Info: MS9's Merry Mayhem Moments

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
It is my intent ... to take a periodic break from my demanding RL projects that basically are keeping me from being more involved in game and at the forum currently, and trek out into the field to survey the progress of those who are participating in the Merry Mayhem Event. I will make an attempt to do this at least once per day in order to report in text, photos, and possibly short videos, just how people are getting along with efforts to achieve their goal ... which is first place in their category of course. :D I will also bring you the words of the participants themselves (if they choose to speak), so that you might know what challenges there are, if any, as well as any candid moments that I capture that tells the story of those desperately racing to the goal line. These efforts on my part, will be short and sweet, and not the usual story-length offering that you are more accustomed to seeing from me. ;)

Stay tuned to this thread for updates! :wise:

You have a very good point ... so I'll just bring you the action and a text report as best I can, unless I happen to get lucky and able to listen in on voice chat for a few minutes while the person(s) chosen to be filmed are in battle (if they use a voice chat). I already have my first assignment in the hopper, and will be meeting up with them when the event starts at 18:00 for a short time, then will put the post together and publish it in this thread. :wtg: Hopefully, the mobs will know I'm not there to harass them and leave me alone. :silly2:

Happy Hunting Everyone! :wtg:

my opinion...for as far i read it right...it is pritty stupid u can only hunt one kind a mob for couple of days...takes me out of event...

if i could switch from feff to ituma it would be so much nicer...

yeah i know, i am a winer :D

First quote from the field...."OW, my finger is cramping up......" Stay tuned for further updates...:D

Reactions: Ozi
Hehe great idea! :)

Was thinking what I'd do if you came up to me.... Well I can tell you I'll have at least 15-20 Feffs beating the heck out of me at all times, so if you do come close, you'd be getting Feffs all over you :D As for me actually talking, I hate being rude, but I think I'd have a bit of a hard time chatting and pressing my mouse 55 times a minute.... I will have to visit storage and repairs though, and if I can say a few words that shed an interesting light on the competition I'll try ;)

Look forward to seeing your purple ass out in the field MS9 :)

Make sure you have your best tin underwear on :D

First quote from the field...."OW, my finger is cramping up......" Stay tuned for further updates...:D

Yes indeed ... and then I would quickly ask ... how is it your finger hurts when you're not in a mob zone? ;)

Hehe great idea! :)

Was thinking what I'd do if you came up to me.... Well I can tell you I'll have at least 15-20 Feffs beating the heck out of me at all times, so if you do come close, you'd be getting Feffs all over you :D As for me actually talking, I hate being rude, but I think I'd have a bit of a hard time chatting and pressing my mouse 55 times a minute.... I will have to visit storage and repairs though, and if I can say a few words that shed an interesting light on the competition I'll try ;)

I can deal with silence ... or the sounds of battle only, and if you're going to be playin' with Feffs, then they know me already, and also know that I don't take kindly to their harassment, but no biggie, it'll make for an interesting experience. Send me a PM to let me know where you'll be and I'll make a point to capture your efforts. :D

Look forward to seeing your purple ass out in the field MS9 :)

Make sure you have your best tin underwear on :D

Oh geez ... you shouldn't have mentioned tin underwear in the same thread that NetStalker posts in, because now he'll get out his torch to melt them down. :silly2:
I'll come prepared though (I think), but still, this whole effort will make it an interesting experience. Ya just never know what I'm going to catch on film ...
and that could be photo or video. :D

My goal is ... not to just capture someone engaged in battle, or for the fight of their life (depending on what they're up against), but capture the challenges as well, especially after reading what everyone was posting at this forum. Sometimes when we expect mountains we get them. ;)

Since I am stuck at work for the next 3 hours...
Any update on the maturity and density of the spawns ?
Really would like to know if I have a chance to find a single Clan Warlord :D

I jumped into game briefly ... because I wanted to get some kind of pulse from the HoF list as to what the flavor of the first hour or two was about, not to mention the non-stop scrolling chat that produced evidence that many were having a hey day with Feffoid, Itumatrox, and Spider globals.

Here is a quick run down from the HoF list ...

2-rainha.jpg

5-lucky.jpg

10-bittie.jpg

Now we know why some probably didn't get their
Christmas gifts on time, because it seems that
Santa had other involvements on Christmas Day!
:rolleyes:

11-15-uberlist.jpg

21-greatoptimadane.jpg

26-siam.jpg

30-stormer.jpg

Here's further proof of Santa's negligence! :rolleyes:

35-santa.jpg

40-star.jpg

52-star.jpg

68-dragonfly.jpg

70-sage.jpg

82-rach.jpg

95-eddie.jpg

97-parker.jpg

I found THIS one to be quite interesting! :eek:
(which is not part of Merry Mayhem of course)

fugadominant.jpg

AND ... last but not least,
I uncovered the Nun and Priest's Honeymoon Hideaway!

nunpriesthoneymoon.jpg

We all know ... that the HoF list changes quite steadily, but I wanted to give everyone an idea of what was happening right out the gate when the event started, so there you have it. I can say with certainty, that the race to the finish line is on, and that many are fully engaged. There doesn't seem to be a shortage on globals from the event mobs either, so perhaps you are out there capturing your own, and if so, I wish you continued good luck.

