Monria Server Offline

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Due to issues affecting mining, the Monria server has been taken offline. MindArk's development team is working hard to resolve those issues and get Monria back up and running as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding and patience during this unexpected maintenance period.

Originally Posted Here

We talking 1-10hrs? I want to hunt.

When I log on it says connect to different server anyone know where we will end up?

Typical, just when I had arrived to explore :laugh:

someone please inform in this thread if the server has been online back...

I also stuck there :( hope they solve it asap ;)

I'm stuck without an available server as well :(

XZC

Issues related to mining i.e. someone found a juicy exploit.

Issues related to mining i.e. someone found a juicy exploit.

No exploit was used as far as I know

MA set the mining claims size to FOMA/HELL size and did a crappy job in the implementation on how they were distributed.

From what I saw in the reports people are giving that

resulted in overall average hit rate equal to planet (Calypso)
- with some areas with even better hit ratio bordered
- with areas with NRF (where obviously the hit ration was 0)

Maybe next time MA shuts down the server with only a 5 min warning they can give us a chance to leave.

Maybe next time MA shuts down the server with only a 5 min warning they can give us a chance to leave.

and maybe next time MA will actually test their product beforehand, f-in noobs. :)

I'm wondering who will pay for this mistake..Evidently some people made quite a bit of peds exploiting this situation..

Those 5 mins were too precious to begin with,. imagine if they gave 20? In those 20 someone might have used 3 level 13 amps and found 10 ATHs+.

it's still down right?

While I do not blame the Monria owners at all, I do however point the finger straight at Mindark.

In the short time the server was up I decided not to drop more probes in case the bug had not been fixed, but instead to get all my smaller claims that hadn't expired, after sending a support case for the two that already had. I was nearing the end, had only several larger globals to excavate then we get another server shutdown. Now I have to wait and hope that the server comes back up again in time before they expire in a few hours.

In a nutshell: Fuck this and fuck MA. Fuck waiting months to get compensated for these claims, I'm sorely tempted to cash out everything and delete the fucking game......why the fuck would I give my hard earned fucking money to some mob who will just thieve it out from under me because of their own incompetence?

Once again, this is NOT directed at the Monria owners. I think you have done a wonderful job and, apart from the giant fuckup on MAs part, I was actually enjoying exploring there.

PS: Fuck you MA.

I'm wondering who will pay for this mistake..Evidently some people made quite a bit of peds exploiting this situation..

Why is it always someone cheating by exploiting a situation? The server was up for less than a full 24hrs, maybe. Just to go there and mine, loot was extraordinary for a few who found the lucky area, so they must have been cheating. Jeeez, get a grip and stop with the accusations. Shit just happens sometimes.

Why is it always someone cheating by exploiting a situation? The server was up for less than a full 24hrs, maybe. Just to go there and mine, loot was extraordinary for a few who found the lucky area, so they must have been cheating. Jeeez, get a grip and stop with the accusations. Shit just happens sometimes.

I stil wanna know who will pay ...lol

The more i see such issues about MA, the more i start to think that MA only hire one programmer and one 3d artist.
It is a shame to see, as an serious game developer, how MA handle this game. I more and more think, that it is time to fire some of the many managers MA have. I never, ever saw a such bad company. I'm really wondering how they can survive.

Oh, i know, they let the player test the game with the money player have deposit! I'm so sorry for all the serious game developers from the planet/moon partners. They did really a good job, had nice ideas, but with this Mindark company, it is not possible to get a success. I never would invest that much money to get a planet, about all the bad this company generate, and the down reputation they have in the game developer scene.

This game could be one of the best games ever, and it could have tons of players playing it. They could have tons of investors. But over the years we all see what they do, and how bad they do it. I'm really tired to see as an old player, how MA is doing the job.

Ok, and now they can switch off my luck again, about my post here. It would be not the first time!
:mad:

Last edited:
maybe we'll have to wait 10 years more to login and the problem still didn't resolved yet then shutdown for 10 years more.

Who'll pay for the extraordinary mining loot?

If MA makes a statement that mining is a closed system and mining loots will be financed completely within the mining system even in this case, sure I can just look over my sholder and see this as an accident in pvp4 or something. But the honest miners who either didn't seize the opportunity, or wasn't able to (because they had to be at IRL work during the day) probably would object.

great, my avatar is still stuck there.

why MA doesnt move everybody to RT is a myth too me. :confused:

as 'log into another server' won't function.

Reactions: il
Something looked fishy to me as I was mining on calypso the night Before the takedown of the moon. People kept globaling and Hoffing like crazy evidently the next day as well..I Think there was plenty of evidence that there was something wrong with that...Those players kept on doing it and i'd call that abuse, just as some of us suspected some other players long ago for abuse with lvl 9 amps on FOMA...Sort of the same thing except shorter time period..This is my opinion only

what a buncha bullshit. Once again. If these problems had occurred when Entropia first started out, the game would have shut down in days, so I will make an assumption (however safe or not) that the first initial release HAD to be tested enough to make sure they didn't bankrupt themselves in a few hours. So what's the excuse? Loot/mining/system been developed for 10 years now, wtf? Still can't figure out the code?
McDonalds will fire you in 10 minutes if you can't make a Happy Meal.

People cry when they can't take advantage of a balancing fuckup when they were online.
People cry when they can't take advantage of a balancing fuckup because they aren't online.
If you are really that desperate then go exploit bugs like other c**ts because at worst you will get a temp ban.

So don't whine, when you get considerably less tt returns in the future, because someone has to pay to balance it out, if they don't take the peds back from those players. :laugh:

Back