Mining very worst return.

The Real Fritz

Hatchling
Hello.

Well, i dosent know how to start.
I will start to do a imagine about my and my style.
Items that i use : Terra Master 5 ( 7 enhacers slots in use for 1200 meters deep, used more in PVP for Stuff with good MU)
Finder F-105 ( for indoor mining)
LBML ( to know where,when and how i droped )
Level 3 AMP ( for redulite, pyrite , fire, etc)
Level 5 Amp ( for usual mining runs)
Level 7 and 8 Amp ( for indoor mining runs)
Level 13 Amp ( for the time when i am an idiot)

Place where i use to go - Calypso, Foma , Arkadia, Arkadia UG and MOON , Rocktropia and HELL.
Deposit in last month ; 50k peds.
Cyrcle more that 100k just in mining.

At the start of month, lvl 13 claims indoor and planet side was ok. Now , indoor i cant find more that 1 claim pro lvl 13, lvl 8 and 7 just 2 .
Lvl 13 Amp for planetside is dead ( worst that in Indoor mining), also lvl 8 and 7 is fast in the same shit like lvl 13.
Now i see that also unamped i cant even get a 50% return tt. And i say this with lysterium and crude oil search. With stuff with good MU is under 30%.
I also let the place more that 6 hours to respawn the claims. Also checked the place that in last 30 minutes nobody have done a mining there. Dosent help. For me the place will be empty.

My biggest hits was ; 1,8k with lvl 13 on foma
1,3k with lvl 13 on ark ug
1,2 k with lvl 13 on calypso
900 with lvl 7 on foma
rest was just usual hits for lvl 13 ,8,7 amps
After i take out the MU price for amps , i cant even hit 50% return in tt.
I try to do somethig new, but in last days it so bad , that i cant continue anymore.
Is somebody in same situation here?

I am on "black list " on MA ?
Also dosent hit something big and also dosent withdraw money out.

Update : I also try to do test runs in the time when "waves" is on and off.
Better tt return when is not the waves. But not more that 10% .

Indoor mining is probably the main culprit here.

If you’re already using a TM5, drop at least some of the enhancers. There’s no established benefit of going past 1000m unless you are specifically targeting very deep resources. Enhancers are pretty much always more expensive than using an equivalent L finder.

You also don’t mention how many drops you’ve done and over what time frame.

Indoor mining is probably the main culprit here.

If you’re already using a TM5, drop at least some of the enhancers. There’s no established benefit of going past 1000m unless you are specifically targeting very deep resources. Enhancers are pretty much always more expensive than using an equivalent L finder.

You also don’t mention how many drops you’ve done and over what time frame.
TM5 with enhancers i use only for very deep resources in specific area . Indoor mining i did only when i was "sure" that i can do something good, and with more amps. Enhancers was buy at least 3 weeks ago, from 100 still have 76. I understand the risks of indoor mining. But come on, on planet side, with lbml, only on "waves", in area where was not someone how mined recent, still can have more that 50% tt return. I will understand if the area was for a high MU material. But in an area where was only for lysterium. And all of this is still happen when i found 2 weeks ago a cluster on OLA 58. After than the next day i just go down.

I have waited for my first tower for a long period cca 10 years. Amout of deposit doesnt give you more chance to win big hit. Also, you did not mentioned how much drops and yours tracker is locked. 1 month of period is not relevant at all. Do more drops, less bigger amps and less indoor mining.
Good luck.

Generally when an area has poor HR/TT returns, you don't want to keep mining it. No one should be getting 50% returns long term under normal mining practices at least, so it's really sounding like you're either not dropping that much to let averages trend out, or you're mining in areas that just have poor hit rates at the time and not stopping mining.

How many different servers planetside are you jumping between? While Caly doesn't always have the best luck for HR, I don't have issues with TT returns as long as I'm careful. It would be easy to be hapazzard and let poor HR suck up your TT returns though if you didn't watch it.

I have waited for my first tower for a long period cca 10 years. Amout of deposit doesnt give you more chance to win big hit. Also, you did not mentioned how much drops and yours tracker is locked. 1 month of period is not relevant at all. Do more drops, less bigger amps and less indoor mining.
Good luck.
also u could show a guy few tricks how to mine in pvp hehe

Good luck.
I dosent count the drops. I stop do that. I keep just droping, take up and sell.

