Mixed armor

Yirrk

Stalker
Society
Jurai Blood Academy
Yirrkala "Yirrk" Wombarra
Hi --
I'm using a few different types of armor to make a set -- how would I figure out the total protection I'm getting, as opposed to using one complete set of armor?

Thanks,
Yirrk

It doesn't work like that. If a mob hits you in the head, only the helmet protects you, so it would use the helmet stats. If it hits you on the shins, only the shin guard's protection matters.. etc etc.

So do I have to get an Armor Amp for each individual part?
And which body area gets hit most, statistically speaking?

Yirrk said:

Hunting in different armor part is abit problematic, unless they all have protection in the same category, like for instance Impact. Since Impact is covered by most Armor's, you'd properly only heable to hunt Impact creatures effeciently.

I don't know anyone yet that made a bigger statistical report about which parts of the body is being hit a most. I could assume that it depend on the size of the creature, but I might be totally wrong.

I think it's safe to say a Hiryuu would hit you more often in the head then a sabakuma would (just as the Saba would hit you more in the feet the the lizard would). ;)

Last edited:
Yirrk said:

I assume by armor amp you mean platings. Platings can help but once again with mix and matched armor, unless you get similar armor then you will have problems with any mob imho because you will never be able to protect from them evenly depending on how different your armor is. Let me see if I can clairfy.

My wife uses Knight armor. We can not seem to find fem knight shins so she uses shogun shins because they offer the same type of protection just a different degree of it. If she used Knight armor with lets say Viking shins then went and hunted something that does cold dmg she would be in big trouble unless they hit her in the shins 100% of the time because the rest of the armor (knight) has little to no protect against cold. Now in theory you could use platings to cover the shortcomings but platings are an enhancer not meant to give large amounts of protection from damages that different armor lacks. just emant to give you a few more points here and there to help you stay alive a bit longer.

Yirrk said:

This is exatly the question I was going to ask...

Platings, do i need to add a plate to each peice of armour or does one plate cover the lot?

I didn't know I didn't know about platings until i found a bargin on the auction. Now a unknown unknown is a known unknown and I just want to know ( :confused: thx Mr Rumsfield)

Yes, you need to put a plate on each piece of your armor to be completely protected :)

Back