Question: Mob level and Evade needed to miss

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
Hey all,

This occured to me last night when i was hunting scips

Some may be aware of this thread here

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?139986-Evade-needed-for-which-mob-to-miss

My evade level is 31, and scips young are level 31, and they miss me a fair amount
Scips mature 33, don't really miss me much and...
Scips old 35?, hardly missed me at all

So i was thinking is a mobs level directly related to level evade needed for them to miss?

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: apologies if this has already been discussed

Well it sure doesn't work on Feffoids, but for other mobs it pretty much feels like the level of the mob.

Small argos started missing me a lot in the 10-11 evade
Feffoids always missed a lot
Atrox started surely missing more after 20, and getting better (soon 23 evader)

Neconu misses me a lot and formicacida doesn't hit often either (22,9 evader)

There's some idea, sure

I think that on a per mob basis we should at least expect Evader level needed to be in direct proportion to the mob level. So what you said about different maturities of Scips would be true.

But then if you compare a Scip Young to some other level 31 mob, the level of Evader needed could be different.

I haven't done any testing myself though, so I can't be sure at all.

So i was thinking is a mobs level directly related to level evade needed for them to miss?

No.

Atrox and Falx are two particularly obvious examples I can think of where it doesn't work.

No.

Atrox and Falx are two particularly obvious examples I can think of where it doesn't work.
That is true as well - when comparing two different mobs, mob level doesn't really work, as regen weighs fairly heavily on mob level. Ambulimax Youngs have a higher level than Falxangius Youngs (37 vs. 35) and yet Falx Youngs are a lot tougher. This is apparently due to regen, as other mobs with a lot of regen have strangely high levels (i.e. Molisk).

Mob levels are more of a guideline than a rule, at least unless they are revised.

Regen seems to mess up a lot on the level of the mob, high regen means higher level, but also less chance to hit.

Feffoids have high regen and Clan warlord at lv36 surely doesn't need lv36 evader.

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Seems it is definitely not the case

Oh well, it was just idle thoughts after all :)

May the hof be with you all

Rgds

Ace

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Seems it is definitely not the case

Oh well, it was just idle thoughts after all :)

May the hof be with you all

Rgds

Ace

this is one of the first things i also thought of when mob level was first introduced, however. as others have already pointed out, there are definitely some pretty obvious examples there. like falx and ambu. it seems mob level is still somewhat of a mystery. :/

What about this?

Do nonregen mobs have similar level to evade?

Do regen mobs have a set level too? EG 10 levels below? So a level 30 regen mob would miss at level 20, and a level 60 regen mob would miss at level 50? (these are made up numbers to illustrate my thoughts)

I know i am stretching here, but if there is a direct correlation, then the advantages are obvious

Rgds

Ace

EDIT:

Test 2

Maybe evade needed is matched to a mobs stamina? As i understand it (probably wrong) a mobs regen is directly related to their stamina?

What about this?

Do nonregen mobs have similar level to evade?

Do regen mobs have a set level too? EG 10 levels below? So a level 30 regen mob would miss at level 20, and a level 60 regen mob would miss at level 50? (these are made up numbers to illustrate my thoughts)

I know i am stretching here, but if there is a direct correlation, then the advantages are obvious

Rgds

Ace

EDIT:

Test 2

Maybe evade needed is matched to a mobs stamina? As i understand it (probably wrong) a mobs regen is directly related to their stamina?

Still no :D

Falx Young and Hogglo Young have the same L number but their hit rate is very different.

Stamina is just max HP/10.

Still no :D

Falx Young and Hogglo Young have the same L number but their hit rate is very different.

Stamina is just max HP/10.

Damn ;) (too short)

EDIT: i think i had better stick to mining lol

Hey all,

This occured to me last night when i was hunting scips

Some may be aware of this thread here

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?139986-Evade-needed-for-which-mob-to-miss

My evade level is 31, and scips young are level 31, and they miss me a fair amount
Scips mature 33, don't really miss me much and...
Scips old 35?, hardly missed me at all

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: apologies if this has already been discussed

an old study demonstrate this:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Activity&id=11
in particular in this figure
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Gallery.aspx?image=2862

moreover there is just a way to answer to your question about scip in a scientific way without considering ...feelings (i don t get a lot of hit from this mob but a lot more from this other one.....etcetc) and it s to use our two tools:

Mob Attack Calculator Tool- Study-Collaboration
Evade Tool calculator:a collaboration study

I will add some info about next time i login EU (EU is no more a fair/funny place for me) in the mean time your contribute will answer to your question and will help anyone.

DC

ok i did a little run and voila.

Still the data are not...massive but you can for sure see a trend. So a scip hit you max once each 2.53 sec for a total of max 23.76 hits per minute. At my evade level 33.2 an old hit me the 58.2% of the time (so this mean 58.2% of 23.76 hits per minute) Alpha miss me the 10% of the time, a stalker never miss me. For dom, prov and guardian the miss per minute are very close. I need to collect more dta for those 3 mobs, expecially provider and dominat.
At 31 probably the situation is a little bit worst, probably a guardian never miss you, but you need to run some test at your own evade level.
DC

when i was lvl 5 evade ambulimax hardly hit me and they are lvl 37

Back