Mining Suggestion: Finder Info

Telgard

Provider
Society
The Drow
Telgard Teal Agodizra
I am hoping that each area still has there own AverageSearchDepth for this to apply.

On the info page, instead of Averaging all three area together.

Put each area's ASD under there given profession.
Example
Profession: Prospector
Recommended Level: X
Skill Progress: XX.XX%
SIB: Yes, No, Maybe
Average Search Depth: XXX.Xm/XXX.Xm

Profession: Surveyor

Profession: Treasure Hunter

Mastery of Tool: XX.X/XX.X%
Range: XX.Xm
Durability: Broken
Use per Minute / Max X/X

etc etc

If all ASD have become one skill with averaging from all skill, ....Well...mining just became a hell of a lot more expensive.

Last edited:
This is something like what I was thinking, only problem I see is with uses/min on tool; when you're not high enough skill in one prof and you're doing a double drop with say probe/survey - how do they determine how fast the drop will be. I see you have suggested an overall mastery of tool, but this will still pose as a problem since none of us have Treasure skills and that will effect uses/min etc. I really don't think they thought this through at all. I like being able to double drop, but they should have found another way to go about it rather than merging tools; allow us to dual wield finders maybe? lol...anyways, time will tell what is going to happen...for now it's time to hunt.

This is something like what I was thinking, only problem I see is with uses/min on tool;.

I mentioned nothing about use/min... because I saw it more as a computer / mechanical related skill... that should be based off of some other stat that skills by using the finder and the excavator (No matter which profession you delve in to).

I am hoping that each area still has there own AverageSearchDepth for this to apply.

Use per Minute / Max X/X

etc etc

If all ASD have become one skill with averaging from all skill, ....Well...mining just became a hell of a lot more expensive.

Here you mentioned that?

Here you mentioned that?

Ah yes.. but I mean I did not break it down into each area like I did with the average search depth.

I mentioned nothing about use/min... because I saw it more as a computer / mechanical related skill... that should be based off of some other stat that skills by using the finder and the excavator (No matter which profession you delve in to).

As it was the uses/min I believe was effected a VERY small amount by computer skills and more so by your prosp/survey skills, so doesn't matter how you see it, it's how it was...they didn't think it through and went ahead with an idea that is going to take a lot of effort to fix and piss a lot of people off.

Ah yes.. but I mean I did not break it down into each area like I did with the average search depth.

The master of tool is somewhat a good idea as an avg of all those prof for determining uses/min other than the fact that none of us have treasure hunting skills so we will all be on the low end due to the averaging; other than that great idea.

The master of tool is somewhat a good idea as an avg of all those prof for determining uses/min other than the fact that none of us have treasure hunting skills so we will all be on the low end due to the averaging; other than that great idea.

Thanks. LoL

You've nicely highlighted the solution to the design flaw which MA were evidently too stupid to see.

You cannot use the same tool to drop bombs and probes if your skill levels are not approximately level, if the skills are to retain their previous separate existence.

And using two finders now requires two extra clicks on the interface to change bomb type.

You've nicely highlighted the solution to the design flaw which MA were evidently too stupid to see.

You cannot use the same tool to drop bombs and probes if your skill levels are not approximately level, if the skills are to retain their previous separate existence.

And using two finders now requires two extra clicks on the interface to change bomb type.

Yes, I'm hearing a lot of bitching and moaning but I'm not hearing a whole lot of solutions. I hope a proper resolution to the situation eventually presents itself to MA and the Citizens of Entropia Universe.

Yes, I'm hearing a lot of bitching and moaning but I'm not hearing a whole lot of solutions. I hope a proper resolution to the situation eventually presents itself to MA and the Citizens of Entropia Universe.

We are allowed to bitch and moan because we're not paid as beta testers to come up with solutions; we are their customers. But posing some plausible solutions isn't such a bad thing either :)

It's looking pretty obvious that there was no issue with the old seperate finders tbh.

Any planet wanting to add a new class of mining just needed to add a new finder type and a new skill level specific to their planet.

before: drop ore bomb - wait for recharge - switch - drop enmatter wait for recharge - switch - start again
now: drop ore, enmatter (and treasure for arkadia) - wait for recharge - start again.

Looking at this process it I can see their intention was to speed up the process but it also means you spend your ped far more quickly.

With the way the skills have been used for the finder it's become even more tedious because you have change selection. Now if each finder could remember the setting it was last used on and use the skill level for the type selected, the point of changing the system to use a single finder becomes void.

