Info: Modified Miners Inc

Just wanted to say hello, my IRL wife and I were both accepted into the society today, and we are happy to be aboard!

Both of us have played for quite a long time (IIRC since 2005, we both stopped for a while and started to play again a couple of months ago).

I will post a pic of my stats later this evening (I'm in CST (GMT+6) time zone), but IIRC I am between 1800-1900 on Prospecting and 1000-1100 on Drilling (both chipped).

Regardless, thanks for having us as a part of the society!

Edit: And I guess it's my first post too :)

Edit Again:

Here are my mining stats:

http://www.acqusys.com/20081007miningstats.jpg

Thanks,
Endar98

Hey,

Welcome to the soc Phil... glad to have you both on board.. :cool:

Updating skills now...

Look fwd to catching up in game too... ;)

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Modified Miners Inc.. have created a weekly "Society Lotto" this lotto is only open to its society members...

The entry fee is 1 ped per week and the draw will be held every Sunday at 12:30 MA time.. (all entries must be in before this time, paid to Jack Scudd Samuels or Freidhelm Blaffin McKrill)

How does it work?

Every society member is given a society log number when they join.. (see below)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

This number stays with you throughout your society duration and never changes... each week I will enter the total amount of society members into the number generator (including kicked members, members that have left and non participants)
... and a number will be generated at random.. (see below)

[Example]

Should the random number fall on a non current or non participating member.... this will be classed as a ROLL OVER week.. and all entry fees will be added to the following weeks draw.
(Any unclaimed loots will be held buy Jack Scudd Samuels to be claimed as and when the society member logs on)

I hope this draw can be held and run on trust ie: "my word", however if society members would like to see a screen shot of the generated number, I would be happy to post it here.

[Example Draw] A society member pays a 1 ped entry fee and could win....... 31 ped, (at present) as we have 31 members, if we all took part. The more members the bigger the win... ;)

Working towards building a better and happier mining community... :cool:

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

[ps:] The entry fee has been kept low so even the newest of members can afford to participate... (thats only 200 sweat guys) :tiphat:

Last edited:
But the more members there are, the less chance you have of winning :silly2: Good idea with the soc lotto!

I'm sure for a ped each entry we can run this on trust easy enough ;)

I'm sure for a ped each entry we can run this on trust easy enough ;)

Several entries so far... first draw this Sunday guys... get yr entries in.. :cool:

This weeks winner was...

Number 14 - Angie Price Fall

Details also posted on soc terminal

Gratz to Angie... and looking fwd too next weeks draw with more entries ;)

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Silly lotto, i still threw my peds in the loot pool because i like to gamble! thats why i play this game right? :yay:

On a more serious note to anyone reading this is a great society. Joined up when i saw this post myself as I was looking for a good active mining soc and while not everyone can get 6 towers like scudd, everybody is very helpful with information about mining, or just about the game in general (especially for newcomers out there) +rep to scudd :)

On a more serious note to anyone reading this is a great society. Joined up when i saw this post myself as I was looking for a good active mining soc and while not everyone can get 6 towers like scudd, everybody is very helpful with information about mining, or just about the game in general (especially for newcomers out there) +rep to scudd :)

Thx Kayla...

I would also like to say a big thank you to all our members who have made this such a great place to be... :cool:

I am very pleased to be part of this society.. and to be able to offer the help and support that we all need from time to time...

Working towards building a better mining community... :cool:

Good luck and prosperous mining...

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Rich XXIII (Cumbriz)

On behalf of Modified Miners Inc, I would just like to say a big thank you to all our members on making this such a great place to be... :cool:

If you are passionate about mining, whether you are Initate or Uber we, have something to offer everyone.. guidence, advise, friendship amongst miners or even a one on one demonstration to get you started.. we offer help to all..

Below is an example of something that could happen to anyone of us..

A "rarety" I will say but achieveable never the less..

Rich XXIII (Cumbriz) Ziplex Z1 OreSeeker with no amp..

This is the second tower the society has taken this month.. we hope there will be many more to come in the future..

The 1st soc Tower by Friedhelm Blaffin McKrill..

Rich XXIII (Gazzurdite)

I look forward to your applications.. Good luck and prosperous mining..

Working towards building a better mining community.. :cool:

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Last edited:
So glad I joined, havent quite met everyone yet, but the ones I have have been very friendly and helpful to this noob.
Entering lotto tonight if your on.

you guys are on fire with those towers where the heck is mine :scratch2::laugh:

:wtg:

Modified Miners Inc.. have created a weekly "Society Lotto" this lotto is only open to its society members...

