Mining in Entropia: * * *Private Lessons* * *

Go Windswept !!!

FRIDAY Update.

3 spots left. I have sent out the welcome email to all participants. I will next be sending the schedule for our first one on one class. If you want one of the 3 remainnigspots please send an email to me at

Windswept1111@gmail.com

You can't really compare your service with the toothbrush. It's more like that in that movie with Al Pacino, can't remember the title. The one with the betting tip hotlines for sportgames. You're not selling a physical product, you're selling information.

So the real question is, how much could this information be worth? I personally don't think mining classes could increase your return, or provide you with information that isn't available on this forum. What remains is the knowledge of past finds. But the dynamics of the game reduce the value of that information imo.

Not saying mining classes are useless, a noob could learn alot in a short time. But when you're asking 500ped a month you're overcharging imo. Think a % of the globals/hofs sounds more fair. But that's just my thoughts, if you already have customers all the better for you.

that movie was called "Two for the Money". :) good flick too.

i had my first lesson with windswept
what he told me is different to the things i have done befor
i mine yet the way he told me and must say now i understand mining better
so i can say if you want to learn mining make an lesson with windswept that is making you understand mining and make your results better

I'd like to see some tracker results / statistics / mining logs of the folks taking these classes. I was on the fence about signing up for the "private lessons", not because I can't afford it, but because I already get pretty solid returns grid mining areas with good markups, not doing an area more than once in a day, and generally avoiding ores that have huge hofs on the daily board (5k+).

500 peds isn't much at all for some valuable tips that can help... But, during your last public mining class, you mentioned that claim sizes are random. If that's the case, I see no difference between following a strategic method, grid mining / carpet bombing, or just running in random directions for unamped planetside mining. A specific method might help when targeting rare ores, or mining on FOMA, since every claim is above average.

I'd like to see some tracker results / statistics / mining logs of the folks taking these classes. I was on the fence about signing up for the "private lessons", not because I can't afford it, but because I already get pretty solid returns grid mining areas with good markups, not doing an area more than once in a day, and generally avoiding ores that have huge hofs on the daily board (5k+).

500 peds isn't much at all for some valuable tips that can help... But, during your last public mining class, you mentioned that claim sizes are random. If that's the case, I see no difference between following a strategic method, grid mining / carpet bombing, or just running in random directions for unamped planetside mining. A specific method might help when targeting rare ores, or mining on FOMA, since every claim is above average.

I can see where you are coming from,

I have every respect for what windswept is doing here, and every bit of luck to him for success in this endeavor, however, i really honestly cant see what there is to teach in essence about the current mining system, fair enough there are pointers, and tips which could be usefull to most, and others may require more help then the rest,

However the pricing you put it at, a total of 1500 ped over 3 months, is a little extreme if you ask me, a new player dropping 1500(0) (rookie)bombs should have gotten a pretty accurate view of what they need to do,

I dont want to come here to undermine your business, however, i do feel that there should be somewhat of a counter example available to customers where someone states that for that price, the service you claim you are providing doesn't cover what you could possibly tell them that isn't already publicly available.

I feely help out anyone who asks me for it, maybe providing a breakdown of what exactly it is that you will be teaching will better help your customers advise themselves on taking your course?

the only thing u need is a orefinder, some amps and bombs and TP to take you to Astroid.. (FOMA) :D

I also had my 1st lesson and it was very informative i would recomend it to anyone.I think its a great idea to stretch it out for 1 month at a time.It takes me time to learn something new so i can get support along the way is great.The run we did minning was teribble lot was bad for everyone so where gonna do another run but the information i got was GOLD.
Michael :)
Ps the best 500 peds i ever spendt ingame.

Threads merged and moved to Services section.

I understand the skepticism with regards to what i am doing and what is "publicly" known. Its very hard to argue with anyone that has had good results running around. The emphasis i am placing on certain aspects comes from many years of seeing it and tracking it. I just want people to reach a point where they can take some ped out of the game and when they log on to run their area they can expect certain results.

For those people on the fence about this service keep doing what you are doing if you are getting results you can count on and are satisfied with your returns then more power to you. You probably already have a good understanding of how it works.

For the rest it cant hurt to spend any money learning something that can make you money. Thats the way of the world. We spend money on education so we can do beter at our professions. Im not here to say im going to help you get rich in entropia. However i can show you a way to mine with little to know waste and how to ensure yourself all the minerals are yours in the place YOU choose to mine.

Getting some very good feedback from pupils. I have a couple more spots open now since not filled by society members. If your interested please follow contact instructions.

Getting some very good feedback from pupils. I have a couple more spots open now since not filled by society members. If your interested please follow contact instructions.
I sent you an e-mail 2 days ago and you didn't reply.

Last edited:
Understood.. i sent a PM on best means to grab me.

to all in the community
there are only 2 ways.
sign in or not sign in
i have signed in and im must say im glad i did it my percentage of my findings is incresed since i take lessons from 20-25% to 30-40%

First Lesson

Had my first lesson today , was very nervous for some reason

i suppose like most players when the thought of forking over 500 ped for some lessons
i thought am i going to regret this?
as 500 ped buys alot off bombs and probes !Then you start the lesson and this guy start teaching you stuff that he has been doing for 7 years and dosnt deposit any more
well that made my ears prick up right away
pft 500 peds is that all ?

i suppose i could have just sat on the fence and asked every one what they learned , asked for loggs screen shots etc
(that they payed for by the way,and that windswept has had to learn by himself over 7 years) but that wouldnt have been right would it?

best 500 ped i have spent

Mudgutts

Wanna convince people how good this is ? Make a mininglog and let us follow atleast 30 runs * 200 bombs !

