Mining finder radius fake

The point you are making is that you are making stuff up not grounded in actual data (often contrary to existing data), and I'm being a bit more stern because you've avoided this when brought up previously. Maybe instead of making repeated blind assertions or assumptions based on assumptions, show an actual difference in outcomes through actual testing as multiple folks have given you guidance on? Just continuing to assert doesn't change anything.

At this point I do have to echo what Thark said earlier:

Your comments in this thread and elsewhere really do come across as trolling at first glance, but the more I've seen you post the more it instead comes across as needing to seek help. Obsessiveness over minute often irrelevant details, claiming you got it all figured out while ignoring key details that conflict with you, chasing "magic math", spirals, specific shapes, etc., or outright gibberish that jumps around in reasoning really do come across as behavioral issue red flags that need to be addressed. When Thark made that comment about talking to someone (mental health related), you really deflected and doubled-down saying "I actually did talk to someone regarding the math, a couple of people actually. . ." That really comes across as things definitely not being "cool". Like Thark, I don't like bringing this up in the forum, but the behavior is clearly already causing issues in these posts.

Again, that's not to attack, but to hopefully give a little reality check that even members of this community are rightfully concerned for your well-being. We're just not equipped to deal with that here. Similar to Thark, I've known people IRL that exhibited behavior that was almost identical to what I just described above about you, and they really did need to talk with a mental health provider on dealing with obsessive behaviors like that (and benefited from it). I really suggest doing the same.
File shared in my signature, play around with it..

Just download a copy and see what you think. It creates a circular matrix around the avatar, the factor for both x and y can be adjusted. The coordinate "Mine Here" is the location that is closest to the factor that you specify. Play with it.. There is something to this...

Watch out for diminishing returns, the game does not like it when you perform the same action over and over again. Oh and when you get a skill gain, you will just have to "factor" that in...

Mentally yes, thank you for your concern but this is a forum concerning Entropia Universe, not mental health. I do have a condition, I am aware of it, I always have had it. EU just brings it to the surface more easily thanks to it's focus on math.

Last edited:
1 - Minning range is define base multiplier , you can notice in finders with 54 55 55.2m its why you base multi in indoor is bigger , system force to become 22m
otherwise its not claim on ground you can just run and drop... and lets be done with this is know fact since 2017 , to be you not full bias drop same place usual lead in fuck up but anything above 5m is fine , usual i just run and drop and is work and save my half my time minning

2 - Skill gain is pointless , in old days before mindark disable this calc sum of skills are that make counts like looter in this day , notice calc become some point so complex server cant handle , and what they did to fix lag? they disable complexity on calc and introduced waves , when i start play this game my average return is 92%(circa 2008) in 2013 is around 93% in 2015 around rank 60 become 95 in 2017 96.50 (around 70-80) in 2019 before nerf my average return is 98% (nerf happen 26.08.19 in stealth nigth) and its result of 2020-2023 fck this cap

No extra theory or anything else just fuck drop

3 - Depth yes is increase average markup over time since its move in tier loot table
3.a you can argue old avg mu is high for sure .... but in this period we have Explosive introduction that make all market crash

4 - You can predict waves.... however at same you cant predict anything else , if none know about waves is 5-15 min of good markup followed by between 50min-1h10min cd with shit mu and its work across all game mechanics , usual acrosss my observation first 1min of wave is peak of loot when big rares like tridenite / ruga is come by or ESI , annd .55-.00 trend be most common wave time if you follow pyrite hofs/globals but probably you can pattern out others item to , its not skill or complex math or grind or dedication , Its timing , wave in == good loot wave out == fuck you ofcourse if play both 24h you eventual going hit some good mu ..... true question is you average mu for 24h try crush this bad waves worth? or better only play in specify time frames and min/max you markup if you can? and who cant? fuck off?

Plus you reference 2008 material , brow is 2023 minning changes at last 6-7x time since you base material of study here another one : https://web.archive.org/web/20170330042953/http://upc.gamezjunkie.com/silver/

In past i did all this overthink and try find meanifull sense but not worth is useless and when you find something make sense mindark go and mess with you
Sorry I took a look at the file ..
Hang on, you are willing to spend how much on this game ?? Whoa...

