Mister Calypso 2012

If I do find a sponsor, you can add me.
I'll let you know if anything happens. ;)

13:holyshit::yay::yay::yay::wtg::dance: my lucky number:)

New offer:

DOUBLEPACK ;)

doublepack.jpg

What you say Juan?

I mean ... it's boring to look at male guys showing fashion ...

Last edited:
What music will we have ... btw
Just asking because of dancing

Guys, dont be shy, we need more contestants, there are lot of new additions this year, and even a simple combo of colors/textures could grab the first place... You just have to be ORIGINAL :)

hoping to win...

and hoping you like green clothes :)

Juan, I have been going through some looks, trying to get ideas.

Have any links handy with prior attempts at "Full Metal"

The other 2 looks I have ready for the event, Still unsure how to go about setting up for that 1 category, ty!

You just have to be ORIGINAL :)

I can be original but my audience's humor is crucial when determining whether I'm being groundbreaking or just a buffoon. X-D

I have an idea but I'm not sure whether it has been done before...

Up with the thread, we NEED more guys to join :)

Juan, I have been going through some looks, trying to get ideas.

Have any links handy with prior attempts at "Full Metal"

The other 2 looks I have ready for the event, Still unsure how to go about setting up for that 1 category, ty!

Its a combination of armor(4 parts at least)+clothes. Use your imagination on what you think could impress the judges. :)

Sign me up, buttercup.

Added both of you :)

is the list full?

I have sent a message to each participant so they provide more info :)

Pls send me an email ASAP.

Thank you,
True Juan:bandit:

I would like to be considered for the event please

Hi folks

I would like to enter the fashion event please.

Couple of questions please:

It is one outfit for each of the three categories, for the walk down the cat-walk? Or can you switch multiple outfits during the walk?

Is it permitted to take a jacket off to show the shirt etc, then put the jacket back on whilst walking on the catwalk?

Are there any rules, which we should be made aware of?

Thank you folks, look forward to seeing you all Saturday.

Rick (Rickard Rick England)

ps: nice prizes.

Hi folks

I would like to enter the fashion event please.

Couple of questions please:

It is one outfit for each of the three categories, for the walk down the cat-walk? Or can you switch multiple outfits during the walk?

Is it permitted to take a jacket off to show the shirt etc, then put the jacket back on whilst walking on the catwalk?

Are there any rules, which we should be made aware of?

Thank you folks, look forward to seeing you all Saturday.

Rick (Rickard Rick England)

ps: nice prizes.

Hi,

Anyone can enter the event :) Yes, one outfit for each category, but some items can be used in other categories aswell.
The whole set cannot be changed, but you CAN tak off the jacket or coat when at catwalk.
There arent any rules on what you need to wear, but maybe its a good idea to check the outfits from previous years to get an idea on what each category should look like :)

Hope to see you there,
TJ

Thanks.

Ok, regarding this form you are asking us to fill out, I'm just curious why it is necessary. I have not downloaded it because i'm not really comfortable downloading something from a site in another language (call me old fashioned):cool:

Anyways, I was thinking that informing the judges exactly what we are wearing would sort of put a bias towards those who simply have more expensive stuff. I mean, the contest should really be about looks alone :3

- Nightmare

Please add "Al Magam Gambe" to the list (by request ingame)

Ok, regarding this form you are asking us to fill out, I'm just curious why it is necessary. I have not downloaded it because i'm not really comfortable downloading something from a site in another language (call me old fashioned):cool:

Anyways, I was thinking that informing the judges exactly what we are wearing would sort of put a bias towards those who simply have more expensive stuff. I mean, the contest should really be about looks alone :3

- Nightmare

first the site is legit i got atlest no virus... also ask for an english link i got one :D

secondly i agree about the clothes

- Nightmare

Here's an english version: http://www.filesonic.com/file/4190506535
When you open the site, scroll down a little click on "Slow Download" then u wait 30 seconds, type in the verification code and then click "Start download now"

Actually the info would be gathered and only basic info would be forwarded to the judges (textures/colors). This has nothing to do with the overall looks, but sometimes judges miss out on some serious details people put in their clothes. I am just trying to make sure this doesnt happen.