I understand you are fullfilled after some lessons but you know how it is....proof or it didnt happen ;)

Wanna convince people how good this is ? Make a mininglog and let us follow atleast 30 runs * 200 bombs !

I understand you are fullfilled after some lessons but you know how it is....proof or it didnt happen ;)

want proof have a lesson like we did then make your own mining log :laugh:

yeah I absolutely second this! Ppl making posts like weee my returns moved from x in one mining run to y in another one so his lessons are good are a sad joke. However I will wait patiently how things turn out in the long run and if all goes well I will book a lesson myself to see what it's all about.

I dont need lessons nor do I need to " sell " Windsweps lessons

hook , line and sinker:laugh:

just re-read my last post .
wasnt trying to be rude,just trying have fun with you

i to have commented about things ive never participated in the past
and have looked foolish aswell
its ok you get over it trust me

ok ok i think its gotten a bit off topic..

i respect Strakkan.. hell we both been in this about as long. I remember running past him all the time when the same spots were hot. Your opinion is valid Strakkan but all the logs that are out there now are not quelling the frustration that many new and mid level miners are expressing in the forums. Watching someone else do well can only go so far before it frustrates someone.

I have asked that people put their feedback on here.. good, bad , areas for improvement, etc. There are a lot of people on the fence about the class and i know it seems like a shameless plug. Its a lot of hard work to take the time to teach people what I know. Scheduling has been difficult.. i have far more to cover in a class and before you know it 2 hours are gone. I have missed some good run times. However at the end i feel good because i help people feel more confident when they buy the bombs or probes and set off to do some work.

I know i cant please everyone here and i dont mean to. If those who have taken my class want to provide logs and such to prove something to the public they are open to do it. I will not share any info i have from our classes or results out of privacy.

hook , line and sinker:laugh:

just re-read my last post .
wasnt trying to be rude,just trying have fun with you

i to have commented about things ive never participated in the past
and have looked foolish aswell
its ok you get over it trust me

Lol...and you are who? Silver di Avlos newborn ghost maybe? ;)

I have no idea what you are trying to say but im gonna say what I think is a great idea to help Windsweps out and convince people his lessons are good. Make a log and show us how your results are over a long period and with enough bombs / run to make it valid !
Nuff said !

Had my first lesson today , was very nervous for some reason

i suppose like most players when the thought of forking over 500 ped for some lessons
i thought am i going to regret this?
as 500 ped buys alot off bombs and probes !Then you start the lesson and this guy start teaching you stuff that he has been doing for 7 years and dosnt deposit any more
well that made my ears prick up right away
pft 500 peds is that all ?

i suppose i could have just sat on the fence and asked every one what they learned , asked for loggs screen shots etc
(that they payed for by the way,and that windswept has had to learn by himself over 7 years) but that wouldnt have been right would it?

best 500 ped i have spent

Mudgutts

Thats whats I am afraid... the newbs will all fall for it, LoL
:eyecrazy:

If those that took my class would like to create a log now using a new method thats fine.. however if they didnt make a log before how is the public going to see a difference?

This is a Service post in the proper section of the forums *thanks* Lets keep the responses centered on questions related to that. Debates on what you may think is the best way to prove to the public why it does or doesnt work can be put in the mining forum. Im not trying to prove anything to the general public.. only to those that take the class. If you areon the fence about the class.. Talk to some that have taken it.. let them testify to the changes they see. I have read many of the logs and i see where some of the mistakes are in them however im not going to go into their post and start poking holes in their hard work.

If those that took my class would like to create a log now using a new method thats fine.. however if they didnt make a log before how is the public going to see a difference?

This is a Service post in the proper section of the forums *thanks* Lets keep the responses centered on questions related to that. Debates on what you may think is the best way to prove to the public why it does or doesnt work can be put in the mining forum. Im not trying to prove anything to the general public.. only to those that take the class. If you areon the fence about the class.. Talk to some that have taken it.. let them testify to the changes they see. I have read many of the logs and i see where some of the mistakes are in them however im not going to go into their post and start poking holes in their hard work.

Arnt you always talking about how we should debate and exchange information to make people more efficient in mining and now you wont even post in a mininglog afraid to " poke a hole " ?
Your strange :scratch2:

This isnt the thread for that. Im not posting a mining log becasue i dont have time for that. People who took the class can. However dont do it here. This a thread for a service i am offering. Not a place for people to show up and make suggestions on how i should do what i am doing.

I say you start a class Strakken and your log and ill come take it just because i would like to see how similar our methods are and if over the years we picked up on the same things. It would be kind of neat.

I did a mininglog albeit short couple of years ago. Search it and feel free to poke as many holes as you wich :)
As for classes that will never happen but if they would I would surely feel the need to show some " hard facts" for the customers thinking of taking them.

Ok well i appreciate your opinion but i think my name speaks for itself in a lot of cases and if people dont want to take the class they dont have to. For those that are taking it right now they all seem pleased with the way things went and a couple people came in here to express that and in the end all they got was the same pessimistic behavior thats plagues almost all these forums.

Moving forward i dont see a need for further postings about how i should do my class. Its kind of rude i wouldnt do it to someone else but hey to each their own. I understand where you are coming from but again thats not how i want to do my thing. This is not the forum for it.. If you feel that strongly about it please create your own post in the appropriate forums and you can all banter endlessly about the problems with people trying to help others and how they can do it better and, and, and, ...

Also Strakken do you think people would sign up for your classes becasue you have a log or because your Strakken?

Im not sure why you feel so strongly about NOT showing some hard proof why your service is good since it actually costs money ?? Since there are people joining our universe all the time im convinced ALOT of people has never heard of neither Strakkan or Windswept. I would definately try to market myself with some facts and most importantly figures to validate my success and ability to make " students" successful.
Agreement dont make the world move forward, especially not on a public forum :)

Back