MMM some help...

sacw

Hatchling
I been waiting for a few days to finally be able to play, finally my account was aproved but when i try to log in the program crashed, after disabling all of the options I was able to manage to get into the avatar creation, but all i could see was a few lines (nothing even cose to a shape of a character).
then i rechecked the system requirments and realice that the graphic cards posted were only Nvidia and ATI, i have a laptop runing a Intell extreme graphics II with the latest driver, so is this the reasin why this is happening, or if not what could it be?
all help is greatly apreciated

Dont know

I have no knowledge of the mentioned card, but its prolly the cause of your problem. Does it support directX 9 (do you have dx9 installer)?
It could also be other parts of your setup that is causing problems, but my first thought is the graphics card..

I also have no knowledge of the card but there used to be a similar problem with newer drivers for nvidia cards this was fixed but if you have the same sort of problem, what worked for me was installing the one before the newest driver sorry i cant be of more help all i can suggest is to file a support claim you can do this through IE or firefox at http://www.project-entropia.com just log in there with your username and password

Badboyz3584 said:
forgot the "-" in that last post

it's:
http://www.project-entropia.com

thanks

Last edited:
sacw said:
Intell extreme graphics II with the latest driver, so is this the reasin why this is happening, or if not what could it be?
all help is greatly apreciated

yes, intel gc can not handle PE

ohh, man so is there nothing i can do?
isnt there something...
well i hope in the future then they expand the type of computers that can use PE,
(i wanted to play so bad... oh well)
thanx

Not happening

sacw said:
ohh, man so is there nothing i can do?
isnt there something...
well i hope in the future then they expand the type of computers that can use PE,
(i wanted to play so bad... oh well)
thanx
I think you need to expand your PC rather than hope for PE to expand to make use of low-end graphics cards (I assume the intel card you have is low-end as it cannot handle PE, most cards can).

Tigerman said:
I think you need to expand your PC rather than hope for PE to expand to make use of low-end graphics cards (I assume the intel card you have is low-end as it cannot handle PE, most cards can).

well its a laptop so you cant really expand it, and it works well with all my other games.
btw.. what is the reason it wouldn't be able to handle PE, was it programmed only to run on those types of cars?

DirectX 9 and memory issues i assume.

I still dont have any knowledge about your Intel card, but the game is written to run on DirectX9 compatible graphics cards i think. Also theid need 128mb or more graphics memory (i think). But what "other games" are you referring too? It might give me some idea of what you can run and what might be the problem..

Ok well i play UT2004 very well, warcraft, americas army, the sims 2, and some others, they all run well. and intell does run directx. I have it with directX 9c.

well i just got the answer back from the people of PE, and they said that that my grphic card is not supported :(
now im so depresed.............
well im gonna have to find a way to get a new grphics card.... any one knows how i can find out if i can get a new graohics card for a laptop, I think u cant but im not sure.

While development for this advancement is underway, removable / swappable video cards for notebooks are not available. Because the memory of the GPU (Graphics processing unit) on your notebook is/are intergrated/shared and have incorporated standard VGA-type video circuits on the motherboard instead of being dedicated, performance of the 3-D acceleration that is provided from the memory is going to be exceptionally lower than normal. We must also remember that because your GPU (Intel Extreme Graphics II) is intergrated on the motherboard, the type of memory the video card is using is UMA (Universal memory architecture) will differ greatly compared to one that is dedicated (For example AGP will use the older type of DDR and DDR-II while PCIe will be using GDDR3.) A simple solution would be: 1. Switch to gaming on a tower that has at least a graphics card that is compatible to PE with its own dedicated memory or 2. If a tower is not available / not possible, your second best bet would be to buy a new notebook that has at least its own dedicated memory and has minimum of 128MB.

Or it could be that your running an Intel ;)

Speaking of which, are you running on a Dell notebook?

nah its a gateway with intell grahpics extreme 2.
unfortunatelly i dont have to much money to buy a notebook so im probably stuck....it took ne 3 years to save to buy this laptop, i didnt thpight that the graphics card would end up affecting me so much....

Back