The entry fee is 1 ped per week and the draw will be held every Sunday at 12:30 MA time.. (all entries must be in before this time, paid to Jack Scudd Samuels or Freidhelm Blaffin McKrill)

How does it work?

Every society member is given a society log number when they join.. (see below)

This number stays with you throughout your society duration and never changes... each week I will enter the total amount of society members into the number generator (including kicked members, members that have left and non participants)
... and a number will be generated at random.. (see below)

[Example]

Should the random number fall on a non current or non participating member.... this will be classed as a ROLL OVER week.. and all entry fees will be added to the following weeks draw.
(Any unclaimed loots will be held buy Jack Scudd Samuels to be claimed as and when the society member logs on)

I hope this draw can be held and run on trust ie: "my word", however if society members would like to see a screen shot of the generated number, I would be happy to post it here.

[Example Draw] A society member pays a 1 ped entry fee and could win....... 31 ped, (at present) as we have 31 members, if we all took part. The more members the bigger the win... ;)

Working towards building a better and happier mining community... :cool:

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

[ps:] The entry fee has been kept low so even the newest of members can afford to participate... (thats only 200 sweat guys) :tiphat:

Lotto rule ammendment: #1

All lotto winners have a 2 week deadline in which to claim winnings.. should the winnings not be claimed within this time frame then the winnings will be added back to the loot pool for the week following the expired date......

Note: This ammendment is an aggreed decision by society members, however an exemption to this rule would be if a pre-arranged absence has been agreed with Jack Scudd Samuels ie: Holidays, RL commitments etc.. again this will be governed by an agreed time frame...

Thank you for your participation and gratz to the lotto winners so far... :cool:

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Sunday 2nd November 2008 - Soc Hunt

Today we had decided to take a break from mining and went on a Soc Hunt on Foul and Argo's...

In a short time we hit our 1st global (108ped).. not long after followed another global (78 ped).. loots eased up on the Foul so we moved onto some Argo's.. only average loot from these guys so decided to stop and we were all pleased to see a nice "profit" for all team members... :cool:

Great work guys.. really enjoyed that.. not bad for a bunch of miners :laugh:

Global #1 - 108 PED

Global #2 - 78 PED

Thanks to binary for the screenies... and we look forward to some more soc fun soon..:cool:

Good luck and prosperous mining....

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Last edited:
If anyone has any belk for sale give me a shout i'm crafting up to 10k of the stuff away a day :)

If anyone has any belk for sale give me a shout i'm crafting up to 10k of the stuff away a day :)

I've got some belk :silly2:

bump for blaff's and scudds soc

Modified Miners Inc are no longer running a Society Lotto ...

... there has been speculation as to whether this is deemed to be an aceptable activity in the eyes of MA, so until further notice the lotto is no longer available..

Better to be safe than sorry.. ;)

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

I would like to join this society, I am currently lvl 21 prospector, i will log on tonight to register.

Uulwyn

I would like to join this society, I am currently lvl 21 prospector.

Uulwyn

Hi,

Send in an application via your nearest society terminal I will take a look as soon a I log on...

Many thanks and will glad to have you with us..

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Last edited:
BUMP for scudd and co :)
tx for the bump, but ... what's the point in bumping thread 35 mins after the last post? :rolleyes: And there's also forum rule 3.11 (oh well, I don't like it much, but ...), so it would be better to say something instead of just bumping :D

tx for the bump, but ... what's the point in bumping thread 35 mins after the last post? :rolleyes: And there's also forum rule 3.11 (oh well, I don't like it much, but ...), so it would be better to say something instead of just bumping :D

i didnt even see when scuud posted anyway.

but if its a problem i wont friendly bump ur soc post again.

sorry for trying to be nice.

hey, mate, didn't want to be mouldy (I said "tx", and I meant it)... Just saw one of my posts deleted some time ago because of silly rule 3.11, so I thought it would be good to advise to say smth more than just "bump" ("just bumping" might be a problem for some, but not for me) ;)

Modified Miners Inc. recruiting!
Great society to join!!!!
:D:D:D

hey, mate, didn't want to be mouldy (I said "tx", and I meant it)... Just saw one of my posts deleted some time ago because of silly rule 3.11, so I thought it would be good to advise to say smth more than just "bump" ("just bumping" might be a problem for some, but not for me) ;)

"just bumping" ;)

can we change soc name to modified miners/hunters inc. ? seems like we've been doing alot of killing stuff lately... :D

can we change soc name to modified miners/hunters inc. ? seems like we've been doing alot of killing stuff lately... :D

With ore prices as 'low' as they are.. time is best spent servicing yr mining equipment.. :laugh:

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Back