Vadio, please contact me in game, I will show you what I have and let you decide if it is of any use to you...

I dont call spend since never deposit any single usd in game.... also spend something you never going see back , is common call cycle , but same time never investment yea is weird i know
but yea my cycle project to 2020 is be around 300-400k per month before mindark nerf,,,

As i said profit on my minning run is on my bank account....(not anymore i buy house but yo its other discussion)
about you offer , feel free to add me in game , not playing much this day because this shit cap , but sometimes i login do trades , fews gamble on and move

5 - for white knigths you can argue tt 95% is base line and mindark just want trow me there , but how many times mindark say its not exist? or we can consider another mindark lie?

I dont mind they slow gradual put me in 95 but i have alot weeks or months with tt 70-75% with shit markup because waves , and try testing new stuffs like people keep saying to do... and now this soft cap in 90% , sometimes i hit 93% as you can see but rapid push me down to 89-90% again...

to no metion my last good run is december 2021 when mindark take off waves in pyrite and trow in argus , its only reason to this not worst but happynes dont long for much in 20 day +- give take(util simon ath of 60k iron) to more precise they revert argus to wave , they even add another layers and cross nerf everything else again , who mine there know whats i talk evem they never go public like me to say it

I just look old notes , is possible endure this tt 90% if you have old mu before explosive and no waves but with waves , and this kind control
Listen i know why you do that .... in my vision come with 2 simple solution util guys figure out something better

1 - Increase TT and leave this wave with alot shit that lead low avg mu its why said give me 2017 back , fews shit have waves another not . but at last this time not this insane cap on tt i see rigth now
2 - Remove Markup Waves and let see if us a miner is smart enough to map and get avg mu.... aka 2015

Last edited:
I just notice tonight that the radius is a lot larger than what it should be, its at about 4* where it should be, it looks like i have to take the sheet not back to the drawing board but refine my method with regards to using it...

Lost a ton of ped tonight (a ton being 20) thanks to my own stupidity, I must just not do it again and I broke one of my own rules... Should have used an md1 for scounting...

Will add that to the guide..

Last edited:
Lost a ton of ped tonight (a ton being 20) thanks to my own stupidity
20’ped is not enough for any meaningful data. This game plays in the forms of much bigger ped

He just uses words outside of your vocabulary.
The irony is that you’re saying that to a research statistician who’s calling out that vocabulary being applied incorrectly. Others here who have actual math or research backgrounds have been chiming in on that too. The reason a lot of us have been speaking up is so especially new miners don’t fall into the same trap you did of big words = reliable knowledge.

There is certain terminology that would be used to address things like the OP question (see the links in my sig for examples), and that’s been lacking here in addition to the main course, actual useable data. Functionally, R4tt3xx has just been beating around the bush instead of directly addressing relevant questions multiple folks have tried to give them guidance on. Trying to redirect their enthusiasm to something feasible and relevant in terms of how we’d actually teach students how to address problems exactly like this just hasn’t worked.

The problem here is when people use fancy sounding words that make it look like they know what they are talking about. It’s a kind of technobabble thing like “invert the polarity on the flux capacitor” you’d hear on a sci-fi show. Might sound fancy if you’re a kid watching TV, but folks with at least an intro physics course would know it’s just stringing words and concepts together. That or if you get a doctor and someone pretending to be one on a talk show. The doctor would be able to tell pretty quickly based on words they don’t or do use, but the audience wouldn’t pick up on most of those.

That’s what been going on here in addition to the inability to focus on data to ground assertions about how mining works. It’s a huge red flag when that happens or someone is basically hand-held on how to go about testing something and actively avoid the testing instead. Again, if someone is actually interested in doing the testing for the question at hand, the framework for it has been posted multiple times now.

The irony is that you’re saying that to a research statistician who’s calling out that vocabulary being applied incorrectly. Others here who have actual math or research backgrounds have been chiming in on that too. The reason a lot of us have been speaking up is so especially new miners don’t fall into the same trap you did of big words = reliable knowledge.

There is certain terminology that would be used to address things like the OP question (see the links in my sig for examples), and that’s been lacking here in addition to the main course, actual useable data. Functionally, R4tt3xx has just been beating around the bush instead of directly addressing relevant questions multiple folks have tried to give them guidance on. Trying to redirect their enthusiasm to something feasible and relevant in terms of how we’d actually teach students how to address problems exactly like this just hasn’t worked.

