Suggestion: Mothership ShipGrab

-JJ-

Old
weeeeeeeLittle JJ killerOfWhatever
hiyi o/ ;]

i had a dream last nite and it was epic and was the inspiration for this suggestion

i was thinking what if societies could have the opportunity to take control over some huge motherships and have full use off it like any other mothership in regular space until
it is challenge day?

i know some are wondering how would that work, well on challenge day regardless of where the ship is it will be pulled into a separate smaller space area/instance that is non lootable
where it would have landing pads with revive and any other terminals needed, the instance could be accessed by the events tab / shipgrab or a shipgrab terminal on any space station
using these while shipgrab has not started will simply take u to the instance, u can if u wish still shoot at each other in the smaller ships but the mothership wont be there

all will start at these landing pads, from the terminal players can purchase ammo and ships especially for the instance that would be similar to quads but not useable outside
of the instance in regular space, these ships already come with weapons systems all u need to do is purchase any ammo u may need or a replacement ship once the current
ship has decayed and no longer useable, each ship could be good for maybe what 10 kills or whatever

then the players must get into their ships and fly to the mothership. the ship itself would have some areas that would need to be taken out 1st before trying to board
so the smaller ships would perhaps all work together at 1st or just blow the hell out of each other in an attempt to try and stop their rivals getting on the ship and taking control
of the ship, to do that its similar to the landgrab land marker u must be in the command area of the ship and defend it the timer would pretty much work the same way as it does
for landgrab

these areas would be
HH- the shields emitter if u dont take this out then u cant fly in the rear of the ships portal / board the ship
PP- the engines systems area if u want to stop the ship from being able to move then u must take that out
CC- the weapons systems area u must take this out to disable its weapons systems
RR- the power systems area taking this out would render the ships revive spots inactive and the televators also would not work

above ive shown what terminal inside the ship needs to be repaired / defended to restore these systems
if u die in space then u will spawn at the nearest landing pad revive
if u die on the ship then u will revive at 1 of the revive terminals on the ship if..those systems are operational

after shipgrab is over then whatever soc won will then have full access to the ship gz ur soc now has access to a fully working mothership....
welll not quite ..cos only 1 soc member can have this deed and its not tradeable so the soc must compete for who gets to hold the deed
the last remaining soc member left alive will earn the deed ;]

for about 15mins later they ship will remain in the instance giving the deed holder a chance to add members to the guest list and time for the soc to get
back on the ship or can simply enter the pilot seat to end the instance the ship will then respawn back where it was before it entered the shipgrab instance

i know what ur thinking what happens to those who were on the ship when they logged out? well they will be on the ship ofc and will have to try n fend off the
invading forces ;]
but wait didnt u say all started at the landing pads? yes i did for the 1st shipgrab it has no soc contolling it yet so the ship would at that time
be up for grabs and unmanned being as its the 1st then this is the only time the mothership wouldnt be shooting at u or repairing its stations as it has no crew.. yet

but what about the guest list what happens to that? well because this is an unusual ship and the deed untradeable then as soon as shipgrab starts the deed is removed
from its current holders inventory and thus the guest list reset i couldnt think how it might be possible to get around this

can the si and arments be upgraded? yes i suppose it could but u should be warned that if ur soc looses control of the ship u dont get any refund for peds spent upgrading it so
it would be in ur socs best interests to make sure that u dont lose lol ;]

and as an extra special incentive and why these ships might be more desirable is that they all would have a ul repairable warp drive

what u guys think pretty awesome huh?

JJ ;]

That idea has legs JJ, it is original & worth considering :)

Back