My next report will be from the field! :yay:

Last edited:
DAY 1 - Friday - December 26, 2008
"Can't See The Forest For The Trees"
Field Report Deep in the Forest
with the Dark Knights

Upon opening a PM from FJRMac (Mac) ... I was delighted to receive an invite to join the Dark Knights society deep in the forest SE of Medusa to witness Ozi's assembled team to assist in his efforts to win first place in Category 3 of the Merry Mayhem Event.

After signing in game ... I chatted with Ozi in PM for a minute, only to learn that his fapping service hadn't arrived as yet, so I volunteered my services for a while until backup showed up. I figured it was the least I could do after not only being invited to witness the forestry smackdown, but also allowing me to intrude in their soc voice chat channel for the duration I spent with them.

I have to say ... what an incredibly awesome group ... not only were they looking out for each other and working smashingly as a fine-tuned team, but they even looked out for me as well. Thank you to all of you for your friendship, and covering my purple ass when it was needed ... even though I got caught in the cross-limbs a few times. :eek:

I can tell you this ... there was no issue with the level of spawn whatsoever, but rather a nice sea of constant red that kept Ozi's taggers quite busy, not to mention his new X5 (Unlimited) blaring away non-stop. Mac loaned Ozi his Vain armor as well, which was a definite plus, and I can say that after witnessing the synchronicity with this group, Ozi is putting up a good fight toward the finish line and victory.

Here is a peek at the action ... Ozi, Missa, Mulga, Lady Trisha, FJRMac, and just before I left, PostHistory from BAHQc (I think) showed up to support. Good Luck Ozi ... see you at the finish line. :wtg:

Deep in the Forest with Dark Knights

[YOUTUBE]-mvnyI1OnTE[/YOUTUBE]

*There's something just not right about the way
the trees look and move!*
:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks very much MS9, once again a great report and cool vid. :thumbup:
Your efforts are really appreciated.

It was really cool catching up and chatting with all you guys in TS as well. The team has made an awesome start, now is the challenge to maintain it.

Regards to all,

Mac :)

Off to a great start in the event, thanks for coming and hanging with the crew for a while MS9, was fun to have you along. A bit under 5 hours done out of 36, so a long way to go yet :)

I hesitate to say it, that everyone else should give up now and save their peds mwoohahaha !

Geez you are fast at getting a video up unto Youtube.

Very interesting MS9! Looking forward to more reports MS9.

Btw, great teamwork there guys and I wish you the best.

Reactions: Ozi
Our pleasure M9S having you with us for the forrest camp and also on TS.
Feel free to hang out with us anytime you feel like getting some action :yay:

PS. we discovered after you left that none could hear me on TS and I was wondering why nobody was answering when I said something.....
Loved your laughs and vitty coments ;)

damn..im glad i decided not to compete in my category :)

would not have stood any chance even with support

Thanks very much MS9, once again a great report and cool vid. :thumbup:
Your efforts are really appreciated.

It was really cool catching up and chatting with all you guys in TS as well. The team has made an awesome start, now is the challenge to maintain it.

Regards to all,

Mac :)

And thank YOU again for the invite ... it's always a pleasure meeting up with the DK gang, because it's always a lot of fun. You guys are a special group indeed, and I would have to agree that what I witnessed in the time I spent with you guys yesterday, you definitely have a great start. It was also fun to be with you guys on TS as well, but I think "I" was the one with the strange accent this time! :laugh:

Off to a great start in the event, thanks for coming and hanging with the crew for a while MS9, was fun to have you along. A bit under 5 hours done out of 36, so a long way to go yet :)

I hesitate to say it, that everyone else should give up now and save their peds mwoohahaha !

Geez you are fast at getting a video up unto Youtube.

As I said above ... I love hanging out with the DK gang, it's always exciting for me since I get to experience more of the bigger mobs without getting my lights punched out so much. I love the adrenaline rush of it all, but I also try to stay out of everyone's way the best I can while I get the photos or video footage.