The problem here is when people use fancy sounding words that make it look like they know what they are talking about. It’s a kind of technobabble thing like “invert the polarity on the flux capacitor” you’d hear on a sci-fi show. Might sound fancy if you’re a kid watching TV, but folks with at least an intro physics course would know it’s just stringing words and concepts together. That or if you get a doctor and someone pretending to be one on a talk show. The doctor would be able to tell pretty quickly based on words they don’t or do use, but the audience wouldn’t pick up on most of those.

That’s what been going on here in addition to the inability to focus on data to ground assertions about how mining works. It’s a huge red flag when that happens or someone is basically hand-held on how to go about testing something and actively avoid the testing instead. Again, if someone is actually interested in doing the testing for the question at hand, the framework for it has been posted multiple times now.
Sorry I had to read through what you said a couple of times before I understood it correctly.. This thread has gone so far off the rails, I forgot that we are discussing the possibility that the mining radius is fake..

On the one hand, it is, but on the other it is not. I think that it depends on the event.

The claim generation event cannot spawn a claim greater than the radius away from the location of the probe, which is slightly in front of and to the right of the avatar. (I would say between 0.3 and 0.6m away).

The claim detection event, this is where things get tricky, a claim can generate from the same probe location if the avatar that generated the probe, moves away from the location of the initial probe drop if they miss. I have done this. Reasons for this are unknown to me, but suggest a change in the system, like the tick of a timer for example.

Faces would you agree with this ?

There is certain terminology that would be used to address things like the OP question (see the links in my sig for examples)
Give him a little break :p Glad you provide him to a post with terminologies used. I may disagree with him on some stuff but what I do see is: Location South Africa. He may lack some english terms and more scientific terminologies. I myself also had issues with some of your testing interpretation that I personally feel sometime drag a bit on personal interpretation/perception. (But I did enjoy the reads and do appreciate the work you done to try to bring some science with the little true info we get ingame)
Maybe its best to go that route to show him.

The claim detection event, this is where things get tricky, a claim can generate from the same probe location if the avatar that generated the probe, moves away from the location of the initial probe drop if they miss. I have done this. Reasons for this are unknown to me, but suggest a change in the system, like the tick of a timer for example.
You can drop twice in the exact same spot without moving and get a 2nd claim. It's most of time not worth it as many miners mentioned in the past but the thrill of finding 2 global in a row at same exact location is too tempting at times even if usually a bad move :p

On the one hand, it is, but on the other it is not. I think that it depends on the event.

"I think" really has no place in the discussion at this point. If you were really interested in the range parameter, you would have done the testing by now.
"I think" is great for formulating tests:

"I think range has impact in the case of X. I will test this by doing Y".

At this point in the discussion the framework for testing has already been provided. There is no need to think anymore. Just do. Based on the data you gather in testing we can aid you in interpreting the result and discuss where to go from there.

A claim can be found by redropping the same location as you previously missed without moving as well. I have had this happen a number of times. The reason for this may very well be a change in the system, e.g. a respawn.

What is known (from testing) is that constantly redropping the same location is not a viable strategy as hit rate will suffer greatly. There was no statistically significant increase in claim size to "make up" for the decrease in hit rate.

The claim generation event cannot spawn a claim greater than the radius away from the location of the probe

If you have the data to support this statement, you have already concluded that mining finder range is not fake and have found at least one instance where the value is used. If you would like to learn more, stop thinking and start testing.

Give him a little break :p Glad you provide him to a post with terminologies used. I may disagree with him on some stuff but what I do see is: Location South Africa. He may lack some english terms and more scientific terminologies. I myself also had issues with some of your testing interpretation that I personally feel sometime drag a bit on personal interpretation/perception. (But I did enjoy the reads and do appreciate the work you done to try to bring some science with the little true info we get ingame)

You can drop twice in the exact same spot without moving and get a 2nd claim. It's most of time not worth it as many miners mentioned in the past but the thrill of finding 2 global in a row at same exact location is too tempting at times even if usually a bad move :p
Ek gaan vir you bliksem... My physical location has nothing to do with things..

