Money in Entropia

Souran

Mature
Society
Red Glove Society
Nicholas Souran Woode-Smith
First im not saying they should take real money out of Entropia im just saying that the game would be funner if it was purely game money. It would be easier to have fun. They're would be less scams Etc. I like the concept of making money through a game but im just saying it would be more fun who agrees with me.

Then why don't you join one of the thousands of games without RCE? :scratch2:

Then why don't you join one of the thousands of games without RCE? :scratch2:

This is what i was trying to prevent. I love the way you can make money in Entropia. Im just stating the game would be funner without it.

This is what i was trying to prevent. I love the way you can make money in Entropia. Im just stating the game would be funner without it.

In which case we disagree! :laugh:

Have fun!

I like The RCE better makes you fee like wow i just wasted $100

I like the concept of making money through a game but im just saying it would be more fun who agrees with me.
Thats teh fun part of Entropia and the challenge not to lose (too much) money. MMO's that are subscription based are fine for those that want that sort of thing, but in the end they become very boring because they dont give you any real challenge.

The only thing i will say about subscription vs RCE is that when you dont need to worry about your ingame money it allows you to roleplay at a higher level.

Haha! So you give me a -rep because I 'didn't understand your thread'?

Grow up.

He -rep you haha thats funny, or should i say funner, no but really souran you want to keep the make money part but only spend in game money(to have fun) i'd like to keep my wages for fun, but my bank expects me to pay my bills, there's no justice in the world.

No meaning to dying and no meaning to loosing money means there is no point to the game. We gotta have SOMETHING to be of a challenge otherwise I think we skip out on entropia being defined as a game (and it is, despite what MA used to think - well FPC should be anyhow)

Wistrel

First im not saying they should take real money out of Entropia im just saying that the game would be funner if it was purely game money. It would be easier to have fun. They're would be less scams Etc. I like the concept of making money through a game but im just saying it would be more fun who agrees with me.

I disagree with you, don't paint me as a fanboy here because I could think of plenty negative sides of EU. Entropia's real cash economy makes the entire thing special and gives it a different experience unmatched by any other game. If you don't understand that, I'm sorry to say you're not exactly a genious. RCE is what entropia is about and you can't take that away.

sorry, but i dont understand the thread... and before you -rep me for that, explain what we are discussing....

I think it would be more fun if you don't need to have fuel in your car, just imaginary fuel :rolleyes:

The whole concept of EU revolves around the RCE, without it EU is just another MMORPG. I like EU the way it is, thank you.

Cheers :beerchug:

99% of ppl would leave

Removing the RCE is killing Entropia Universe. It's not a game, it's a real cash economy.

It would be the same as a supermarket that don't sell goods, a docter that don't heal people and a fuel station that don't sell fuel.

Entropia is RCE, RCE isn't just a part of it.

The whole concept of EU revolves around the RCE, without it EU is just another MMORPG. I like EU the way it is, thank you.

Cheers :beerchug:

Agreed.
There are about 2 or 3 RCEs out there, and thousands of non-RCE's. If you think it'd be more fun without the RCE, I am convinced you will be able to find something similar to Entropia, without the cash.

Don`t touch my Entropia poor bitches!

Why did you even bother to post something like this? If you`re ok with game being RCE and don`t want to go to non RCE games? Doesn`t make lot of sense if you ask me since you say it would be funnier... :scratch2:

Money is what makes the game no matter what , maybe an EU lite version in that case but i realy doubt in a feat with no real money thers tons other games who could be played in that case .

I think EU without RCE would be awfully boring :eek:

And that is kinda sad :(

The RCE concept is what the game is based around. Without it MA would go broke, the game would be done and there would be a riot. If you dont like the RCE go play WoW or something.

Guys, am I the only one who noticed this is the same guy that made that joke thread about offering guard services to noobs from PA to sweat camp for 5 PEDs with an opalo?

This is just another joke thread meant to cause polemics and farm EFDs... :rolleyes:

and the other 1% wouldnt have come in the first place

This is true, the only reason I came was because I needed a new challenge, after becoming one of the top merchants in a major MMORPG that uses generated cash there is not much else to do but keep on acquiring more generated gp, I wanted to see if I can use what I learnt in my 25 years of playing market games to break even here and eventually profit.

I admit I may have been niave about the potential just like everyone else I guess, and have butted heads with many here about Mindarks wild claims, fairytale/fantastical exchange rates and downright over-hyping (see non-existant gold cashcard that they still advertise on the main page of site) but it was the legal RWE element that originally brought me here.

