Mining, where?

Torschen

Stalker
Society
Fintropia Elite
Torschen Tors Kalevala
Hi!

Funny thing, I've been hunting a lot and I think I get about 50-120% back, depending of the day and place, generally I suppose I am closing 80-90%.

But mining..

IS there a connection with last mining places and if I try again same spot? So far I have not seen any. I have waited 2 weeks, then came back to same place with more skills and with better equiment: nothing, absolutely nothing. Well, maybe one (read: 1) poor again.

I understand that this kind of questions either have no answers or they are not answered..so:

I go happily hunting again! :)

But I really wish I could figure out at least some resemblance of a pattern in mining fields and their renewal.

I think one of the biggest problems with mining is that you can never be sure how long it is since someone else bombed the same area - especially if it is a good one!

In most cases : near tp or revival point is not recommended, because too many try there (in case there are resources in that area)
To reach the good spots you might need to run for a few minutes or so.
Also pay attention to mob behaviour in areas you did not tried bombing, sometimes they "guard" a vein and form a pattern on your radar.
And note that if you see those patterns you might as well need to switch between boms and probes or vice versa.

...and take a vodoo doll with ya, might use to pinch it, and read how it skuinks

now seriously, the farest from civilisation, the best ;)

lol my voodoo doll.. how could i forget that.. never ever will I leave it to storage anymore.

about that far from civ .. simple enough fact, thanks for reminding.

Try not to search patterns too deep. like "wow, 3 chirpy in a row guarding a yellow tree near a dead exarosaurus" :laugh:

off course i am exagerating. try to concentrate on facts. try to map the area, in certain determined areas (say 1000x1000 m). u will see there are areas bald naked, medium, scarced, good areas. also do it periodically, maybe it varies in time.

now, any possible place might be interferred by other miners, here it comes in handy what i said about far from civ. useless u search it and try to understand facts if somebody was there 10 minutes ago.

nevertheless, after some time, try to think like a pro. market demands gazzurdite, let's say. ok, gazz is in those area: x, y, z. u won't find it everytime at desired qty's, but in time, will be a good tactics.

not in the last point, secure urself a place or two of "crappy" ores/enmatter: lysterium/blau/belkar respectively oil/melchi. Melchi was useless for a period, selling at 105%, now is hot, u can get 120% on it. And in times of need, a good run with 50 bombs getting back 55 peds of lysterium is excellent for the moral and skills:)

good luck, but don't take that ATH before me :tongue2:

Kerham said:
off course i am exagerating. try to concentrate on facts. try to map the area, in certain determined areas (say 1000x1000 m). u will see there are areas bald naked, medium, scarced, good areas. also do it periodically, maybe it varies in time.

So what you're saying is that it's useless to try to mine where the vegetation is too dense? I can't afford mining just yet, but I want to try it as soon as I've got enough PEDs! :broke: :yup:

nonono, with "bald naked, scarced" etc I meant the content of ores. it has absolutely no importance what vegetations or whatever it is on the land.

I use a dowsing rod - I carry 2 midas tree boards around with me - when they point down I drop a probe or bomb :wise:

Kerham said:
nonono, with "bald naked, scarced" etc I meant the content of ores. it has absolutely no importance what vegetations or whatever it is on the land.

Hehe.. ok. So with mining it's basically just to drop bombs wherever you feel like it and hope for the best? Try and find areas where you think nobody else has been for a while etc? :)

I agree that you can find ore where ever you drop a bomb.But every miner has his A,B,C mining spots,where he breaks even .Im without such spots,or i knew 2 but they seem to give better to other avatars,so im back to myne "run around and drop where ever you want mining":)

But,last night i tryed something,and that made me feel kinda unconfortable.i use to mine in LA-s on Amathers,but teleported 15 times outside LA-s and droped one bomb each.I thought outside LA-s werent or were less ore to find,but now we have a HUGE area to cover,because,ores are now even outside LA-s. :wise:

u thought ores are only in LA's? were some hofs posted here in full description showing them are outside LA :)

I never mine i LA's, how wants to pay taxes, i am from denmark i am use to 60% taxes, so no thaks to taxes in PE :D

Back