Changing it to use a single bomb type was good though.

btw why wasn't the Rocktropia enmatters moved to a new class at the same time, because they don't really fit as they are. They're only used on RT bp's so surely it makes sense to move them to their own class as well.

How big will the UI have to get if each planet wants their own mining classification?

It's gradually appearing that one suggestion from a PP is more important to MA than any suggestions from the paying customers no matter how useful it may be and before anyone asks I am looking forward to Arkadia.

Last edited:
We are allowed to bitch and moan because we're not paid as beta testers to come up with solutions; we are their customers. But posing some plausible solutions isn't such a bad thing either :)

I thought the primary purpose of beta testers is to point out bugs in code and gameplay? ... Solutions brought up by customers helps a company improve; bitching and moaning makes it seem like the customers want MA to continue their trial and error form of development.

It's looking pretty obvious that there was no issue with the old seperate finders tbh.

Any planet wanting to add a new class of mining just needed to add a new finder type and a new skill level specific to their planet.

before: drop ore bomb - wait for recharge - switch - drop enmatter wait for recharge - switch - start again
now: drop ore, enmatter (and treasure for arkadia) - wait for recharge - start again.

Looking at this process it I can see their intention was to speed up the process but it also means you spend your ped far more quickly.

With the way the skills have been used for the finder it's become even more tedious because you have change selection. Now if each finder could remember the setting it was last used on and use the skill level for the type selected, the point of changing the system to use a single finder becomes void.

Changing it to use a single bomb type was good though.

May be but ...as stated, there is supposed to be future development within the mining system...so it might be that those developments would make individual finders and extractors extremely tedious, probably very weighted, and far more difficult. Which would not only make the learning curve higher but might have annoyed more people in the future.

btw why wasn't the Rocktropia enmatters moved to a new class at the same time, because they don't really fit as they are. They're only used on RT bp's so surely it makes sense to move them to their own class as well.

How big will the UI have to get if each planet wants their own mining classification?

It's gradually appearing that one suggestion from a PP is more important to MA than any suggestions from the paying customers no matter how useful it may be and before anyone asks I am looking forward to Arkadia.

The question is what would you want a bigger UI that is only one. Or multiple UI that are small and require constant equipping and unequipping to use.

May be if there were suggestion that had enough support from the customer base and developer community (PP & MA), then yes they would be listened to. Some suggestions have actually been implemented so the statement is moot.

Arkadia is still based in EU so... MA still has holds the platform's primary power.

Yes, I'm hearing a lot of bitching and moaning but I'm not hearing a whole lot of solutions.

Excuse me, but the solutions should have been designed by MA in the first place.

What we have here is a screwed-up design, the faults of which have immediately been exposed by anyone who uses the mining system.

It's MA's task to come up with a solution to the mess their ineptitude has created.

The Average search depth is only from prospecting as it is now. I have level 26 surveying level 7 prospecting and treasure hunting using TK320.

Stats are:
Prospecting level 25
skill process 30,3%
Learning period: Not yet

Surveying level 25
skill process 100%
Learning period: Yes

Treasure Hunt level 25
skill process 28,2%
Learning period: Not yet

average search depth 264,0 // 1041,0
uses per minute 4 // 8

This have made me unable to mine after the patch since I got 4k surveying skill and only 100 prospecting skill. My IRL friend which I mine much with is a prospector since im a surveyor, and he got Average search depth 850 with under 50 in surveying skill which makes it clear its not an average between all the skills imo.

If I'm wrong then my whole game is a buggy mess. :eyecrazy:

On the info page, instead of Averaging all three area together.

Put each area's ASD under there given profession.
Example
Profession: Prospector

Profession: Surveyor

Profession: Treasure Hunter

Use per Minute / Max X/X

etc etc

This is a very good solution in my opinion since then the depth and skills don't get mixed-in in a cody mess. :wtg::wise::yup:

The solutions seem to me pretty obvious, but perhaps I'm being very simplistic.

(1)

People who have widely differing skills in ores and enmatters will simply carry two finders (as they did before). All that MA+ have to do is introduce memory into the interface, so that each finder at load retains its last used settings.

(2)

Each drop will use the average depth for whatever is being probed (in other words, one depth for ore, one for enmatter, and one for treasure), ignoring the overall average. Ideally the finder stats will display all average depths - overall, ore, enmatter, treasure - and ideally the overall average will have some meaning in future (for professional levels, for instance).

Back