More traditional complaining

timmmers

Elite
Society
Freelancer
timmmers
What else? The weather.

Does anyone else think that the fog is waaay too dense and widespread when it comes now?

Personally I just logged off since I couldn't see a damn thing and when a spider killed me and the only way I knew that was the chat message...last straw.

A little fog adds atmosphere, total fog ruins it. How a miner could see those tiny claims, or we can identify mobs in it...no idea. At this stage when most of us are exploring and finding out the new surroundings it's not helpful at all.

Never thought I'd be complaining about bad weather in EU...:rolleyes:

t

A scope helps a lot to cut out fog

I havent seen any thick fog, just some mist :eek:

Maybe they could limit it to certain costal areas? ;) think it would be cool to at least have some places that are totally foggy hehe

Yea blame it on the game :eyecrazy:
It's the weather, nothing that can be done about it ;)

Anyway, I think it adds to the joy of the game that daylight changes, cloud shadows move across the land, mist/fog comes and goes, and so on.

Get into the mood!

I just want to know where is the rain? and the lightning? I know i saw some video showing lightning in Calypso

I do not like the fact that it snows and doesn't accumulate... I wanted to have a snowball fight. :(

I agree, sometimes the fog is annoying. Its ok for short periods but I even find it too dense most of the time.

I also wish the shadow draw distance was longer. I hate walking under big trees and the shadows fill in as you move forward.

I get the feeling that it's like giving a kid a new toy like Lego...they spend the first day building humungous structures...then chill and lose a little of the excitement, and build sensible and really usable fun stuff?

"Wow ! I made FOG !!"
"I made a hill!"
"I made a bigger hill with fog!!"
"They can't climb my hill...it looks awesome!"
" They can't see your hill through my fog :D"

It's a good engine, but this isn't a demo of CE2 ..it's a game we play daily and need to be able to interact with. IF it's a bitch to play then the scenery will soon pass into memory and become normal...and some of us will vanish simply because the priorities aren't gameplay but fancy images.

FFS I have yet to see a decent looking mob anyway...some are a disgrace compared to the avas and world around them. Hopefully this will be a later update..who knows in this fog tho :rolleyes:

t

:laugh: yea, the mobs totally need to be redone. Man I wish i could do it myself, they are slow.

And the environments are nice in some areas but the giant peaks that you can't climb that just shoot out at 90 degrees are dumb looking. If it had ledges and crevices.etc it would look much better. Common MA CryEngine2 has some nice voxel terrain editing tools, so use em!.

Wonders what Timmmers will complain about tomorrow. It appears to something else everyday

Back