More and higher ESI's must drop!

Epictetus

Proprietor, Epic Enterprises
The new ESI system is actually pretty cool...problem is most people don't know that because NOT ENOUGH ARE DROPPING. And the ones that are are all around 10 ped.

They shouldn't be 1,300% on auction...if anyone important is reading this please give the community more ESIs and higher tt value ESIs.

The problem is that with ESI now having a TT value its draining the loot pool to drop one, were as before it had 0 implact. So that will always negatively affect its drop rate, and of course they will be much lower because most loots are smaller rather than large.

well since we have our wishlist, i think MA should drop more Mod FAPs :)

The problem is that with ESI now having a TT value its draining the loot pool to drop one, were as before it had 0 implact. So that will always negatively affect its drop rate, and of course they will be much lower because most loots are smaller rather than large.

umm, how does it drain the lootpool if i have a 50ped global, and there is an esi of 14 ped
what difference does it make for MA to make the whole global an esi, which makes me happier and the people who buy & sell skills happier also because more supply > smaller price..

especially now with this VU i was hoping for a drop in price again because the skills themselves have become more expensive (less gain of skills for the same size esi compared to last VU) but nope, its only gone up

zzzzzzzz ?

umm, how does it drain the lootpool if i have a 50ped global, and there is an esi of 14 ped
what difference does it make for MA to make the whole global an esi, which makes me happier and the people who buy & sell skills happier also because more supply > smaller price..

especially now with this VU i was hoping for a drop in price again because the skills themselves have become more expensive (less gain of skills for the same size esi compared to last VU) but nope, its only gone up

zzzzzzzz ?

Exactly.... They could just change some of the oils into ESI´s...

zzzzzzzz ?

I agree with you here. In my opinion, it should be rare NOT to get an ESI in a big global. Should be more like:

"Wow that was weird, got a 348 ped global and NONE of it was an ESI!"

With the way it is now the drop rate is too slow and it's effecting the economy and value of skills. If more ESIs drop there will be a "glass floor" price where the price of skills won't go below, but will remain constant. It seems that the reason MA doesn't drop more is because they don't want people to be able to chip out and run on a whim when something doesn't go their way. I still think ESIs should be available in the TT right next to the implant inserter. This way, people buying ESIs would only help the loot pool instead of detracting from it. Would be nice to have different TT values of ESIs there too. I think if MA realized that it is not as easy to sell skills quickly at their market value, they would realize that they don't need to put such a chokehold on ESIs. I was really excited when I thought that they were going to start dropping like crazy...Hopefully something like this will happen in the future.

Wait till the New Year m8
people want to leave and MA dont want that till the new year
Fresh clean slate and Happy Share Holders and new fiscal year
this is why these shopping malls are ending in 06
and IMO MA didnt have as good as year as the previous and trying to gain some ground back

and as I said...thats just my opinion

I remember at one time the regular old GSI and some of its named counter parts skill implants were going for 300 to 400 ped. I know that for a fact because I sold 5 or 6 of them at that time that I had stashed in storage. Looks like the same thing is happening here and hopefully with a little bit of tweeking to the system we will see more ESI drop it happened back then I can see it happening now.

I think part of the reason we are seeing less ESI is due to less people buying skills since the last VU those skill implants have less of an impact on your avatar but I don't see anyone lowering their prices. So we have a bunch of ESI tied up with skills sitting in auction not getting recycled back into the system.

Also I think MA might be trying to slow people from completely selling out and the easiest way to do that is slow the ESI drop rate or make someone pay through the nose to sell out. Another factor is people who might be planning on selling skills or out completely might be hoarding ESI and once that happens the wonderful resellers get a whif of fresh blood and pounce on anything that might be halfway in demand.

Hopefully this will change if not it will make the buying and selling of skills strained.

Erm, what I meant before was sometimes you got a loot that was small but with ESI and it didn't matter to MA because it had no TT value. now that it has a TT value MA will control the drop-rate to keep in line with looting. Now its not random like fruit and dung with no value, now its more like looting an as-147. Your looting something that actually drains peds from lootpool.

Your looting something that actually drains peds from lootpool.

Yes, but MA gets that PED back. When someone implants the ESI, the value of the chip goes back to MA. MA only loses if someone decides to TT the ESI.

Yes, but MA gets that PED back. When someone implants the ESI, the value of the chip goes back to MA. MA only loses if someone decides to TT the ESI.

problem i see though is that it isn't recycled all that much. seems to me the vast majority of the esis are held in the hands of a few certain people. maybe they hoarded them, maybe they are resellers. either way, they are charging more than i want to pay.

MA is just going to make ESI as rare as shadow so no one can sell out and get money back

MA is just going to make ESI as rare as shadow so no one can sell out and get money back

I think you are correct here... This was not a very good year for MA...

...The aborted Egg event
...The Infamous Summer Holiday fiasco
...The Egregious PhysX VU
...The amp nerf VU and replacement of PED in loot

... all contributed to a significant outflow of "established" players and a massive slowdown in deposits from those who remained. The rarity of ESI drops is simply a method to stop the bleeding and make it too expensive to sell out.

Yep, and anyone scared one day they might change the EULA so that some VU surprise will be a nice message saying, we have made slight change in the EULA, you can no longer withdraw money from EU. And this of course coming shortly after a big land sale. Just saying, could happen. Remeber, EU is dynamic.

Seems you're wished have been heared :)

I've heard numerous reports of people looting one or more today :yay:

Erm, what I meant before was sometimes you got a loot that was small but with ESI and it didn't matter to MA because it had no TT value. now that it has a TT value MA will control the drop-rate to keep in line with looting. Now its not random like fruit and dung with no value, now its more like looting an as-147. Your looting something that actually drains peds from lootpool.

But still, as I said, why not exchange 100 PED worth of oils into a 100 PED ESI?

Cool! Not sure it was me, but I also asked Marco about it in Twin. This will make the economy more fluid and everyone wins.

Well not any more my friend. None dropping and chipping is disabled at the moment...hmm what a coincidence. :D

yea just think of all that 'chipping out' tool decay MA would get , no chance, they're not gonna give players an 'escape route' :rolleyes:

Well skills have become worthless with the new lootsystem, you can make more money with an opalo again. Why would you kill mobs that cost a fortune on decay if you can get a 5K combibo hunting naked with opalo ?

ESI's aren't much more expensive than per ESi change. They old esis were .01 TT and right before the change they were selling from 95-100 ped. so that's pretty much 1000%.

I think the problem now is that there are just not enough ESI's. Which has caused the price to sky rocket and it costs more to buy th esi's than skills by themselves.

Well skills have become worthless with the new lootsystem, you can make more money with an opalo again. Why would you kill mobs that cost a fortune on decay if you can get a 5K combibo hunting naked with opalo ?

Becouse it would take you 2k no looters before you get it? :rolleyes:

Were I correct?:laugh:

Becouse it would take you 2k no looters before you get it? :rolleyes:

Were I correct?:laugh:

Better to have 2k no looters ona mob that takes 10 peec to kill than on a mob that takes 10 ped to kill.

Better to have 2k no looters ona mob that takes 10 peec to kill than on a mob that takes 10 ped to kill.

Better post one post on-topic than ten posts thats off...:rolleyes:

Back