MSR - Athena Spaceport TP Run - 9/5/09

Was a great run MS9 will do it again. Lots of fun and good music. All great peoples in this run.

Last edited:
Athena TP Run

Love these kinds of events, brings the community together, and meet all sorts of new folks. :cool:

Hence, my submission will be this:

Here is my entry

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Very sorry I missed it. As it was Father's Day here in New Zealand, I spent the time gardening with my dad. :)

Looks like it was a great run. Will try and make the next event.

Thank you for this tp run it would ge difficult to get there on my own, It was great fun :)
And here is entry from me :

thank you very much for the TP-Run
:D

You were missed Salix ... as were many of our other friends who couldn't make it, but we're going to be doing this again, and maybe as soon as next Saturday, so say tuned for the announcement. But hey ... it was a special thing to spend time with your Dad on Father's Day, so good for you. ;)

In the meantime ... OMG ... can we talk FUN ... this Athena Spaceport TP run was absolutely awesome. We had close to 40 people on this run, and got some amazing photos ... especially the snake effect on the radar of the winding green dots along the mountain trails, as well as other screen shots, BUT ... I also got plenty of cool footage to make a video, and I'll get that posted as soon as I can. This event was so successful, we have to keep it going, and I'm thinking 21:00 in-world time on Saturdays, but we can be flexible with that.

Here are a few of the photos ...

East Scylla TP while the group was still gathering ...

A few radar shots while winding through the mountains ...

2-msr-asp-radar.jpg

3-msr-asp-radar.jpg

4-msr-asp-radar.jpg

5-msr-asp-radar.jpg

6-msr-asp-radar.jpg

7-msr-asp-radar.jpg

Inside a tower area just below the peak where the TP was ...

Running up the last leg of road to the TP ...

Mission accomplished ...

Just part of this beautiful spaceport ...

And speaking of photos ... don't forget to get your photo entries posted for the contest, but be sure to follow the rules. Check the original post for details before uploading your pic. Also ... thumbnail sizes only, and clear screens. :D The winner will be announced on Friday, Sep 11th after the EuroMillions Lotto numbers are posted. The prize is 100 PED. There were no globals or hofs during this trek, but maybe next time. :wtg:

MUCH thanks ... everyone looked out for their fellow Entropians during this long-ass run, and did an excellent job of keeping it all together. It was absolutely amazing, and quite impressive the way you guys and gals ran this terrain. The caring and waiting for people to catch up because we had new Calypso citizens who ran a bit slower, and taking care of business when mobs wanted to join our caravan was outstanding.

Also ... a BIG thank you to ranpha and others who helped run new citizens from PA to the East Scylla Mountain TP to join up with this group. The timing was perfect, as we were just heading out when they showed up. Let's see if we can get more new citizens the East Scylla Mountain TP during this week sometime so that they can join the next run to the Athena Spaceport TP. :wtg:

There's more to the day ... but I'm going to have to add it later, because we had spontaneous activities after the Athena Spaceport TP run that took a group of us on even more non-stop TP runs to Tibasha, Miwak, Cayuze, Zephyrus, and Segna for those who didn't have the TP.

Oh, and ... I had an encounter with a few rather aggressive Boorum Raiders outside of Tabasha. :eek:

lol - Long Schlong!

Crazy fun-

Significant, sagacious, sojourn!
Cake!

;-)

It was great fun! Thanks MS9 and Faye.
Heres my submission for the contest:
Good luck everyone!

my review

Ok here's my big post:

Before saying anything. i have to say this. this trip was AWESOME

but now...

A little story

Before the tp run started, i got a BSoD (ok, my fault, i shouldn't try to take very high screenshots). i rebooted the computer and tried to launch Planet Calypso as fast as i could. :(

When i log on, i got the classic greek underearth bug (i.e. the bug where you sometimes start underland, that looks like water :) )

i pressed T and i revived at a Outpost SW from Fort Troy, and that was like the other side of East Scyllia Mountain :eek::eek: . then it was kinda of a problem to leave there. i died once, adn then i tried to find the path that connects the outpost to Fort troy. it took me like 5 minutes just to find the path :rolleyes:

Then i reached Fort troy and tp'ed to ESM. but then another bug happened. i was trying to leave the tp, but when i get farther i returned back, i was like stuck. so i quickly tp'ed to another place and tp'ed back to try to remove that spell.