Generally when an area has poor HR/TT returns, you don't want to keep mining it. No one should be getting 50% returns long term under normal mining practices at least, so it's really sounding like you're either not dropping that much to let averages trend out, or you're mining in areas that just have poor hit rates at the time and not stopping mining.

How many different servers planetside are you jumping between? While Caly doesn't always have the best luck for HR, I don't have issues with TT returns as long as I'm careful. It would be easy to be hapazzard and let poor HR suck up your TT returns though if you didn't watch it.
I try to stay as much i can on an server planet side when i go to do a run.

I dosent count the drops. I stop do that. I keep just droping, take up and sell.
Then haphazard results shouldn't be unexpected then. As others have mentioned, it's likely that you're not dropping very much for averages to play out, especially when using bigger amps. That you're not providing numbers seems to reflect that.
I try to stay as much i can on an server planet side when i go to do a run.
This too. If you're sticking to just one server, and it sounds like it's the weird LA60 server to boot, you're going to have troubles when that area is in a downturn.

It's best to get a feel for how mining works first before charging ahead like this and continuing to mine when returns are bad expecting it will turn around if you continue there. Leave indoors and the big amps alone first until you are semi profitable, and then try to figure out how you can maybe incorporate those.

Then haphazard results shouldn't be unexpected then. As others have mentioned, it's likely that you're not dropping very much for averages to play out, especially when using bigger amps. That you're not providing numbers seems to reflect that.

This too. If you're sticking to just one server, and it sounds like it's the weird LA60 server to boot, you're going to have troubles when that area is in a downturn.

It's best to get a feel for how mining works first before charging ahead like this and continuing to mine when returns are bad expecting it will turn around if you continue there. Leave indoors and the big amps alone first until you are semi profitable, and then try to figure out how you can maybe incorporate those.
I try to do that. Go to others servers. Planet switch. Nothing. I am mayby in colddown. Also i dosent spend so much time indoor with big amps. In last time i was more at planetside and push hard with low amp. Lvl 3 and 5.

Last edited:
Update : I also try to do test runs in the time when "waves" is on and off.
Better tt return when is not the waves. But not more that 10% .
reason its worse when waves on is because thats when everyone else is mining so capped minerals are found with in first 2 mins. this waves business is really dumb imo

reason its worse when waves on is because thats when everyone else is mining so capped minerals are found with in first 2 mins. this waves business is really dumb imo
At the start i was only in waves . Now i try to avoid that. But bad tt return follow me every where

Same problem i found to another player from here. Nothing to do more, just hope that the next run will improve. Thx all

Its simple...pure math you go mining with 10k peds of pure probes and you get 90-95% depending on your skills back lets say you ended with 9200, if indoors cut that by -5% more. And than what you go another run and you will end up with 92% of 9200 and if you did indoors again cut number you get by 5% again, and if you keep repeating this math you will eventualy end up with nothing unless big multy strikes. Now cut down markup you pay on lvl 13 amp that juicy 80-100 ped on every run and you will see how fast peds melt. Keep your eyes on markup, use minimal amps, go arkadia planetside if you cant mine caly, and stay away from indoors.
If you relly like indoors than you are looking @ 50-100 lvl 13 per run to have decent chance of wining big or still going home in the end, i personaly go on foma with 10-15 pieces every 3-4 months and belive me in 12 years of playing i never came back with smile, i belive 100k+ are posible but you need big cycle and ped card for that attempt or just extreme luck.... Best of luck m8!

And heads up for all poor miners out there....statistic says that if you use lvl5 or D class amp you are looking at 300-500k ped cycle from big multy to big multy in other words from tower to tower, we belive that this number increse additive so if you are doing 20 ped clicker compared to 4-6 ped per click that cycle is probably arround 1M+ for big amps
Same thing is with small amps...people who drop lvl 2-3 tend to have better tt like 93-95% on long run becouse cycle is cheaper and faster and provides more space for mistake and markup. Players who tend to do D class are 90ish% most of the time and imagine how graph would look will lvl 13