Also ... glad I was also available to step in to fap while waiting for your healer, but then, you really didn't need that much at all my dear. :D I just kept the fap going as much as possible just in case. Pretty much like I did when we were on the beacon mission and encountered the Big Bulk. I wanted to be able to quickly catch any big hits, but that's just me, over achiever. :laugh:

You're off to a great start indeed ... and I wish you the best during the intensity of it all. Oh, and with regard to getting the video up fast ... these types of short reports don't take me that long at all, it's things like the WWW profiles and regular Front Page news reports that take me much longer to do, and right now I don't have time for those until I finish this unexpected college project that dropped in my lap, which I'm excited about btw, but I have a deadline, so I'm trying to fill in with little reports like this during the event in the meantime.

Now get back to work! :whip: ;)

Very interesting MS9! Looking forward to more reports MS9.

Btw, great teamwork there guys and I wish you the best.

Thanks Snap ... and yes, DK definitely knows how to bring the teamwork together. I spent well over an hour with them, and with what I witnessed, I would say they don't need a huge support team, because they have it nicely, and precisely synchronized very impressively. :wtg:

Our pleasure M9S having you with us for the forrest camp and also on TS.
Feel free to hang out with us anytime you feel like getting some action :yay:

PS. we discovered after you left that none could hear me on TS and I was wondering why nobody was answering when I said something.....
Loved your laughs and vitty coments ;)

Thanks Trish ... and thanks also for the many heals you gave ME while I was healing Ozi, much appreciated. With regard to TS, I thought perhaps you were just in the zone with how you were covering everyone so well, not to mention the shooting, and I know that when some people are intensely in the moment, they may not talk, but hey ... I know that TS can be a challenge at times, so no biggie. Besides, except for the distinguishing female/male voices, I couldn't tell you Aussies apart anyway, and why I said "I" was the one with the strange accent. :silly2:

Best of luck to you and the DK gang ... and thanks again for the future invites as well. :yay:

damn..im glad i decided not to compete in my category :)

would not have stood any chance even with support

Awww ... don't give up so easily Hon ... there are 10 slots available to win, and while everyone can't win first place, there's no shame in winning something during this event. Now get back out there and at least make the effort. ;)

I'll be back later ... I'm going to be heading out into the field to gather info for Day 2 of my Merry Mayhem Moments. :D

Last edited:
DAY 2 - Saturday - December 27, 2008
"Just Feffin' Around"
Field Report from South of Corinth
with a cast of many!

In today's report ... I bring you the action from South of Corinth where there was plenty of activity with an enormous Feffoid spawn. Many solo'd while some had support from socmates and friends. I caught quite a few of our colonists intensely engaged, and because there were so many, it was difficult while making the video to remember which clips belonged to what names, so I will give you the list of names here of those that I captured since I wrote them down, and I believe I have them in order of appearance. :D

* Hoost - "The Ancients"
* Blackwater - "The Chosen Few"
* Raven Storm DaSilva - "Crow Valley Elite"
* Irken Invaders Society - "Cybertrash, Loren, and beechbum"
* Lampreia - "The NBK"
* soundboy - "cK Shadows"
*TK Tombraider - "TK TodesKommando" - (he got the global you see)
* crazyhunter - "Hunters Unlimited"
* Godless - "Freelancer"
* Windowlicker - "Freelancer"​

Over all ... as huge as the spawn was, and as many Feffs that were going from one colonist to another, I didn't really witness any issues, especially with regard to KS'ing. By now it should be common knowledge (maybe) that if a mob attacks someone and they don't give it immediate attention with a shot or two, then it's going to run off after the next green dot. I saw this happening a lot, because many had several mobs on them at once as a result of the continuous and large spawn.

Everything seemed to go well ... except I had one particular Feff who was determined to get himself in the movies, and even employed some of his buddies to harass me while I was trying to film. They just don't understand that you have to put your time in as an "Extra" before you can reach stardom, but that concept seems a bit hard for them to come to grips with, so they resort to being bullies, which of course doesn't work with me ... not IRL, not online, and not in a virtual world. Purple power rulez in the end. :silly2:

There was something special too ... I caught an announcement in chat from JohnCapital that said ... "Buying loot ~ I PAY IN AMMO YOU NEED ~ I come to you" ... while having a PM chat with JC, I discovered that he's not competing in Merry Mayhem, but offering his services, and he has a thread announcing it as well. Nice work there JC! :thumbup:

Enjoy today's video report!

FEFFIN' AROUND SOUTH OF CORINTH

[YOUTUBE]QWHsgVj2-pk[/YOUTUBE]

*mobs just don't get it sometimes*

Hey, cool video of the Feff hunting MS9.....I've been so busy with the Itumatrox I haven't had a chance to see the Merry Mayhem action happening all over EU.

Thanks for showing us what's going on around the place.

I'm looking forward to seeing the spider and corno video's.

