More accurate society selection options

DaisyColdFinger

Stalker
Society
ROCK STARS>TKoE>Hell Yeah
Daisy ColdFinger (RIP 2008/22)
For new joiners and i guess regulars looking for a change.

Would it be possible to allow newcomers or regulars to make more refined, educated choices at the terminals when selecting a new society?

ie: By allowing existing society membership globs and hofs in particular professions to calculated towards the societies over all experience level in one or more professions ??

Then allow in the search criteria for filters that players can refine or define their search criteria for a new soc based on the main profs and then their rating in those professions ?

Possible ???

Just occurred to me after ROCKSTARS that i was looking for a underdog pk soc, but all i could find were the main ones. No way to filter for a niche soc other than trolling one after a another. Strikes me that this could help others in other professions too...I suspect many new and some existing players would be saved allot of heartache and frustration with societies who say they do something, but actually dont or do very little of it or do it very poorly.

Last edited:
Good news, yes it's possible.

Bad news would be an extensive work effort with limited benefits i.e. costs outweigh benefits. Also they have plenty of other work to be doing, quite a backlog so maybe good idea to add this onto the backlog :) got to keep'em busy ;)

With such a system in place, a soc of crazy ATH-chasing gamblers, who spend millions of peds to earn tens of thousands, would be ranked as the most competent hunting soc :)

With such a system in place, a soc of crazy ATH-chasing gamblers, who spend millions of peds to earn tens of thousands, would be ranked as the most competent hunting soc :)

Only for the ATH chasing gambler.

The idea provides data to make a more informed choice. It or any other system will never replace the competence of the person interpreting the data...

While there's not a section for PK, afaik, entropia life filters top societies by hunting, mining, crafting. Perhaps this is the sort of thing you are talking about?

It shows the society, how many avatars (only those that have globalled in the past 30 days are on that list) total # of globals, total loot, etc. You can select hunting, mining of crafting to view the top 80 societies.

While there's not a section for PK, afaik, entropia life filters top societies by hunting, mining, crafting. Perhaps this is the sort of thing you are talking about?

It shows the society, how many avatars (only those that have globalled in the past 30 days are on that list) total # of globals, total loot, etc. You can select hunting, mining of crafting to view the top 80 societies.

We have a IN GAME system which is not fully utelised in the way it is meant to be searched. "Meant to be searched", because as it stands, it gives profession selection options to the soc creator, but more importantly, not to the prospective new player. New players making better choices may end up happier, stay longer and spend more, if not peds then time in game.

And yes, some soc's will most likely spend more peds and keep spending more just to get a higher % rating in a profession. But not everyone wants or can join a "top 80" society. So they should not be left in the dark and be able to choose a lesser or up and comming soc based on accurate stats not recorded in a "top 80" list. MA can figure this out, but i suspect a % to be based on number of, rather than total sum of per.

Example :

Select : Mining
Results > Shows list of highest % mining soc's in the past month, high to low. Not over it's entirety, because ot be accurate, the soc must persist. And if they persist, they will remain or gain on their position and so give an indication of their activity and main profession. Something like that :)

However, George is right, there are more important things to get done atm.

Back