Multiple suspicious accounts registered to player-created event. No support from MindArk.

thisEUplayer

Provider
Society
Not worth it
Not worth it
Hi all,

I have been playing on ROCKtropia for over a month now and am having a blast running events, completing the zombie chain and meeting the people on ROCKtropia. It has been an amazing time and although I have been called every name in the book and am receiving an alarming amount of hate for simply liking or promoting ROCKtropia, I still love this place and plan on staying for the foreseeable future.

While NEVERDIE created the past events I created the one tonight by myself like a big boy. Spent 250PED on the thing, which for me is huge (my highest level is 31 in laser...).

It is happening in about 11 hours on ROCKtropia: "Insane in da memBRAINS!!!!"

I have over 80 registrations, which is a record for ROCKtropia for the last couple of weeks.

HOWEVER.

The attendees list looks....off. I contacted support over 4 days ago and never received a reply, Live Support is telling me its not their department and now it just feels like I have thrown PED to random alternate accounts. It's come a point where I almost regret creating the event in the first place...

Multiple avatar names are a variation of the same words. I would really appreciate if someone at MindArk could investigate as the event is tonight and I would be really, really bummed out if event prizes were to go to someone who cheated their way to victory.

@Ludvig|MindArk @My|MindArk

Please, and thanks.

thisEUplayer

edit: just in case, support case number is 436365

Last edited:
MA will not do anything.
It’s your event.
If you suspect people are using Alts or cheating, disqualify them and make some rules or requirements in the future to try to avoid it.

I have made a quick research, about other events creeated and i can notice the most of the players registered into your event, are on other aswell.

This could possible result 1 thing ->

They have registered as many ALTS they could, to increase their Reputation points.

Apart from that, I see no reason why would someone register their alts into events, as there are rules either - Highest Loot, or Most Loot (They dont really influence the score in any ways)

MA will not do anything.
It’s your event.
If you suspect people are using Alts or cheating, disqualify them and make some rules or requirements in the future to try to avoid it.
i would, if i could. as event creator you set the event and the prizes and thats pretty much it.... i could've set an HP requirement but then no new avatars can participate :/

I have made a quick research, about other events creeated and i can notice the most of the players registered into your event, are on other aswell.

This could possible result 1 thing ->

They have registered as many ALTS they could, to increase their Reputation points.

Apart from that, I see no reason why would someone register their alts into events, as there are rules either - Highest Loot, or Most Loot (They dont really influence the score in any ways)
thank you for the info. i thought maybe they were doing it just to increase their chance at getting HSL just by having more avatars shooting at once... its still HSL so i doubt a lv5 zombie will win over say a trojan kong lol but still.

it does put my mind at ease a bit, thanks Rechinul

I just received a reply from support, which I am sharing below:

Hi entropia,

Thank you for your support case.

"I have no proof, but it is a strange coincidence. The avatars are below"

No more than this is required, we only require the 3 names of an avatar and a reasonable suspicion and it's always something that gets investigated.

With that being said, investigations do take a period of time, in addition, if we take action against accounts, they will not be removed from Player Registry, Events or other areas where their avatar may be listed.

We thank you for bringing this occurrence to our attention, should similar incidents take place you are always welcome to report them to us.

We wish you the best of luck running your event!

Take care.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Thank you @Ludvig|MindArk

Hope to see some of you tonight (i know i know its late but still :) )

I would suggest adding "garbage" prizes for the event system and manually distributing the PED to the winners.
Just place a CND Banana or something like 1 PEC value.
That way you can verify they are legitimate players and if they were not abiding by rules etc, you could choose to not grant the prize.

Someone could also do this to buy up slots and get rid of competition, something else to consider in the future as well. You could also place a 5 PED entry fee, refundable if they trade you at / after event to prevent spam entries.

No doubt you should be suspicious, because no way there are 80 active players on RT 😁
okay okay now lol they're getting old ;D

we DO have active players OKAY!?!!?!?!?

sometimes they are just quiet....very very very quiet :p

I would suggest adding "garbage" prizes for the event system and manually distributing the PED to the winners.
Just place a CND Banana or something like 1 PEC value.
That way you can verify they are legitimate players and if they were not abiding by rules etc, you could choose to not grant the prize.

Someone could also do this to buy up slots and get rid of competition, something else to consider in the future as well. You could also place a 5 PED entry fee, refundable if they trade you at / after event to prevent spam entries.
Great suggestion, will def think about it if i do make another event...

Back