Its simple...pure math you go mining with 10k peds of pure probes and you get 90-95% depending on your skills back lets say you ended with 9200, if indoors cut that by -5% more. And than what you go another run and you will end up with 92% of 9200 and if you did indoors again cut number you get by 5% again, and if you keep repeating this math you will eventualy end up with nothing unless big multy strikes. Now cut down markup you pay on lvl 13 amp that juicy 80-100 ped on every run and you will see how fast peds melt. Keep your eyes on markup, use minimal amps, go arkadia planetside if you cant mine caly, and stay away from indoors.
If you relly like indoors than you are looking @ 50-100 lvl 13 per run to have decent chance of wining big or still going home in the end, i personaly go on foma with 10-15 pieces every 3-4 months and belive me in 12 years of playing i never came back with smile, i belive 100k+ are posible but you need big cycle and ped card for that attempt or just extreme luck.... Best of luck m8!
Again. I dosent do just indoor and big amps. Just a little bit when i have "some feelings". I do 90% from mining on planet side. Using lvl 3 and 5 amp. Only on areas where are decent MU stuff. I know when is the ped recyrcle. If i put today 3k depo and end up after one mining run with 700 ped tt.

I get you, absolutely. My loot has been absolutely terrible for the last 2 months or so, but yesterday I got a small HOF and things are starting to look up. Don't give up when you feel that your luck is down, just slow down your cycling and revert back to the basics. If you've been playing long enough you can see what multipliers you're getting. There are dry loot periods in this game, it's just part of how it works, just slow down, look around, be patient, once things star to get better, you'll notice, after that you can star to increase you cycling bit by bit as you see fit.

Again. I dosent do just indoor and big amps. Just a little bit when i have "some feelings". I do 90% from mining on planet side. Using lvl 3 and 5 amp. Only on areas where are decent MU stuff. I know when is the ped recyrcle. If i put today 3k depo and end up after one mining run with 700 ped tt.
Keep cyclling

ok i am not a miner at all, but maybe stop using amps? isn't that just more of a gamble than un-amped?

or is it worse now without amps now?

Either you get lucky or you get unlucky... if you get unlucky, then you may have sub 50% TT-return over several thousand drops... i know it's crap, but MA thinks it's fine and fun.

If you're sick of getting shit results over and over again, there's lot of other MMOs out there, most are a lot better and a lot more fun than EU. There's no need to stick around at this bad game.

Last edited:
I’m by no means a professional miner. In fact I hate it. But the VIP stel mission on next island has forced my hand at committing a large amount of time to this profession.
I use lvl 3 amps and carpet bomb haphazardly all over the place. I don’t track where I have been and what I got, I’m just trying to brute force the mission progression and get this over with.
Still, with my carelessness I still end up with a 30-40% hit rate over the long run, and 80-100% TT returns. I have no idea how you are getting 50% returns and you supposedly know a lot more than I do. Are you working your maths correctly?

ok i am not a miner at all, but maybe stop using amps? isn't that just more of a gamble than un-amped?

or is it worse now without amps now?
Mostly not. It’s mostly just added MU that makes amps trickier to use.

What changes though is you need more drops to average out the more you amp. If someone says they cycled 100k ped, that means something entirely different between number of drops unamped vs. amped. Instead of 100k ore drops, that’s only 25k drops with a D-class. That can make it too easy on the mentality side for people to focus too much on cycling ped rather than what can let you profit mining.

There is something else that gets into more technical math too with amps, which has to do with how normal distributions or bell curves work if you plotted claim size (or 0 for no claim) on a horizontal axis and frequency on the vertical. When you are unamped, there isn’t much difference between a find and no resource found. As you amp up, that curve shifts right to higher values except for for the left tail at zero which stays the same. This makes a skewed distribution.

In short, that means NRF drops while amped eat up a larger percentage of your TT returns, so you need to figure out how to avoid really low hit rates the more you are going to amp big.

Hello.

Well, i dosent know how to start.
I will start to do a imagine about my and my style.
Items that i use : Terra Master 5 ( 7 enhacers slots in use for 1200 meters deep, used more in PVP for Stuff with good MU)
Finder F-105 ( for indoor mining)
LBML ( to know where,when and how i droped )
Level 3 AMP ( for redulite, pyrite , fire, etc)
Level 5 Amp ( for usual mining runs)
Level 7 and 8 Amp ( for indoor mining runs)
Level 13 Amp ( for the time when i am an idiot)

Place where i use to go - Calypso, Foma , Arkadia, Arkadia UG and MOON , Rocktropia and HELL.
Deposit in last month ; 50k peds.
Cyrcle more that 100k just in mining.

