Missing globals on Entropia Tracker

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
As some of you might have noticed yesterday quite a few Entropia Universe sites went down for what I hear was 5 hours.
Obviously with Murphy's law and what not I was our sampling the local bar stock of beer and liquor so I only realized it when peter from Entropia planets called me on the phone - not much I could do then.

Anyways.. Obviously Entropia Tracker missed all the globals while the sever was down, but not all is lost!
If I get a chat.log with the missing globals in, I can parse them to the database.
So far I have a chat.log from 19:00 to 23:30 MA time.
I dont know when the server went up again, it was up when I got home around - cant remember when this was...

If any of you have a chat.log that covers 23:30 -> "When it went back up" I would very much like that.

PM me you have one, then I can provide my email.

:)

If the times in chat log are in MA time, then I have globals from 23.30-00.39

Anyone got a chat.log from 00:30 to when ET went back online?

I have from 2011-01-16 00:34:18 to 2011-01-16 02:48:47

I dont know when ET whent offline or online....

Im just shocked to know there is no backup for things like this inplace...

bad bad Starfinder... ;)

contact me on skype and I`ll send it.

I have from 2011-01-16 00:34:18 to 2011-01-16 02:48:47

I dont know when ET whent offline or online....

Im just shocked to know there is no backup for things like this inplace...

bad bad Starfinder... ;)

contact me on skype and I`ll send it.

Backup.. what do you mean?.. So.. if Planet Calypso Forum goes offline.. you find it shocking that there is not a backup site that just automatically goes online and redirect all DNS records immediately to the new site?

The serverpark could not be contacted for whatever reason.. That pretty much makes all backup things there is on the site redundant.. And yes, ofc there is backup's of the entire site and databases every 24 hour.

But thats not the point here.. the point is that the servers could not be contacted.. a hardware malfunction.

Backup.. what do you mean?.. So.. if Planet Calypso Forum goes offline.. you find it shocking that there is not a backup site that just automatically goes online and redirect all DNS records immediately to the new site?

The serverpark could not be contacted for whatever reason.. That pretty much makes all backup things there is on the site redundant.. And yes, ofc there is backup's of the entire site and databases every 24 hour.

But thats not the point here.. the point is that the servers could not be contacted.. a hardware malfunction.

I wasnt talking about the forum site, tho I cant understand why they dont run a mirror site.

I was thinking about your Feeding Clients, even tho they cant connect to ET, they should still have their chat.log.
Or is it so that you have no personal, or access to any of the Feeding Clients, and need help from the people here who are the Feeding Clients.

The reason why clients cant report old globals - as they would need to if it could be cached and then sent in when the site went back online is that MindArk's implementation of the timestamp in the chat.log is stupid to say the least.

They take the system time + your locale settings.. and calculate the GMT time from that.

Thus, if you live in sweden... Set your "locale"to Australia.. Then manually change your clock to fit current swedish time.. and disable the "sync with time server".. then your chat.log timestamp will be fubar.. :)

Thats why I dont use the timestamp in the chat.log as the time for the global normally.

:)
Also, MindArk transmits the globals arround inside EU in a "strange way". So far I have got 2 chat.log's.. Here's the one of the same globals from those two chat.log's...

Chat.log 1:
2011-01-15 23:34:17 [Local] [] Randi Red Candies killed a creature (Atrax Young) with a value of 52 PED!

Chat.log 2:
2011-01-15 23:36:45 [Local] [] Randi Red Candies killed a creature (Atrax Young) with a value of 52 PED!

So.. it took like 2 min extra for the global to reach person 2...

All those things = I dont trust the time of the chat.log :)

Ok.. I think we are close to done inserting the globals now..
I have gotten 3 chat.logs that seems to cover the entire evening's fun...

So thanks to
Freyr
Kimmi
SanSiim

If you have a global that wasn't in one of those 3 chat.logs.... please send me your chat.log for the evening..

Nice job fast and working :p

Never go work to MA our you lose ur professionalism :p

Back