Question: Monria Chapters

pechunter

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Lamia Majora Pechunter
Does people hoarding chapters make them drop less frequent? Theorys?

Does people hoarding chapters make them drop less frequent? Theorys?
As far as I know the loot chance is different from player to player. Need patience :sleep:

Yeah it seem wichever chaper u have last is the most slowest.

It seems kinda logic that there is only a certain ammount of them in circulation

if the chapter are limited i see a natural patch on that
1. make them SOULBOUND and not tradable (anyhow to progress mission you need to drop them)
2. make the end of mission let them disappear (turn in or delete from inventory
that easily fixes the matter and prevent some element sitting in storage to interefere with quest
(i hope some Monria developer has already considered this.. it is a case of bad quest design)

Yeah it seem wichever chaper u have last is the most slowest.
Not the case for me - I've spent a lot of time on Monria trying to loot even a single chapter with no luck. Just couldn't take the boredom any more so I gave up.

Just as a reference - 155k+ mobs to get all 4 chapters

after some months, was the 75th to get the horns
index.php

what it took, fyi
  • top 5 last entry for most globals in shub is 416, I got 395 globals (around 40k kills to get the chapter)
  • top 5 last entry for most globals in shoggoth is 152, I got 134 globals (around 50k kills to get the chapter)
  • got lucky with yogs, got a chapter just before first 10k kills mission ended (so around 16k kills to get the chapter)
  • most tracked globals in cultist with 366 globals (around 50k kills to get the chapter)

I personally have looted first 3 chapters fairly quick (~3500 kill for 1st, ~700 kills for 2nd, ~1500 kills for 3rd). Last one is avoiding me so far with around 40k Shubs searched :) Happy hunting everyone and GL :)

U can loot 100 of them in theory, and many ppl gaved up on 3chapters just waisting away in storage

I got the first 3 in a couple of hrs first day
chapter1: 42 kills
chapter2: 700 kills
chapter3: 14 kills
chapter4: 50.000+ kills and keep going

I got the first 3 in a couple of hrs first day
chapter1: 42 kills
chapter2: 700 kills
chapter3: 14 kills
chapter4: 50.000+ kills and keep going

wOOt?!?!?
50k+ kills for the chapter 4?????

Thanks for this info.
I found the chapter 1 and 2 about as fast as you did.
But after 5k kills on chapter 3 and 4 I also gave up, thinking maybe another time.

But after reading this, screw the horns and the 3% reload.
It would be far cheaper to just buy a very good seasonal ring then to kill 50k+ shubs.
Extremely boring mob, boring loot and totally depressing to keep hunting them in those bloody caves.
It's just to mentally unhealthy to do that!

I Looted the mobs when I still had a shop on Monria. It was fairly easy to get them, I don't recall hunting 100k of mobs and they look nice in an appartment. I think OP might be right about there being a limited amount. Unless all the people that have them tt-them, they won't drop that much anymore (in case there is a limited amount). If they have markup, then they won't end up in a tt either.

wOOt?!?!?
50k+ kills for the chapter 4?????

Thanks for this info.
I found the chapter 1 and 2 about as fast as you did.
But after 5k kills on chapter 3 and 4 I also gave up, thinking maybe another time.

But after reading this, screw the horns and the 3% reload.
It would be far cheaper to just buy a very good seasonal ring then to kill 50k+ shubs.
Extremely boring mob, boring loot and totally depressing to keep hunting them in those bloody caves.
It's just to mentally unhealthy to do that!
I have 2 good rings, but now its personal.

Will I Get Credit If I Help You Get Chapter 4 ? :love:

i wonder to make it a blog.... i could move to monria to kill those and skill daily craft.. if jsut that damn place was not so dark....... it is difficult to see there

Do the horns work with thorif helm?
no, also not working with polaris, mayhem, martial and other mayhem type helmets
works with arkadia helmets (perseus, aquilla, etc...), also works with facemask armors (pixie, ghost, jarhead, etc...)
as far as i know, horns are using same cloth slot as glasses :)

EDIT: not working with facemasks, also not working with hermes helmet

hope it helped :)

Last edited:
U can loot 100 of them in theory, and many ppl gaved up on 3chapters just waisting away in storage

Have you looted any chapter more than once? Or on what you've based this interpretation? These are mission drops, simply having the chain open will enable the chance to drop.

Yes i have duplicates of chapter 1 and 2

I believe there's no problem with hoarding it. There's likely though a restriction on chapters dropping at anyone time, not through the act of hoarding the chapters themselves but due to how many horns there are out there based on playerbase overall activity. Once activity number increases it's likely to get easier for a short time to drop (for the lucky ones) during that loot wave. Also believe chapter 4 is the hardest to drop. Best time to drop chapters probably during first week of mayhem/migration etc.

Have you looted any chapter more than once? Or on what you've based this interpretation? These are mission drops, simply having the chain open will enable the chance to drop.
it is confirmed that chapters are dropping randomly even without quest, but you need a quest to get it counted for progress
if you loot a chapter without a quest, then pick up the quest, you will have to loot it again
also people with horns are still getting chapters
also people with unfinished quests are getting duplicate chapters

^ty for clarification.

Being a chapter useless if you do not have the quest on yhou, or being duplicated useless
i would make a klnd request to ppl that has such status of the page to TT it so... if there is
a limit on circulating pages they will drop again
they hhave no benefit... cannot be sold due to the fcat that need to be dropped....
storaging them just means create possible loot prevention

I dunno why people keep them - you get the credit for it. Then you should TT it I think. I got 2x chapter 3's but I don't save them. Hate cluttered storage with useless stuff.

Being a chapter useless if you do not have the quest on yhou, or being duplicated useless
i would make a klnd request to ppl that has such status of the page to TT it so... if there is
they hhave no benefit... cannot be sold due to the fcat that need to be dropped....
Thank you, yes plz kind sirs and nettrannies, i put mine to TT

such a request was already done on monria forum and people were asked to TT the chapters they don't need, some that I know are doing it, some are not, you can always see some chapters on display in appartments/shops there, but still there is no proof or any official information about this blocking drops or making drops more rare :)

I dunno why people keep them - you get the credit for it. Then you should TT it I think. I got 2x chapter 3's but I don't save them. Hate cluttered storage with useless stuff.
Once looted you can TT them? dont need to hand them in?

Once looted you can TT them? dont need to hand them in?
not sure if they are handed in or not (still pending my 4th chapter, so some horns owner should confirm this), but definitely keep one copy of each until you finish, but if you loot same chapter that you already own, you can TT it (only TT the extra ones)

who told you they wont drop if ppl have them in storage?

Back