Question: Mining in Amethera

-Lofty-

Mature
I have been playing for a while, and have reached a combat lvl where I can take out a small/med atrox.

Now I have decided to try mining, I have only ever mined a small amount on Eudoria and have never found more than 10peds in a single find.
I have heard that there is good mining in Amerthra and I was wondering if I could have a location.

I know people like to keep their mining locations a secret, all I want is an area that has findable deposits.

I am mining En-matters, and have the TT finder (although I am about to go up one from that as it is nearly maxed).

I am looking for a n00b area with shallow deposits where I won't get !!!!! by passsing mobs.
Any advise welcome

Thanks
Lofty

I have been playing for a while, and have reached a combat lvl where I can take out a small/med atrox.

Now I have decided to try mining, I have only ever mined a small amount on Eudoria and have never found more than 10peds in a single find.
I have heard that there is good mining in Amerthra and I was wondering if I could have a location.

I know people like to keep their mining locations a secret, all I want is an area that has findable deposits.

I am mining En-matters, and have the TT finder (although I am about to go up one from that as it is nearly maxed).

I am looking for a n00b area with shallow deposits where I won't get !!!!! by passsing mobs.
Any advise welcome

Thanks
Lofty

That's the thing about mining tho. There is no for sure spots.

But I would suggest going south of Fort Pandora in Eudoria. Instead of Amethera. From personal experience I would say it's the best place for a TT finder.

I suggest, if you havent already, join a soc that is into mining. Then you can get ingame tips all the time.

(check out my signature ;) )

It depends.. publicly known areas with "good" ores seem overmined to me on Amethera.. hit rate usually incredibly bad at those areas..
my recent tactic is mining on Eudoria at certain regions, unarmored and bunch of decoys on me instead of guns.. comes cheaper than killing every adj mob lurking on my back

OK...
All I can give you is some tips...
With TT finder is quite hard to find huge deposits. As someone said, North of Pandora is a good place for TT finder.
If you want to try amethera, I can advise you to find the TI north TP then, from there, go straight to the West. (You will encounter only fouls... so up to you to avoid them or kill them)...

I'm sure you will love this place :)

Thanks for the replies, so far I been down in TI with the miner bots. I can't kill them, but all is peaceful till a drone appears - then I get wiped out as my armour is not for bots.

Already on a 102 (detector) should be able to get a 103 now (when I can next find one).

So far I have never had more than 5ped from a drop, guess I'm just unlucky.

Also how do amps work, I see they have efficiency rating, is that like a multiplier for depth/width of search or just some random number that MA has decided on. Also are they worth it or should I wait till I can use a 105 detector first

first off, go for the 211(L) if you have the peds to buy one.
amps do what they say, they amplify your finds, basically they allow you to go through more peds in the same time and earn or lose more per timeunit.

rule of thumb is that you find stuff that has greater markup than the amp you are using.

Looking through entropedia and I think you are right about the 211.

Now I just need some cash and a good mining location (going to try west of north TI next) :D

South of Rei's - above/east of the LAs and along south of the lake - has lots of Belkar and Caldorite, had many good runs there in the past although I don't mine at the moment.

Between Nea's & Omegaton West is Blausarium. Both areas are relatively mob free

There is nothing worth finding on Amethera, stay on Eudoria.

There is nothing worth finding on Amethera, stay on Eudoria.

Blood moss? Himi? Spores? Cumbriz? Cobalt? Solis beans? Langotz? Rugaritz? Tridenite?

Though, blood moss, himi and spores are only in pvp4, right?

Well this game has a steep learning curve. I think i globaled in pvp3 on garcen in my first two weeks, (and extracted with TT extractor, no less) also got pked in pvp4 w/blood moss on me a week or so later (basically i tt'd into pvp4 without knowing it(wasn't on my map)...and...went mining!(never saw a green dot b4 then...it ran fast :eek:).

Hee nice story.

Thanks for the replies guys although I mine Enmatters, its cheaper.

On TI I am sort of breaking even at the moment - sort of meaning all the nexus I find I convert to ME (after heavy amounts for sweating).

Still not hit anything worth over 10ped...though my mining runs are about 20probes at the moment due to low funds.

Hopefully I will hit more than a lvl4 find soon, but I guess I really need to skill more than anything.