Interesting, so a move is not necessary..... So a "system update" or change someone could be responsible..

So as a research statistician, would you agree with me that this game uses a dynamic / dynamical system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamical_system) ?
And that the system would be constantly changing in accordance with some at this moment unknown variables ?

Limit yourself to mining for a moment. Mining works by dropping a probe, and having the system respond back with either essentially a hit or a miss. Can the circle that the probe searches, be converted into a circular lattice (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lattice_(group)) ?

If such a lattice were to be constructed, can the polar coordinates (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_coordinate_system) of a SPIRAL that represents that lattice be represented as follows :

r=sqrt( n )
theta=2*pi()*sqrt( n ) ?

Can the above polar coordinates be converted to the Cartesian plane (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_coordinate_system) as such..

x=cos(theta)*r
r=sin(theta)*r ?

Based on the lattice created above where point 0 is the location of the probe, can a "grid" be generated by factorizing each one of points in f ( n ) ? Lets say I wished to create a grid 55m apart, could I use int(x/factor) as an indication of how close each point in f ( n ) is to the desired factor ?

If someone were to use such a lattice as above and records the following sizes when mining on the coordinates that correspond to the same factor in a different copy of the lattice:

Lattice Ore Entmatter
01 5 3
02 5 0
03 0 3
04 0 0

Would the above be a sample of diminishing returns ?

Last edited:
It may work diffrent for everyone or at last feel diffrent.
But in my 17y in this game. I still feel there is a flow to it some how.

I read some one say its no vains / Ores. - Why 50% of the time if i find two ore. I can make a line of thos two, and there is almost allaways one more claim on the X or Y side. 3 claims in vary close line. Maybe its just me :D i can find 2 lines corssing- but they are then two diffrent types of stone.
Ematter is just a mech, no vains as i can tell.

When i mine inndoor i keep a eye on skill gain. I normally only gain skill when i find somthing or if I am near somthing.
I can run on FOMA, 10 drops. nr 4 i get skill gain as a exmple. If i just continue to run i most likly do not find anything. but if I do 2 exstra drop around where i gained skill. I normally find a claim.

It may work diffrent for everyone or at last feel diffrent.
But in my 17y in this game. I still feel there is a flow to it some how.

I read some one say its no vains / Ores. - Why 50% of the time if i find two ore. I can make a line of thos two, and there is almost allaways one more claim on the X or Y side. 3 claims in vary close line. Maybe its just me :D i can find 2 lines corssing- but they are then two diffrent types of stone.
Ematter is just a mech, no vains as i can tell.

When i mine inndoor i keep a eye on skill gain. I normally only gain skill when i find somthing or if I am near somthing.
I can run on FOMA, 10 drops. nr 4 i get skill gain as a exmple. If i just continue to run i most likly do not find anything. but if I do 2 exstra drop around where i gained skill. I normally find a claim.
I am a excusive normal area miner, I cannot stand the excessive nrf on foma and other such places..

But on planet, yes there are still "veins". I think of it as follows. Take a piece of grid paper and cut a square piece out of it. Color in one of those squares and make a copy of the square and place it next to that square , the colored in points are the points in a vein.

They are the same points in a grid that is copied over and over again.

I am a excusive normal area miner, I cannot stand the excessive nrf on foma and other such places..

But on planet, yes there are still "veins". I think of it as follows. Take a piece of grid paper and cut a square piece out of it. Color in one of those squares and make a copy of the square and place it next to that square , the colored in points are the points in a vein.

You do not need to tell me about squares :D
Back in the old days I did have a large map on my wall. pin out every claim i got lol i wall with map. like 12 x A2 pages: colour map printed out :D

I one time also did a test.
2 weeks i did every day 2 - 3 times a day. drop a probe on the same spot. Nothing found
But if i did the same on a spot i did found a claim early, i got more claims.
So for me that indicates that claim do spawn , more in some good spots and less or never outside :D

I did also near the same test with amp! but when add a amp! the finding changed a lot.
I have a fue sweet spots, where if i go unamped i 80% of the time find somthing on first drop.
If I use amp. it may be nothing!