FINALLY i could head SW and i found you guys :) you were in the other border of the first river we past.

i got SOOOOOOOOOO relieved. when i lost from you guys. i got that feeling of, when a kid get's lost from his group. and thank god i didn't give up.

General review

Ok, let me say of what i think about the general trip.

about the start, well i lost myself, so i'm gonna skip to the next part :rolleyes:

the mid trip was calm, no chills, few mobs, everyone happy, nice scenery, etc.

in the mountains, i guess it was really fun. the thrill of climbing, walking through narrow paths, being careful of the sandtraps (do these exist in Calypso :eek: ) and the recurrent dancing and the grenade shooting. :rocket:

then we had our climax when we reach the Athena Spaceport. it's a beautiful city. When we arrived there i thought, "Hmm, is this land good for hunting? Mining? Trading?? Heh what the hell, this city is f*ing beautiful".

And at the end. awesome. all in front to take a pic from MS9, the weapons shooting (especially the Grenade Launchers ). All very good. :rocket:

So in general. this was ****** in a total of 5 stars. Very good? No, not very good ! But... VERY AWESOME !!!1

Ok ppl, pictures time !!

you can all see in my album here https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/members/kamarkos+danix-albums2370.html

but i am going to show in this post anyway :yay::yay: (all clickable thumbs)

Picture nr 1

This is a sunset in East Scyllia Mountains i took (Very High quality) , before the we did the tp run. More beautiful than real life (my current desktop)

Picture nr 2

A picture i took in the middle of the trip, nothing special (exept that SoftHart was caught flying)

Picture nr 3

Ahh, the first tower

Picture nr 4

We were inside the dome, remember :)

Picture nr 5

A high quality picture i took with you guys. thankfully most of you were still there. :laugh:

Picture nr 6

A scenic picture i took, again with high quality.

And now my entry. THIS IS MY ENTRY MINDSTAR9

Expected much?

Thanks MS9 for this wonderful trip and thanks guys taht made this really awesome, like MS9 said. YOU ALL ROCK

:sniper: :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: :rocket:

THANK YOU

A high quality picture i took with you guys. thankfully most of you were still there. :laugh:

OMG looks like I wasn't the only one skilling in streaking. Mindstar what happened to your pants?? :laugh:

There's more to the day ... but I'm going to have to add it later, because we had spontaneous activities after the Athena Spaceport TP run that took a group of us on even more non-stop TP runs to Tibasha, Miwak, Cayuze, Zephyrus, and Segna for those who didn't have the TP.

Ahh damn, wish I could have stayed to pick up those too :( I did come on later and Found Eos at 71414-69446, Zephyrus at 69942-66925, and Notrus at 66772-70139 plus about 3 others that didn't show on the map.

Mindstar you have the coords for the ones you found?

Cyber, where the hell where you I almost fell to my death :( :)
Mindstar, Great Job! :swoon:

what did i do or not do by the sounds of it :eek: i remember offering to help push your nice firm urmm... up the hill, think i got wrong of someone :hammer:

i was also playing my own game on the way to Athena it wasn't where's wally can you guess... where's the streaker (aka SoftHart)

Here are some SS of the run sorry for low quality and SS size as i had radio issues all the way to Athena :mad:

Everyone scrambles to the edge...