At the start of month, lvl 13 claims indoor and planet side was ok. Now , indoor i cant find more that 1 claim pro lvl 13, lvl 8 and 7 just 2 .
Lvl 13 Amp for planetside is dead ( worst that in Indoor mining), also lvl 8 and 7 is fast in the same shit like lvl 13.
Now i see that also unamped i cant even get a 50% return tt. And i say this with lysterium and crude oil search. With stuff with good MU is under 30%.
I also let the place more that 6 hours to respawn the claims. Also checked the place that in last 30 minutes nobody have done a mining there. Dosent help. For me the place will be empty.

My biggest hits was ; 1,8k with lvl 13 on foma
1,3k with lvl 13 on ark ug
1,2 k with lvl 13 on calypso
900 with lvl 7 on foma
rest was just usual hits for lvl 13 ,8,7 amps
After i take out the MU price for amps , i cant even hit 50% return in tt.
I try to do somethig new, but in last days it so bad , that i cant continue anymore.
Is somebody in same situation here?

I am on "black list " on MA ?
Also dosent hit something big and also dosent withdraw money out.

1. No, you're not "on a "black list" on MA".

2. You go back to the same area after 6 hours? Why? Why not move to bigger areas?

3. Can you share your excel sheets that shows the runs and returns please?

tl;dr in 28/08/19
Mindark swap RTP from minning 95 to 90% as you said sometimes go indoor and indoor itself have 5% tax in this case you RTP there be 85%

Feel free to beleive on me or just ignore ... but minning atm its its ... you need around 113-115% avg mu to break even and most time you dont get that anymore , except very very specify wave surf.. have fun and great day....

Recent i logged no entropia notice big crashs around ores/emt that self explained above.. make even more stupid go minning in 2020/2021... maybe 2022? mindark?

*edit also max multi is around 300x cap however be please if you manage to hit 12x... in this days. its nothing wrong with setup or place or even ways you minning
you can keep try and eventual come same conclusion as many miner out there that play to profit(or at last not get !!!!) or believe in whatever you want

Last edited:
Others have pretty much already given much good advice, I'll add my bit but you probably won't like it. My advice. DON'T use amps - ever. Mining like everything else in EU is a gamble but using amps especially big amps, just makes the gamble even bigger. On average 2/3 of your drops are going to be NRF and every NRF is a dead loss to you. Using amps just makes that loss bigger and you are gambling that you'll get big enough claims with the remaining 1/3 (or less) of hits to compensate. Oh and avoid indoor as well especially with amps. Indoor you have only half of the search area as surface so a 50% less chance of getting a claim. Add to that the extra amp cost, and maybe thats why you only end up with 50% return. I might get individual runs with that sort of return, but long term I'm over 95% return.

Others have pretty much already given much good advice, I'll add my bit but you probably won't like it. My advice. DON'T use amps - ever. Mining like everything else in EU is a gamble but using amps especially big amps, just makes the gamble even bigger. On average 2/3 of your drops are going to be NRF and every NRF is a dead loss to you. Using amps just makes that loss bigger and you are gambling that you'll get big enough claims with the remaining 1/3 (or less) of hits to compensate. Oh and avoid indoor as well especially with amps. Indoor you have only half of the search area as surface so a 50% less chance of getting a claim. Add to that the extra amp cost, and maybe thats why you only end up with 50% return. I might get individual runs with that sort of return, but long term I'm over 95% return.
Search area indoors is even less actually. Remember you’re wanting to use the area of a circle equation here, not just straight radius or diameter. Your search area is actually reduced by 75% when you half the radius.

based on the amps you're using and where you're mining - put up against my spreadsheet:

i'd say you need to cycle another 2,140,000 ped to reach any sort of "mean" return mining in EU. and if you're getting 85-90% TT with large amp costs you're probably going to have to deposit an additional 260k ped to cycle enough to not go broke.

GL out there.

Back