I may not be the most successful player in the game with riches beyond counting but for someone who has deposited about £50 and still has that in game wealth as well as all the skills I have managed to pick up along the way and all the higher quality BPs and various toys I dont think I am doing too badly at all.

I never thought I would be able to make £1000+ per week and that would be just plain stoopid, but I am holding my own and plan to keep on doing that until so long as Entropia exists.

What you have to do is set yourself a goal, when I first arrived I got a handle on the entire game economy as a priority, learning what makes it all tick and now know the general mark-ups of pretty much everything in the game at a glance, if something is entering the final moments of an auction then I know instantly whether to bid on it and if I stand to make a few pec, this is what funds my ongoing play as well as it does for everyone.

Of course I make the occasional mistake, not least the whole QR system for blueprints made me lose a whole load of ped...as well as all the other little things I have collected along the way I think will rise in the future.

However, YOU have to make that choice to treat EU either as a game or a serious lesson in economics, simply put...if you dont have a clue of prices or monetary value you will lose.

This is where the challenge comes in, in a game with generated cash that you simply get handed for nothing there is no challenge, you can basically pay any wild price without much consequence, here if you do that you may get in real trouble.

Once you deposit some cash, think of it as gone unless you have a very real plan to do something with it.

Guys, am I the only one who noticed this is the same guy that made that joke thread about offering guard services to noobs from PA to sweat camp for 5 PEDs with an opalo?

This is just another joke thread meant to cause polemics and farm EFDs... :rolleyes:

That may be so, but doesnt everyone have the right to spam these boards with useless topics as well as anyone else and devalue the EDF system? :silly2:

Last edited:
What was that saying again?

Oh yes...

Please don't feed the trolls.

Personally I think the RCE keeps away the respectless kids and gives EU a more mature level and that is what I like!

I don't want to log in and see a bunch of kids calling each other names...

When I log in, I talk with people around, I have fun doing things I like and when I log out, I am smiling!

Keep it that way!

Agree with Quebecer above (Hi Etienne), the RCE does tend to keep out a lot of the brats from other MMO's. I love that I don't see a lot of the "OMG u guyz r fagz" messages all the time.

I also love being able to deposit and buy what I need, instead of grinding it out of a mob.

I disagree. There is no shortage of scams in non-RCE games, so I doubt they would stop in EU just because there wasn't "real money" driving them.

In addition, one of the things I love most about EU is that beggars don't usually last long.

Also, the RCE means loot is pretty tight, and it is hard to make large amounts of money, but easy to lose money. So EU is a bad bet for bots and farmers, because about they only thing they can do profitably is collect sweat, which isn't very profitable. They can make far more money farming and selling gold in other games unless they invest in high skills and uber gear. But people looking to make a quick buck usually aren't ready to risk a few thousand (or tens of thousands) dollars to do it. Yeah, a few will, but not the thousands you find in other games.

I'd have to agree with scirry, RCE is the reason EU has the best community of any MMORPG I have ever played, and I have play A LOT! (including all the different - but same - korean free to plays lol)
Not only that but it allows the economy room to grow with the game in a manner much like that of the real world, and those with good financial sense (or cents hehe) can utilise their knowledge to their benefit, while providing those that don't necessarily understand economics as well, the opportunity to learn from as close to a real world economy as is possible.
Also I like the fact that I don't just 'dump' money into a monthly subscription without the possibility of growing it (as a REAL investment would... see: EU deposits ;P) or shrinking it depending on your ability to manage budgets and play 'smart'.
I was what some would consider 'uber' in a very popular MMO, however upon becoming rich and max level/gear, realised there was nothing else to see or do. Entropia is rich in both economy and potential experiences and I think people often forget to experience the games potential while being tied up in the hope of 'hitting it big' and forget that although they spent that money and may have lost it, it wouldn't have been a 'may have lost it' in any other MMO, it would be a case of 'have SPENT it without hope of return' (before anyone says it, yes I realise you can eBay chars hehe).

/rant

Im fairly sure I would quit if I wasnt dealing with real money.

I wouldnt feel challenged or even care about losing or making "play money"

I gave up board games like monopoly some time ago.

Its my money, and I spend it how I see fit, lose it how i want, wether its bowling or eu for the evening.
I might win some, one can hope lol ;) its all good entertainment :)

Back