Molisk "Adjusted" now?

Status
First they take away my favourite mobs atrox and combibo, then my second best molisks :( what next MA? wanna take my ped card? :mad: yes yes regenerating mobs give better loots and they're more of a chalenge.. :rolleyes: but i liked them the way they were :locked: if these new molisks suck as much as combis then i'll just quit, i'm not going to dance for MA and go for stupid argos :laugh: what a whiner i am lol :laugh:

if you cant handle changes you dont like EU is not the best place for you!

Yeah, the mobs are generally more fun after they have been improved.

It's just the usual EF-whining whatever MA do. ;)

So what, do we have like 3 more of these behind the scenes enhancements before ALL of the newb mobs are beyond reach of the new players MA is supposedly trying to attract?

Does that EF whining count the upper level players that can easily kill the enhansed mobs putting down the lesser skilled players for having a voice?

Just keep repeating this line until you don't have to anymore. Because we will all be gone.

It saddens me that this was done without even mentioning it. I have always said if they would "do" the molisks and argo's I would seriously consider moveing elsewhere. I am now seriously considering.
I guess im gonna be picking russian stones for a while now.

Another of the EU mystics speaks...

Thats it brain child tell MORE people to leave. Ensure your supremacy in EU.. Cant wait till the shit gets deep enough to stink up yer classes boots as well

hmm sucks...maybe theyre grand master plan is to just cater to the super rich one day....

i was really hoping they wouldnt go and change anymore animals....i just started liking to hunt lil molisk too

and yes I'm trying to get people to leave LOL :rolleyes:

I'm telling then to get used to it , or you could get all uptight, bitch and moan alot here and ingame, get pissed off more and more and develop IRL stress

or do what I do look at changes in a positive way .. mobs are harder = more loot from them and more challenge = nothing is gained looking back to how things were and wishing it was the "good old days" lol

So what, do we have like 3 more of these behind the scenes enhancements before ALL of the newb mobs are beyond reach of the new players MA is supposedly trying to attract?
What do you think the odds are, that MA will make all mobs too hard for new players?

Does that EF whining count the upper level players that can easily kill the enhansed mobs putting down the lesser skilled players for having a voice?
It's not about skill level.

It's about WHATEVER MA changes, some people will whine. Sometimes it's the ubers, sometimes it's the medium players and sometimes it's low-end players... But SOMEONE will whine. Every time.

Umm, soon whinning and complaining will be the only thing anyone but the top 10% of the depositors can do....errr did I just whine again :laugh:

or do what I do look at changes in a positive way .. mobs are harder = more loot from them and more challenge = nothing is gained looking back to how things were and wishing it was the "good old days" lol

The molisk is not harder. It does not deal more damage. Thus there is not more challenge. It just takes longer to kill then it used to, and you need a weapon that deals more dmg/sec to do it. More loot from them remains to be seen.

and there is something to be gained looking back at the good old days. It brings a smile on one's face.. if they think about that fun game we used to play.

I'm a seasoned Molisk hunter...

I hunt them almost on a daily basis, before the change there was almost NO regen on this mob. If they have "adjusted" this mob, then it won't be a big deal, as long as loot reflects this change.

I expected this change to come... it came earlier and unanounced... but you knew it was comming.

Suggestions:

° Instead of using 150-200 ped ammo, you better use 300-400 ped / hunt now (to cover +- the same or bigger amount of molisks you can loot).

° Armour changes will not be needed (the dmge stays the same).

° Fap changes.. well if you use a fap I guess the same fap will still do.

° Concerning weapon.. maybe a higher dmge weap is needed..

That's all.. so don't panic and go test them yourself before you start screaming and running around with your hands in the air.

I'll test them tonight :)

cheerio
BB

The molisk is not harder. It does not deal more damage. Thus there is not more challenge. It just takes longer to kill then it used to, and you need a weapon that deals more dmg/sec to do it. More loot from them remains to be seen.

and there is something to be gained looking back at the good old days. It brings a smile on one's face.. if they think about that fun game we used to play.

higher hp = higher loot at least thats what I see on the last adj'ed mobs

so your time spend / peds returned should be the same

Do you hunt Molisk kygon?