Thanks Ozi ;) ... and just a quick note ... I went out to get some footage of those hunting the Corns, but I think I might have picked the wrong time to do so, because I only caught about 5 people NE of Zeus, none S of Troy, none S of PA, and none at LA 18, which seemed rather strange. I got some good footage NE of Zeus, but I need more for the video, so I'm going to make another attempt at finding people on Monday, but if people are working this week, then I'm wondering what a good time would be. I also need to capture those out battling the spiders as well, but not sure any ubers want to be bothered with me in the midst.

Here's what I'll do ... I want to make sure that I cover all event mobs and people engaged with them for the videos, as well as get info from the field to report on how things are going, so ... if anyone is interested in allowing my purple ass to come spend a little bit of time with you while you hammer away at your category mob, please send me a PM (don't post here to give it away so that it's a surprise in the video), and then I'll make arrangements to come out to where you are hunkered down with the mobs.

As far as Corns are concerned ... I found a nice level of spawn NE of Zeus, but nothing to shake a stick at S of Troy (going too far W would put me in spider territory), and nothing really to speak of S of PA, unless of course I just missed the mark, but went the direction MA gave for these spawns. I did however, also find a nice spawn of Corns in LA 18 (the big square N of Reis TP), and even led them on a nice jog (not sure I captured all of the video before I died though), but no people out there, except one young lady who looked more like she was running from them than shooting them. She was also away from the group where I was too, so not sure what the deal was.

Anyway ... if anyone is interested in being in the movies for my reports, send me a PM and we'll go from there. :D

I think the serious Corn competitors will all be at TI for the Prowlers & Stalkers :)

I think the serious Corn competitors will all be at TI for the Prowlers & Stalkers :)

Oooo ... good point Oleg, and I have NO idea why that didn't come to mind as much time as I have spent out there with those things. THANK you! ;)

well done MS9 you made the itumas hunt with Ozi more exciting on video than in game :)) Shame you cant add teamspeak to it as Posthistory has some really great jokes while he faps Ozi :scratch2:

Well off to bed, the itumas hurt me... they hurt me bad...

I made one last attempt with the Corns ... I took a run out N of TI City where I used to hang out with all the higher maturity ones, and I didn't see a spawn out of the ordinary ... nor did I see hunters taking them down either, except a couple of people, and then a group of 3 who were just running through the field heading NE and not bothering with the Corns. Perhaps my time zone just doesn't catch enough people being active, but generally, I don't get in the game until later in the evening after I work on other things first, and maybe it's just too late. Once in a while I can get in game earlier, and especially on the weekend, but during the week it's a little more difficult.

However ... I did put out a casting call here for anyone who wouldn't mind being filmed for the ongoing reports, but there doesn't seem to be any interest ... not even from some ubers I sent PM's to who haven't responded, but that said, I can appreciate the intensity of the event, and the focus needed to accomplish what's necessary for a potential win. I'm not faulting anyone, just making an observation, and looking at the facts.

Therefore ... I've decided to scrap this project and let everyone continue to be focused on the event. I wish them all great luck. I'll try another time with another event perhaps, but for now, I'll focus on my other projects.

Happy New Year to Everyone! :yay:

Great update ^^ Especially for us who didn't compete! I chose not too because I'm in the beginning of my level (57) and therefor it's too difficult with the itumatroxes! But I'm amazed to see the amount of globals and hofs in all categories! People surely rock ...

And thanks for capturing one of our globals "up there" - we sure had a great run :silly2: - but it really isnt anything compared to the Mayhem globals :laugh:

And very nice videos, MindStar - did you make one for the "let it rock" thingie yet? Or did I just miss it?? (you should :D)

:hug:

Great update ^^ Especially for us who didn't compete! I chose not too because I'm in the beginning of my level (57) and therefor it's too difficult with the itumatroxes! But I'm amazed to see the amount of globals and hofs in all categories! People surely rock ...

And thanks for capturing one of our globals "up there" - we sure had a great run :silly2: - but it really isnt anything compared to the Mayhem globals :laugh:

And very nice videos, MindStar - did you make one for the "let it rock" thingie yet? Or did I just miss it?? (you should :D)

:hug:

Well hello there you ... nice to see you survived the CP trip ok. When I saw your global in game, I had to screenie it, because it was just too worthy NOT to post your discovered honeymoon hideaway. ;)

Thanks for your kind words ... they are always appreciated, and I will be sending you an email soon (probably next day or two), to give you a heads up about something. No, it's not a "Let It Rock" video thingy, because I'm not doing one. There's one person I know of who's working on one, and I can't wait to see it, but I shall not reveal who that is. :silly2:

Hugs to you and the Priest ... we'll chat soon! :D

Back