What i like to do on FOMA,, run around unamped. gain skill. swtich to amp. this way i found a area of intrest ! before i use my amp.
but no one knows and its all about what floats your boat :D

You do not need to tell me about squares :D
Back in the old days I did have a large map on my wall. pin out every claim i got lol i wall with map. like 12 x A2 pages: colour map printed out :D

I one time also did a test.
2 weeks i did every day 2 - 3 times a day. drop a probe on the same spot. Nothing found
But if i did the same on a spot i did found a claim early, i got more claims.
So for me that indicates that claim do spawn , more in some good spots and less or never outside :D

I did also near the same test with amp! but when add a amp! the finding changed a lot.
I have a fue sweet spots, where if i go unamped i 80% of the time find somthing on first drop.
If I use amp. it may be nothing!

What i like to do on FOMA,, run around unamped. gain skill. swtich to amp. this way i found a area of intrest ! before i use my amp.
but no one knows and its all about what floats your boat :D
I am not a foma miner, but back in the PE days. I had something similar..

I had little piece of paper I would whip out every time I go mining. It had the cords of the old Atlashaven veins and the IGN veins up north east in the purple area....

One more thing, when I saw that lovely "vein" running nnw to sse, I googled pictures to see if I could find something similar and I found this.. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulam_spiral) which started this whole thing in the first place.

And who knows, perhaps Prime Number Factorization (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_factorization) may yield some answers..

Last edited:
So as a research statistician, would you agree with me that this game uses a dynamic / dynamical system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamical_system) ?
And that the system would be constantly changing in accordance with some at this moment unknown variables ?

Limit yourself to mining for a moment. Mining works by dropping a probe, and having the system respond back with either essentially a hit or a miss. Can the circle that the probe searches, be converted into a circular lattice (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lattice_(group)) ?

If such a lattice were to be constructed, can the polar coordinates (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_coordinate_system) of a SPIRAL that represents that lattice be represented as follows :

r=sqrt( n )
theta=2*pi()*sqrt( n ) ?

Can the above polar coordinates be converted to the Cartesian plane (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_coordinate_system) as such..

x=cos(theta)*r
r=sin(theta)*r ?

Based on the lattice created above where point 0 is the location of the probe, can a "grid" be generated by factorizing each one of points in f ( n ) ? Lets say I wished to create a grid 55m apart, could I use int(x/factor) as an indication of how close each point in f ( n ) is to the desired factor ?

If someone were to use such a lattice as above and records the following sizes when mining on the coordinates that correspond to the same factor in a different copy of the lattice:

Lattice Ore Entmatter
01 5 3
02 5 0
03 0 3
04 0 0

Would the above be a sample of diminishing returns ?
It may be best to take your own advice about "going off the rails". You're still going on wild goose chases with geometry, chasing "magic math", "cracking the code" etc. that aren't focused on outcomes and are meaningless without data to base any discussion on. Ferial summed it up nicely:
At this point in the discussion the framework for testing has already been provided. There is no need to think anymore. Just do. Based on the data you gather in testing we can aid you in interpreting the result and discuss where to go from there.

If you have a "system" that you think let's you predict where and what size claims you'll have (or diminishing returns), test and compare it to see if you get different results than "normal" mining in terms of TT or hit rate first. That's been explained multiple times already.

There is no point in making a grid just as there is no point in putting loot in a mob just like in any rpg. They call it equations and loot table. Making a grid cost more money to MA, provide no stability on the return/loss.

Having a non gambling algorithm in EU plausible origin as it's the common sauce of rpg rng loot.(I know..)

I will mention diablo II because they made the revolution used today in nearly all the rpgs with RNG. When diablo II started there was a complaint in the US against Blizzard saying that their Not RCE was a gambling algorithm for a game. Blizzard proceeded to a complete overhaul of the system. Instead of having random loot show up, they would have mobs drop "keys"(pregenerated number tied to the mob). This "key" would try to open from the rarest loot to the most common until that "key" open a chest which could be filled with treasures, filled with garbage or plain empty. Rare mobs such as Mephisto, pindles etc had several keys that dropped and thus could have filled and empty chests.

