Movie Upload?

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
Ok i tried logging into the ftp and it says accsess denied? Has anyone uploaded there movie yet? is it just that i can see anything but if i upload my file it will go? i'm not done yet But i thought i'd at least log into the ftp to make sure that i can before the due date.

I used the right address and everything

The FTP address is: media.project-entropia.com
Login: movie
Password: autumn2005

Here's what i got...

STATUS:> Resolving host name media.project-entropia.com...
STATUS:> Host name media.project-entropia.com resolved: ip = 194.198.12.204.
STATUS:> Connecting to ftp server media.project-entropia.com:21 (ip = 194.198.12.204)...
220-

MINDARK FTP

220 ProFTPD 1.2.10 Server (194.198.12.204) [194.198.12.204]
COMMAND:> USER movie
331 Password required for movie.
COMMAND:> PASS *****
230 User movie logged in.
COMMAND:> PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
COMMAND:> FEAT
211-Features:
MDTM
REST STREAM
SIZE
211 End
COMMAND:> REST 0
350 Restarting at 0. Send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate transfer
COMMAND:> PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (194,198,12,204,189,104).
COMMAND:> LIST
STATUS:> Connecting ftp data socket 194.198.12.204:48488...
ERROR:> Can't connect to remote server. Socket error = #10060.

I could connect but the connection needed more time than other ftp (i was just curious to see the videos :D in 'avant-première').

(after ready this post, I tried to transfer a small picture, and it works)

"Finding Host media.project-entropia.com ...
Connecting to 194.198.12.204:21
Connected to 194.198.12.204:21 in 0.100144 seconds, Waiting for Server Response
220-

MINDARK FTP

220 ProFTPD 1.2.10 Server (194.198.12.204) [194.198.12.204]
Host type (1): Automatic Detect
USER movie
331 Password required for movie.
PASS (hidden)
230 User movie logged in.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
Host type (2): Unix (Standard)
PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
TYPE A
200 Type set to A
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (194,198,12,204,200,96).
connecting data channel to 194.198.12.204:200,96(51296)
PORT 84,5,80,76,4,148
200 PORT command successful
LIST
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
# transferred 0 bytes in 0.010 seconds, 0.000 Bps ( 0.000 Bps), transfer succeeded.
226 Transfer complete."

Last edited:
As sneakpeeks are disallowed, we have disabled the option to see what is on the FTP. ,-)

A little birdie told me that ProFTPD 1.2.10 is full of holes..

At least 3-4 exploits, old ones at that. =/

MA needs a sysadmin that subscibes to bugtraq n who knows when applications are holey like the popes' swiss cheese.

I hope the machine is sitting by itself not connected to anything, and/or the rootsploit has been patched. =)

Last edited:
Marco|MindArk said:
As sneakpeeks are disallowed, we have disabled the option to see what is on the FTP. ,-)

Also makes the folder unable to be uploaded too with CuteFTP, Coffeecup FTP and IE or Firefox. :rolleyes:

Has anyone been able to get a movie uploaded onto here?
PM sent to Marco too....

...and in SmartFTP "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

Set it to non-readable, yes, but not unviewable. Who cares if people see the file names? :(
Really dissapointed that we won't be able to get our movies in on time...

Last edited:
ZarathustrA said:
Also makes the folder unable to be uploaded too with CuteFTP, Coffeecup FTP and IE or Firefox. :rolleyes:

Has anyone been able to get a movie uploaded onto here?
PM sent to Marco too....

...and in SmartFTP "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

Set it to non-readable, yes, but not unviewable. Who cares if people see the file names? :(
Really dissapointed that we won't be able to get our movies in on time...

Edit: Sorry, missread you're post, guess I was tired...

Try Coffeecup FTP, it's a freeware FTP application. I gave it a try and it was able to connect to the FTP Server without any problems.

You can download it from this URL: http://www.tucows.com/preview/195147

Last edited:
As you can see in my post I tried it. I connected with it succesfully too but upon trying to upload a file it kept canceling (or falsely finishing?) in a quarter of a second.. for a huge movie file. Same thing happened with someone on EP.
It's impossible to upload too with Coffeecup FTP but it does seem to be the closest one to working... but just being close to working doesn't help. I will try it again to see if anything has changed though.

Edit: Tried it, same thing. Cancels instantly. :(

Last edited:
I used Ipswitch WS_FTP Pro, which works.

Kay said:
I used Ipswitch WS_FTP Pro, which works.

you_rock_you_rule.jpg

Thanks buddy, the only program that worked for me. :thumbup:

I upload and download from FTP's all the time. I have NEVER run into a problem like this. I normally just use plain old IE for FTP stuff. :confused:

most ftpservers...

and firewalls dislike users using IE or really any browser to access ftps. The best way is to use a real ftp program as you seem to have found out. ;)

/Persson

I don't use firewalls and I know exactly what I am doing.
I have been using IE to use hundreds of FTP's for many years. Never have I run into this problem. I have occasionally used other FTP programs but I dislike them.
The problem isn't me it's the odd way they tried to "protect" the files by making the directory hidden as opposed to making it only writable and not readable.
Not to mention 3 other programs wouldn't upload to it either. :rolleyes:
1 of which completely refused to connect to the MA FTP.

Last edited:
I haven't tried uploading, since I haven't got a movie to upload :D but Total Commander is able to connect without any problems.

Anyone tried using Total Commander to upload yet?

Marco|MindArk said:

i was wondering is it agaist the rules then to post it somwhere where ppl can view it on another site? cause i didn't see that on the rules section. unles i'm a :dunce:

Not sure about that i would think MA would want to keep it a secret and you probely would as well to stop copieing, i know in the photo competion it is against rules to post somewhere else so be logivaly to think i applys to this one but have to ask marco

Ppl that has problem to connect.. or list files... should TURN OFF PASV mode =)

Michyblueyes said:
Not sure about that i would think MA would want to keep it a secret and you probely would as well to stop copieing, i know in the photo competion it is against rules to post somewhere else so be logivaly to think i applys to this one but have to ask marco

I hope now that the due date is over MA will post all the movies. I realy wanna see them all. And all the people that helped me wanna see mine.

Back