Mothership Hunting Tax

PopFuzz

Prowler
Society
cK Coat Killers
PopFuzz Poppy Fuzzy
I think there is a lot of people who would like to space hunt more and I was thinking to encourage more mother ships to be used, that they should allow mother ship owners to set a tax rate for all loot created with the mothership.

This way they can provide their mothership for use and make a few peds while doing so.

What do you think?

I think there is a lot of people who would like to space hunt more and I was thinking to encourage more mother ships to be used, that they should allow mother ship owners to set a tax rate for all loot created with the mothership.

This way they can provide their mothership for use and make a few peds while doing so.

What do you think?

Could solve some of my problems

:)

Oh that's brilliant

On top of risking all my loot in lootable pvp in space, I would love the opportunity to pay tax also. Sign me up!!!!!

On top of risking all my loot in lootable pvp in space, I would love the opportunity to pay tax also. Sign me up!!!!!
Lol now that's brilliant!

Think of it like a Land Area tax or protection money :) since a more upgraded mothership would provide more protection.

Maybe one reaon that there are not so much hunting so far is because the spwns sux, it takes forever to hunt space mobs and the cosmic horrors also have so low hp for the turrets on both privateers and MS so it it so much overkill to shoot them so you are bound to loose money unless you get lucky.
I dont think a tax to use the turrets is a solution, i know i will not set my foot in a turret then, whats the next suggestion? tax to repair the ship also?

Well yes, there are definitely other problems with hunting in space (I'm still waiting for a great spawn of space daspletors).

But I wouldn't mind paying a 1% tax to use a markupless 400 damage gun that doesn't decay and having a few thousand HP to withstand damage...

We dont know the stats on the turrets so we have no idea about the eco on them.

Well yes, there are definitely other problems with hunting in space (I'm still waiting for a great spawn of space daspletors).

But I wouldn't mind paying a 1% tax to use a markupless 400 damage gun that doesn't decay and having a few thousand HP to withstand damage...

We dont know the stats on the turrets so we have no idea about the eco on them.

We know the damage they do and they don't decay. Only SI decays when hit.

So what are the exact stats on them?

Decay will come later.

VU12 said:
Modify mothership functions. If you are the mothership manager you can modify and upgrade the mothership functions by adding different devices, that can, for example, affect number of available gunner positions. You can do this through the Engineering UI.
Note: Currently, these devices will not deteriorate but will do so when the reactor system has been further developed.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...213426-Entropia-Universe-12.0.0-Release-Notes

Last edited:
You will hunt very uneco on mothership guns till you get into the 30ish gunner profession range - thats were things start becomming more efficient while hunting as you no longer hit so much in the 250ish range but most of the time in the upper 300ish with up to 400 (crits 800).

Its not the damage interval that is the problem, try go kill a mob with 300 hp with a 200 damage weapon and you will see the reason why its uneco to hunt cosmic horrors with MS and Privateers, we need mobs with much higher hp to have efficent use of the turrets on the ships, cosmic horrors is most eco hunted with quads but also at bigger risk.

Its not the damage interval that is the problem, try go kill a mob with 300 hp with a 200 damage weapon and you will see the reason why its uneco to hunt cosmic horrors with MS and Privateers, we need mobs with much higher hp to have efficent use of the turrets on the ships, cosmic horrors is most eco hunted with quads but also at bigger risk.

You are right that this can cause higher costs, but if you hit reliably in the upper 300 you tend to kill mobs in 2 shots - if critting sometimes with one, while in the 250ish you need 3-4 shots and with more misses sometimes even 5-6. That makes a huge difference when the costs are the same per shot.

Quote-Modify mothership functions. If you are the mothership manager you can modify and upgrade the mothership functions by adding different devices, that can, for example, affect number of available gunner positions. You can do this through the Engineering UI.
Note: Currently, these devices will not deteriorate but will do so when the reactor system has been further developed.-Quote

This quote IMO only refers to the engineering panel - no mention of the guns..........

What do you think the armament device is for?

Quote-Modify mothership functions. If you are the mothership manager you can modify and upgrade the mothership functions by adding different devices, that can, for example, affect number of available gunner positions. You can do this through the Engineering UI.
Note: Currently, these devices will not deteriorate but will do so when the reactor system has been further developed.-Quote

This quote IMO only refers to the engineering panel - no mention of the guns..........

What do you think the armament device is for?

The number of gunner positions at any one time, none without it, two on a privateer with it and more with armament II etc seems to be the way its going to me. Although I think the point you're making is that they are limited and will decay at some point adding decay cost to the gun. I'm not sure if it could work this way as the gunners loot would not be linked to the decay of each shot, so gunners spend is not increased (unless pilot charges but hard to track). I think it might end up being a small decay on time in the gunner position or each time the seat is entered, either way more a cost to the pilot than linked to gun decay.

Its a complete guess though until MA reveal their master plan.....

Last edited:
Back