It's actually a very good thing.

Yes their regen is faster now.

This will maybe elliminate some of these idiots who like to sell teeth and buttons on the auction for order prices and decrease the MV (and i mean decrease fast like yesterday from 460% to 430% lol !).

PEOPLE !
IF YOU DON'T WANT THE MV TO DROP AND DESTROY YOUR FUTURE AS A TARGETTED MOB HUNTER ALWAYS SELL FOR MV OR MV +FEW POINTS ON THE AUCTION !!!

Sorry for shouting :)

It is easy to sell for more than MV if the amount is low enough - like just few hundred teeth (200 to 400)

If you really want to sell it quickly then sell it to some trader in PA or Twin Peaks - that will not affect the MV because most probably he has a buyer or if not - he will sell it on the auction for a high price.

Only resellers would be profiting more if the mobs are regen, you have less teeth due to less mobs in the same run.

What people are going to leave just cuz MA made things a little harder?
MA isnt afraid of u leaving otherwise they wont implement it. Players leave and new players take ur place.
Considering CE2 is coming out, more people will be attracted. New players won't experience the changes made before so they dont give a dam. Just learn to adapt.

Seriously man.. god.. just because a few of u are unhappy doesnt mean the others are unhappy. Sure, ur ultimate protest can be u, urself leaving the game but that can never hurt MA. Yes, this is true 5 years ago when MA is just stepping in to the new world where the player base is small. They were afraid of adding new stuff which could affect the players making them leave. They change things back and forth but not anymore. MA is taking bold steps and they wont let the minority of u people hinder them.

Wake up! this is not the old PE anymore.

If u cant take shit solo, bring ur friends! Team hunt! I am sure MA is promoting more team spirit.

ye whatever...:rolleyes:

I'm glad the usual suspects (usual in that it doesn't affect them in any way) ;)

are happy.

I think it'll be a bit noisier when the Drones and Argos get their makeover. Shall we pencil that in for VU 9.4 chaps? :rolleyes:

MV is misleading, it always has been and always will be.

If you look on the buyouts on the auction, you'll often struggle to find a BO for less than market value. I'd suggest that that is the *real* market value - what people are willing to pay a buyout for. If that is lower than the market value, then someone doesn't care about PED!

Molisks having higher regen is fine. Even if they don't have more loot. They were damn slow anyway. If that means less people hunting my favourite mob, that means less lag. Good stuff. If they do have higher loot, even better :dance:.

However M.A. making the change and not listing it on the V.U.? BAD M.A.

Once I verify this, one support case coming up.

That's crazy, all of favorite mobs are gone now. Noooo! :(
Well, i hope they'll loot better at least.

" Dear participants,
In order to improve experience, the Drone generations were upgraded with new special advanced self-repair CYBERPED-EATER 2000 unit. This will make drones a more challenging and enjoyable foe. <- OOooOO lulz. " :D

In other words there is still some space for MA to "improve".

Oh well *sarcasm off*
... ignore this plz.

Do you hunt Molisk kygon?

believe it or not I hunt almost all mobs, nothing quite like hunting the mobs I've loved over the years ;)

also those bastards refuse to drop me any hermes lol ;)

I like to see the difference now I hunt small mobs naked when I used to use nem+5b plates :)

To counter a couple of the things said here:

1. The "new look" molisks are exactly the same (same hp, same damage dealt, same cute cuddly faces) except for they regen faster now. That's the only change made. I think the "higher hp=higher loot" thing can be thrown out in this instance.

2. It really doesn't take that much longer to kill. I did a quick opalo+a101 run, and it really only took 10 - 15 seconds longer to kill the young - scout variety. That's estimated, but I never timed how long it took to kill them before.

