Help: Mining went wrong VU10

Izuel

Provider
Society
NBK Miners
Izuel Digger Bone
This thread is for those ppl who are confused like me and would like to point out things that they DONT like about mining in new VU.

I was hoping that MA wouldnt f*ck things up with this new VU for miners but oh boy they did. I dont want to whine about mining loot that sucked hard but there are few things i wanted to point out.
1. Glitchy graphics and sound, most of the time i dont know what the hell is going on around me, flowers appearing like fruits in the previous VU, my ava turning into a rainbow (i think you know what i mean), sound stuttering every few minutes. And its not my pc it by default could run EU on very high but it crashed 2 times when i tryed it. Now i have to play with high graphics and it still lags like hell. Like wtf? I used to play crysis or farcry2 on max and it ran way smoother than eu on high :/ Oh and i cant change my resolution ingame :yay:
2. Glitchy terrain, i got stuck 2 time while running into a mountain, tryed every possible move but couldnt get out of that spot, had to use 60s tp since MF is disabled. It really sucks that now you cant climb every hill, it will probably leave lots of claims unclaimed or atleast cost you shitloads of time trying to get up every f-ing ramp.
3. Glitchy day/night cycle, i found out that on medium settings it gets so dark that its almost impossible to navigate inside Terminal cabins, and in the outer world you have to get gamma up to max to be able to see terrain.
4. Finally the last thing that pissed me off so much and made me create this stupid thread is this:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

A claim that never spawned or spawned inside the terrain, iam happy it was a tiny but things like this shouldnt happen in any circumstances, its our money and obvious bugs like these shouldnt get past testing phase. All in all i wish they had waited another year before releasing this half-finished graphic upgrade because it looked and played better before. And yes i know you are going to say thats its only the first day but cmon its not beta you cant joke around like that, there is real money involved here and during those two year they could atleast made sure smthng like this would never happen. Ive only tryed doing mining and droped like 40 probes, iam sure that i could write much more but iam getting sleepy so i will leave the rest to you guys :)

Last edited:
Well that ain't cool...

And yes i agree with you this ain't Beta...so this bugs and glitches shouldn't be happening.

And the lag...well i hope that it dissapear with time

was it on an LA? it seems that LA's are bugged. If they would have had a beta period of about a month or so a lot of this could have been found, but, there was going to be screaming from the forums either way.

I seem to have lost 4-5 claims this way already. Stepping aside and waiting for VU update :)

was it on an LA? it seems that LA's are bugged. If they would have had a beta period of about a month or so a lot of this could have been found, but, there was going to be screaming from the forums either way.

Yes it was on myrenes island, anyone else has this problem in eudoria?

hmm i found a quick way to solve the mining bugs... just go hunting! ;)
However I agree, mining can`t stay the way it is or many miners will be pissed off very soon.

I kinda dislike 160 tt return in 5 OA 103's..

and also some of the claims are invisible.

22 tt on 100 bombs.. that with a medium, had.. dunno.. 9 claims in total?

I'm with you on this one. These bugs should have been solved before the release. I can only hope they're going to be fixed soon, or MA will likely lose most of their mining community. And, from what I've seen, hunting can have some problems too. I nearly lost a few critters in the landscape after they died.
If it actually, happens, there are going to be pissed off people in at least two professions.

Lost about 3 claims. 2 to the hill....I mean mountains. one to a rock. They werent big. CND mining is alot more difficult to manuever to get claims. Couple hofs tho so no complaints on loot, just on ability to get loots.

A claim that never spawned or spawned inside the terrain, iam happy it was a tiny but things like this shouldnt happen in any circumstances, its our money and obvious bugs like these shouldnt get past testing phase.
Claims beeing inaccessible due to spawning inside rocks/trees/buildings have been around for ever as far as I know, and MA/FPC claim it is not a bug but a "feature". So I wouldn't count on that being fixed any time soon if ever.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it to.

The really big problem is climbing the slopes. Even slightly tilted one is big challenge and makes it very hard to get to the claims.

Well, for starters, the terrain is slow and hard to travel, that makes mining a LOT slower, and when you DO get a claim, it's somewhere where you either struggle 10 minutes to get, or you can't get there, ie. only a small hill can cause a lot of pain.
And when i managed to find some open spaces, the claims were obviously below the ground, finder says i'm standing on it but there's nothing there, this happened 3 times :\

I feel for you guys

But, lol, at least you can hunt and mine, I just get a 'stop action' screen, can't move, can't change graphics, lol, and CDT about every 5 mins I've been able to get on.

Seoul:mad:

I kinda dislike 160 tt return in 5 OA 103's..

and also some of the claims are invisible.

Sounds like my return with 20 105's before this VU.

I just droped 100 probes so far but I haven't had any problems with my claims. But then all claims I've got is on plain ground.
Will try some more when I get back home from work.
But no new ores/enmatters this vu?

Usually when I mine I stop and drop a bomb and, if I get a hit, I note how far away it is. This lets me know if I should try another bomb in the same spot.

When I drop a bomb now the screen goes all whacky and I wind up in a water graphic. I check the map and there isn't water for miles (km's for my euro bretheren). I can see the land, I try to swim for it. My position moves but the land is forever out of reach. I "T" out of it and then walk around with bubbles on my screen like I'm still in the water. That shit ain't right and it ain't fun.

Well.... i guess we will have to wait minimum a month before it will work well. Still having a problems to pass authorization screen. 1 ervery 30 tries i can log in. When i was in i mine a lil and all my claims where invisible also there was no deed in the inventory. Dropped like 30- 40 bombs and got f... all. Not happy at all.

Yes it was on myrenes island, anyone else has this problem in eudoria?

I have same problem on myrena, both ore and enm claims invisible... Imho few LA are bugged :(

no problems here till now
But mostly I mined outside of LAs

Alongside Entropia i have been playing WoW for some time.
It's a nice game where not much upsets me or agrevates me, except for one thing; Unreachable mining claims and extremly poor climbing skills.
Terrain design by people that must be borderlining retardation.

Ok, so why bring WoW up here?
Well, because i have always been happy about how theese things were so much better in Entropia and how much Blizzard
had to learn from Mindark about terrain planing and layout.
That i could always log EU when i wanted a much better product.

Now here comes VU10.0.....and you can guess for yourself how the rest of
this post would have sounded..so i won't even write it.
I'm too busy getting my heartrate down to safe levels again.

Here are some thoughts from a miner:

1. Mining just became much harder due to all the changes:mad:
2. Price of ores will have to go up due to that:D

I'm looking forward to selling my iron for 130% or caldo for 145% in the future. The downturn will be that people will overmine flatlands to avoid losing claims. I have yet to see how it will affect CND mining with all the terrain obstacles up there. I know I'm staying on Eudoria and as close as possible to towns and sea level.;)

Oh and lyst price will go over 110% soon due to a fact that finger joints will suffer extracting it.:D

One one hand Im satisfied: minning was really very easy in last VU. Now many will leave minning, hardcore minners will remain...
Everyone who could take a finder was a minner. Now it is starting to looks like a real - and hard - profession.

But on second hand i can hardly imagine how hard will be minning in pvp4 for example, or how frustrating it will from time to time, when a minnerr want to get the claim out of the ground.

Back