Only to jump to vanity :laugh:

These narrow paths got me the last time and i fell over the edge but this time i made sure it did not happen :yay:

The final stretch into Athena MS9 was a little lost i think don't worry tho we kept her on track ;)

Running up into Athena i cought a glimps of one unfortunate soul fall off here (never caught that on the SS tho... :rolleyes:) so far but so close i know how you must feel :laugh:

Finally reaching the end, did not take long at all :yay:

A few after show SS the party continues...

this was my favorite SS of the night

Found another streaker on the this TP run this guy gave SoftHart a run for her money. I was in scope already turned around and this was trying to jump me i got a fright i tell you :eek:

This was the extremely long ass haul swim to Cayuze avoiding all the Flax so we thought its best to stay in the water

The Final Final stretch of the night (well it was actually 8am) going to Segna to reclaim the lost TP for some

Thank you MS9 for organizing this event had a lot of fun and im sure ill be along with you on many more to come :D

P.S Jeffe needs a royal kick in the :nutkick:

what did i do or not do by the sounds of it :eek: i remember offering to help push your nice firm urmm... up the hill, think i got wrong of someone :hammer:

Running up into Athena i cought a glimps of one unfortunate soul fall off here (never caught that on the SS tho... :rolleyes:) so far but so close i know how you must feel :laugh:

Actually it was right at this point when I was getting the feeling I was going to fall over the edge and you told me you would hold my hand. But you never showed up!!! :cry:

I was almost that unfortunate soul :laugh:

Actually it was right at this point when I was getting the feeling I was going to fall over the edge and you told me you would hold my hand. But you never showed up!!! :cry:

I was almost that unfortunate soul :laugh:

i so was there look ill prove it i was making sure you were ok all the way ;) you just got excited and ran off :saint:

:yay: LOL Ok, I apologize :) Maybe I was so scared I was gonna fall off I didn't notice you there :laugh:

Awesome, Alliterative, Athena TP Run!

This Athena TP run was truly epic. Thanks again MS9 and all you happy people. ;-)

My entry:

Well on my screen she had pants on the whole time.....someone was bugged :laugh:

It wasn't my fault! i promised i didn't looked :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::tongue2::tongue2: (ok, maybe lying, but i seriously didn't look with bad intentions :tongue2:)

*no comment* :hammer:

lol - Long Schlong!

Crazy fun-

Significant, sagacious, sojourn!
Cake!

;-)

Uhhh, yes ... and quite the exhibitionists indeed. My guess is ... the MA male coders didn't care about being anatomically correct with the guys, and wanted to look at boobs instead, so our guys still remain dickless. :rolleyes: MY theory is, there has to be at least one female coder at MA who rebelled, and said ... oh YA? ... and therefore, went overboard with the killer mob weapon on the Boorums. Talk about a smackdown. :eek: But hey ... they only THINK they have something special, until I bring out my own weapon of choice, and show them how easy it is to render THEM anatomically incorrect (I didn't want to say dickless again) :D

And thank you ... for your exciting, eloquent, expressions extraordinaire during our marathon TP runs. ;)

Ok here's my big post:

Before saying anything. i have to say this. this trip was AWESOME ...

... [snipped to shorten] ...

Thanks MS9 for this wonderful trip and thanks guys taht made this really awesome, like MS9 said. YOU ALL ROCK

Hey there Danix ... I'm glad you had fun, that's what it's all about. I also liked your little story there with the photos. I can certainly appreciate the style given that I've been an EU Picture Storyteller since 2005. :D Join us again sometime just for the fun, or come along on any other TP runs.

OMG looks like I wasn't the only one skilling in streaking. Mindstar what happened to your pants?? :laugh:

Well ... there seems to be a bug with the black pants I think, because the checkerboard look from a distance (graphics ca-ca) doesn't happen with anything else for me ... just these pants. Moonie said it was happening with his graphics too (on my black pants), but he was enjoying it. :laugh: Seems like a few others were too. It wasn't until after the Athena Spaceport run when we were in search of the other TP's that I just finally took them off, but I definitely had them on at the Athena TP.

Thanks Softy ... for not only coming along so that you could get the Athena TP, but also for providing some entertainment like you always do. It's so much fun having you around. Glad you made the Fort Fury Road Trip earlier too, that was a hoot (except for several server crashes at Zychion at the end).

