Movie: Stay Alive!

Skam

The Half-Wit Phoenix
Society
Rabbids
Silicon Skam Chip
This movie... :scared:

Its a horror-movie that is based on the story of Elizabeth Bathory, but in a rather ...funky setting. The kids that are the main characters in the movie, are a gang of gamers. They find this new game called "Stay Alive" where you are supposed to find a way to stop the madness that ms. Bathory is causing. Then when people start dying in game, they are dying the exact same way in real life. EEEK!

It is erasing the borders between game and reality, so I got really freaked out by it haha. I usually dont react to horrormovies, and this wasnt really such a great movie either.. It was just the setting and how I felt it fit for my lifestyle! I mean, how many risks do we take as gamers? :rolleyes: Its not exactly life-threatning. (exept if you steals someone sword and get killed for it, or stay awake for 7 days straight..)

Anyway, it was interesting. Go see it!

Skam said:

Its a horror-movie that is based on the story of Elizabeth Bathory, but in a rather ...funky setting. The kids that are the main characters in the movie, are a gang of gamers. They find this new game called "Stay Alive" where you are supposed to find a way to stop the madness that ms. Bathory is causing. Then when people start dying in game, they are dying the exact same way in real life. EEEK!

It is erasing the borders between game and reality, so I got really freaked out by it haha. I usually dont react to horrormovies, and this wasnt really such a great movie either.. It was just the setting and how I felt it fit for my lifestyle! I mean, how many risks do we take as gamers? :rolleyes: Its not exactly life-threatning. (exept if you steals someone sword and get killed for it, or stay awake for 7 days straight..)

There's also the german kid who nearly gets a heart attack while playing some game ;)

As for the movie plot, sounds kind of like the Freddy Kruger movies? (Kids would dream he killed them and die in real life the same way). Or am I way off here?

I'll admit that horror is not my cuppa tea, and I'll also admit that Freddy Kruger had me scared shitless from when I was about 13 until I turned 15 or so ;)

wasnt the game named braindead or sth like that in the movie?

i think i saw it doesnt the guy wake up in the end and all was a dream?
(maybe i shouldnt have wrote this :p )

Skam said:

Maybe you should tell, that Bathory was an Ungarian aristocrat, who lived on a castle in the northwestern Ungarn. The story, as far as I remember (read about her when I was around 11) is, that she one day hit her maid so hard that blood was hitting Bathory herself. She whiped it off and thought that her skin underneath looked much whiter and prettier. So she start killing the young girls who lived around the castle first. Then she went for aristocratic blood. She killed the girls in all kind of terrifying ways to bath in their blood. To some she was known as one of the first "vampires" ... end of that story ... though she really did exist ;)

I have to see the movie though because as you said, sounds funky and not really as if it's about her ? :D

No its not really about her, its about a game based on her :D
It doesnt tell much of her story really! Only about her killing kids, and about the place she lives on and her fear of growing old..
And yes, VF, its almost like the kruger movies, except that it is reality and ingame instead of dreams.

No luthien, the game it is talked about is as the title "Stay Alive" :)

Back