3. I said this in a thread in regards to some other topic* but I think it holds true here.

People, by nature, are going to bitch about what they see wrong in the world. Getting them to admit good things are happening is like pulling teeth sometimes.

*Oddly enough that topic included the realization that people will always think things were better in the old days. People's memories of the way things were seldom reflect the way things actually were.

They didn't....as was stated this was "noticed" before the VU was implemented, so it couldn't have been changed without an update.

There is no change, this is sheer paranoia.

I'll go and check myself in a few hours, if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but it doesn't fit.

OK, I stand corrected...it's true there re-gen has increased, but the loot from them has increased much more (at least today) considering that it takes almost exactly the same cost to kill them. I had to die and TP back before I was sure if it was true or not that I wasn't just getting lucky loots.
Re-gen = better loots - and seeing as I refuse to hunt in armour since the decay thing arrived (except in specific situations) this is a great thing to have happened. Finnally got a mob that gives good loot and requires no armour. Have a feeling these will become my new fave mob. :)

To counter a couple of the things said here:

1. The "new look" molisks are exactly the same (same hp, same damage dealt, same cute cuddly faces) except for they regen faster now. That's the only change made. I think the "higher hp=higher loot" thing can be thrown out in this instance.

I believe it's been proved that a 100HP mob which regenerates 20HP during the time you take to kill it gives the same average loot as a 120HP mob which does not regenerate.

So "higher regen=higher HP=higher loot" is correct.

But as a melee user I don't like this fast regeneration because I have to take more care changing to a cheap finisher. Ranged weapons are generally lower damage at higher speed than melee which are higher damage at lower speed; the consequence is that the overkill can be higher with melee.

Last edited:
Just saw this thread, so i tpd to a molisk leader to make sure it was as big as it could be. And indeed, i didnt think thered be anything to this. They regen HP just like the aliens, trox and so on do it seems... but their actuall hp seems to remain unchanged since even the big molisk still die very very quickly.

that (hp) will be adjusted in the next vu :wise:

I neglected to think about it in that fashion. Still, if you're using a high dps weapon on them, the regen is negated so that extra isn't really added. How does that contribute to higher loot if you kill them fast enough that they don't regen?

I neglected to think about it in that fashion. Still, if you're using a high dps weapon on them, the regen is negated so that extra isn't really added. How does that contribute to higher loot if you kill them fast enough that they don't regen?

perhaps this way the number of "wondering mobs" - the ones that killed you and still "attached to you" untill regenerate enough to be killed and looted by someone else will decrease a lot and will drain server resources///

with a "million concurent users" that could be a big problem lol

Always the same whining, same as when they changed the Atrox.

Everybody promised to never hunt trox again :laugh: Never ever so much Atrox hof's daily as now after the change.

Same as with Feffoids after their change and look how much they are hunted now.

It is the Global/HoF lie that a lot of püeople let them hunt atm.

PS: why continue to improve low end mobs? I allways thought the uber needed more challange so why not adjust some more high end mobs to get the more challange? SEG, Ossecolum, Despladators etc. would be good candidates to improve diversity for the bored uber hunters or what do you think? Is it better to change more low end mobs so new players gets less and less choices of mobs to hunt or is it better to make the uber mobs more of a challenge so the ubers can make real use of their 100K US$ investment?

I think its very ***CENSORED*** UP that this "feature" wasnt announced :mad:

I found my notes from 2 years ago, and decided to re-test

molisk young:

old data:

plain opalo: 30/32 shots or 60/64 pecs cost to kill

opalo/a101: 22/24 shots or 57/62 pecs cost to kill

new data:

plain opalo 51/54 shots or 102/108 pecs cost to kill

opalo/a101 31/33 shots or 80,6/85,8 pecs cost to kill

if someone has proof of increased loot... please do so.. the cost side is not looking too bright.

At least from the low end spectrum. I guess shooting it twice with a big weapon will keep the molisk from regenerating.

Last edited:
molisk always been the next step from snables or exas.. where will noobs change now? depo 2kped to buy armor and be able to hunt something..

Status
Back