MSR - Athena Spaceport TP Run #6 - Oct. 10, 2009

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
asp-graphic.jpg

(Graphic Artist: The-Onciest)
SATURDAY - OCT 10th - 21:00 IN-WORLD TIME

MindStar Radio (MSR) is holding its 6th Athena Spaceport TP Run this Saturday at 21:00 in-world time, and is a weekly event. We are also supporting the efforts of the Participant PA Guides to help new players acquire the East Scylla Mountain TP in order to be able to join in one of the Athena Spaceport TP Runs.

SPECIAL NOTE

Limited mindforce may have been reintroduced as a means for personal teleporting, but there are those (especially newbies) who are unable to afford the equipment and/or mind essence needed to utilize this feature. Therefore, the Athena Spaceport TP runs will continue to take place every Saturday at 21:00 in-world time.

This event is open to everyone who either needs the Athena Spaceport TP, or who already have it but would like to join us in the run to help support the effort, and shield those who are less protected ... not to mention all the fun we have along the way. It's a long but adventurous run, and the scenery is just breathtaking. And speaking of scenery ... there is also a photo contest associated with each one of these runs (check below).

We will meet Saturday at 21:00 in-world time at the East Scylla Mountains TP where we will begin our trip. Be prepared to spend a good deal of time on this journey, because it is a long trek with mob encounters along the way, but this will make it an interesting adventure.

PHOTO CONTEST

After reaching our destination at the Athena Spaceport, the group trip will end, and everyone will be on their own to explore this incredible city. During your exploration, be sure to capture photos and select your most unique and/or breathtaking view of the Athena Spaceport city to submit as an entry into the photo contest. There will be one single winner, and determining that winner will be done in a very unique way (see below). The prize for each photo contest is 100 PED.

HERE ARE THE RULES:

• You must be a member of the TP run group to be eligible
• Names of each member present on the trip will be recorded
• You are allowed to post as many photos as you like
• Photos must be taken at Athena Spaceport
• All photos must have a clear screen (no dashboard/icons)

The following screen shot points out in red outline how to achieve a clear screen through utilizing the keyboard mapping function in-world and placing the appropriate icons from your Action Library onto your keyboard.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

-- press "G" and "L" to open up keyboard mapping
-- in upper left corner (little box) navigate Active Set
.....to the *
-- click on "Action Library" in the Edit Panel if not open
-- click on the "System" tab at the bottom of the
.....Action Library
-- drag the 4th icon (Dashboard) to your "V" key
-- drag the 5th icon (Desktop Icons) to your "B" key
-- press "G" and "L" to close your keyboard mapping
.....feature​

• Photos must be posted in thumbnail format only at
.....Entropia Forum
• Photos must be posted in this thread
• Entries must be posted no later than 23:59 in-world time
.....on the Wednesday following each Saturday TP run to be eligible​

CHOOSING A WINNER

The winner of each Athena Spaceport TP Run Photo Contest will be chosen using the EuroMillions Draw method. Everyone's eye through the camera lens is subjective, and therefore, worthy of merit for effort and personal composition and creativity.

HERE'S HOW THE DRAW METHOD WORKS:

• Based on EuroMillions Lotto

• Every Friday, this lottery generates 5 numbers + 2 lucky star numbers

• These 7 numbers (with the zeros removed from the lucky star numbers) that are posted at the lotto site the Friday after each photo contest will be used to determine the winner

• The “Modulo” mathematical function will be used to calculate the winning number … you can find information about this function here.

• A number will be assigned to each photo in the order posted
..... beginning with the number zero

• Each entrant’s name, along with designated number will be updated in the original post

• As an example: if there are 25 entries, and the EuroMillion numbers the following Friday after the photo contest are … 9 – 14 – 19 – 21 – 34, with the star numbers being 05 and 07 … the zeros would be removed from the 05 and 07 and the number used with the Modulo function would be: 91419213457 … and the winning photo entry number would then be: 7

• You can test this formula out yourself by activating your Windows calculator (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Calculator) … enter 91419213457, click on the “Mod” key, then enter 25 and press the equal symbol … and Voila!!​

LIVE COVERAGE

Each Athena Spaceport TP run will be broadcast live on MindStar Radio (MSR). Upbeat music will be played to keep the energy high during our trek to the Athena Spaceport, and each participant is invited to submit their own selections to be included on the playlist.

Each submitted selection will be reviewed to make sure that it is in compliance with standards set not only by MSR, but the EULA and our radio station host as well. Post all song requests in this thread and include full artist name and song title prior to the start of each TP run.

SEE YOU ALL ON SATURDAY

PHOTO CONTEST PARTICIPANTS

Below is the list of photo contest participants and their Designated Numbers (DN) for the EuroMillions Lotto Draw on Friday, Oct 16th ...