Oh, on the other TP's ... I'll have to get those for you because I don't have them handy ... didn't write everything down since I think they're all here at the forum somewhere anyway ... the members here are quite efficient that way. :wtg:

... [snipped to shorten] ...

The final stretch into Athena MS9 was a little lost i think don't worry tho we kept her on track ;)

Thank you MS9 for organizing this event had a lot of fun and im sure ill be along with you on many more to come :D

P.S Jeffe needs a royal kick in the :nutkick:

My dear Cyber ... how special are you, eh? ;) Oh, and ... I wasn't lost Hon, just never knew that trail was there the first time a group of us took the trek, and some of us ended up T'ing out to get the TP (it's not that clearly marked), so this time it was a first for me to run up the final lap to the TP from the tower where we were all gathered first. That was a rather tricky run, but an exciting one.

And thank you for ... your part in leading us to a few of those new TP's as well, it was just too much fun. Love your photos btw ... didn't know you were swimming deep to get the shot. :silly2:

With regard to Jeffe ... ya, he deserves a thump on the head at least from you for putting your SnakeyCakes business out in the street :laugh: ... but I'm the one who broadcast it on air :tongue2: ... so I guess you owe me one too, eh? :D I think you got even in the ring and during the Flashback Oldies show though. :laugh: I totally enjoyed falling into death with you. :wtg:

JUST AS A HEADS UP

I updated the original post ... and added the names of the participants who have submitted photos so far for the contest. I have assigned each person their Designated Number (DN) ... and this is the number that you hope calculates out according to the formula posted when the EuroMillions Lotto numbers come up on Friday, September 11th.

Also ... for those who have not submitted a photo for the contest yet, please do so, because there are 100 PEDs up for grabs. Make sure you read the rules again in the original post. You only have until 23:59 in-world time on Monday in order to get your photos posted and be eligible for the photo contest draw.

I'm sorry to say ... that hawkemiles, your photo is not eligible with the dashboard and icons in the screenie. What I will do though, is come back and make another post with a screenshot of what 2 icons from your action library you should use to key map so that it's a one key function (each) to remove the dashboard and icons from your screen before taking a photo. We'll be doing this run again next weekend, so you're welcome to come along for the fun and enter the contest then. ;)

Thanks for the support everyone ... the new thread for next weekend will be posted soon. :yay:

Can't wait for next weekend's run!

Me either! Should have my new PC setup my then! :yay:

Can't wait for next weekend's run!

Me either! Should have my new PC setup my then! :yay:

Me either ... this run is an amazing journey with a group of people. MSR will do it every Saturday at 21:00, and while several of us tried to take newbies on TP runs out of PA on Sunday, we kept experiencing server crashes. I hope MA gets that fixed soon, because we would like to be able to work in conjunction with the new Participant Guides to get new players the East Scylla TP so that they can join one of these runs as well. I think the Athena Spaceport TP is going to be a rather vital one to have, and I'm speculating that it's going to be a rather busy hot spot as well. :D

Oh, and ... I have a little video footage I'm working on right now from the last run, and while it's not an extensive video this time, there's still some interesting footage. I'm going to take more footage on this next run. I'll post this video as soon as I'm finished. :wtg:

lol

Was awesome :dancing::tp::woohoo::shots::tprun::wtg::beerchug::woot:
thx Mindstar ;)

my entry

Just as a reminder ... as soon as the EuroMillions Lotto numbers are posted on Friday, a winner for the photo contest associated with this run will be announced, and a 100 PED prize awarded. Also, you are eligible to participate in each weekly run to the Athena Spaceport TP and submit a pic for the photo contest, but you must be a part of the run and go the distance with us to the city in order to submit a photo. Please be sure to read the rules and follow them accordingly.

Thank You! :)

We have a winner ... I updated the original post with the winner of the photo contest. :yay:

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

An excellent reason for everyone to join in on these runs, and enter the contests... I have the luck of the... well,... I have very little luck.. :ahh:

So!.. if I can win, you can too.. :cool:

Back