Also, this info was supposed to be provided to the AHR DJ David Westmoreland, so that he can at least describe the things people are wearing on his livestream show. Also many people scan on the event so they know what the contestants are wearing... this creates enormous lag and a judge might have a problem seeing everything due to this.

Just trying to gather as much information, so that people listen to the live show, instead of scanning away during this event. On Miss Calypso a few people crashed due to this. I am trying to prevent the need for scanning.

But anyways, I might not have all the info in time, since only 2-3 participants sent in their info, so it might be the same as in previous years.

We will see...

But I hope you understand why I wanted to gather this info.

:)

Fair enough :) but could you state that the form is optional (i assume it is already). Some participants may not want a particular texture/color combo to be made public.

Just trying to bring around specifics to these newly implemented features to an already awesome event. Looking forward to seeing how this develops in future years! :cool:

- Nightmare

EDIT: Thanks for clearing up the air and providing english links.

Fair enough :) but could you state that the form is optional (i assume it is already). Some participants may not want a particular texture/color combo to be made public.

Just trying to bring around specifics to these newly implemented features to an already awesome event. Looking forward to seeing how this develops in future years! :cool:

- Nightmare

EDIT: Thanks for clearing up the air and providing english links.

Well I actually wanted everyone to send in their info, so that there can be a good comment on it from the live stream. I dont understand how you want to keep your texture/color secret. If the people wont know through the radio-show, the will be scanning you anyways (btw, on Miss Calypso, David was scanning all the participants before they walked out on the stage). Due to the fact that this causes lag, I decided (it was a suggestion from one of the participants of this years Mister) that it would be a good idea if people dont scan on the event at all.

Do you see where Im heading here? :) Im just trying to make the event much more pleasant for you guys. The combo of texture/color will not be kept secret however hard you try :) People WILL scan you.

Thats the only reason why I want(ed) to do this.
Its much easier for me to just do nothing and have it the same way as Miss :) Just trying to apply new features and see if it makes the event better or not :)

Well I actually wanted everyone to send in their info, so that there can be a good comment on it from the live stream. I dont understand how you want to keep your texture/color secret. If the people wont know through the radio-show, the will be scanning you anyways (btw, on Miss Calypso, David was scanning all the participants before they walked out on the stage). Due to the fact that this causes lag, I decided (it was a suggestion from one of the participants of this years Mister) that it would be a good idea if people dont scan on the event at all.

Do you see where Im heading here? :) Im just trying to make the event much more pleasant for you guys. The combo of texture/color will not be kept secret however hard you try :) People WILL scan you.

Thats the only reason why I want(ed) to do this.
Its much easier for me to just do nothing and have it the same way as Miss :) Just trying to apply new features and see if it makes the event better or not :)

You're doing an awesome job so far. Just trying to get the finer details :) Also, you can't tell what color is applied to an item by scanning it. Therefore, if there is a cheap way to make a rare color, some people might want to keep it a secret (btw i have nothing to hide... yet :cool: ).

I guess im asking, will there be negative consequences if a player decides not to fill in various parts of the info?
I'm asking for somebody

You're doing an awesome job so far. Just trying to get the finer details :) Also, you can't tell what color is applied to an item by scanning it. Therefore, if there is a cheap way to make a rare color, some people might want to keep it a secret (btw i have nothing to hide... yet :cool: ).

I guess im asking, will there be negative consequences if a player decides not to fill in various parts of the info?
I'm asking for somebody

Maybe more lag due to scanning, otherwise there wont be any consequences, and wont have any impact on your scores from the judges :) I will try to provide the info I have to David, and if only a few people will send the forms, he will be scanning like on Miss :)

TJ:bandit:

Back