Does anyone know roughly how many probes I need to drop to reach a lvl where I can use a 105?
Also I heard that amping is only worth it once you have a 105 (or equivalent).

Any other advise welcomed.

I have mined Amethera alot and found it was slowing up for me so I`ve been probing around Eudoria. It keeps changing. But you can always try to target areas that have good markup. As for using a 105 you can at any time. You can still achive a max depth but not as often with low skills. But you can get down deeper than the lower gear a whole lot more than never. Go with what you can afford or just add the PED to your probe and bomb fund for a longer run. They tend to even out more with better chance of big finds covering more area. Good luck out there!

The mining is no better on Amathera than Eudoria. The ores/enmatters that are peculiar to Amathera all require more skill than a beginner will have to find them.
You need to skill up to better finders. If the 211 is out of reach, check the OF-1xx series, and use the one that you are best skilled for. They max out quick, I think lvl 5 prospector can use an OF-105, which is what I use.
The uber finders alone will not find rare stuff, you still need to skill up; the higher your skill, the greater chance of finding a rare item.

And the roadblock is the fact that you only do enmatters. I know why you do, its the same road I took, but there is more ped in ores. You really should try some ore mining runs and decide for yourself.

Finally, there are no secret locations, and no point in keeping your strikes secret. Getting a strike is much more dependent on your own skills and whether you are "chosen" at the time of the drop. There are areas where certain ores or enmatters are prevalent, though. I could follow in your footsteps and make the same drops and our results would be much different, but I would still get just as much as I would if I was running alone.

Good luck

Hee nice story.

Thanks for the replies guys although I mine Enmatters, its cheaper.

On TI I am sort of breaking even at the moment - sort of meaning all the nexus I find I convert to ME (after heavy amounts for sweating).

Still not hit anything worth over 10ped...though my mining runs are about 20probes at the moment due to low funds.

Hopefully I will hit more than a lvl4 find soon, but I guess I really need to skill more than anything.

Does anyone know roughly how many probes I need to drop to reach a lvl where I can use a 105?
Also I heard that amping is only worth it once you have a 105 (or equivalent).

Any other advise welcomed.

Well If you are enmatterminer only, that changes things. There are areas in amethera with high concentrations of enmatters , but the mining rules are different. I see no harm in testing the different regions finding which ones work for you...by the time you've done testing and discovered the shallow fields, you should be ready to try out deeper finders.

Also, remember that you are only spending 0.5ped pre probe, not 1ped. So expect half the size find you would in enmatter as in ore. I mine both at the same time, but others find success in doing ore only or enmatter only runs.

Well thanks for the replies.

I'm just under 211 abilities, will get one as soon as I have the skills to make it worthwhile.

On the up I hit my first mid-size find today a VII force nexus. Hit on my last but one probe and was needed for me to break even :D.

Hopefully there will be more of those and maybe a global...well I can hope...

NRF, nrf-ed on me, can't get it working =/ so the days run wasn't logged :( apart from that hopefully I can consistantly break even(ish) now.

Hmm... Atrox Hunter/ Miner

Well this is my thought, My society is scattered in proffesion and I'll tell you some of us HIT on mining and some of us just waste money.

As one of the others reffered: "Find a Mining Society" they will give you inside tips and location "Hotspots" stuff like that- saving their HOF locations for themselves and who blames them?

I do know I have hit fairley well close to the Water west of Emrald lakes, all the way to the river in the long skinny landarea marked west of emerald... the other side of the river is good too.

this is non-lootable PVP, but as in any game there are PRICKS out there that will waste their bullets just to make your life miserable. The mobs are light, Mourner youngs mainly toward the water- you'll want to jump there probably~

The land area itself is a safe zone "non- PVP", between the coast (the said long skinny land area) and emerald lakes though are alot of ATROX high levels that'll ruin your day, another good one is the miners mountain. Which from there is the land area on the south end of the big white iseland on the North West, the bottom zone is non- PVP and good mining - i had some luck there!

Best way to get there is to swim or TP Chip from the south islands to it, the north journey is a rough one and loaded with high mobbing atrax and strange electric shooting mobs that kill our level with a hit! :yay:

Go to Akmuul Island and go West. I heard there's blood moss there (3k% or more I think).
:D

Back