Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
While shooting a male snable young as it was running away from me, I got this:

You have gained Courage

:ahh:

Top that!​

got courage killing a chirpy lol

i gained powerfist in the ring and got a prof increase off it that was kinda lame

wound have been more funny if you where running from the snabble male and got courage... ;)

:rofl:

or running from a chirpy and gaining courage that way :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've always found it demeaning (although I'm not complaning) that I get Aim skill gains when shooting mobs at point blank.

lol

Rofl, I wish I'd gotten a screenshot of gaining Intuition skill when using the suicide bug. "Star has killed Star using DOA Foeripper". "You have gained Intuition." Skilling on yourself, hmmmm a new maybe profitable! :confused:

I think I'll go try to gain some evade trying to stab myself. Maybe a bit of anatomy as well? Perhaps some serendipity by living through it? Maybe instead of gaining, I'd lose some perception shooting at myself? Instead of gaining wounding, I acquire a new skill - Wounded. Better yet, "You have lost intelligence. You f#$king moron."

Last edited:
in the old days when there was a sweat camp north of the rig i gained a courage from a trapped daikiba while sweating :p

Getting a Courage gain while being hit (not shooting it) by a Gibnib. :ahh:

I always have a good laugh while looting orange.

Snable young take one shot.
Straight between the eyes.

'You gained courage'

as if lol

Tamer Level one after killing a daikiba young with a maddox IV beast combo (Lets not talk about overkill okay I already feel bad enough! hahaha)
Medic Level one while attacking an argonaut with a maddox IV beast combo

I am still being laughed at because "someone with a whip" gained a rank in "Animal Taming" when scanning me :D

I have to laugh ironically when I see "You gained intelligence" whilst dropping the latest in a series of fruitless bombs... of course, no resources found.

Yep, real intelligent :rolleyes:

and how come I just attained level 8 decoy dispenser, when I have never dispensed a decoy In My Life...?

Rofl, I wish I'd gotten a screenshot of gaining Intuition skill when using the suicide bug. "Star has killed Star using DOA Foeripper". "You have gained Intuition." Skilling on yourself, hmmmm a new maybe profitable! :confused:

I think I'll go try to gain some evade trying to stab myself. Maybe a bit of anatomy as well? Perhaps some serendipity by living through it? Maybe instead of gaining, I'd lose some perception shooting at myself? Instead of gaining wounding, I acquire a new skill - Wounded. Better yet, "You have lost intelligence. You f#$king moron."

LOL yeah or "You have acqured a new skill : masochist"

While shooting a male snable young as it was running away from me, I got this:

:ahh:

Top that!​

Got "You gained rifle skill" or somesuch, when I didn't even hit a target. Can't get much lamer than that. Basically "You pushed the trigger, good for you!". Sheesh.

Once tp'd to an area to hunt, landed right in the middle of several mobs, whipped out my gun and... click. Forgot ammo. :rolleyes: First skill gain from attacks: Combat Sense :laugh:

new rank in probing..... need i say more :D

and how come I just attained level 8 decoy dispenser, when I have never dispensed a decoy In My Life...?

the side-skills of the decoy profession raise though..
and those are connected to other professions also.. hunting

... I love getting Aim Skill, Ranged Damage Assesment, and Marksmanship skill all on one trigger pull..

And I miss the freaking shot.

Well, I was all :eek: when I killed a snable and it was lying there dead, bloody and well, dead .. and I got skill in pet handling ... doh!

wound have been more funny if you where running from the snabble male and got courage... ;)

Yup, was running from an Exar and got courage :/

However, the Karma for that was getting an Evade gain from a Hogglo last night :D For which I am well chuffed at, as silly as that may seem :)

Gain in "inflict ranged damage" when the mob is standing 1 meter from me.

:rofl: .. makes one think it all might be random, doesn't it? :scratch2:

Or shoot yourself, mis and gain dodge :D

:rofl: .. makes one think it all might be random, doesn't it? :scratch2:

Random? Nah. ;)

Shoot 100 rounds in the middle of nowhere with no red dots anywhere on your radar. See what happens.

I have dropped 100 bombs in one spot. Skillgains are random. Goodbye.

Got "You gained rifle skill" or somesuch, when I didn't even hit a target. Can't get much lamer than that. Basically "You pushed the trigger, good for you!". Sheesh.

This pretty much covers it.

But that's what makes these skill gains so g*d damn funny. :laugh:

Keep 'em coming folks. We can always use a great laugh.

Top that!​

Once tp'd to an area to hunt, landed right in the middle of several mobs, whipped out my gun and... click. Forgot ammo. :rolleyes: First skill gain from attacks: Combat Sense :laugh:

:laugh: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :laugh:

OK, this is the funniest one so far. Lykke's and some others run a close race for 2nd place, but this one.....

However, this is NOT a contest. Just looking for funny a$$ skill gains.

I backed up into a pile of dung today, and as I picked it up, the camera suddenly switched into 3rd person view and my avatar did a macho pose, think I got a new level in laser weaponry :scratch2:

Back