DN=0 ... 3-J
DN=1 ... Master Suzuki
DN=2 ... Ysabel
DN=3 ... EddiMan
DN=4 ... TheOneOmega
DN=5 ... T79x
DN=6 ... Nadie
DN=7 ... ThunderBall CZ
DN=8 ... Starw Fanatic
DN=9 ... catdeluxe

WINNER IS ... TheOneOmega

There were 10 entries ... the EuroMillions Lotto numbers for Friday, October 16th are … 12-23-30-31-47, with the star numbers being 3 and 4 … the number used with the Modulo function would be: 122330314734 … and the winning photo entry number would then be: 4

Congratulations :yay:

Last edited:
will be there

Excellent ... looking forward to seeing you ... and I guess I should have bumped this thread already to get it rollin' again, but was busy with the MidNite Moods show ... so thank you for bumping it. :D

Last ... B-U-M-P ... for this TP tun ... see you at East Scylla! :D

yooohoooooo
yall come to east scylla :D

another fun run...

somehow after the athena run on the way to eos, after i jumped off the waterfall i starting flying up into the air... as i'm typing this i'm currently 2200 meters into the air flying around over calypso, and still rising! I can move around up here in whatever direction i want, moving really fast....

here is a screenie of me over eos :)

i'm going to fly around some more, see what happens ;)

****edit****

okay i ended up peaking at about 3300meters, then i guess i reached space and ended up dropping down southwest of eurus.... if you look on the map, athena to eurus in about 3mins is really quick lol wow quite an adventure... i'm going to try to duplicate the bug see if i can go on another trip

here's another of me flying...

and here's my entry for the contest, i like trees ;)

Last edited:
another fun run...

somehow after the athena run on the way to eos, after i jumped off the waterfall i starting flying up into the air... as i'm typing this i'm currently 2200 meters into the air flying around over calypso, and still rising! I can move around up here in whatever direction i want, moving really fast....

here is a screenie of me over eos, also my entry for the photo contest ;)

****edit****

okay i ended up peaking at about 3300meters, then i guess i reached space and ended up dropping down southwest of eurus.... if you look on the map, athena to eurus in about 3mins is really quick lol wow quite an adventure... i'm going to try to duplicate the bug see if i can go on another trip

heres another screenie, i l

Looks like fun ... but sorry to inform you that your photo needs to be of "Athena" ... not Eos or any other TP city, sorry. :( Make sure you get a proper photo added to your post ... you have time. :D

ohhh yah, okay... i've edited my post and included one of athena :)

ok theres my photo ^,...,^

And me with a bottle in my hands as per normal :ahh: :laugh:

Will add a pic of where I landed after my 'fall' later and btw it was all MS9's fault :silly2: :D

my first EF post! :)

I love your tp runs, thanks for showing us noobs the way... :)

Took my very first EU screenies today, inspired by your contest and of course, the beautiful Athena landscape...

thanks for all you do for the new kids (like me), MS9 :)

I love your tp runs, thanks for showing us noobs the way... :)

Took my very first EU screenies today, inspired by your contest and of course, the beautiful Athena landscape...

thanks for all you do for the new kids (like me), MS9 :)

You're very welcome ... and I'm glad that you enjoyed the TP run ... we sure do have a lot of fun. Awesome photo by the way ... very nicely done. Looking forward to seeing you at more MSR events and shows. ;)

Sorry, I was unable to attend this time.. :ahh:
I hope to see some more nice screenies here..

another fun run...

here is a screenie of me over eos :)

****edit****

here's another of me flying...

and here's my entry for the contest, i like trees ;)

:flip: Seems like a fantastik flight 3J :wtg:

Truly another fun run to Athena ...

1-asp-101009-radar.jpg

Here is my pic

This was a nice view took it during the freefall.

Pretty sure this will be considered an Athena picture, unless it has to be from the circle at the top with the TP.

Anyhow, my picture shows the Earthlings raining down from the sky with swords to invade Calypso. ;)

Great Run! Awsome job guys!:yay:
Wicked pics. Nice work! :)

Just a ... B-U-M-P ... be sure to get your pics posted for the photo contest ... don't miss out on possibly winning 100 peds. :D You have until 23:59 Wednesday night in-world time, so get to it. :wtg:

Here is mine :D

Dumb question, I know any form of lottery is not allowed due to ToU, but does that mean you can have one outside of EU but still dealing with EU stuff?

Dumb question, I know any form of lottery is not allowed due to ToU, but does that mean you can have one outside of EU but still dealing with EU stuff?

I'm only using the numbers ... and this is something that I used when I did events for Neverdie in-world and at his forum back in 2006. It is not considered a lottery in the way it is used here. If you read the details in the original post, you'll see that I'm just picking up the numbers of the lottery, and then doing a mathematical calculation to determine the winner. This was all sorted out back in 2006, and it is not violating the EULA or ToS. I appreciate your inquiry though, and perhaps you might join us some time for the fun of the adventure. :D

Here's one of the pics I took after my fall over the edge while auto-running and trying to type :laugh:

Lesson learnt! :wise: :ahh:

Here's one of the pics I took after my fall over the edge while auto-running and trying to type :laugh:

Lesson learnt! :wise: :ahh:

Ya, but :wise: ... ya got an awesome pic Nads! :yay: Was really great to have you along on the run ... however, auto run and chatting don't work on this trip ... far too many ledges to slip off, and pits to fall into, but you can always consult with our expert ... I'll send you the name in PM so there's no embarrassment Cyber :silly:

Starw Fanatic Entry

Thanks for hosting this event. It was alot of fun =)
I'll be sure to come back for future runs.

my third run and this time was able to stay awake and got Boreas.. :yay: finnnaaalllyyyyyyyy

thanx for good time, and here is my try t take a good photo:

Original post updated ... and the winner of the 6th Athena Spaceport TP Run Photo Contest is ... TheOneOmega ... Congratulations! :wtg:

gratz omega!!

0 has to come up sometime....... right? ;)

Back