A key system to pregenerated chest that may not open for years(No longer gambling)

Back to entropia with the "key" system. In entropia it at least feel very similar. The concept of the "key" work in a much similar fashion but is not attributed to the mob. You do an action(Fight, Mine, Craft) and based on weapon/tool/bp/attachment used. You generate a key based on the decay vs mob max hp. As many ubers mentioned in some very good threads made over the year, high DPP gears tend to give more interesting loot. My belief on that is simply the same as Diablo II Monster Level loot Table but in EU is DPP related.

A way loot table of MU options.

Be it the slider of crafting(crafted item count vs res received from craft), using a Mayhem gun vs a Grindhouse(Seeing MU vs shrap only) or a Finder alone VS amped(Finder more often rare vs finding bigger hit of generaly lesser rarity). Do these zones overlap ? Is it possible for anyone to unlock a key for a 3.1 DPP using a 2.5 DPP weapon? I cannot tell but these are credible --->concepts<---(Thats not a fact). I know as far as mining, there are "keys" to some rarer finds that will NEVER show up with a TT finder(I mined with TT so much to map planets common find and I never found Gold with a TT finder. At least 5000 ped to stay in the low. Thats a huge time of play at 0.1523p per drop for both ore and enmatters). Even if some may or not overlap, there 2 things I can see if I consider the key system. The more you spend per action for the minimum spent requirement, the more "Shitty keys" you seem to unlock. Just like a Grindhouse weapons unlock the perk "Shrap only loot" the same way that condition crafting give a lot of res or that amping with a tera 10 will very rarely yield a big hof of lets say Ignisium or Dianthus and that from what I know(could be wrong), Dunkel will never drop with a big amp because it's just impossible to reach that high of a TT on the drop for that enmatter.

Seeing things using other tools to work on your project.

As for your experiment, you should take a look at littlebigmining log. In general, it is very accurate about when a miner can drop a second time at the exact same location for a chance at another find. If the adjusted circle make 100% true... Thats debatable as even if the claim doesnt show up in the small circle, it may just mean that MA made it so it give the same kind of illusion of a slot machine mini game with 5 cards and you can flip 3 for the reward. Regardless which 3 cards you flip in the slot machine does not matter because the key to the results was generated by your spin and they will even flip the cards in a predetermined order. Yup... In a slot machine you can force stop a spin, chose picks of cards or whatever the picks in that mini game and the "history" of what you find will be in the exact order that was decided when you press spin or pulled the lever. In the end, on a slot machine and even EU you can often say "My interaction with the result is just what it will be based on when I given the action to spend and nothing else will change the result at that point".

Conclusion

I explained a lot today on my PERCEPTION* of loot and this is way closer to an essay than a statistical research. There may be a lot more to it as I do feel that MA implemented what I call the NBA Jam effect.
cover_large.jpg

When you play NBA jam and suck(Play EU and lose lot of peds), your team become of fire(You seem to get more chance at luck in EU) but it does not mean your team will win the game(That you will get your return in EU). This is all theorical of course and based on my brain with it's little autistic nature when it come to numbers. Either way, it can be used to at least understand some of the loot dynamics. Many people talk about wave and stuff but if you flip a coin 1 billion times. There is a high chance that the coin will flip 10-20-30 or even 50 times on the same side. People bitch about it but it's just the nature of RNG even in life. How many Atrox die in 1 minute? (poor atrox...). You get where Im getting at ? Everything happen at some point.

*Big emphasis on perception because I have not provided any facts about NRF in mining, Fail/near success/success in crafting or even what impact the multi number/MU directly on entropian activities. Just observation which make sense, could be fact but I have not prooven anything today.

It may be best to take your own advice about "going off the rails". You're still going on wild goose chases with geometry, chasing "magic math", "cracking the code" etc. that aren't focused on outcomes and are meaningless without data to base any discussion on. Ferial summed it up nicely:

If you have a "system" that you think let's you predict where and what size claims you'll have (or diminishing returns), test and compare it to see if you get different results than "normal" mining in terms of TT or hit rate first. That's been explained multiple times already.
So no answers .....

Not what I was looking for...

Someone can translate anything conclusive please

So no answers .....

Not what I was looking for...
There was a lot of answers.

Just because it is something you are not looking for does not mean that they are incorrect.

I don't like the answer of "no" when I ask Pamela Anderson for feet pics, but you know what? I accept it and I move on. Time to ask Jennifer Anniston

Back