multiplier ?

Hey I am a bit puzzled ,I thought I understand how this works but I think I dont...

I just had an attempt to do a run(planetside) and I had to stop because the hit rate was horrible.

So question is how is this calculated and whats the multiplier on this :Used Z20+tera amp 6 and I got a 23ped hit and an 18ped hit.

I thought its something like drop value x 3.3 x multiplier ?But in this case drop value 7+ x 3.3 = more then even w.o multiplier.

what am I missing here ?

what am I missing here ?

Some days you are the statue and some days you are the pigeon.

If it really doesnt seem like its gonna work for you try in a day or two (and keep notes) .... ;)

Reactions: Mac
Hey I am a bit puzzled ,I thought I understand how this works but I think I dont...

I just had an attempt to do a run(planetside) and I had to stop because the hit rate was horrible.

So question is how is this calculated and whats the multiplier on this :Used Z20+tera amp 6 and I got a 23ped hit and an 18ped hit.

I thought its something like drop value x 3.3 x multiplier ?But in this case drop value 7+ x 3.3 = more then even w.o multiplier.

what am I missing here ?

Rule of thumb: If you can't handle 20 drops with no claims without cringing, reduce your drop cost.

I believe 2.7 is the number most people throw out around here.

Assuming 2.7 claims every 10 drops (70 PED), your average claim size would need to be ~23.33 PED for 90% return or 63 PED.

Obviously it doesn't actually work out to these numbers. You need to hit multipliers to get decent return. Can't just rely on hit rate. The only way to hit multipliers is to do lots of drops.

You first need to find something and then "pray" for a good multiplier. Amp doesn't mean you will find things easier :wise:
As other said, don't drop expensive if you can't afford a long run. Reduce your cost.

First,thank you for replying to the thread.

Secondly let me just make it clear ,I didn`t make the thread to whine,I can take 20 drops with no claims and a loss for that matter.

I just wanna know if this value of 20peds is average and whats to be expected with an amp that has 30 Efficiency compared to a lvl 2 amp that has 2.5 Efficiency and averages 4-5 ped a claim (at least for me).

So I decided to fully use the amp and figured id share with you all the outcome,just in case some new ppl ever look for answers and haven`t mined with a bigger efficiency amp.Here`s what u can expect

average of ample/considerable deposits thats 12-25 ped (i had none above)
and even deposits as low as 7 ped ,yeah thats right i hit a 7.8 adomasite Z20/teraamp6 ez :)

hit rate was above 30% and good cuz i only lost 150ped :)

FYI Went with a friend to Caly yesterday late night, after a day with very bad crafting results and a mediocre hunting run! I have the "great" idea to stop at FOMA and use 1 full and 1 half condition of D-Class amp's that I brought with me.
Result? 65 single drops = nada/zero/null!!! :) MA making it easy to calculate % returns after all! No headeches to math calculation and such!

Back