit button off, nor that it is intentinal. However the hits are worse. Possibly due to the larger amoutn of minning going on? or more people going through the areas that I mine...and maybe not through the areas you mine...who knows..
gl and all the best,

Indica

I think you are right.. The reason many people are seeing a lower hitrate.. is beacuse there are so many more people mining.. This would also explain why my runs in PVP4 have been great.. As you dont get as many miners in here :)

I can proudly report that mining at CND also is "great" lol...

I have nothing against the event, haven't noticed my return rate being different than normal. But I do not require even globals, cool to have, ok without as well. Not making a profit for sure, but it's nice to see HP bar moving at a nice rate. For me they can end up this event when I hit 250 HP ^^ Which will take probably another 3 years or so :D

Yeah, it's not splendid one, but can you actually say that any of MA's events is splendid one? Not within this engine and MA's game mastering possibilities. Maybe with cryengine they implement themselves more tools for event managment...

As I say, ATHs do not exist, uber hofs do not exist and out of ordinary do not exist. So why bother with them anyway?

Of those of you complaining about bad returns, how many of you are running around using bigger amps than you would normally, or simply taking less care with your mining in order to do it quicker?

Of those of you complaining about bad returns, how many of you are running around using bigger amps than you would normally, or simply taking less care with your mining in order to do it quicker?

Not me. Mining is just horrible right now. Sub 50% returns for several weeks now has all but drained my ped card. Hell, I even globaled last night on a 150 ped run and still lost 25 ped. How is that even possible? :scratch2:

Not me. Mining is just horrible right now. Sub 50% returns for several weeks now has all but drained my ped card. Hell, I even globaled last night on a 150 ped run and still lost 25 ped. How is that even possible? :scratch2:

And you're mining in exactly the same way that you normally would?

I can't comment directly on the mining, except to say that the one small run I did was a profit run (despite being entirely Oil and Lyst). Mostly I've been crafting to take advantage of the skills and have had perfectly normal results, taking my usual conservative skilling approach (i.e. using mainly low-cost BPs that I have a good CoS on).

In the robot war event, I believe most of the people complaining about bad loot were the people who bought big guns at over-inflated prices and hunted out of their depth at event spawns where it was almost impossible not to attract the attention of several mobs at once.

So I'm just wondering if a similar thing is coming into play here. I know if I was wanting to maximise mining skill gain during the double-skill period, I would have used amps, which is something that I don't normally do very often (I am a noob miner :D), which would have made it more of a gamble and increased the likelihood of me sustaining a loss.

I'm doing it exactly the same as I normally would, Oleg. That means no amps.

And you're mining in exactly the same way that you normally would?

I can't comment directly on the mining, except to say that the one small run I did was a profit run (despite being entirely Oil and Lyst). Mostly I've been crafting to take advantage of the skills and have had perfectly normal results, taking my usual conservative skilling approach (i.e. using mainly low-cost BPs that I have a good CoS on).

In the robot war event, I believe most of the people complaining about bad loot were the people who bought big guns at over-inflated prices and hunted out of their depth at event spawns where it was almost impossible not to attract the attention of several mobs at once.

So I'm just wondering if a similar thing is coming into play here. I know if I was wanting to maximise mining skill gain during the double-skill period, I would have used amps, which is something that I don't normally do very often (I am a noob miner :D), which would have made it more of a gamble and increased the likelihood of me sustaining a loss.

Yes the same as I have always been. Even been trying the most remote spots and cutting through tons of lootless mobs for long strings of NRFs and looking for new spots. Add the fact that I have not had a HOF on the planet in over 3 months you can guess why I'm even more frustrated now with the shittier returns.

I have actually made about 40-50 bucks these last 3 days.. using oa103s and gone for high markup ore as I usually do, niks, narc and so on.. the areas I have been in has not been more "drained" than usual. I have not had any OOTOs and I have probably dropped close to 1000 bombs.

when did this event start? I didnt even know of any event until I read this thread lol.. so you can loot 3 parts that you can trade for an ugly ass armour? I saw a ss of someone looting a UL oa103 and one of these parts..

Im just enjoing the extra skillgains..

I have actually made about 40-50 bucks these last 3 days.. using oa103s and gone for high markup ore as I usually do, niks, narc and so on.. the areas I have been in has not been more "drained" than usual. I have not had any OOTOs and I have probably dropped close to 1000 bombs.

when did this event start? I didnt even know of any event until I read this thread lol.. so you can loot 3 parts that you can trade for an ugly ass armour? I saw a ss of someone looting a UL oa103 and one of these parts..

Its been going on a while, I guess over two weeks now?

I've had a couple of poor days recently but overall its been pretty good for me too. I did a few days on Crafting at the start and was bleeding PEDs, so switched to mining and have done about 15k PED worth of mining since. No special parts but running a little profit at the moment, and average mining professions have jumped from lvl15 to lvl21 :)

And some nice HP gains as a result too!

Asked Frank a question during today chat session.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Back